What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Private Antsports Mock 14-team (2 Viewers)

Spankster goes with Stephen Davis at 2.8 (22), and thus quietly slips out of the gate with a pair of very solid RBs (Priest, too).
Spankster here if you hadn't figure it out.Was very shocked to see Priest slip to me at #7. I understand the concern & all, but wow. I saw that and ;)

Green is a great pick at 2.09."21 out of the top 26 selections are RB." ;) Isn't this taking the RB theory too far?
Thanks Andy. I really like him at this spot. 21 out of 26. Whew! I feel a couple of these picks have been reaches, but I don't think I reached for mine. At this rate,there won't be anything left in the 4th!

"21 out of the top 26 selections are RB." ;) Isn't this taking the RB theory too far?
I think that's a direct result of the league size. Nobody wants to be the one who winds up with Emmit as their #2.I've never been in a 14-team league (or even a mock), so I'm flying blind. I do know that you guys who want to be on the ends (with 26 spots between picks) are braver than I am.

"21 out of the top 26 selections are RB." ;) Isn't this taking the RB theory too far?
I don't think so.14 teams really seems to alter the dynamic of the draft. There will be 28 starting backs as opposed to 24, and it seems like 24 is about where the safe RB picks end and the committees and question marks begin. There aren't going to be enough good backs for everyone to have 2, and no one wants to be left without.

dparker713=felonsI was hoping some WRs or QBs would be gone and let a quality back fall to me at the end of the 2nd to pair with LT. Now I need to decide if I want to take a chance on waiting until the 4th to select my 2nd starting RB or trying to shore up the core by reaching at this point for one of the few remaining starting backs.

2.13 I'd Rather Be Golfing McNabb, Donovan QB PHI 2.14 Felons Ward, Hines WR PIT 3.01 Felons Moulds, Eric WR BUF3.02 I'd Rather Be Golfing Burress, Plaxico WR PIT

Last edited by a moderator:
So here's what we've got so far:

Felons

RB LaDainian Tomlinson

WR Hines Ward

WR Eric Moulds

I'd Rather Be Golfing

QB Donovan McNabb

RB Ricky L. Williams

WR Plaxico Burress

Swarm

RB Deuce McAllister

RB Duce Staley

Tom

RB Clinton Portis

RB Eddie George

East Bay Funk

QB Michael Vick

RB Shaun Alexander

Griswold

RB Marshall Faulk

RB William Green

Spankster

RB Priest Holmes

RB Stephen Davis

No Blowholes

RB Curtis Martin

WR Marvin Harrison

Operation Shutdown

RB Ahman Green

RB Michael Bennett

Spartans Rule

RB Travis Henry

RB Charlie Garner

Minneapolis Millionaires

RB Jamal L. Lewis

WR Terrell Owens

1RQB

QB Peyton Manning

WR Randy Moss

Minich

RB Edgerrin James

RB Corey Dillon

Blackened Voodoo

RB Fred Taylor

RB Tiki Barber

Edited to reflect draft order.

Interesting to see the first two teams in round three pass on taking an RB2. Probably assuming that the rest of us won't reach for a third back in the next two rounds. Could be a safe bet.

I like to get quality back as much as the next guy, I just dont think there are any quality backs left on the board. My picks were a calculated risk as I picked up 2 WR that were top 5 last year and the back that I get at the turn will likely be a marginal starter at best. In a league that doesnt give a point per reception, I probably would have reached for a back.

I like to get quality back as much as the next guy, I just dont think there are any quality backs left on the board. My picks were a calculated risk as I picked up 2 WR that were top 5 last year and the back that I get at the turn will likely be a marginal starter at best. In a league that doesnt give a point per reception, I probably would have reached for a back.
You did quite well.

3.03 Swarm Canidate, Trung RB WAS 3.04 Tom Thomas, Anthony J. RB CHI3.05 East Bay Funk K. Robinson WR SEA

It looks like I'll be relying on the Seahawks this year. There weren't any RBs worth taking at 3.05 so I took a WR with a huge upside. It'll be interesting to see how I address my RB situation, but I think Vick and Koren each have legitimate chances to be in the top 5 at their positions. Alexander is a solid RB.

