What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Caleb Williams, CHI (1 Viewer)

Drake Maye could go #1 over Williams. I'm in complete agreement with Orlovsky.
If a GM passes on Caleb Williams for any other QB, that GM should be fired immediately. He's the best QB prospect in a very very long time.
Meh. Even the best scouts miss from time to time. He doesn’t seem to do well against better than mediocre teams. He also has a terrible attitude and already seems to think he owed more than he’s qualified for. I’d pass personally. We don’t what he’ll be yet, but he’s far from can't miss.

If a GM passes on Caleb Williams for any other QB, that GM should be fired immediately. He's the best QB prospect in a very very long time.
If by "a very long time" you mean Joe Burrow in 2020.

Would not draft him. Physical skills? Sure. Leadership skills extremely suspect.
As a prospect, Trevor was better than Joe. For raw talent Caleb is better than the last couple years but he’s far from the best in a very long time.

Joe and Caleb are prime examples of how much the final season in college matters.
I'm not sure about that - but it proves the point being made anyway.

Meh. Even the best scouts miss from time to time. He doesn’t seem to do well against better than mediocre teams. He also has a terrible attitude and already seems to think he owed more than he’s qualified for. I’d pass personally. We don’t what he’ll be yet, but he’s far from can't miss.
the more I watch and see if this guy he drops on my board. Not worth a too 10 pick maybe not even a day 1 pick. Does poor against teams he should kill, poor media and his attitude is shot when he loses. Always looking elsewhere for blame and lacks leadership qualities of a franchise QB. If I was a GM/owner he’d be taken off my board completely at this point. Unless he significantly dropped big time maybe I take a shot at him and see what he does and if the other guy does well you can use Williams as a trade asset or if the other guy flunks completely and he does well you got a back up plan.

Called this awhile back but thought Williams would be a fluke at next level. Riley isn’t the QB guru many think he is.

the more I watch and see if this guy he drops on my board. Not worth a too 10 pick maybe not even a day 1 pick. Does poor against teams he should kill, poor media and his attitude is shot when he loses. Always looking elsewhere for blame and lacks leadership qualities of a franchise QB. If I was a GM/owner he’d be taken off my board completely at this point. Unless he significantly dropped big time maybe I take a shot at him and see what he does and if the other guy does well you can use Williams as a trade asset or if the other guy flunks completely and he does well you got a back up plan.

Called this awhile back but thought Williams would be a fluke at next level. Riley isn’t the QB guru many think he is.

🤷‍♂️ he might bust. Anyone could. But you have to be kidding about the “not even day one” stuff.

Oh come on. :lmao:
While I think the poster’s post are pretty outlandish most of the time, I don’t think it a too far fetched take. No one is a sure thing, and Williams has his red flags. Mostly, he doesn’t fair well against teams better than mediocre.
Not a top 10 pick. Not a day one pick. If he was a GM he’s off his board completely? I know better than to pile on @DJackson10 but “oh come on” is pretty warranted for that take.

While I think the poster’s post are pretty outlandish most of the time, I don’t think it a too far fetched take. No one is a sure thing, and Williams has his red flags. Mostly, he doesn’t fair well against teams better than mediocre.
Not a top 10 pick. Not a day one pick. If he was a GM he’s off his board completely? I know better than to pile on @DJackson10 but “oh come on” is pretty warranted for that take.
True. I can give you that. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t pan out. We shall see, but yeah…..he’ll be a top 5 pick and probably #1.

True. I can give you that. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t pan out. We shall see, but yeah…..he’ll be a top 5 pick and probably #1.
Plenty of guys don’t pan out, but one look at the QBs starting in the NFL today should tell you Caleb Williams is kind of draftable.

He regressed a little this year statistically, but he’s still going to be the #1 pick.

Plenty of guys don’t pan out, but one look at the QBs starting in the NFL today should tell you Caleb Williams is kind of draftable.

He regressed a little this year statistically, but he’s still going to be the #1 pick.
I’m not so sure. The smart money may be on Drake Maye.

63% for the season. 22 TDs and 7 INT. 8 rushing TDs.

