What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Brock Purdy, SF (1 Viewer)

Scott Barrett
Brock Purdy is arguably the most valuable player in football this year

Factor in salary, and this might be one of the most *valuable* seasons of all-time

Check out Purdy's EPA per *pay* according to @Danny_Heifetz:

How Did Brock Purdy Become an MVP Front-Runner?

It’s easy to say that Prescott has had a better individual season than Purdy and is being forced to play on a harder degree of difficulty.

Is it though?

Scott Barrett
Brock Purdy is arguably the most valuable player in football this year

Factor in salary, and this might be one of the most *valuable* seasons of all-time

Check out Purdy's EPA per *pay* according to @Danny_Heifetz:

How Did Brock Purdy Become an MVP Front-Runner?

It’s easy to say that Prescott has had a better individual season than Purdy and is being forced to play on a harder degree of difficulty.

Is it though?

None of those words are especially difficult to pronounce.

Quick funny scenario. How would the Panthers look like with Purdy... or if CMC was back. I'm guessing the latter..

Too bad the Titans didn't grab him..they have 11 or 12 wins apparently with him throwing to Burks and Spears.

And no, he doesn't suck, but his numbers are 50/50 on what he has around him.

Quick funny scenario. How would the Panthers look like with Purdy... or if CMC was back. I'm guessing the latter..
With him and CMC, they be a lot better, but with just him? I don't know.. They could be fighting for the division I guess. But that isn't saying much.

Too bad the Titans didn't grab him..they have 11 or 12 wins apparently with him throwing to Burks and Spears.

In what post did I say he sucks
No, that was more towards my post then yours.. 49ers fans hate me cause I said he is a game manager and system QB..

I still think his numbers are inflated due to all the talent around him, but no doubt he is a vert talented QB. You can't punish him for what he has around him, so he should be the league MVP.

Purdy is no different than any other quarterback that goes back historically in the NFL. You could argue EVERY quarterback that is a top quarterback is a system QB.

Of course they are - all components of a team in football comes together to make a guy or not.

Mahomes/McNabb: ran Reid's system to perfection

Brady: ran McDaniels system to perfection. and also Ariens.

Manning: ran Tom Moore's system to perfection

Montana/Young: ran Bill Walsh's system to perfection

Why can they run those systems to perfection? Because they are effing good quarterbacks.

Smart
Decisive
Accurate
Quick releases
Reads defenses well

And now Purdy: runs Shanahan's system to perfection

Purdy is well on his way. So far that kid has all of the above. Who knows what the future will hold for him, but to me he's the MVP this year. He's just dialing it up at will and running that offense perfectly.

A lot of guys can run these offenses. But not every one of them can run it AND win a Super Bowl. That's the next step for him and Shanahan. This looks like the year.

No, that was more towards my post then yours.. 49ers fans hate me cause I said he is a game manager and system QB..

I still think his numbers are inflated due to all the talent around him, but no doubt he is a vert talented QB. You can't punish him for what he has around him, so he should be the league MVP.
We don’t hate you, you’re just wrong. It’s okay.

How is he wrong.. I have CMC & obviously don't want him to get hurt. But.. how confident would you be with Purdy but no CMC.. other way around.. I would still rather have CMC

I have no horse in this race as I’m not a Niners fan nor do I have Purdy on a roster.

That being said, I don’t understand the hypotheticals being used in here. They don’t validate squat. Wishingful thinking is all it is.
The only thing I can think of is jealousy. They have to be jealous their team didn't find a franchise QB in the 7th round who's making peanuts while outplaying every high priced QB out there.

There is literally no other logical reason at this point.

So can I ask you a honest question..

What would Purdy's numbers be right now on Tennessee? Take CMC, Debo, and Kittle away from him and add Burks, Hopkins, and Spears.

I have no horse in this race as I’m not a Niners fan nor do I have Purdy on a roster.

That being said, I don’t understand the hypotheticals being used in here. They don’t validate squat. Wishingful thinking is all it is.
The only thing I can think of is jealousy. They have to be jealous their team didn't find a franchise QB in the 7th round who's making peanuts while outplaying every high priced QB out there.

I don't know.. maybe you have the best RB in the league.. Don't get me wrong.. Purdy has been outstanding.. But there is no way he would be doing what he's doing without CMC..

I am not jealous, I just find it hilarious you can't answer a simple question.

What's the question?

Nobody can answer that question lol. But I know that you think you have the answer.

How is he wrong.. I have CMC & obviously don't want him to get hurt. But.. how confident would you be with Purdy but no CMC.. other way around.. I would still rather have CMC
Niners went 0-3 in weeks 6-8 when Deebo was out (technically he got hurt early in week 6), despite having both Purdy and CMC.

The past four weeks Deebo has 8 TDs. Deebo is a beast, and he’s a big part of opening up this offense.

Not saying he matters more than Purdy or CMC. But man……they struggled to be an efficient offense without him.

Niners went 0-3 in weeks 6-8 when Deebo was out (technically he got hurt early in week 6), despite having both Purdy and CMC.

The past four weeks Deebo has 8 TDs. Deebo is a beast, and he’s a big part of opening up this offense.

Not saying he matters more than Purdy or CMC. But man……they struggled to be an efficient offense without him.
okay.. You got me... they would definitely be better with Deebo then CMA.. lol

Ninere went 0-3 in weeks 6-8 when Deebo was out (technically he got hurt early in week 6), despite having both Purdy and CMC.