Duante Culpepper would be a difference-maker in a league this size with the scoring the way it is. He makes up for a lot of deficiencies in your RB positions with his ability to run it in and you're not penalized all that much for his turnovers.Great, great pick at that spot. I hate you Gris.

1RQB here...Hey guys sorry for my initial delay...didn't realize we'd started. No more probs, I assure you (aside from my appalling lack of RBs)

well i'm back. wish i hadn't predrafted r3, but i wanted to make sure i didn't hold things up.was surprised anthony thomas was there in r3. i only preranked rbs for that pick, but would have liked to have maybe gone somewhere else, but i really want to see what kind of team rb-rb-rb yields in a 14-teamer.in my actual league, these picks would represent much better RBs, as i'm sure the big 3 qbs will be gone by this spot in the draft as well as more WRs, so i very well could be looking at tiki in R2 (no love in my league) and i would bet stephen davis in R3, if not better.was really hoping to get willy green in r2, oh well. eddie george is no slouch as a rb2, esp. with a rookie rb that could potentially be decent if he goes down.boy, whoever the guy was who went wr-qb is gonna be hurtin. :boxing:

Sometimes you're a victim of your draft position and that's all there is to it. I was left with Eddie George, Anthony Thomas, and Trung Canidate as the only decent RB options with my second round pick. IMO they are all too risky to take there. While one of them could do well, I'd rather take a guy like Vick who should help make up for my likely to be weak RB2 situation. This is a challenging draft and it's gonna be interesting to see what kind of team I can salvage from being stuck without a viable RB2 option.

You think this is challenging, my big money 16-team league is crazy. you def. just have to go QB late and hope you get some mid-round finds. the key to the larger leagues though is the ww.in our 16-teamer, we got priest and rolled the dice with fragile fred in r2. then busted in 3 with tim brown (moulds went one spot before him :D ) and got plaxico in 4. then i think the first qb we took was brad johnson deep in the draft, followed up by wuerffel a bit later. :wacko: we still managed to have the best team by getting bulger & pennington off the wire, along with chad johnson & k-rob.so my basic strategy for large leagues is to scoop up RBs, then just piece together what you can from there. the ww will always yield more than enough starters at other positions, but likely not that many at RB.

Sometimes you're a victim of your draft position and that's all there is to it. I was left with Eddie George, Anthony Thomas, and Trung Canidate as the only decent RB options with my second round pick. IMO they are all too risky to take there. While one of them could do well, I'd rather take a guy like Vick who should help make up for my likely to be weak RB2 situation. This is a challenging draft and it's gonna be interesting to see what kind of team I can salvage from being stuck without a viable RB2 option.
I agree. I'm not wild about upside with Peyton Manning (nor am I wild about Randy Moss) but I simply thought they would give me better relative production than the other choices. Running backs will be hard to find, but they always are... (I don't owe anyone any money for this draft, right? :D )

boy, whoever the guy was who went wr-qb is gonna be hurtin. :D
Couldn't agree more. He'll be lucky to have anything at his RB spots, will be very interesting! Hate the Trung pick though myself. I don't buy into the hype what so ever. But, with the RB frenzy going on, I can understand it if you feel he's going to do alright.

I wish Antsports would start offering drafts with 3 required WR starters, though it would now look like I can forgo the WR position for quite some time.Im starting to get scared about what RB will be left at the end of the 4th round as we already have 23 off the board. Ive only got a couple more hours till I will be incommunicato. I'll predraft before I leave, but forecasting 18 or so picks is going to be difficult.

I wish Antsports would start offering drafts with 3 required WR starters, though it would now look like I can forgo the WR position for quite some time.Im starting to get scared about what RB will be left at the end of the 4th round as we already have 23 off the board. Ive only got a couple more hours till I will be incommunicato. I'll predraft before I leave, but forecasting 18 or so picks is going to be difficult.
After 5:00 eastern, we're all a lot more lax about the time limit. I would say predraft two rounds and then check back late tonight if you can and you should be safe.P.S. Where's Blowholes? Pick already!

