What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jared Goff, DET (4 Viewers)

I'd expect hooker to be plan b next year, with maybe a bottom of the barrel veteran as a third qb. Quality backup QBs aren't cheap, so they can get some cap savings there.

Plus, goffs lack of running puts him at lower risk of getting hurt.

I agree and disagree - sure he might take less hits (lots of running qbs are great at sliding or getting out of bounds) but he's also a statue so he is ripe to take a hit right square in the back. He's going to get run over like a freight train because of his lack of movement
At any point any player could take a massive hit and get hurt. That's the game but I as for Goff, I don't think I have ever seen him take a big hit. He's so non-mobile but he knows it and is very good about either getting rid of the ball or just giving himself up.

He's a liability in today's game in the end

Half the QBs in the NFL are liabilities. Always have been.

I'd be surprised if they drafted another RB unless it was maybe a late round flyer who could play special teams. Other than interior OL I think it will be a defense heavy FA and draft season. They need CBs and DL help the most.

They wont draft a RB with Monty and Gibby in place, they have Craig Reynolds too. Backup FA RBs are a dime a dozen.

@AdamSchefter

There is no deal “imminent” for Lions QB Jared Goff, despite the fact that WR Amon-Ra St. Brown and OT Penei Sewell now have landed new deals, per source.

The Lions and Goff have spoken about a new deal this off-season, but no deal is close at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread