What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Your 2013 Dynasty Rookie Draft (1 Viewer)

Isn't not being completely wrecked much more valuable than heart or determination
Not IMO. Michael was an under-achiever and will likely be an under-achiever in the NFL. I'd rather take my chances on a guy that has his coach say this about him:

"Marcus Lattimore - unique player, unique person," Harbaugh said. "Can't say enough about the mental toughness this young man has displayed. Nothing keeps him down. He's dazzling as a runner, electric as a ball carrier, and we're betting that he'll be able to overcome the setback with the injury.

Traded Lamichael James, and the 2.3 for Marcel Reece and the 1.12..

I wanted to hold onto James, but locking down the GB RB situation seemed more important. James is likely RB3 where he sits. Very talented, but not a likely starter anytime soon..

I also own Darren McFadden and Taiwan Jones, so Reece locks things up there for me as well..

Last edited by a moderator:

I wanted to hold onto James, but locking down the GB RB situation seemed more important. James is likely RB3 where he sits. Very talented, but not a likely starter anytime soon..

I also own Darren McFadden and Taiwan Jones, so Reece locks things up there for me as well..
Does locking up so many roster spots work for you? I have never tried that approach. I assume this makes you miss out on many WW adds.

12 Team IDP contract salary league

Crazy start but it should be noted that rookie RB contracts cost 2x more than a WR, which is why I passed on Lacy and Gio twice

http://football2.myfantasyleague.com/2013/options?L=33845&O=17
I could understand that pushing Austin, Patterson, and maybe even Hopkins ahead of them. But Justin Hunter? Eh... Sounds like over-thinking it.
I can understand taking Hunter over Lacy, but not Bernard.

Tenacious D (not me, BTW) lucked out getting Bernard at 1.9.

14 team 0.5 PPR qb, 2rb, 2r, te, rb/wr, rb/wr/te

1.1 Tavon Austin

1.2 Gio Bernard

1.3 Eddie Lacy

1.4 Cordarrelle Patterson

1.5 DeAndre Hopkins

1.6 LeVeon Bell

1.7 Montee Ball

1.8 Keenan Allen

1.9 EJ Manuel

1.10 Marcus Lattimore

1.11 Zac Stacy

1.12 Jonathon Franklin

1.13 Tyler Eiffert

1.14 Zach Ertz

2.1 Justin Hunter

2.2 Travis Kelce

2.3 Christine Michael

2.4 Markus Wheaton

2.5 Robert Woods

2.6 Aaron Dobson

2.7 Geno Smith

2.8 Da'Rick Rogers

2.9 Joseph Randle

2.10 Quinton Patton

2.12 Josh Boyce

2.13 Ryan Swope

2.14 Matt Barkley

2.11 (timed out) Andre Ellingon

3.1 Ryan Nassib

3.2 Marquess Wilson

Does locking up so many roster spots work for you? I have never tried that approach. I assume this makes you miss out on many WW adds.
Well, they're going to be on someones roster right? Why not mine? The worst feeling is when you have a RB go down and you need his replacement and someone else in the league snags him up..

I do understand what you're saying though, but we have 30 player rosters in this league. So, I'll still have room for ww moves.

Well, they're going to be on someones roster right? Why not mine? The worst feeling is when you have a RB go down and you need his replacement and someone else in the league snags him up..

I do understand what you're saying though, but we have 30 player rosters in this league. So, I'll still have room for ww moves.
Ohh cool, I didn't realize you had 30 players on your roster. I guess I could have checked. That makes a pretty big difference.

I'm not posting drafts due to owners in these leagues having other upcoming drafts but just to highlight the lack of consensus. I'm in 3 drafts, all 12 team leagues, one league is PPR across he board and all leagues are PPR for RB and WR with one league awarding 1.25 PPR to TE and the other awarding 1.5 PPR to TE.

In one league Lacy went 1.1. He went 1.7 in another.

In one league Patterson went 1.1. He went 1.7 in the other and was eventually traded for 2.3 and 2.4.

In one league Bell went 1.2 and 1.6 in another. In the league he went 1.2 he was eventually traded for the 1.3 and 1.9.

Austin has ranged from 1.2 to 1.5.

The closest thing I've seen to a consensus is that Gio has not made it out of the top 3.

