What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (1 Viewer)

Throwing shade.

Been seeing this catch on lately. Please stop.
Totally agree. It seems to crop up in fantasy football writing and I have no idea what it means. Whatever it means, people should just say that instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Throwing shade.

:goodposting:

I first heard this in Paris is Burning, the documentary from I don't remember when? Have just always associated it with drag queens, which was fine. I don't like its seeping into mainstream vernacular, though.

Throwing shade.

I first heard this in Paris is Burning, the documentary from I don't remember when? Have just always associated it with drag queens, which was fine. I don't like its seeping into mainstream vernacular, though.
Reminds me of an old Billy Joel lyric from the 1970's.

She can't be convicted

She's earned her degree

And the most she will do

Is throw shadows at you

But she's always a woman to me

Throwing shade.

Throwing shade.

Paris is Burning, definitely- late 80s? early 90s? and more recently on Ru Paul's Drag-race. maybe all the closeted metros are catching up on their drag love.

Anybody saying:

"Keep it real"

"Real talk"

"Keep it 100"

The phrase "low-key". As in: "I low-key want to grab some McDonalds on the way home". "She low-key has a thing for him".

####### stupid.

maybe already mentioned, but I wish anyone who uses "vape" would disappear forever in a puff of smoke.
What's wrong with "vape"? It's a pretty common, uncontroversial word in my world. What is the alternative? "Vaporize"?
Just dont talk about it all. Everything about vaping is horrible.
Yeah, except for the part where you can conveniently get high anywhere on cannabis concentrates with 80+% THC content at the push of a button without exposing your lungs to carcinogenic smoke. But yeah, besides that vaping is horrible.

maybe already mentioned, but I wish anyone who uses "vape" would disappear forever in a puff of smoke.
What's wrong with "vape"? It's a pretty common, uncontroversial word in my world. What is the alternative? "Vaporize"?
It's now a "lifestyle". :lol:
Vape life!"Get off my lawn, you vaporizers!"

nirad3 said:
Scoresman said:
Buckfast 1 said:
Maik Jeaunz said:
It's now a "lifestyle". :lol:
How sad is someone's life that "vaping" is a lifestyle? And "vape" is just awful.

Skin in the game. My bosses new favorite buzz phrase.
No idea what this means.
If you gamble on something, or you're invested in something...you've got some skin in the game. Dumb.
She uses it at least 6-10 times a day. "We need to make sure operations has some skin in the game on this project to get them involved."
Ugg, I'd have to punch her in her ######.

I hate when people say "Anyways." I'm not sure if that's correct English, and even if it is, it sounds dumb. Why put an "s" on the end? Just say, "Anyway."

E-Z Glider said:
"Pitch-count" when referring to how much a football player will play. :scared:
Yup, great catch. Just saw/heard this for the first time, in reference to Frank Gore, the other day on Rotoworld. And one time was enough to make me incredibly unhappy. Unfortunately, I can see this becoming the new hipcool fantasy buzzword, particularly for RBBC situations. :rolleyes: Oof.

E-Z Glider said:
"Pitch-count" when referring to how much a football player will play. :scared:
Yup, great catch. Just saw/heard this for the first time, in reference to Frank Gore, the other day on Rotoworld. And one time was enough to make me incredibly unhappy. Unfortunately, I can see this becoming the new hipcool fantasy buzzword, particularly for RBBC situations. :rolleyes: Oof.
I think DeMarco Murray will get a ton of RBI's this year.

Users who are viewing this thread