What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Player regardless of play this year (1 Viewer)

Mimo

Footballguy
The player I believe under the radar that is performing quite well with the cast he has is Kevin Smith. I think Smith will only get better next year. The guy has the pedigree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darren Sproles and Ray Rice. I think Sproles role only continues to expand. Rice is averaging .5 per carry more than McClain and .7 more than McGahee in a little over 100 attempts. Looks like he'll be the real deal. But only if they appropriately fall to me (#4 RB).

Zach Miller, assuming the Raiders' WR situation remains abominable and Russell continues to improve.

I'm calling bunk on the Kevin Smith call. I like the kid but don't forget the huge majority of his yards come when the Lions are down 21 points. Of course you can run on teams when they drop everyone back.

PR Sparty said:
I'm calling bunk on the Kevin Smith call. I like the kid but don't forget the huge majority of his yards come when the Lions are down 21 points. Of course you can run on teams when they drop everyone back.
You say that as though it was a phenomenon unique to this year.

I think the SOD in deep leagues next year is going to be Jerious Norwood. I just think Turner will slow down next season.

I don't know if I'm matching the under the radar criterion, but here are a bunch of guys who I think will be overlooked next year:

Colston/Moore - Brees will be considered by some in round 1, these guys will drop

Ryan Grant - somehow has 1100 yards

McFadden - done some damage in the passing game, might get overlooked by whoever the new rookie sensation is

Stewart - same as McFadden

DeSean Jackson - might get forgotten with all the rookie WRs this year, and he's definitely tapered off a bit, but the Eagles continue to do everything they can to get this guy more involved

Garrard - pretty steady after the first three weeks, is somehow ranked QB#10 in my league

Rashard Mendenhall will be a steal.
I like this one as well.I thought I posted this before, but as far as Kevin Smith goes, I don't think he's under the radar at all. I've already had a couple of buddies who are pretty casual FF guys mention how good they think he is.

by no means "under the radar", but im making a point of making sure i get Andre Johnson in atleast one of my leagues.

Modified the title a bit for clarity...........

Another couple players I think I will go after are:

Darren McFadden and Devin Thomas

Braylon Edwards - too talented for another season this poor....I don't expect 2007, but he'll be better than he was this year

Matt Jones - clear #1 in Jax and my have finally gotten his wake up call

Jonathan Stewart - too talented not to shine with another year under his belt

Ronnie Brown - Ricky will be another year older and they will be even better as a team next year....plus he'll be 2 years removed from his knee surgery

Carson Palmer - next year will be different and he has the right attitude/mindset to turn it around no matter who he is throwing to

Still may be drinking Kool Aid on this, but Ronnie Brown.

Took a quarter season or so to get Ronnie back into form, and he showed flashes of his previous dominant in limited carries. I give a lot of credit to Ricky Williams, as he way outperformed expectations, but I think a lot of the sharing of carries had more to do with protecting Ronnie's health than the fact that he wasn't getting the job done.

With a healthy offseason to prepare, I think Ronnie Brown comes back and becomes the workhorse once again.

Nate Burleson.
I loved him this year and I really think he would have surprised some people(and made the Seahawks season totally different) had he not gotten hurt in week one. Where does Nate project out to you next year Jeff? redraft ADP/Auction value($200 cap)

Reggie Williams: god please let this be his last year in Jax. They have wasted his talent with for 5 years with their crappy QB play and the coaching of Suck Rio.

Reggie Williams: god please let this be his last year in Jax. They have wasted his talent with for 5 years with their crappy QB play and the coaching of Suck Rio.
Wasted his talent??... the guy had all the chances in the world, he blew his own starting gig. If I recall lost his job to a WR on the Dolphins that doesn't even dress in Wilford.With that being said...Regardless of play this year I still draft..Brian Westbrook (wasn't terrible, but riddled with injuries)T.O (Lackluster season because of QB injuries)Chad Johnson (new coach possibly, new team... i know it's a stretch but the guy does have talent)

Nate Burleson.
I loved him this year and I really think he would have surprised some people(and made the Seahawks season totally different) had he not gotten hurt in week one. Where does Nate project out to you next year Jeff? redraft ADP/Auction value($200 cap)
WR3 (about #30 overall, maybe a little lower) - around the $10 range (I'd hope for less of course).Just off the top of my head.

Any veteran RB that is on a team that drafts a RB early will be a good value - probably (hard to make a sweeping definitive statement like that).

This year was a boon to rookie RBs - Forte, Chris Johnson, Kevin Smith (odd that the "second three" > "first three" in rookie year). Last year several other rooks had impacts as well (ADP, MJD, etc.).

At some point the vets will step up and hold on to their jobs, but at the very least they'll be value picks, something like Fred Taylor last year or even Warrick Dunn this year (although he had no rookie threat this year).

Oh Yes! said:
devin hester
:thumbup: the bears will spend money on a WR and hester will have more room for wide open drops.
Are they going to spend money on a QB to get him the ball too?I agree with those saying Ronnie Brown.Id like to have Steven Jackson. I think if he can get healthy, the guy is just an uber stud.

Wasted his talent??... the guy had all the chances in the world, he blew his own starting gig. If I recall lost his job to a WR on the Dolphins that doesn't even dress in Wilford.With that being said...Regardless of play this year I still draft..Brian Westbrook (wasn't terrible, but riddled with injuries)T.O (Lackluster season because of QB injuries)Chad Johnson (new coach possibly, new team... i know it's a stretch but the guy does have talent)
I respectfully disagree. RW comes off a nice ending of 2007 only to come into 2008 and the poor play of the offensive line and Garrard. Have you watched their games. The play calling is horrendous. When Garrard did drop back to pass he would lock on to Jones apparently because he is the tallest on the field and the only one Garrard could see. Williams plays hard, blocks great, doesn't ##### and moan and makes plays when given the opprotunity. I think if he was to play for a decent offense and QB you would see him produce. I just hope he moves on and is given that opprotunity.

I respectfully disagree. RW comes off a nice ending of 2007 only to come into 2008 and the poor play of the offensive line and Garrard. Have you watched their games. The play calling is horrendous. When Garrard did drop back to pass he would lock on to Jones apparently because he is the tallest on the field and the only one Garrard could see. Williams plays hard, blocks great, doesn't ##### and moan and makes plays when given the opprotunity. I think if he was to play for a decent offense and QB you would see him produce. I just hope he moves on and is given that opprotunity.
Then why is Garrard locking into Northcutt now instead of Reggie? Reggie is 6' 4" versus Jones being 6' 6" - not exactly a huge difference. It all comes down to production - Jones has done so after nearly being shown the door, while Reggie hasn't produced - even with Jones being absent.

Tyler Thigpen.

He ended up #10 in points per game for QBs in my league. And that includes 2 or 3 crap weeks early in the season where things were in total disarray. He's got some reasonable weapons. And the defenses in the AFC West arent the toughest. I'll definitely be targeting him as a QB2.

Wasted his talent??... the guy had all the chances in the world, he blew his own starting gig. If I recall lost his job to a WR on the Dolphins that doesn't even dress in Wilford.With that being said...

Regardless of play this year I still draft..

Brian Westbrook (wasn't terrible, but riddled with injuries)

T.O (Lackluster season because of QB injuries)

Chad Johnson (new coach possibly, new team... i know it's a stretch but the guy does have talent)
IIRC, Williams had a good year in 2007 largely due to a ridiculously outside the norm TD to catch ratio, not due to strong overall and consistent production.

One more for now:Carson Palmer.
Excellent choice. I traded for him early in the season. He never played one game for me. But I think I've got myself lined up for next season. He's a very talented guy.
I wouldn't count on Palmer next season. If he had the surgery early in the season he would be fine for next year but his elbow will be screwed as soon as he starts throwing again.
I totally agree. People keep talking up Carson but he was shelved this year for what was termed a partially "frayed" ligament and tendon in his throwing elbow. I'm no surgeon, but "frayed" sure as heck sounds like a synonym for "permanent" to me. And those thoughts gain validation when you consider Palmer and his team of interested parties kicked around the idea of him having the same "Tommy John" surgery Jake Delhomme had last offseason. Yet he elected not to. Color me sceptical at two monthes R&R being the prescription for ligament damage. Palmer has just now started throwing again and the early returns are favorable. But it'll take an entire offseason of favorable reports of Palmer's progress before I'm convinced. Luckily we have a long offseason to get it all sorted out.

PR Sparty said:
Who says the situation won't be the same in 2009?

Users who are viewing this thread