What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Your Ten Best 2012 NFL Teams (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
1. Atlanta - Only unbeaten

2. Green Bay - Better than their record, beat Houston

3. Houston - Maybe the most complete team

4. NY Giants - Eli gets it done when it matters

5. New England - Best net pts in the league

6. Denver - Improving every week

7. San Fran - Still not sold, maybe wrong again

8. Chicago - Beat a winning team and you'll get respect

9. Baltimore - Jekyl and Hyde

10. Pittsburgh - Clear step above #11

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Atlanta - Only unbeaten2. Green Bay - Better than their record, beat Houston3. Houston - Maybe the most complete team4. NY Giants - Eli gets it done when it matters5. New England - Best net pts in the league6. Denver - Improving every week7. San Fran - Still not sold, maybe wrong again8. Chicago - Beat a winning team and you'll get respect9. Baltimore - Jekyl and Hyde10. Pittsburgh - Clear step above #11
Chicago and San Fran feel too low. I would put both above Denver and New England. Both of their defenses are just plain nasty and they have enough firepower on offense to go very far in the playoffs. My rankings:1. Atlanta (Undefeated)2. Houston (Agree...most complete team)3. San Fran (Second most complete team)4. Chicago (Slightly ahead of GB but we'll how they do in the rematch. Defense is feroucious and the offense has plenty of talent).5. Green Bay (Obviously potential to be great)6. NYG (Same as GB but they also can look really bad)7. NE (Defense is still young and unproven but probably most complete offense in the league)8. Balt (Agree Jekyl and Hyde)9. Pittsburgh (Getting old but Ben is having an MVP caliber season and the offense is just deadly)10. Denver (Still not completely sold even with a great QB)

1. Houston

2. San Fran

3. NYG

4. Green Bay/NE (both very good...but also flawed...with too much ability behind center and that ability to go on a hot streak)

6. Denver

7. Atlanta (screw undefeated...this a paper championship type team as they have been in the past...fold when they get into the playoffs)

8. Chicago

9. Pitt

10. Baltimore...injuries are hurting them...tempted to put Seattle here...think they are neck and neck for this spot.

1. Atlanta - Only unbeaten2. Green Bay - Better than their record, beat Houston3. Houston - Maybe the most complete team4. NY Giants - Eli gets it done when it matters5. New England - Best net pts in the league6. Denver - Improving every week7. San Fran - Still not sold, maybe wrong again8. Chicago - Beat a winning team and you'll get respect9. Baltimore - Jekyl and Hyde10. Pittsburgh - Clear step above #11
Chicago and San Fran feel too low. I would put both above Denver and New England. Both of their defenses are just plain nasty and they have enough firepower on offense to go very far in the playoffs. My rankings:1. Atlanta (Undefeated)2. Houston (Agree...most complete team)3. San Fran (Second most complete team)4. Chicago (Slightly ahead of GB but we'll how they do in the rematch. Defense is feroucious and the offense has plenty of talent).5. Green Bay (Obviously potential to be great)6. NYG (Same as GB but they also can look really bad)7. NE (Defense is still young and unproven but probably most complete offense in the league)8. Balt (Agree Jekyl and Hyde)9. Pittsburgh (Getting old but Ben is having an MVP caliber season and the offense is just deadly)10. Denver (Still not completely sold even with a great QB)
I struggled with those two teams. Seen alot of SF this year and didn't come away impressed. Their defense has feasted on poor offenses. Any team with a good QB has hung at least 19 points on them. Just couldn't put them ahead of the Giants after that drubbing.Chicago deserves to be higher on my list based on win/loss record. I just keep matching them up against the other teams a figured who would be favored on a neutral field. They fell to 8th.

1. Atlanta - Cruising right along

2. Houston - One speed bump but otherwise domination.

3. Chicago - Their D is so nasty it makes up for the O.

4. NY Giants - Defending Champs have looked nasty at times and others they've looked dreadful. Yet they still find ways to win.

5. San Francisco - Very good Defense. Offense does enough through the ground and ball control.

6. Baltimore - Even with the key injuries, Balt will find a way to stablize it.

7. New England - Destroys Stl in London but has given away so many games this year. Look unbeatable on offense at times and unwinnable on defense.

8. Denver - Peyton's found his groove. AFC West is over.

9. Pittsburgh - Finding ugly ways to win and some ugly ways to lose.

10. Green Bay - Still look weird on offense. Some games, they're the juggernaut then the next they're hapless. Still winning though.

1. Atlanta

2. Houston

3. New York Giants

4. San Francisco

Everyone else. I don't see anyone even close to those four.

1)Atlanta-Played a complete game on the road Sunday.

2)Houston-Solid on both sides of the ball.

3)NY Giants-There the champs and look good again.

4)N.England-The Brady and Bellacheck make up for the bad defense.

5)Green Bay- Hasn't played up to full potential to often.

6)Chicago-O-line theonly thing holding them back from being elite.

7)Denver-Showing improvement in all phases of the game and survived brutal early season schedule.

8)S.Francisco-Qb consistancy still the biggest issue.

9)Pittsburgh-I think they are underrated for once. Passing offense looked great and their D did a great job against RG3

10)Baltimore-Looked awful the last couple of weeks. They get #10 out of default because of past success.

1. Atlanta2. Houston3. New York Giants4. San Francisco......Everyone else. I don't see anyone even close to those four.
Guess I don't really get this. Green Bay went into Houston and blew them away on national TV. Have the Packers been consistent enough? No. But most everybody that watched the SEA/GB game will tell you the Packers should be 6-2 as well. Calling them not close to the 6-2 Giants, 6-2 NIners and a Houston team they already beat?

I feel like San Fran is getting way more love in here than they should and Chicago is not receiving enough love. Chicago's D is lights out right now and they have a better offense than San Fran, in my homer opinion.

1. New England(They are the best team in my eyes. Their offensive prowess put them in the #1 spot)

2. NY Giants(Eli has proven his worth)

3. Chicago(Cutler is suspect, but the defense is playing great)

4. Houston(Well coached team that has gobbled up weak competition.)

5. San Francisco(Limited offense holds them back)

6. Atlanta(Well coached team that doesn't hurt itself, but in the end, the defense is not quite strong enough)

7. Pittsburgh(Also has some defensive issues, but Ben is playing lights out.)

8. Denver(Peyton Manning)

9. Green Bay(Something not quite right)

10.Detroit(Tough to pick #10, but got to go with the Lions. Special teams lapses led to two of their losses. No shame in losing to San Francisco and Chicago on the road. The offense has sputtered some. Combined with the losses, they are very underrated.)

I feel like San Fran is getting way more love in here than they should and Chicago is not receiving enough love. Chicago's D is lights out right now and they have a better offense than San Fran, in my homer opinion.
San Fran's D is simply that much better.Chicago's D has looked great...but look at their schedule thus far too. That is not a who's who of high powered offenses.

Have the Packers been consistent enough? No.
That's the key...the Texans, 49ers, Giants and arguably the "over-rated" undefeated Falcons have been insanely consistent to start the year.I would argue that the Packers have had one game this season where they "put it all together"...against the Texans. And that was Houston's worst performance of the year.Using one head-to-head matchup is not a good barometer for how a team stacks up against another team. If that were the case, the Indianapolis Colts should be on the list ahead of Green Bay. You have to look at HOW Green Bay won its other games this season as well...St. Louis, Jacksonville, New Orleans...you can't say that those games give you confidence in Green Bay's ability to put away opponents.Now...if you look at the next tier, I think Green Bay, Chicago, New England...they are all there. I wouldn't put money on any of them to make the Superbowl this year, however...the top four I listed are hands down favorites at this point in time to take the Lombardi trophy home, IMO.

1. New England

2. Atlanta

3. San Francisco

4. Houston

5. Green Bay

6. Denver

7. Chicago

8. NY Giants

9. Baltimore

10. Pittsburgh

1. Atlanta2. Houston3. New York Giants4. San Francisco......Everyone else. I don't see anyone even close to those four.
Guess I don't really get this. Green Bay went into Houston and blew them away on national TV. Have the Packers been consistent enough? No. But most everybody that watched the SEA/GB game will tell you the Packers should be 6-2 as well. Calling them not close to the 6-2 Giants, 6-2 NIners and a Houston team they already beat?
Pumping up the team you cheer for isn't a good practice...too much bias.GB did go into Houston and dominated. But i'd argue that's the only game they looked anything like last year. They didn't look great vs SF, Cutler and a fake FG are why they beat CHI, LOST to Seattle(accept it, the game was bigger than 1 play), beat a bad Saints team by 1 at home, lost to the Colts(really), beat a below average Rams team by 10, they even limped past one of the worst teams in the league this year without their superstar RB MJD. If you want to make a case to be one of the top 5 teams in the league, they should play like it more consistently and crush poor teams by more points.Moving forward the Packers have tons of injuries: Charles Woodson out 5-7 more weeks, lost two ILB Desmond Bishop/DJ Smith, Mike Neal/Jerel Worthy/BJ Raji have been banged up on the DL, Sam Shields out at CB, Greg Jennings out until the end of the season(maybe, remember how he looked in the playoff game), Jordy Nelson nursing a hamstring, Cedric Benson. Doesn't usually equal success when teams lose key players for long periods of time.GB is 10th in PPG and 12th in PPG against, doesn't look like a top tier team.

