What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Priest and LJ to split carries? (1 Viewer)

This was already discussed a few weeks ago.  Holmes will get the bulk of the carries (20 to 25) and LJ will get 8 to 10.  Even if it is 50/50, Holmes will still get the paydirt carries.

Nothing to see here.  Move along.....
Yep. Keep telling yourself that...
Usual 5 digit member response
Bump
Hey five digit....Why bump this? I was right in my analysis. LJ got 9 carries and Holmes got 22. You bumping this shows EXACTLY how much a five digit member knows.

:no:

Put a sock in it and stay on topic, four-digiter.
Dont think Ive seen anything weirder on these boards than somebody trashing somebody for having joined later. So weird....and ####

This was already discussed a few weeks ago.  Holmes will get the bulk of the carries (20 to 25) and LJ will get 8 to 10.  Even if it is 50/50, Holmes will still get the paydirt carries.

Yep. Keep telling yourself that...
Usual 5 digit member response
Bump
Hey five digit....Why bump this? I was right in my analysis. LJ got 9 carries and Holmes got 22. You bumping this shows EXACTLY how much a five digit member knows.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Bristol = :rant:

Put a sock in it and stay on topic, four-digiter.
Dont think Ive seen anything weirder on these boards than somebody trashing somebody for having joined later. So weird....and ####
Get used to it. Some people really get into that stuff.But back on topic: As a Priest owner, I am HATING what I say today. The scary part is that I suspect we'll see plenty more days where LJ has more TDs and better yardage than Priest.

This was already discussed a few weeks ago. Holmes will get the bulk of the carries (20 to 25) and LJ will get 8 to 10. Even if it is 50/50, Holmes will still get the paydirt carries.

Nothing to see here. Move along.....
TD Larry Johnson, 4 Yd run (Lawrence Tynes kick is good), 14:56. Drive: 7 plays, 66 yards in 2:57. Bristol-Pretty lame you keep referring to my member #.

You mentioned Holmes will still get the paydirt carries. Looks like LJ ran one in from 4 yards. Now I know I am just some dumb '5 digiter' but that sure looks like a "paydirt carry" that Priest didn't get. Last season Priest gets that TD no question.

Not to mention LJ was more productive than Priest today. Would it really surprise anyone if this ended up very close to 50/50 split?

TD Larry Johnson, 4 Yd run (Lawrence Tynes kick is good), 14:56. Drive: 7 plays, 66 yards in 2:57. Bristol-Pretty lame you keep referring to my member #.

You mentioned Holmes will still get the paydirt carries. Looks like LJ ran one in from 4 yards. Now I know I am just some dumb '5 digiter' but that sure looks like a "paydirt carry" that Priest didn't get. Last season Priest gets that TD no question.
Bristol = :own3d: (for wk 1 at least)

WRONG!!! Numnuts failed to mention that when LJ scored the TD, he played the whole series. It was not like LJ came in and took the TD away from Holmes. KC played the way that i expected them to. LJ got his 9 carries (like I said) and Holmes got his 22 carries (like I said alomg with a PAYDIRT TD).More like LivingtheDream and gman8343 = :own3d:

WRONG!!! Numnuts failed to mention that when LJ scored the TD, he played the whole series. It was not like LJ came in and took the TD away from Holmes. KC played the way that i expected them to. LJ got his 9 carries (like I said) and Holmes got his 22 carries (like I said alomg with a PAYDIRT TD).More like LivingtheDream and gman8343 = :own3d:
:goodposting: They must be LJ owners. If one watched the game, one would have seen Priest as the FEATURE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!and I'm an LJ owner in one of the leagues I'm in. Face it people.... there are going to be weeks where LJ runs wild on his 9 carries.... just like there will be days he puts 9 for 30 numbers. Holmes will be the paydirt back for this year...

Last edited by a moderator:

:lmao: Nice try, guy. :thumbup:

:own3d:

Bristol...play nice. Why is a 3 digit member acting like a 10 digit member? Don't make us bump all your old archived threads...I am sure we could have a field day with them.

Its only a matter of time before the Vermeil and the Chiefs realize that LJ>Holmes. My guess is by mid-season, Priest is the one getting the 30%.

This was already discussed a few weeks ago. Holmes will get the bulk of the carries (20 to 25) and LJ will get 8 to 10. Even if it is 50/50, Holmes will still get the paydirt carries.

Nothing to see here. Move along.....

Bristol...play nice. Why is a 3 digit member acting like a 10 digit member? Don't make us bump all your old archived threads...I am sure we could have a field day with them.
Wait........Is this the same goofball from last year that was trashing Holt?