Caleb: 68% for the season. 30 TDs and 5 INTs. 11 rushing TDs. ----Much more difficult schedule.
You make a decent argument, but I’m still not convinced he should go #1, just as Young shouldn’t have gone #1 over Stroud. There are rumblings that some teams prefer Maye.

You make a decent argument, but I’m still not convinced he should go #1, just as Young shouldn’t have gone #1 over Stroud.

There's no argument being made FOR Maye.

The argument is against Caleb Williams.

It's too bad. Maybe if Maye had been #1 preseason, everyone could be hot take-ing about how Caleb has had a better season.

🤷‍♂️ he might bust. Anyone could. But you have to be kidding about the “not even day one” stuff.

The lack of quality he shows as a leader and blaming others on Lue poor performance against mediocre sides. Yeah not worth a day1 pick for me. Let some other team deal with his **** attitude.

His red flags are just too big for me. I wouldn’t touch him with a 50 ft poll. I’m curious how he interviews and does on the test though. That could be very telling for teams. Interviews might help him out but if he goes in there with the Christian hackenberg attitude where he blames everyone else, throws coaches under the bus etc like he did that’s not going to go well

His biggest red flags to me is how he handles the loses from media and else where. Body language never looks good when things don’t go his way. I’d draft Maye

He’s got major red flags where a franchise ab shouldn’t have one. I wouldn’t take my chance on him

Perhaps you didn't hear:

He didn't take questions from the media after the game
Maybe he used good judgment, rather than comment after a loss.
Joe burrow paid 55m almost a year on Friday stood at a podium with his season over and took it like a man and acted like a leader. Williams lost a game and couldn’t face the media? He’s a top prospect. It’s not a great look at all.

Joe burrow paid 55m almost a year on Friday stood at a podium with his season over and took it like a man and acted like a leader. Williams lost a game and couldn’t face the media? He’s a top prospect. It’s not a great look at all
Is there a history of media relations being a predictor of success?

I'd rather stick with Kyler Murray, and also Justin Fields. Giants might look to draft Caleb Williams though.
Marvin Harrison Jr should be the first pick. He's a likely future HOF.

Last edited:
I said it with CJ Stroud last year. And I'll say it with Caleb. He is easily the #1 pick even if some dumb GM picks a different player. No way he shouldn't go #1. Stroud didn't. How's that looking? Some moron GM took a 5'11" QB instead because he was a good leader. Huh? Gotta have the whole package. Caleb does. The arm, the control of the offense, QB mind, the desire to win, the accuracy. Sometimes it's super clear who the #1 should be. GMs just try to convince themselves otherwise. Maybe they will with Drake Maye or Bo Nix again this year. Maye has the arm and mind. Too many bad plays though. Nix failed elsewhere but has looked very solid. Caleb may not work out, but he's the right pick if you want tremendous upside and are thinking potential for multiple Super Bowl wins. All the side stuff is mostly made up from what I can tell. The ownership thing comes from a reporter guessing about it. And maybe some things from his dad. But Caleb the player ... he wants to win and has the tools to do it. Who cares if he skips the media ... college players have the right to do that and the college itself can stop them. And UNC had a top 12 recruiting class in 2021 and 2022, so Maye has just as much talent around him. (USC's 2022 class was ranked 10th in the PAC 10). Forget national ranking.

Last edited:
Much better talent around Caleb than Maye also.
Maybe at the skill positions last year. Not so much this year. And that USC defense is generationally bad.

I mean, I’m on the first page of this thread questioning Williams some, but more as let’s tap the breaks a bit on the QB deity stuff.

Not so much these last few hot takes that he’s not a first round pick or that Justin Fields/(Kyler Williams?) are better because he didn’t want to talk to the media after a loss. Oof.

Give me a break.

Maybe at the skill positions last year. Not so much this year. And that USC defense is generationally bad.

I mean, I’m on the first page of this thread questioning Williams some, but more as let’s tap the breaks a bit on the QB deity stuff.

Not so much these last few hot takes that he’s not a first round pick or that Justin Fields/(Kyler Williams?) are better because he didn’t want to talk to the media after a loss. Oof.