I wish Antsports would start offering drafts with 3 required WR starters ...
Too late now for this draft, but mockers could always agree ahead of time to pretend that it's a start-three-WR league.

i was considering making my 14-team league a start 3WR league, but to me it really opens the door to even more "luck" by way of what i like to call the Dennis Northcutt factor. A guy should draft two quality WRs and stick with them. i'd hate to get beat by some nimrod who happened to start northcutt in a game where he blows up. northcutt should never be anymore than a bye week guy. same thing with david patten and a ton of other guys. by starting 3WRs, you're gonna have a lot of people who didn't draft well and are starting guys like this on a regular basis, and to me that places more emphaiss on luck than skill.on the flip side, you can say what about the shark who is starting 3 really good WRs. well to me, he does not BENEFIT as much as he is HURT by the luck factor his lessor opponents could potentially BENEFIT from. that shark will benefit just as much in a start 2 WR with 2 really good WRs IMO with the other good one just sitting on his bench.does this make sense to anyone else?

as far as no blowholes pick, i'd like to give him til 2pm/5pmEST, but i'm really hesistant to make his pick here bc its rather crucial and there are lots of places he can go with it.i'd prob. say RB2, and there are still some viable options like mack, emmit and a. smith out there.

Another half hour is plenty of time, considering the 90 minute limit and it has already been a hour. I would go RB2 here as well, probably A Smith out of that bunch.As for his next pick, it will be after work hours so I would just let it go til 11am EST tomorrow.

Where's that blowhole?? :(
Unexcused absence.There's no reason to miss your third pick. Don't join if you're not going to draft.Where's Tom? I'd like to see what my next pick would be so I can predraft for two after.

I'm waiting for five picks before my back-to-back spots. I'll be checking in a few times this evening, so hopefully these five are out of the way before too long.

i sent an email documenting my stance on the delayed pick. i'm not going to be super anal this yet about making picks on time, mainly bc with 14 people you are bound to get the occassional straggling pick, but also bc my main goal is to finish this mock by friday, which should be absolutely no problem.believe me, i'd like to get the draft moving as quick as possible, but not at the expense of possibly alienating a drafter at this early stage thus forcing me to make the rest of his picks if he bails.

What they really need is "if/then/else" predrafting. So if I predraft 2 rbs and 2 wrs for my 3.11 pick for example then depending on which position I get would determine what I'd want at the 3.12If pick 3.11 = RB then let pick 3.12 = WRelse let pick 3.12 = RBend-if

What they really need is "if/then/else" predrafting. So if I predraft 2 rbs and 2 wrs for my 3.11 pick for example then depending on which position I get would determine what I'd want at the 3.12If pick 3.11 = RB then let pick 3.12 = WRelse let pick 3.12 = RBend-if
People have a hard enough time making their picks in a timely manner, let alone this. This would probably give migranes to the masses. But, I like the idea.

How upset would everyone be if we just let this run as normal until tomorrow morning? I can predraft for my next pick but depending on who I get, I would go different ways on the way back. If it gets back to me tonight, I can tell you all right now that I would not be able to check back until about 1:00 AM CST. You may as well all go to bed. Or wait up if you want to, I guess.

My pick is a little ways off so whatever is fine by me. I might be able to check at some point tonight, but I always am around the computer during the workday. I normally have it up at home, but if I checked it as much as I do during the day, Mrs. Griswold would lay the smack down. :(

Haha. I'm fine with just letting it run. It's why i set the 24hr time limit. we essentially got through almost 2.5 rounds of a 14-team in about half a day, and the first rounds are always the longest.i usually check before bed 11-12 PST.

Disappointing. If this was a FBG draft, where did he go? Especially in the middle of the day in round three.I think we should do pick by consensus and be honest about it.

I am going to be out from now until about 12:00 - 12:30 Central time.I am having trouble with my home computer (working half-day today) this morning, making pre-drafting difficult. I really, really don't want to pre-draft these picks anyway, so I'll do them when I return, if that is OK with everyone.Sure wish Blowholes would've made his pick by now. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread