What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff situation -- Problem at Antsports (1 Viewer)

gianmarco

Footballguy
Any and all ideas welcome on this as I'm a bit frustrated.

I'm playing in a league at Antsports (yes, yes, I know) and playoffs start this week. For those unfamiliar with it, Antsports uses Victory Points to determine standings and the top 6 teams in our 12 team league advance to playoffs.

Well, my team was tied with another with VPs for the 6th spot and the tiebreaker goes to total points of the year. As of Monday night, I was down 0.45 pts and missed the playoffs. However, I had TB Mike Williams and he wasn't credited with a catch and with the correction would take over the pts lead and would be in the playoffs as a result.

The problem? Antsports has yet to update William's stat line and it still has my team in 7th and out of the playoffs. The change was made first thing on Tuesday which is when I sent the first email out. On Thursday, I still hadn't heard anything and the Tenn/Indy game was coming up that evening so I sent out another email and included all the owners. I also called the Antsports phone # and left a message.

It's now Saturday and I've yet to get a response and there is yet to be a change. Not sure where to go from here.

Any ideas or thoughts on this? Any similar experiences with Antsports?

When you emailed the league on Thursday, did you include your "would-be" roster for Week 14 for everybody to see? If not, it may be difficult for a change to be made.

When you emailed the league on Thursday, did you include your "would-be" roster for Week 14 for everybody to see? If not, it may be difficult for a change to be made.
Oh, you can still submit lineups and I already did that. My lineup is clearly inputted and on the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gian... why can't the Commish just make the fixes manually?
Oh, I'm sure he could. However, there is a "rule" on the site that once games start on Sunday that the results are final. So, stat protests need to be done ahead of time. I've done my part on that, but once games start on Sunday, I have no idea if he WILL go back and change them even though it's easily done. That's the thing, this is a pretty clear black and white issue. The stat is definitely wrong on the site. The stat has clearly been changed everywhere else. The stat change clearly puts us in the playoffs. I've done everything I can to make this apparent. Yet it's less than 24 hours from the start of the games and now I'm not sure this is going to get resolved as easily as it should have already been done.

Oh, I'm sure he could. However, there is a "rule" on the site that once games start on Sunday that the results are final. So, stat protests need to be done ahead of time. I've done my part on that, but once games start on Sunday, I have no idea if he WILL go back and change them even though it's easily done. That's the thing, this a pretty clear black and white issue. The stat is definitely wrong on the site. The stat has clearly been changed everywhere else. The stat change clearly puts us in the playoffs. I've done everything I can to make this apparent. Yet it's less than 24 hours from the start of the games and now I'm not sure this is going to get resolved as easily as it should have already been done.
Lousy Commishing IMO. Shouldn't need to see it at Antsports to do the right thing.

Oh, I'm sure he could. However, there is a "rule" on the site that once games start on Sunday that the results are final. So, stat protests need to be done ahead of time. I've done my part on that, but once games start on Sunday, I have no idea if he WILL go back and change them even though it's easily done. That's the thing, this a pretty clear black and white issue. The stat is definitely wrong on the site. The stat has clearly been changed everywhere else. The stat change clearly puts us in the playoffs. I've done everything I can to make this apparent. Yet it's less than 24 hours from the start of the games and now I'm not sure this is going to get resolved as easily as it should have already been done.
Lousy Commishing IMO. Shouldn't need to see it at Antsports to do the right thing.
:goodposting: I'm with this guy.

I can't believe that place is still in business. Forgot about them long ago...worst customer service in the industry

You should automatically lose if you do a league thru them.

Like you should already know "Thanks for your entry fee....now thanks for playin"

Oh, I'm sure he could. However, there is a "rule" on the site that once games start on Sunday that the results are final. So, stat protests need to be done ahead of time. I've done my part on that, but once games start on Sunday, I have no idea if he WILL go back and change them even though it's easily done. That's the thing, this is a pretty clear black and white issue. The stat is definitely wrong on the site. The stat has clearly been changed everywhere else. The stat change clearly puts us in the playoffs. I've done everything I can to make this apparent. Yet it's less than 24 hours from the start of the games and now I'm not sure this is going to get resolved as easily as it should have already been done.
This seems more of a Commish problem rather than an Antsports problem. I quit my local redraft this year because the Commish was "if the rules don't exactly cover it, there is nothing I can do" types (there was a waiver wire malfunction and I should have gotten a player but didn't and when I complained he said, "Sorry rules don't allow me to correct this").The stat is wrong and has been changed everywhere else except Antsports. This should be a no-brainer for the Commish to do the right thing. If he doesn't bend on this, perhaps you could ask for a league vote (although that probably isn't allowed in the rules either).

Last I heard that site was carrying all kinds of viruses.

I guess you've been freerolling on winnings the last 5 years or so? There's really no other reason your still there.

I had all kinds of problems with antsports. Worst site around. I am shocked that anybody would still play there. Good luck getting paid if you win! Try phenoms site next year...hands down the best site.

Last I heard that site was carrying all kinds of viruses.I guess you've been freerolling on winnings the last 5 years or so? There's really no other reason your still there.
This is exactly the only reason I'm still there. I hate the site. I guess I just gotta hope he fixes it.

So what other sites out there are good for keeper leagues with payouts? I've been with antsports, but would like to check out others if they are better.

antsports sucks, run away as fast as you can
:goodposting:
:goodposting: Antsports is brutal. I got sucked into playing a league there and no matter how much $ I win it is not worth it. Draft was brutal, site is horrible, and customer service via phone or email is completely non-existent. Our league has had a number of issues throughout the season and they have not responded a single time in any way, shape, or form. They are stealing money there.

Did you see this posted?

Sun 12/12: !!! The NYG at MIN game may be rescheduled until Tue due to roof collasape.

The game, no matter when played, will count towards the week 14 stats.

I am updating M. Williams TBB stats for week 13.

Did you see this posted?Sun 12/12: !!! The NYG at MIN game may be rescheduled until Tue due to roof collasape.The game, no matter when played, will count towards the week 14 stats.I am updating M. Williams TBB stats for week 13.
Yep, he finally answered the phone this morning half hour before the games. He had no idea about it despite my messages and multiple emails. That's how that even got posted was because of my call.It's fixed and now in the playoffs. Lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread