What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Priest Holmes (1 Viewer)

Priest: Hey - you like apples?Gocats: Uh yeah, sure.Priest: HOW YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?!?Nice post man, really.Every time you write him off the Rev will prove you wrong. It's just not wise.

Too bad that guy gocats didn't have him active in his lineup. He said Priest is a sucky, washed up old, injury prone player in a dumb coach's offensive scheme.
I played him in the FFTOC this week. :D

Too bad that guy gocats didn't have him active in his lineup. He said Priest is a sucky, washed up old, injury prone player in a dumb coach's offensive scheme.
He dropped him at halftime :excited:

I played him in the FFTOC this week. :D
uh oh.....forgot to enter my lineup!

friday game threw me off..

Gocats, confession is over, you are forgiven your sins. Go do your pennance...say 5 Our Fathers and 5 Hail Mary's. And then go see Sister Mary Ligouri. She has to wrap your knuckles with a ruler.

You clowns, GoCats was obviously trying to reverse gooch Priest and it's totally worked. Now if he would just reverse gooch someone on my squad.... :D

FWIW, Priest is averaging 9 yards per carry today.
Can't top double digits per carry. I screwed up my 3rd pick overall. He is not worth a 3rd round pick.
:lmao: Do you not realize that his TD prowess guarantees him top5 RB? :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, Priest is averaging 9 yards per carry today.
Can't top double digits per carry. I screwed up my 3rd pick overall. He is not worth a 3rd round pick.
:lmao: Do you not realize that his TD prowess guarantees him top5 RB?
I was ironic. Read my previous posts in this thread.Did you really think I was expecting him double digits per carry?

Needless to say gocats can delude himself for another week in thinking that he blew his first pick on Priest Holmes only to be ecstatically slapped straight when Priest scores more points in 2 quarters than some RB's do in 2 weeks. What a rush.

2-10-MIA 34 (14:54) L.Johnson left end to MIA 40 for -6 yards (J.Taylor). maybe it is Johnson who sucks! lol

Dont whine til after the game is over..Valuable lesson.
one reason why we habitually and arbitrarily close a lot of threads on Sunday that discuss things that shoudl be included in the game threads is brainless venting threads like this one - this thread wouldn't have had a single reply before being closed if it was Sunday.

I'm no genious ;) , but I'm thinkin' that 2 TDs and 73 yards rushing is okay in my book! I'm just happy that I didn't draft Duece McAllister or Javon Walker in the first two rounds!If Priest is the suckiest player on your team, you must be playing in a league of your own! :11:

FF RB3 (edge) has averaged 20fpts so far (per game) this year.Priest has hit that mark tonightBUM 1st round pick! :sarcasm:

I'm guessing that gocats was:1. Trying to anti-jinx Priest into a good gameor2. Fishing (which worked very well)

NEVER have I seen such an obvious you-know-what go without one of these: :fishing: You guys just in an arguing mood tonight? :confused: Boot. :popcorn:

He's a bumb....3rd and 1 and he gets -2.  Stick a fork in him.
What's a bumb? I knew this was a nice fishing hole when I cast my line on the first page but wow, gocats! You're gonna need a bigger boat! :excited:

2 Tuddies is pretty nice...

I think Priest owners are just pissed that he's basically in a RBBC situation.
Yup, but after a 22 point day, I'm not really complaining. I drafted him at 1.06.You see, he does this every week. Starts out slow, we see LJ, and panic. Then, he gets his 15-20 points, but everybody concentrates on everything *but* his performance.

I'll take my points and run, thank you. And, with LJ as a handcuff, I don't have to worry about my 20 points going *anywhere*.

I'm happy with my Priest.

Especially nice to see Holmes produce given the SoS had KC with the 5th or 6th toughest matchup this week. Of course, Wimer listed it as a good matchup for KC. Interesting that the SoS would be so low...

Especially nice to see Holmes produce given the SoS had KC with the 5th or 6th toughest matchup this week. Of course, Wimer listed it as a good matchup for KC. Interesting that the SoS would be so low...
Well, Wimer compares the actual running game to the defense to make his comparisons.SOS just ranks the run defense. So, KC's great offensive line/RBs aren't figured into SOS.

That's the difference.

But I'm much more impressed with Priest after this week than after his one catch last week.

This thread has been exorcised.
it's exercised, jeenyus
Actually I meant exorcised as in the priest exorcised the deamons in this thread.The priest performed an exorcism. I am rather certain exorcised is proper use. For it means to expel an evil spirit.

It was a play on his name and the obvious demonizing of his FF status in this thread.

This thread has been exorcised.
it's exercised, jeenyus
Actually I meant exorcised as in the priest exorcised the deamons in this thread.The priest performed an exorcism. I am rather certain exorcised is proper use. For it means to expel an evil spirit.

It was a play on his name and the obvious demonizing of his FF status in this thread.
"deamons"? This thread has me all over the place. Is it all sarcasm and irony? Is it all really real? Am I really Tyler Durden?

I took it (the entire thread) as complete sarcasm on gocat's premature byatching the Priest was a worthless waste of a first round draft pick.Gocat could have been serious, but I think even he would have to laugh at himself at how sill he looks to be whining about Priest being a wasted pick.Bottom line: I took the thread as a parody to gocat's initial post that Priest Sucks.

FF RB3 (edge) has averaged 20fpts so far (per game) this year.

Priest has hit that mark tonight

BUM 1st round pick! :sarcasm:
Add to that....as of right now, Priest is the #4 RB in my league playing an equivalent number of games to LT2, SA, Edge, Willis, SJax, and S. Davis. The others in the top ten are TJ, Lamont and Westy, whose production is still over the course of 5 games. The one player with a reasonable chance to pass by Priest after this week is TJ, based on the fact that he's the one back within 20 FFPs of him (12, but he is playing Balt.)My point being, Priest is still a top five RB, even with the 60/40 split in carries. That's amazing to me. Those of us who drafted him at #3 may have missed a bit with Edge, but really, how far off are we? As of this posting, I would still feel more comfortable with the Priest/LJ combo than I would with Edge.

FF RB3 (edge) has averaged 20fpts so far (per game) this year.

Priest has hit that mark tonight

BUM 1st round pick! :sarcasm:
Add to that....as of right now, Priest is the #4 RB in my league playing an equivalent number of games to LT2, SA, Edge, Willis, SJax, and S. Davis. The others in the top ten are TJ, Lamont and Westy, whose production is still over the course of 5 games. The one player with a reasonable chance to pass by Priest after this week is TJ, based on the fact that he's the one back within 20 FFPs of him (12, but he is playing Balt.)My point being, Priest is still a top five RB, even with the 60/40 split in carries. That's amazing to me. Those of us who drafted him at #3 may have missed a bit with Edge, but really, how far off are we? As of this posting, I would still feel more comfortable with the Priest/LJ combo than I would with Edge.
Geez, did I really say that?....OK, do over.

Awesome numbers today guys, I'm glad you enjoy your glorified Ant. Smith, he's washed up just as bad as Smith, atleast Smith doesnt take the season off after every hang nail

Awesome numbers today guys, I'm glad you enjoy your glorified Ant. Smith, he's washed up just as bad as Smith, atleast Smith doesnt take the season off after every hang nail
:fishing: I want you to take that hit, and see if you ever wake up.

Users who are viewing this thread