I'm not posting drafts due to owners in these leagues having other upcoming drafts but just to highlight the lack of consensus. I'm in 3 drafts, all 12 team leagues, one league is PPR across he board and all leagues are PPR for RB and WR with one league awarding 1.25 PPR to TE and the other awarding 1.5 PPR to TE.

In one league Patterson went 1.1. He went 1.7 in the other and was eventually traded for 2.3 and 2.4.

In one league Bell went 1.2 and 1.6 in another. In the league he went 1.2 he was eventually traded for the 1.3 and 1.9.

The closest thing I've seen to a consensus is that Gio has not made it out of the top 3.
That's good info. Thanks.

I kind of think I will be seeing that in my leagues too. Really is not a consensus.

Gio went 1.04 this morning in mine. Bell, Ball and Tavon went 1-3 respectively (all to the same owner).

Gio went 1.04 this morning in mine. Bell, Ball and Tavon went 1-3 respectively (all to the same owner).
I am in a 10 Team PPR, Superflex and Gio is still on the board at 1.6. Our draft went Ball, Bell, Lacy, Austin, Hopkins. I am not up until 2.4.

Was expecting the RBs to take a back seat to the WRs a bit this year. Doesn't look like it's going that way at all. Right after the draft, everyone was arguing Cordarrelle or Tavon with the 1.01 and they are quite often going outside of the top 3, with Patterson slipping out of the top 5 quite often. Gio was a consensus top 3 who is also going later than expected this week.

Just like the discussion on all of these players. This is the manifestation of that. I have my other main league draft in late June. It;s not a PPR, and RB heavy, so I'm guessing Tavon might go as late as 5 in that league except for the fact that it's all guys in St. Louis so the homer factor will drive his value up...

I'm not posting drafts due to owners in these leagues having other upcoming drafts but just to highlight the lack of consensus. I'm in 3 drafts, all 12 team leagues, one league is PPR across he board and all leagues are PPR for RB and WR with one league awarding 1.25 PPR to TE and the other awarding 1.5 PPR to TE. In one league Lacy went 1.1. He went 1.7 in another. In one league Patterson went 1.1. He went 1.7 in the other and was eventually traded for 2.3 and 2.4. In one league Bell went 1.2 and 1.6 in another. In the league he went 1.2 he was eventually traded for the 1.3 and 1.9. Austin has ranged from 1.2 to 1.5. The closest thing I've seen to a consensus is that Gio has not made it out of the top 3.
That's good info. Thanks. I kind of think I will be seeing that in my leagues too. Really is not a consensus.
There seems to be a very solid consensus forming that the top 7 are Austin, Hopkins, Patterson, Bernard, Bell, Ball, and Lacy in one order or another. Looking through the rookie drafts, you're almost always seeing at least 6 of those guys (and often all 7) in the first 7 picks off the board. Within those 7 picks, though, you're definitely getting a lot of movement.

Was expecting the RBs to take a back seat to the WRs a bit this year. Doesn't look like it's going that way at all. Right after the draft, everyone was arguing Cordarrelle or Tavon with the 1.01 and they are quite often going outside of the top 3, with Patterson slipping out of the top 5 quite often. Gio was a consensus top 3 who is also going later than expected this week.
This always happens. People fall for the Daniel Thomases of the draft and let the riskier, or perhaps slower-developing, talent slip.

Well I can tell you now, as an owner that was lucky enough to have the first 2 picks in this years awesome draft <_< (and then moving up to ensure I got my third wanted player) that the following will be our leagues first three picks:(12 team QbRbWrWrFxTeKD non-PPR)1.01 - Bell1.02 - Patterson1.03 - Hopkins

And that just showcases the lack of consensus

Well I can tell you now, as an owner that was lucky enough to have the first 2 picks in this years awesome draft <_< (and then moving up to ensure I got my third wanted player) that the following will be our leagues first three picks:(12 team QbRbWrWrFxTeKD non-PPR)1.01 - Bell1.02 - Patterson1.03 - Hopkins

For a 1 RB required, non-ppr league, that's optimistic for even a Steelers fan.