Actually, they went 0-3 without Trent Williams. Purdy won without Deebo last season in Seattle, in prime time, in Purdys second ever start, with bruised ribs. Purdy is undefeated in games where both him and Trent Williams play more than 1 quarter.

Last edited:
Ninere went 0-3 in weeks 6-8 when Deebo was out (technically he got hurt early in week 6), despite having both Purdy and CMC.

Actually, they went 0-3 without Trent Williams. Purdy won without Deebo last season in Seattle, in prime time, in Purdys second ever start, with bruised ribs. Purdy is undefeated in games where both him and Trent Williams play more than 1 quarter.
Didn’t realize Trent was out too. Interesting.

Too bad that I didn’t actually say that. But cool bro, you really got me.

So can I ask you a honest question..

What would Purdy's numbers be right now on Tennessee? Take CMC, Debo, and Kittle away from him and add Burks, Hopkins, and Spears.
I think he’d still be an MVP caliber QB. There. Round and round we go. This is fun, but I’m officially done with the hypothetical nonsense.

Edit: I went back in time for you with this team just to show that not anyone can step in and run an NFL team no matter how talented the roster is. In 97 and 98 the Niners went 12-4 and 13-3 with Steve Young at the helm. Garrison Hearst was the RB and guys by the name of Rice and Owens were the WRs with Greg Clark at TE. In those seasons when Young got hurt a fella named Druckenmiller filled in and performed terribly - he was traded in 99 I think. In 99 SF was the favorite to win the Super Bowl when Young got concussed again and that one ended his career. Jeff Garcia stepped in with the same roster and the Niners finished that year 4-12.

Okay, now I’m done.

Last edited:

Sorry, your means of rationalization doesn’t make sense. CMC isn’t the only RB who’s put up good to great numbers under Shanahan. Sure he’s the cream of the crop, but that is a terrible argument. Again, it’s merely hypothetical.

Didn’t realize Trent was out too. Interesting.
Yeah, and it wasn't just Purdy who struggled during those games, the run game was almost nonexistant.

In those games, CMC had 43, 45, and 54 yards rushing, 3 of his lowest 4 rushing totals of the season.

When the run game isn't going, the pass game suffers and then you get behind the sticks with 2nd and long and 3rd and longs and become one dimensional.

That was the main issue with the offense those weeks. Purdy did what he could and actually led a game winning drive in Cleveland where Moody missed the game winner, or they'd be sitting at 12-2 right now.

Though it isn't happening here in this thread, I would like my 49ers fan friends (I only have two of them, but this year they sound like their are two dozen of them lol), to stop acting as though the staff made some god-level pick in taking Purdy. Having Purdy turn into what he has is like being struck by lightening during a shark attack while holding the mega millions lottery ticket. Ok maybe that's too much hyperbole, but it was like 99% luck that absolutely no one would have predicted turned into what it has. They passed on him multiple times in the late rounds before taking him last overall, and I'm no 9ers expert, but I think just about the rest of their 2022 draft class was :poop:. Womack looked to have won the starting job for this year and just got injured, which is solid value for a 5th round pick. But otherwise.... a lot of meh they got outside Purdy. I don't think it was keen evaluation combined with cunning timing as part of an elaborate plan to draft their franchise QB at pick 262 lol.

Though it isn't happening here in this thread, I would like my 49ers fan friends (I only have two of them, but this year they sound like their are two dozen of them lol), to stop acting as though the staff made some god-level pick in taking Purdy. Having Purdy turn into what he has is like being struck by lightening during a shark attack while holding the mega millions lottery ticket. Ok maybe that's too much hyperbole, but it was like 99% luck that absolutely no one would have predicted turned into what it has. They passed on him multiple times in the late rounds before taking him last overall, and I'm no 9ers expert, but I think just about the rest of their 2022 draft class was :poop:. Womack looked to have won the starting job for this year and just got injured, which is solid value for a 5th round pick. But otherwise.... a lot of meh they got outside Purdy. I don't think it was keen evaluation combined with cunning timing as part of an elaborate plan to draft their franchise QB at pick 262 lol.

SF absolutely hit the lottery with him. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY knew he would/could be as good as hes been.

Would he be as good on another team? I couldnt care less. Hes QB1 in SF and hes not going anywhere.

And youre correct, the 49ers 2022 draft was hot garbage outside of Purdy other than Womack and Burford, and neither of them are great.

Sometimes its better to ge lucky than good, and in this case, Ill take lucky all day long.

Last I checked, CMC, Deebo, Williams, Kittle, and Aiyuk all played in the NFC Championship game. Who didnt play most of the game? How did that game go?

31-7 Eagles.
And when Purdy played, flip it to 42-19 Niners.

Some say Purdy is the reason the 49ers have become so good on offense. Others say it's the system and players around him.

It can be both.

It’s way too soon to put Purdy in the HOF but his numbers are crazy good for his second season. There‘s no lack of historic examples where more heralded QB with great supporting casts who didn’t win or didn’t put up good numbers. This kid is absolutely legit.

Last edited:

SF absolutely hit the lottery with him. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY knew he would/could be as good as hes been.

Would he be as good on another team? I couldnt care less. Hes QB1 in SF and hes not going anywhere.

And youre correct, the 49ers 2022 draft was hot garbage outside of Purdy other than Womack and Burford, and neither of them are great.

Sometimes its better to ge lucky than good, and in this case, Ill take lucky all day long.
As a Steelers fan I will confidently guess my team would be much better with Purdy than Pickett lol.

Trent Williams for MVP?

Users who are viewing this thread