What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PTI Reports: Larry Johnson says he's starting (1 Viewer)

modus

Footballguy
According to PTI in their rundown at the end of the show, Larry Johnson said that Herm Edwards told him that he was the starter. Not sure if anyone else caught this or reported this.

Does anyone actually think Larry won't be? I didn't even think it was a question.
If it's true, it's interesting that Herm is sending that message now with Holmes still unsure about his future.

Herm has to be happy that he gets this situation after being the guy who lost both Martin and Jordan within a year in New York.

Does anyone actually think Larry won't be? I didn't even think it was a question.
Yes, actualy a lot of folks seemed to think that Holmes may step back in or at least dig into the carries a great bit if he returned. I don't happen to be one of them, buuuuut....

Yes, actualy a lot of folks seemed to think that Holmes may step back in or at least dig into the carries a great bit if he returned. I don't happen to be one of them, buuuuut....
Do these people still have Ben Gay on their roster? Holmes is a 3rd down back at best on the Chiefs, and that's if he even comes back 100% healthy.

I dont see any reason why he wouldnt be the starter. He definitely proved himself, and I know Priest is an amzing back, but Larry is amazing as well with younger feet and not nearly as injury prone.

If Holmes comes back he will still take carries even if he isn't the starter. He would be too expensive to just sit on the bench when the Chiefs already have limited cap space. I don't think he comes back though.

If Holmes comes back he will still take carries even if he isn't the starter. He would be too expensive to just sit on the bench when the Chiefs already have limited cap space. I don't think he comes back though.
Holmes will have to rework his contract if he wants to return.

Holmes chances of being the starter followed Vermeil out the door. Herm doesn't have the allegiance to Holmes that **** did so I would only assume that the better player (at this point in their careers) will play the most. My biggest concern with LJ is the aging OL. How long can they keep opening up holes the size of a small neighborhood for him to run through?

If Holmes comes back he will still take carries even if he isn't the starter.
Calling Yudkin calling Yudkin. OK I'm just kidding. :nerd:

If Holmes comes back he will still take carries even if he isn't the starter.
Calling Yudkin calling Yudkin. OK I'm just kidding. :nerd:
I'll bite.Holmes had 140 touches this year and Johnson still was the #2 fantasy RB on the season. In 2004 with Curtis Martin getting 412 touches, other Jets RB still had almost 175 touches. People seem to forget that one RB on a team doesn't get the ball EVERY time.

I iwll say this, though, about Johnson. I doubt he would get the same workload again next year regardless if Holmes comes back or not. He 369 touches this year and as many have mentioned did not play much in the first half of the year. He had 288 touches in the last 8 games once Holmes went down for the year.

James Wilder holds the single season record for touches with 492. Johnson was on pace for 574!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread