What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Here When FF Coaches (AKA, You) Do Something You Disagree with (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
We have one about NFL coaches, but it occurred to me it might be fun / cathartic to post when you’ve made a huge mistake (/Gob) setting your FF lineup.

Obviously it’s premature for week 4, but how mad at yourself are you for errors you’ve committed so far, and more importantly, should you be calling for your head coach to be fired over it?
🤔

I’ll go first:

• I’ve stubbornly started AJD over Stevenson since week 2, as Dillon had a big game week 1. It’s cost me a bunch of points, but hasn’t yet cost me a W.

• I’m predicting for week 5 that in the one league of 3 where I didn’t start Gabe Davis, (Stevenson over him) that it’s going to be reason to fire my HC on Tuesday morning. 🥹

I know exactly what my worst FF problem is - giving too much credit for name recognition instead of how they are actually producing. I have started Allen Robinson every week, and he is WR73.

Tonight I benched Defirest Buckner, who’s been both ineffective and had a hurt elbow.

Naturally he has 24 & counting. :doh:

Inexcusable. Fire that coach! :rant:

Each week I've picked the worst player on my team to be my flex. It's a great feeling having a bench score ten points a piece while the guy you agonized over starting gets twenty yards.

Tureen Cleveland?!

What in the actual hell is going on Hackett?!
I’ll go first:

• In the one league of 3 where I didn’t start Gabe Davis, (Stevenson over him)

After all that preseason hype, I don't believe this sir.

:bowtie:
I drafted him as a flex in my IDP redraft. I happen to have AJDIllon, Daubs, Stevenson, & Pollard to choose from behind Barkley, Jamaal Williams, JJ, Higgins & Sutton, so….

In the other two leagues he’s my only good option. In the IDP redraft, it’s a tough call coming off a couple down weeks.

After the horrific performance by Russ I might swap him in for the ceiling play.

One guy in my league has been carrying Harrison Butker on his bench for 4 weeks and rostering two kickers :loco: This guy doesn't drop anyone, it seems. I've never seen a more dedicated player. Two kickers, and his bench is Dak Prescott, Tua Tagovailoa, D'Andre Swift, Keenan Allen, and Traylon Burks. Plus a second defense on his bench leaves him with just one spare player in his lineup. It's crazy. He's finally going to have to drop someone this week because Bridgewater was his only QB.

He's also notoriously the kind of guy who puts a guy from the 1pm game in his flex when his #1 RB or whatever plays in the late game, which is FF coaching stupidity.

Gabe Davis in my lineup in 2 leagues, but benched for Jamaal Williams in another.

A league I’m 3-1 and in a very very close game that would be a lock had I started Gabe Davis. FIRE THAT MANAGER!!
:rant:

I know I am probably unusual in this; but I don't check the standings in my league. All season I literally never look at my league standings. I wish there was an option for no crawl viewing on broadcasts because I hate being distracted by the whole "Did my guy...?" nonsense which diminishes my ability to enjoy watching football.

You can't avoid it entirely but, as a general rule I won't know if I've made a bad decision until late Monday evening or Tuesday morning.

IMHO (ie superior opinion) Football is more fun to watch, absent magic football considerations.

That being said, I think I may have made a good call benching ARSB.

Users who are viewing this thread