What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (3 Viewers)

I'm way behind but Blue Ocean strategy is a pretty hot business book. I have it on my shelf but haven't gotten around to reading it.

Put up a 40 burger.

Meaning they will score 40 or more points.
That was neat for about 5 minutes when we heard it 7 years ago on The League. It got old fast.

Now, after all those years, Rich Eisen (who I like) started saying it on his show talking with the crew about their FF league. So the NFL announcing crew and all the ESPN/NFL 24 hour talk shows are on it.

Accrossed.

I have a manager that uses this. I swear she tries to come up with a reason to use this word multiple times in any staff meeting and everytime it is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
Splain this one please.
I think he means, "After administering a richly deserved beat down on his boss, Bull Dozier drug his boss accrossed the parking lot by the hair and slung him into his trunk for further treatment."

Or "nails accrossed the chalkboard."
Yup.

Accrossed.

I have a manager that uses this. I swear she tries to come up with a reason to use this word multiple times in any staff meeting and everytime it is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
Splain this one please.
I think he means, "After administering a richly deserved beat down on his boss, Bull Dozier drug his boss accrossed the parking lot by the hair and slung him into his trunk for further treatment."

Yup.
Midwest hillbilly throwback speak

Accrossed.

Splain this one please.

Yup.
Midwest hillbilly throwback speak
Acrossed is? I think she grew up on the west coast.

I keep hearing "Drill Deeper" while in a meeting. Meaning we need to do more research or testing.

I want to punch them in the throat.

I was in this leadership program last year where the constant buzzword was being "above the line," which was about acting with integrity. While not bad on its face, people really beat it into the ground.

On various DFS message boards.

"Eric Decker is definitely gonna eat, but I like Brandon Marshall a little more."

Stop. Now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have posted these before I can't remember.

"Heavy Lift" as in a lot of work. This project will be a heavy lift over the next 6 months.

"Bandwidth"in reference to workload. Do you have the bandwidth to add this heavy lift?

These both make me want to puke.

Trunk or Treat. Why am I hearing and seeing this everywhere now? Too lazy to walk with your kids around the neighborhood? Hate this.
:lol: Saw several mentions of this over the past couple of days on FB. Thought it was just an isolated event but then I saw more and more... no clue.

Trunk or Treat. Why am I hearing and seeing this everywhere now? Too lazy to walk with your kids around the neighborhood? Hate this.
What does the trunk part mean?
People park their cars around a parking lot and open their trunks. The kids walk around the parking lot and trick-or-treat from car to car.
Holy ####. Never heard of that, did this just come about in the last year or so?

Also, trick or treating in the day is also a critical part of the ####ification of this country.

People park their cars around a parking lot and open their trunks. The kids walk around the parking lot and trick-or-treat from car to car.
Holy ####. Never heard of that, did this just come about in the last year or so?

Also, trick or treating in the day is also a critical part of the ####ification of this country.
ET did it

oh for the love of god... i will never, ever do this with my kids...

It's been around for awhile. Mostly a morman thing before from what I was told. I did one last year at the city hall. Three hours, 2000 pieces of candy and about 100 RE leads. :moneybag:

eta - it's not meant to replace Halloween...

Last edited by a moderator:

It's been around for awhile. Mostly a morman thing before from what I was told. I did one last year at the city hall. Three hours, 2000 pieces of candy and about 100 RE leads. :moneybag:

eta - it's not meant to replace Halloween...
So Mormons use a kid's celebration of Satan to get candy as a business mixer????

So how did the Jews miss this? - heyyy-ooohh ...

No, seriously, this had to start in Hollywood.

Good one. I think it's a combination of laziness and over-protective parents not wanting little Billy walking the streets in the dark.
No it's not. Every one of these I've seen has been on a night other than Halloween.
So then what is the point?
I guess so kids get more candy? :shrug:

My daughter's school does it. I don't think most schools "celebrate" Halloween any more, where the kids come to school in their costumes. The trunk or treat gives the kids to see their classmates in costume. I'm just guessing this is the point.

Not sure it's really something to get fired up about.

Good one. I think it's a combination of laziness and over-protective parents not wanting little Billy walking the streets in the dark.
No it's not. Every one of these I've seen has been on a night other than Halloween.
So then what is the point?
I guess so kids get more candy? :shrug:

My daughter's school does it. I don't think most schools "celebrate" Halloween any more, where the kids come to school in their costumes. The trunk or treat gives the kids to see their classmates in costume. I'm just guessing this is the point.

Not sure it's really something to get fired up about.
What a time to be alive

Scoresman said:
On various DFS message boards.

"Eric Decker is definitely gonna eat, but I like Brandon Marshall a little more."

Stop. Now.
What kind of dork posts on a fantasy football message board? Lame. :thumbdown:

Users who are viewing this thread