For a 1 RB required, non-ppr league, that's optimistic for even a Steelers fan.
Very true. But I am sitting with Richardson and Martin (and Hillman *cough* ... ahem), so not a must have situation. However, knowing me, I would've probably still done it regardless.

start 2 qb, 2 rb, 4 wr, 2 te, 1 def, 1 k

PPR, 4 points for all tds

sorry about the formatting. Lattimore went too early IMO, but owner didnt have other picks and really wanted him

Rb Eddie Lacy 1.2
Qb EJ Manuel 1.3
Wr C.Patterson 1.4
Rb G.Bernard 1.5
Rb L.Bell 1.6
Rb M.Ball 1.7
Wr T.Austin 1.8
Qb G.Smith 1.9
Rb M.Lattimore 1.1
Te Z.Ertz 1.11
Wr R.Woods 1.12
Te T.Eifert
Wr D.Hopkins 2.2
Wr J.Hunter 2.3
Qb M.Barkley 2.4
Rb C.Michael 2.5
Rb J.Franklin 2.6
Wr K.Allen 2.7
Te T.Kelce 2.8
Rb J.Randle 2.9
Wr K.Stills 2.1
Qb T.Wilson 2.11
Qb M.Glennon 2.12
Wr M.Wheaton
Rb S.Taylor 3.2
Rb Z.Stacy 3.3.
Wr S.Bailey 3.4
Rb K.Barnor 3.5
Wr A.Dobson 3.6
no pick forfit in supp draft 3.7
Rb D.Robinson 3.8
Wr T.Williams 3.9
Rb M.Gillislee 3.1
Te G.Escobar 3.11
Rb K.Davis 3.12
Qb L.Jones
Rb A.Ellington 4.2
Wr Q.Patton 4.3
Te J.Reed 4.4
Wr J.Boyce 4.5
Wr M.Goodwin 4.6
Te V.McDonald 4.7
Wr D.Rogers 4.8
Rb K.Williams 4.9
Wr C.Harper 4.1
Rb L.Murray 4.11
Qb R.Nassib 4.12
Wr A.Sanders
Wr M.Wilson 5.2
Qb T.Bray 5.3
Qb M . Scott 5.4
Rb R. Rouse 5.5
Te D. Sims 5.6
Wr M. Mallette 5.7
Rb M.James 5.8
Qb T. Dyzart 5.9
Wr R. Swope 5.1
Wr T. King 5.11
Te M.RIveria 5.12
Wr C. Fuller

Adam Harstad said:
Shutout said:
menobrown said:
I'm not posting drafts due to owners in these leagues having other upcoming drafts but just to highlight the lack of consensus. I'm in 3 drafts, all 12 team leagues, one league is PPR across he board and all leagues are PPR for RB and WR with one league awarding 1.25 PPR to TE and the other awarding 1.5 PPR to TE. In one league Lacy went 1.1. He went 1.7 in another. In one league Patterson went 1.1. He went 1.7 in the other and was eventually traded for 2.3 and 2.4. In one league Bell went 1.2 and 1.6 in another. In the league he went 1.2 he was eventually traded for the 1.3 and 1.9. Austin has ranged from 1.2 to 1.5. The closest thing I've seen to a consensus is that Gio has not made it out of the top 3.
That's good info. Thanks. I kind of think I will be seeing that in my leagues too. Really is not a consensus.
There seems to be a very solid consensus forming that the top 7 are Austin, Hopkins, Patterson, Bernard, Bell, Ball, and Lacy in one order or another. Looking through the rookie drafts, you're almost always seeing at least 6 of those guys (and often all 7) in the first 7 picks off the board.Within those 7 picks, though, you're definitely getting a lot of movement.
Except for TE heavy leagues that's spot on. I had thought going in it was a top 7 with Hopkins kind of by himself at 7 but that's not how it's going.

In PPR+ TE leagues you are seeing Eifert creep into this group. In my 1.5 PPR league he went 7th, pushing Hopkins to 8 and in my 1.25 TE PPR league he went 5th and that's the league Lacy went 7th and Ball got pushed to 8th.

Adam Harstad said:
Shutout said:
menobrown said:
There seems to be a very solid consensus forming that the top 7 are Austin, Hopkins, Patterson, Bernard, Bell, Ball, and Lacy in one order or another. Looking through the rookie drafts, you're almost always seeing at least 6 of those guys (and often all 7) in the first 7 picks off the board.Within those 7 picks, though, you're definitely getting a lot of movement.
Except for TE heavy leagues that's spot on. I had thought going in it was a top 7 with Hopkins kind of by himself at 7 but that's not how it's going.

