What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Players You're Considering Cutting This Week..... (1 Viewer)

NoCheese

turn or burn
For me, it's Baltimore D/ST and Eddie Royal.

I own both at $3/ea in a $100 auction salary cap league. If Balt D/ST can't do well HOME against Cleveland in Week 3 they're gone. It's a TD heavy league, so Royal looks almost worthless.

I own both at $3/ea in a $100 auction salary cap league. If Balt D/ST can't do well HOME against Cleveland in Week 3 they're gone. It's a TD heavy league, so Royal looks almost worthless.
Mason and Willie Parker

Mason and Willie Parker
Forgot about Willie. Have him too ($5 out of $100 cap). I'll give him a chance w/ some compelling matchups forthcoming, but if he doesn't produce at Cincy in Week 3, at Detroit in Week 5, and home against Cleveland in Week 6 he's gone.

Ted Ginn for one of Manningham, Sims-Walker, or an injury fill-in (maybe Edelman or Choice).

Still holding on to James Davis ... for now.

Another vote for Donnie Avery. Although he's keepable in a dynasty format I suppose. He may have Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford as a QB down the road.

Avery

Troy Williamson

Hixon

Seeing Royal here...maybe I'll try to trade for him. I'd trade Avery for Royal in a heart beat.

Santana Moss, the schedule is so cupcake though. Might hold for one more week. If they can't score a TD vs. the Lions he's gone.

Eddie Royal. My league is PPR with very tight roster limits. Don't know if I'll have the stones to go through with it but I'm strongly considering it since there are some guys on the WW who I like.

not a major shocker but Dallas Defense is goooooooooooonnne..!!!

@ 3 points a sack they were great last year.... this year after two games they have ZERO points in both games....ZERO..!!!!!

Adios !!!!

I have Eddie Royal and Santana Moss both dragging down my team. I'm not sure I want to cut bait yet but this is getting ridiculous. It really wouldn't take much to get them from me but not really sure if there is a great alternative on the WW though.

engram - on a flyer, i was hoping he would be productive in garbage time. no such luck.

martellus bennett - he's just not getting the looks.

sammy morris - i've been holding onto him but i think he's done.

I have Eddie Royal and Santana Moss both dragging down my team. I'm not sure I want to cut bait yet but this is getting ridiculous. It really wouldn't take much to get them from me but not really sure if there is a great alternative on the WW though.
The Broncos play the Raiders next week so I don't see it getting any better for Royal. The Redskins play the Lions so there's hope for Moss, but it's not like Washington had a rough matchup yesterday by any means and Moss soiled the bed again.

L. Moore (no looks, hammy injury)

SD DEF (unless I can trade them)...picked up NYJ off waivers

M. Goodson (JStew seems healthy)

E. Royal, Avery and Lee Evans were just dropped in my league.

Michael Clayton (Tampa) I would think.

Lefty throws the ball that many times and he gets 2 passes with Bryant being out of the lineup? His re-emergence might have been a bit premature.

Michael Clayton (Tampa) I would think.Lefty throws the ball that many times and he gets 2 passes with Bryant being out of the lineup? His re-emergence might have been a bit premature.
Agreed - that may be the most you'll ever see Leftwitch throw the ball, and when Freeman comes in, he's likely not going to chuck it that much either.I realize that much coverage rolled to Clayton with Bryant out, but it was very disappointing to see how few looks Clayton got.I'll third (or fourth) Lance Moore - no more Moore.

Probably cut Kevin Walter (HOU) for Manningham (NYG)
No way would I cut Walter. He'll finally be healthy next game & his upside is huge. He'll have a decent game & somebody else scoops him up. You must have somebody more cuttable than Walter.

Yup, I'm thinking of dropping Hester for Knox. Knox seems to be getting a lot more looks than Hester is getting.
Wow. Hester had a nice game 1 and struggled yesterday against Pitt. Little early for that?
I can see cutler having his favorite target rotate until he settles down, I think it will be after week 5-7 until we can say who his favorite target will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm strongly considering dropping Bernard Berrian for either Steve Smith(NYG) or Mario Manningham. Leaning towards Steve Smith though, seems more reliable to me than Manningham. Giants have a good looking passing matchup next week vs Tampa Bay too.. :mellow:

In my keeper I'm dropping A. Gonzo for Manningham or KNox. Also considering dropping Mendenhall for Shonne Greene. Thoughts?

I've got both of these guys too and they are starting to look like wasted picks. I thought Moss would blow-up yesterday but he still didn't do crap. Although since neither did the Washington offense maybe Zorn will realize they have to get the ball to Moss way more. But then again maybe not??

Last edited by a moderator:
I dropped S. Moss for D. henderson last week

In my other league, I am going to have to drop Lance Moore and find some WR help. I have Welker but he is banged up and taking Steve Smith late paid off as he is my only legit WR right now.

I'm strongly considering dropping Bernard Berrian for either Steve Smith(NYG) or Mario Manningham. Leaning towards Steve Smith though, seems more reliable to me than Manningham. Giants have a good looking passing matchup next week vs Tampa Bay too.. :thumbup:
Funny, I just dropped Willie Parker for Manningham......then I noticed that Smith is on the WW as well.....so I'm thinking of dropping Berrian for him.

T.Williamson (dynasty)

L.Moore (dynasty in short rosters if i can find someone of value on the ww)

Also wondering on Robiskie for dynasty but for now HOLD.

Users who are viewing this thread