What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (1 Viewer)

Two phrases/word plays/whatever it's called that always bothered me from college:

1. Adding "ski" to the end of words. I.e. "alrightski," "let's get some lunchski"

2. Calling buddies broseph. As if "bro" isn't dumb enough.

Every old hen on Facebook likes to use this in their all-important "status update." "Hubby is mowing the lawn.""Waiting for hubby to bring home Chinese.""Home alone while hubby works late."Just stop.
I smell jealousy here.
Save this crap for guys like Woz.
#### you. definitely not jealous of married dudes at this point. talk to me in ten years when i get bored of doing whatever i want all the time

Saying 'za instead of pizza. You sound like a ######. Go punch yourself in the face.
Never heard of this. Where are you from?
You've never heard someone say "za"? Oh come on.That's one of those thing that is so idiotic to say that you start saying it sarcastically and then start enjoying saying it. Like "slacks" and "shark move".
:shrug: I called an FBG in a local league last night to discuss a trade offer and told him not trading with him was the, "shark move." He found it comical.

Never heard 'za before.
It was used often when I was in college. Stoner shorthand - you've only got so many functioning brain cells to devote to ordering snacks. That extra syllable was just too harsh.
A guy from KC that lived in the dorm across from my room in college used "za". Needless to say we never let him forget it. He had a long year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two phrases/word plays/whatever it's called that always bothered me from college:1. Adding "ski" to the end of words. I.e. "alrightski," "let's get some lunchski"2. Calling buddies broseph. As if "bro" isn't dumb enough.
These seem like things that would be popular among the Dane Cook crowd. Are you sure you don't use them?

Every old hen on Facebook likes to use this in their all-important "status update." "Hubby is mowing the lawn.""Waiting for hubby to bring home Chinese.""Home alone while hubby works late."Just stop.
I smell jealousy here.
Save this crap for guys like Woz.
#### you. definitely not jealous of married dudes at this point. talk to me in ten years when i get bored of doing whatever i want all the time
:popcorn: :unsure: :shrug:

I only know of "za" because it's a playable 2 letter word in scrabble. :goodposting: Never heard anyone actually use it.

"As per _____'s request" :D guilty here, often.

Saying 'za instead of pizza. You sound like a ######. Go punch yourself in the face.
You've never heard someone say "za"? Oh come on.That's one of those thing that is so idiotic to say that you start saying it sarcastically and then start enjoying saying it. Like "slacks" and "shark move".
Wait, what??? :bag:
Shuke,How do you feel about 'trousers' and 'dungarees'?

Wait, what??? :confused:
Shuke,How do you feel about 'trousers' and 'dungarees'?

Dungarees is one of my favorite words.

"Given him/me the business" Old school "Leave it Beaver" style is back in my rotation and will never get old.

On the other hand I was watching Leno last night and caught MANgagment ring for the first time.

Let's please stop this phrase as well as the practice of men wearing am engagement ring before they get started.

"Given him/me the business" Old school "Leave it Beaver" style is back in my rotation and will never get old.

On the other hand I was watching Leno last night and caught MANgagment ring for the first time.

Let's please stop this phrase as well as the practice of men wearing am engagement ring before they get started.
Who is doing the what now?

"School night"

This was a handy disqualifier when I was eDating, though. If any chick busted out this stale phrase, it was an excellent sign that we weren't going to be compatible.

Who is doing the what now?
Men wearing engagement rings. Not wedding bands actual diamond engagement rings. And they are being called mangagement rings. I could see The Moops or Otis sporting one of these. Please Don't.

Users who are viewing this thread