Give me a break.
I don’t care if he talks to the media or not. I just find it funny that he has no problem with them when he does good, or give a list of teams he’s not going to play for. The Bears main job is to find the teams interested in him, and accommodate Caleb.

Give me a break.
I don’t care if he talks to the media or not. I just find it funny that he has no problem with them when he does good, or give a list of teams he’s not going to play for. The Bears main job is to find the teams interested in him, and accommodate Caleb.
I haven't heard him say he won't play for someone or that he wants ownership in someone's team if they draft him. That's all speculation from other sources. People love to tear you down when you're at the top.

Give me a break.
I haven't heard him say he won't play for someone or that he wants ownership in someone's team if they draft him. That's all speculation from other sources. People love to tear you down when you're at the top.
I don’t want him on the Bears because we have a better version of Caleb right now.

Is he on top though?

I can't believe some of you are making a stink about him not talking to the press after the loss to UCLA. Did it ever occur to you that because of the way he was feeling at the moment that the smart move would be not to say anything? Having said that, right now I'm leaning Maye over Williams. Not because of anything he did or didn't say, I just think Maye will be the better QB in the NFL.

Give me a break.
Fields has had the Bears in contention for the #1 pick two years in a row. Is none of that his responsibility?

If Caleb actually demands the Bears trade the pick to someone else then sure, accommodate that and let the team trading for him consider his character, but if that's not the case then I think the Bears are making a huge mistake if they don't draft him.

Give me a break.
Fields has had the Bears in contention for the #1 pick two years in a row. Is none of that his responsibility?

If Caleb actually demands the Bears trade the pick to someone else then sure, accommodate that and let the team trading for him consider his character, but if that's not the case then I think the Bears are making a huge mistake if they don't draft him.
Fields was a 1000 yard rusher last year, so there is that...

Give me a break.

Fields was a 1000 yard rusher last year, so there is that...
And the Bears finished the year as the worst team in the NFL, so there's that.

Caleb: 68% for the season. 30 TDs and 5 INTs. 11 rushing TDs. ----Much more difficult schedule.
You make a decent argument, but I’m still not convinced he should go #1, just as Young shouldn’t have gone #1 over Stroud. There are rumblings that some teams prefer Maye.

Yes, right now Carolina is wanting a redo :wall::wall:

Stroud is looking good.

Stroud is looking good.
Next April Caleb Williams is last year's Bryce Young and Drake Maye is last year's C J Stroud.

Give me a break.

How’s this - the bears don’t need a qb that stares down receivers, this is what Caleb does.

Stroud is looking good.
Bryce was thrown into the worst scenario by far. Anyone who thought they were ready to not only support a young QB with his physical limitations but could do so after trading away Moore, a 2nd and their 24 1st should be fired. Regardless of whether they’re with the franchise or media “experts”.
There were plenty of bad trades for QBs in the last few years but at least the browns and broncos had quality support for their overpriced new guns.

Stroud might be doing better there, but nowhere near where he’s at now.

I love it. He is SPOT ON! Williams is an absolute bust, deserving of a day 2 pick at best

*SF pulls the trigger at the end of the 1st...

Is he still on record saying he'll only play for 5 NFL teams? I wonder if he'll stick with that if he's not the #1 pick.
Why wouldn't Marvin Harrison refuse to play for any team without a high caliber QB?
These kids should be happy to be playing anywhere on Sundays. They shouldn't get to dictate where they go.

This kid is talented, but it's hard to root for a prima donna. (And before anyone says it, yes, Eli and Elway had successful careers and were generally well liked...)

I watched 2 or 3 USC games, and they were always underwhelming. Even when they were winning, they felt...off.

Some of his stats would argue that it wasn't such a bad year.

His YPA were actually up to 9.4 from 9.1 the year before.
His completion % was also up at 68.6 from 66.6.

So he's completing a higher percentage of passes and getting more yards per pass.

Pass attempts were way down, he also played 2 fewer games. His rushing yardage went way down, but he still had double digit rushing touchdowns.

Users who are viewing this thread