Trashed Holt? I have always like Holt...I might have ripped him up after that Miami fiasco last season...but I don't even know if I did that. Holt had a total of 3 TD on the road last season. He had some horrible games outside on the road...but today sure wasn't one of them was it?

Gotta love Briss. Been a while since I kicked his can around this site. Pretty typical though. Briss looks at the carries and says, "see, I was right. Priest would get 70% of the carries. I'm a FFB genius."The reality is that the carries are one thing and the production is quite another. In a standard scoring league Priest accounted for 36% of the Fantasy Production between he and LJ.

Maybe Briss plays in a carry only league where yards and TD's don't factor into the scoring system, only carries!?!?! :crazy:

:rolleyes: As I can with yours. How's that "weekly webcast" going BTW? Guess not too well since you no longer pimp it on this board. Why is that? Because no one cares. As you told me a couple of days ago, if you don't like what I have to say, put me on your ignore list.

Why yes, yes it is......

I own both Priest & LJ in a redraft and I am concerned with what I saw today - and frankly I'm surprised.That being said Priest outscored LT, SA, and unless James scores a TD in the 4th quarter he will outscore him too.90 total yards and a TD is not a bad game even for a high 1st round pick.

Numnuts?? Let me write that one down...Yea, LJ played the whole series. That's the point. It's not like Priest broke a long run and LJ came in because he was winded.. Last season if the Chiefs were in the red zone, you could sure as hell count on Priest being in the game. If Blaylock or LJ was spelling him (very rare ocurrence), Priest would come in when it was redzone time.

Priest's ppg value is definitely hurt by LJ's presence. He will miss out on several TDs (including paydirt) because LJ will be in the game. It's pretty simple actually.

On the other hand, LJ should help keep Priest fresher and lessen the likelihood of injury.I'd still like to have Priest on my teams. You're not gonna find a much better fantasy player, but he is not same fantasy force as he once was.

:rolleyes: As I can with yours. How's that "weekly webcast" going BTW? Guess not too well since you no longer pimp it on this board. Why is that? Because no one cares. As you told me a couple of days ago, if you don't like what I have to say, put me on your ignore list.
News alert to Bristol: You are not allowed to pimp other sites when your a guest in someone's house. You're going to be taking a vacation soon so :bye:

Trashed Holt? I have always like Holt...I might have ripped him up after that Miami fiasco last season...but I don't even know if I did that. Holt had a total of 3 TD on the road last season. He had some horrible games outside on the road...but today sure wasn't one of them was it?
Ha...I meant Bristol

Gotta love Briss. Been a while since I kicked his can around this site. Pretty typical though. Briss looks at the carries and says, "see, I was right. Priest would get 70% of the carries. I'm a FFB genius."The reality is that the carries are one thing and the production is quite another. In a standard scoring league Priest accounted for 36% of the Fantasy Production between he and LJ.

Maybe Briss plays in a carry only league where yards and TD's don't factor into the scoring system, only carries!?!?! :crazy:
Not correct at all. Livingthedream felt it was necessary to bump a post of mine AFTER the KC game this week. BEFORE the game, I said that Holmes would get 20 to 25 carries and LJ would get 8 to 10 carries (which I was right). I never said anything about yardage. While I agree with you that LJ had better numbers, you still need the opportunity to put up those numbers. The distribution today shows that Vermeil still favors Holmes as his lead back. Will Lj put up better numbers every week? Not if he only gets 8 to 10 carries. I did state that Holmes would get the TD runs. Did LJ come in and take any goaline runs away from Holmes while Holmes was in his regular rotation? No! LJ scored on a 35 yard TD while Holmes was taking a breather fater his 35 yard run the play before and then LJ scores on a 4 yard TD during a series where he played the WHOLE series.I am not dismissing the numbers that LJ put up, but for these idiots to bump a thread and try to discredit what I said is wrong.

Numnuts?? Let me write that one down...Yea, LJ played the whole series. That's the point. It's not like Priest broke a long run and LJ came in because he was winded.. Last season if the Chiefs were in the red zone, you could sure as hell count on Priest being in the game. If Blaylock or LJ was spelling him (very rare ocurrence), Priest would come in when it was redzone time.

Priest's ppg value is definitely hurt by LJ's presence. He will miss out on several TDs (including paydirt) because LJ will be in the game. It's pretty simple actually.

On the other hand, LJ should help keep Priest fresher and lessen the likelihood of injury.I'd still like to have Priest on my teams. You're not gonna find a much better fantasy player, but he is not same fantasy force as he once was.
Now I agree with that. You assement is correct. And like I said, LJ will get 8 to 10 carries per game. What he makes of those is up to him. Either way, Holmes will be the better back this year because he will more opportunity with the additional carries. Just because Holmes' PPG will suffer a bit, I don't think it will suffer enough to drop him from the top 5 RB's.