That's the key...the Texans, 49ers, Giants and arguably the "over-rated" undefeated Falcons have been insanely consistent to start the year.I would argue that the Packers have had one game this season where they "put it all together"...against the Texans. And that was Houston's worst performance of the year.Using one head-to-head matchup is not a good barometer for how a team stacks up against another team. If that were the case, the Indianapolis Colts should be on the list ahead of Green Bay. You have to look at HOW Green Bay won its other games this season as well...St. Louis, Jacksonville, New Orleans...you can't say that those games give you confidence in Green Bay's ability to put away opponents.Now...if you look at the next tier, I think Green Bay, Chicago, New England...they are all there. I wouldn't put money on any of them to make the Superbowl this year, however...the top four I listed are hands down favorites at this point in time to take the Lombardi trophy home, IMO.
:goodposting: If GB/CHI/NE become more consistent they can enter the conversation, but they're too much of a roller-coaster at this point.

1- atlanta - those doubting them havent been watching

2- houston

3- chicago

4- new england

5- NYG

6- Balt

7- SF

8- GB

9- denver

pittsburgh isnt any good so Im not putting them 10th

gb beats hou 42-24, and in your imagination the equivalent game is a .500 team scoring with 30 seconds left on the clock to beat gb by 3. :rolleyes: you must be a trolling bears fan.what happened to the shark pool?

1, NYG - they know how to win

2, NE - only Eli owns Tom

3, ATL

4, GB - defense holds them from being #1

5, Hou - not overly impressed

6, Chi

7, Pitts - getting some players back, waiting on Troy P

8, Den

9, Balt - too many losses on D

10, Sea - IDK why

People are talking about SF's offense as a liability, but they are the #1 rushing team right now. That, along with their light's out defense is a deadly combination. I think they deserve a top 5 ranking. Whoever said the Bear's offense has been better than SF is wrong.

This isn't a personal ranking, just how they stack up using the PythagoreanTheorem for Football.

PF^2.377/((PF^2.37)+(PA^2.37))

Overall, it looks pretty close to me. Tampa's inclusion is the biggest surprise.

1. CHI

2. SF

3. HOU

4. ATL

5. NE

6. NYG

7. DEN

8. GB

9. TB

10. MIA

I'm not getting the Baltimore love at all. They're my son's favorite team, so I watch them pretty often, and I just see it. Their Defense is decimated by injuries and their Offense just isn't that good.

I'll put up my top ten shortly, but the top five would be Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, SF and Denver (in no particular order). Next tier would include NE, GB, NYG, Seattle and Pittsburgh (again, in no particular order).

'Ministry of Pain said:
Miami is 2 FGs from being 6-1...not on anyone's list because no one watches them.
I had them as my most underrated team heading into this year. I said they are the team most likely to make playoffs that no one sees coming.Most overrated team so far is Denver. They are 4 and 3, and have not beaten a good team yet.

after the first 11 that gave a top 10. Teams not listed in the top 10, were given 12 points. A clear consensus on the top 10 teams.

atl 31

hou 33

nyg 43

ne 44

chi 58

sf 60

gb 62

den 83

pit 99

bal 101

tb 129

det 130

sea 130

mia 130

'Ministry of Pain said:
Miami is 2 FGs from being 6-1...not on anyone's list because no one watches them.
The Panthers have blown leads late in their last 4 games and could easily be 5-2.The reason Miami isn't on anyone's list is because they have a rookie QB. Their wins have been against Oakland, NYJ (split the series), Cinny, and Arizona. Cinny was the only real good win. Do you think Miami would be favored at a neutral site against 22 other NFL teams?

'Ministry of Pain said:
Miami is 2 1 FGs from being 6-1 3-4...not on anyone's list because no one watches them they shouldn't be.
fixedps

they lost to arizona

Users who are viewing this thread