In PPR+ TE leagues you are seeing Eifert creep into this group. In my 1.5 PPR league he went 7th, pushing Hopkins to 8 and in my 1.25 TE PPR league he went 5th and that's the league Lacy went 7th and Ball got pushed to 8th.
By definition, consensus is an agreement, unanimity. Having variables to a 7th factor is not consensus. Having so many different variations 7 deep is proof that there is no consensus and it is wide open. A general consensus would be "9 out of 10 drafts are going with TRICH as the 1st pick in the draft and almost 100% going with TRICH as the 1st RB taken." We can't just keep expanding the selection ppol to try to manufacture a consensus. That would be like saying "we have a solid consensus among the 50 states that agree that they all rank in top 50, to some degree or another." This is anything but a consensus. This is "ask 100 leagues and you might get 90 different answers" and that shows strongly that there is no consensus at the top of this draft.

Adam Harstad said:
Shutout said:
menobrown said:

By definition, consensus is an agreement, unanimity. Having variables to a 7th factor is not consensus. Having so many different variations 7 deep is proof that there is no consensus and it is wide open. A general consensus would be "9 out of 10 drafts are going with TRICH as the 1st pick in the draft and almost 100% going with TRICH as the 1st RB taken." We can't just keep expanding the selection ppol to try to manufacture a consensus. That would be like saying "we have a solid consensus among the 50 states that agree that they all rank in top 50, to some degree or another." This is anything but a consensus. This is "ask 100 leagues and you might get 90 different answers" and that shows strongly that there is no consensus at the top of this draft.
That's a little to deep for me man. Can we just agree that in non TE heavy leagues the same 7 guys are going at the top in various random orders?

Wow. Really?

Adam Harstad said:
Shutout said:
menobrown said:

Wow. Really? Think we can reach a consensus on that post?

Zealots 15: Non-ppr, all tds 6 pts, IDP

Interesting start so far.

1.1 - Montee Ball

1.2 - Le'Von Bell

1.3 - Eddie Lacy

1.4 - Giovani Bernard

1.5 - Cordarrelle Patterson

1.6 - Marcus Lattimore

That last pick is brutal.
There are guys that can take Lattimore that high. Teams stacked at RB and may only have 1 pick, or no chance to get him later. With so many question marks about every single guy in the first round, I get it. Even the guy I thought was can't miss went to Cinci and now even Eiffert has a question mark. I think going Montee Ball with the first is crazy... I also think Bernard will be a 3rd down back only so him going in the first at all is nuts to me...

Adam Harstad said:
Shutout said:
menobrown said:
Except for TE heavy leagues that's spot on. I had thought going in it was a top 7 with Hopkins kind of by himself at 7 but that's not how it's going. In PPR+ TE leagues you are seeing Eifert creep into this group. In my 1.5 PPR league he went 7th, pushing Hopkins to 8 and in my 1.25 TE PPR league he went 5th and that's the league Lacy went 7th and Ball got pushed to 8th.
That's a little to deep for me man. Can we just agree that in non TE heavy leagues the same 7 guys are going at the top in various random orders?
Yeah, definitely. Got wrapped up in the minutiae. None of my drafts have kicked off yet so I'm hopped up on kook-aid while I watch all the holiday cartoons leading up to the big day. Lol

I guess I'm not as big of a believer in modern medicine as I should be.
It's not modern medicine as much as it is a totally blown out knee. I love the guy, but assuming he will be back to form even in 1 year's time is not optimism as much as it is belief in a minor miracle. The thing that I worry about the most with this injury is not the stability (which in itself is going to take alot of work), but it is the nerve regeneration in the tendons. That's what gives feedback to the muscles about what types of forces are acting on the knee (like a strain gage). Those have to regenerate. That, coupled with the basically learning to walk again and fully 'trusting' the knee...I just can't imagine he can come back without having lost a few steps and move up the depth chart. I hope I am wrong for his sake.

Regarding this topic in general...interesting to me to see Lacy jump back up into the top 3 for most non-PPR drafts. I would think if you believe he's in a time-share, then PPR or non-PPR his value is around 1.08. I also think that Monte Ball will jump up into the top 3 in non-PPR once he gets some starts in preseason.

Users who are viewing this thread