What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (3 Viewers)

I watch a lot of NFL-Network and ESPN and listen to a ton of NFL-Radio too.

The preponderance of the words "room" and "building" have become a little much.

I know, I know... get off my lawn.

Side hustle.
Yes, I was gonna post this a few days ago and forgot.

You're not "hustlin'" crap, come on now.
I swear they used to just be called part time jobs.
Right. And heck, I'd actually be OK with "side gig" but "hustle"? LOL

yeah, giant yuck.

all these biz bros on twitter/IG that can't be 25 yrs old and are going to teach you how they made millions - so punchable

love these girls making fun of them

Side hustle.

yeah, giant yuck.

all these biz bros on twitter/IG that can't be 25 yrs old and are going to teach you how they made millions - so punchable

Hustle is what people do on a street corner in the hood, selling drugs or their body.

Side hustle.

yeah, giant yuck.

Hustle is what people do on a street corner in the hood, selling drugs or their body.
Or at the pool table gambling

Side hustle.

yeah, giant yuck.

Or a 1975 disco dance.

People calling your new house, apartment, office, your "new digs."
"Hey, nice place, how do you like your new digs?"

Side hustle.

Nobody wants a part time job, a lot of families/couples have small businesses just to write things off.
I understand the pull back from the term side hustle, not something I personally use but I tend to want to know what people are doing that they describe as a "side hustle"
Many times that's the opening for an MLM pitch which I tend to cut off quickly but sometimes you hear a good idea.

This one's been on my mind for awhile now, just reminded of it listening to a commercial on Pandora today:

"New and improved"

No, this makes no sense. If something is to be improved upon, that automatically classifies it as something that's been around. Hence it can't be "new".

Or if it's something that's "new", it can't be "improved" since things that are improved upon already existed....

Dumb phrase. Maybe it should be "newly improved", as in "recently improved"?

Get off my lawn.

This one's been on my mind for awhile now, just reminded of it listening to a commercial on Pandora today:

"New and improved"

No, this makes no sense. If something is to be improved upon, that automatically classifies it as something that's been around. Hence it can't be "new".

Or if it's something that's "new", it can't be "improved" since things that are improved upon already existed....

Dumb phrase. Maybe it should be "newly improved", as in "recently improved"?

Get off my lawn.
Raise your hand if you've been married twice.

I love football so I do listen to NFL-Radio on SXM a lot, but man... do they have to say the word "football" before the words "team", "game", "player", etc. every time? Like, we know what sport you're talking about, fella. Drives me batty.

Might have been mentioned already but I'm not going back to check...so tired of the "crooked number" baseball announcers keep using over and over and over and over again.

Might have been mentioned already but I'm not going back to check...so tired of the "crooked number" baseball announcers keep using over and over and over and over again.
What does that mean? (I haven't watched baseball in a good while.)
Multiple runs scored by one team in any given inning. Meaning 1 is a straight number, but 2 3 etc. are "crooked" numbers.
That's assinine.

Parents calling referring to their kids as "littles." For example: Took the littles for ice cream.
I’ve never heard that one.
Maybe it's the helmet. That term is everywhere, unfortunately.
What does “Maybe it’s the helmet” mean In that context?
The one on your avatar's head.
Must be a regional thing. My wife has never heard of the expression either.

Could be controversial because a quick forum search reveals a lot of usage of this term, banger.

to me it sounds like a British term that Americans have picked up.

That Wonderwall by Oasis, what a banger!

I watch a lot of ESPN and NFL-Network. Listen to a lot of NFL-Radio on SiriusXM.

Right now, the go-to phrase is "to your point...". I hear this 25 times a day from various talking heads.

Could be controversial because a quick forum search reveals a lot of usage of this term, banger.

to me it sounds like a British term that Americans have picked up.

That Wonderwall by Oasis, what a banger!
I think that got popularized by Succession. During Kendall's birthday party, He is doosh-walking through the party, checking the vibe and listening to the music playing and screams out "All bangers, all the time!" I've seen it used ironically.

Users who are viewing this thread