Priest's #'s opening day '04 (vs. Denver)26 carries 151 yds, 3 TDsOther rushers:Tony Richardson 1 carry, 13 ydsPriest's #'s opening day '05 (vs. NYJ)22 carries, 85 yds, 1 TDOther rushers:Larry Johnson 9 rushes, 110 yds, 2 TDs

Why yes, yes it is......
That was 2 years ago and I still stand behind those thoughts. I am sure Marc Levin (aka smlevin) knows what I'm talking about....

Priest's #'s opening day '04 (vs. Denver)

26 carries 151 yds, 3 TDs

Other rushers:

Tony Richardson 1 carry, 13 yds

Priest's #'s opening day '05 (vs. NYJ)

22 carries, 85 yds, 1 TD

Other rushers:

Larry Johnson 9 rushes, 110 yds, 2 TDs
Where in my statement before the game did I question numbers? I stated what I thought the carries distribution would be (which was correct). stop trying to put words in my mouth. I'm happy either way because I have both of them. Your arguement has no merit and is not justified.

Other rushers:

22 carries, 85 yds, 1 TD

Other rushers:

Where in my statement before the game did I question numbers? I stated what I thought the carries distribution would be (which was correct). stop trying to put words in my mouth. I'm happy either way because I have both of them. Your arguement has no merit and is not justified.
My argument isn't that Priest Holmes won't be a viable #1 RB, my argument is that LJ will cut into his numbers enough to keep him from being as dominant as he has been in years past. Seems like it's already happening big time, but the season is young...

All I have to say is that while I didn't draft Priest (took Peyton) I did get LJ in the 5th and couldn't be happier. Watched the game today and to be honest, while both were good, I believe I saw Priest get tackled behind the line more than LJ in fact I clearly remember Priest getting negative or non positive yards on a few carries while I can't think of one for LJ. I have to say that while I was never high on Penn State RB as a whole and thought LJ could have been a bust, I REALLY was impressed with LJ and since preseason strongly felt that given that KC staff thinks LJ is a legit top 10 RB, there was no way they were not going to let him sit or only give him a small amount of carries.

Other rushers:

22 carries, 85 yds, 1 TD

Other rushers:

My argument isn't that Priest Holmes won't be a viable #1 RB, my argument is that LJ will cut into his numbers enough to keep him from being as dominant as he has been in years past. Seems like it's already happening big time, but the season is young...
Where di I ever question that? I only stated what I thought the carry distribution would be and you guys jumped my ####.

LJ owners have got to love this:rotoworldChiefs coach **** Vermeil plans to play Larry Johnson one series out of every three.That's the plan Vermeil stuck to, except for a few plays where Priest needed a rest. LJ took one of those plays 35 yards for a TD. Johnson may earn more playing time eventually, but he's quite valuable already. Sep. 12 - 12:00 am etSource: KCChiefs.com

Other rushers:

22 carries, 85 yds, 1 TD

Other rushers:

Where di I ever question that? I only stated what I thought the carry distribution would be and you guys jumped my ####.
I didn't jump on you for that, but the phrase "nothing to see here" to me implies there is nothing new about his situation, when LJ is potentially a serious threat to the Padre -- I don't think he steals the job outright, but as we saw today he's just too good to keep off the field entirely, and even with 10 carries or so he could take enough scores to keep Holmes from being nearly as good as his owners expect him to be. If you had Priest would you be satisfied with what transpired today?

priest and LJ owner. the big question is for people who own priest and LJ is who do we start both them over at RB? until this situation pans out.I am guessing everyone would agree you still start Priest over LJ cause he is gettting more touches. But who do you start LJ over in week 2 along with starting Priest.This is the question we need answered

The best part about this whole thing is that some of us have been saying since the conclusion of last season that there is no way in hell Larry Johnson stays off the field this year. He is just too good. He proved it again today. Every time he touches the ball he makes things happen. It's almost an automatic first down, with the potential to break a long one at any moment. Priest owners have refused to accept this. People still picked Priest too early in leagues. Until he gets hurt (not if), Priest will still continue to put up nice numbers. However, LJ will eat into them. Not just between the 20s. Not just in garbage time. In real time on real possessions at all points on the field. He will take away yards, catches, and TDs. LJ is just more dangerous than Priest right now, and Vermiel knows it.I'm unsurprised to see Priest get more touches, and I'm, unsurprised to see LJ not only put up a great game but also a better game the Priest. This will happen often.I've said in countless threads that LJ is the shark target of the offseason. I've stuck with that throughout. I've drafted him as early as the 2nd round in PPR dynasty start-ups. I've paid as much as $15 for him in a $100 auction start up (I was laughed at, just after I was laughed at paying for Willie Parker, and I started both guys in that league this week). LJ is that good. He is the one guy I see out there who has the potential to be the next dominant fantasy back. He is the perfect combination of ability and situation. Please excuse me, I'm going to go somewhere else and continue to gloat.

The best part about this whole thing is that some of us have been saying since the conclusion of last season that there is no way in hell Larry Johnson stays off the field this year. He is just too good. He proved it again today. Every time he touches the ball he makes things happen. It's almost an automatic first down, with the potential to break a long one at any moment.

Priest owners have refused to accept this. People still picked Priest too early in leagues. Until he gets hurt (not if), Priest will still continue to put up nice numbers. However, LJ will eat into them. Not just between the 20s. Not just in garbage time. In real time on real possessions at all points on the field. He will take away yards, catches, and TDs.

LJ is just more dangerous than Priest right now, and Vermiel knows it.

I'm unsurprised to see Priest get more touches, and I'm, unsurprised to see LJ not only put up a great game but also a better game the Priest. This will happen often.

I've said in countless threads that LJ is the shark target of the offseason. I've stuck with that throughout. I've drafted him as early as the 2nd round in PPR dynasty start-ups. I've paid as much as $15 for him in a $100 auction start up (I was laughed at, just after I was laughed at paying for Willie Parker, and I started both guys in that league this week). LJ is that good. He is the one guy I see out there who has the potential to be the next dominant fantasy back. He is the perfect combination of ability and situation.

Please excuse me, I'm going to go somewhere else and continue to gloat.
Totally agree, Otis.All of the Priest owners should be biting their nails right now. They spent a first round pick on Holmes, and they either 1) used a 4th to 6th round pick to handcuff Larry Johnson to him (where they will either have to start both or face the maddening decision of whom to start each week); or 2) got beat to the punch on the Johnson handcuff, and now have to watch and suffer as a post-4th round pick may equal the production of their coveted first round pick.

It's very satisfying to be an owner with Larry Johnson ONLY right now, instead of owning only Priest, or Johnson AND Priest.

ummmm Priest got 22 carries to LJ's 9. You can't count on LJ scoring a td every week with under 10 carries
Actually, you almost can.In every game last year where he had more than 1 carry except for one, LJ scored a TD. The one game where he didn't score he only had 10 carries. However, he scored a TD in another 10 carry performance. Oh, and 2 TDs in a 7 carry performance.

The kid is Priest but better. Book it.

ummmm Priest got 22 carries to LJ's 9. You can't count on LJ scoring a td every week with under 10 carries
Actually, you almost can.In every game last year where he had more than 1 carry except for one, LJ scored a TD. The one game where he didn't score he only had 10 carries. However, he scored a TD in another 10 carry performance. Oh, and 2 TDs in a 7 carry performance.

I thought LJ looked strong but not better than Priest. I don't see LJ able to score on the TD that Priest took in where there wasn't a huge hole and the RB had to do more than just lower his shoulder to go into the endzone. I have Priest and LJ but I think I will give it at least another game before I start putting LJ in and putting Tiki on my bench.

I thought LJ looked strong but not better than Priest. I don't see LJ able to score on the TD that Priest took in where there wasn't a huge hole and the RB had to do more than just lower his shoulder to go into the endzone. I have Priest and LJ but I think I will give it at least another game before I start putting LJ in and putting Tiki on my bench.
Tiki had 122 combined yards and a TD. Is that worthy of being benched?

Tiki had 122 combined yards and a TD. Is that worthy of being benched?
Sorry man, I was being a little sarcastic there. Course if LJ keeps getting 100+ yards and 2 TDs on 9 carries I will be forced to do it. :lmao:

Strongly thinking that next week with Caddy facing Buffalo, that LJ makes a whole lot of sence vs. Oakland. However, I will monitor the injury Roaf suffered this week.

As a Priest and LJ owner, I am very tempted to start both in a my start 2 RB league. Nah, I wouldn't have the nerve to do that with all my other RB's. I might just have to try and trade some. NOT!

My thought is to possibly trade Priest in situations where I have have LJ. Although, the other owner would probably want the package?!

Good stats....and I'm not worried cuz i have both in a keeper league and as long as priest gets 20+ touches a game he'll be fine. I also feel that the Jets were so inept on offense with all the fumbles that the Chiefs didn't have the opportunity to rack up as many yards as they normally have.

My thought is to possibly trade Priest in situations where I have have LJ. Although, the other owner would probably want the package?!
What would you expect in return? Manning? I'm thinking of trading both in my keeper league, so I don't have to use 2 keeper slots at the end of the year, but I can't see anyone giving me good enough value.

Users who are viewing this thread