What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Joe Burrow, CIN (3 Viewers)

ESPN’s Adam Schefter said it’s “fair to wonder” if Joe Burrow (calf) will play in Week 3 against the Rams.

Schefter said Burrow through two games has “obviously” not been right after missing the entire month of August with a calf strain. Burrow reportedly re-injured the calf in the fourth quarter of the Bengals’ Week 2 loss to Baltimore. Jake Browning would likely start for Cincinnati if Burrow can’t go Monday night against the Rams. It could be a disastrous situation for the fantasy prospects of everyone in the Bengals offense.

Bengals HC Zac Taylor is unsure of whether or not Joe Burrow (calf) will play in Week 3 against the Rams.

Burrow being unable to play in next week’s matchup against the Rams would deal a massive blow to the fantasy value of both Ja’Marr Chase and Tee Higgins. Burrow re-aggravated his calf injury in Sunday’s loss to the Ravens, with Taylor saying Burrow “is still sore today,” when speaking with the media on Monday. With the Bengals’ next game not coming until next Monday night, Burrow will have some extra time to heal up. If he’s unable to go, backup quarterback Jake Browning would be in line to make his first career start.

Tweaked his calf. Going to see how it feels tomorrow. I have a bad feeling he is going to miss games.
Agree. The soft part of their schedule is coming up, and normally I'd think maybe they just sit him for 5 weeks until after their bye (Rams, Titans, Cardinals, Seahawks), but with the 0-2 start, they can't afford to go 2-2 in those games, plus those teams are all seeming better than originally expected.
Yeah, Cards are probably the only gimme there.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Joe Burrow (calf) won’t be fully healthy “probably for some time.”

After tweaking his lingering calf injury in Week 2 against the Ravens, Burrow is iffy to suit up Monday night against the Rams. Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said Tuesday that he’s unsure whether Burrow will be a go for Week 3 and he’s not expected to practice until late in the week, if at all. Even if Burrow can gut it out, Rapoport said, he won’t be fully healthy for quite a while. His calf issue could be disastrous for fantasy managers who drafted him, Tee Higgins, or Ja’Marr Chase.

Hard to trust no matter what, he looks like garbage basically... have A Rich backing him up but I just added Stroud as insurance to a short bench

Same, sans the Stroud pickup. I'm probably rolling with A Rich this weekend if he's healthy. Much better upside in FF right now.

I actually traded for him in a short bench league. I have Herbert. I sent Richardson/Joshua Kelley for Burrow and now I have an open roster spot deciding between Gainwell, Cooks, Toney, Roschon Johnson, Achane, Spears, Thielen type.

When asked about whether or not he plans to play in Week 3 against the Rams, Joe Burrow (calf) said, “we’ll see.”

Burrow didn’t confirm whether or not he would play on Monday night against the Rams, but the primetime game allows him some extra time to heal. Head coach Zac Taylor said earlier that giving Burrow time to heal is the best thing for his injury, making his situation one that we will have to wait and see on. If Burrow is unable to go, Jake Browning will make his first career start. Browning would not be an advisable fantasy option in Week 3 if he gets the nod.

the bigger problem is that the don't look good even with him out there. didn't look good in preseason, have looked like dog meat so far this year, it's certainly time to panic if you own chase and burrow. that o-line is horrific which is right on cue, what with Halloween right around the corner. the Bags should be on the heads at bungles games within the next week or two. it's about to get ugly, real quick.

Patriots signed QB Will Grier.
The quarterback is being plucked off the Bengals’ practice squad, leaving Cincinnati without a No. 2 quarterback for Monday evening against the Rams should Joe Burrow (calf) be sidelined. It is perhaps a sign Burrow will go. A cynic might note New England’s signing coincides with facing Grier’s ex-team the Cowboys in 10 days.

How does this leave them without a #2 QB ? Depth charts everywhere show Browning is their #2 not Grier anyway.

Patriots signed QB Will Grier.
The quarterback is being plucked off the Bengals’ practice squad, leaving Cincinnati without a No. 2 quarterback for Monday evening against the Rams should Joe Burrow (calf) be sidelined. It is perhaps a sign Burrow will go. A cynic might note New England’s signing coincides with facing Grier’s ex-team the Cowboys in 10 days.

How does this leave them without a #2 QB ? Depth charts everywhere show Browning is their #2 not Grier anyway.
If no Burrow, there is no #2 behind the starter, which is Browning.

So, how good/bad is Browning? I really don't want to start Mayfield. I may just pick Browning up and hope he hits a few TDs if Burrow sits. He's got some pretty good receivers. Am I nuts?

I have a really bad feeling about Joe. Reminds me of when Kyler Murray missed multiple games, and ARI just kept saying he was "almost there". I own Joe in 2 leagues, and have tried to trade him for anything I can get.

The Bengals will bring in Siiemian tomorrow. Or before Monday. ;)

Burrow should have been in IR to start the season. He is now an investment that needs to be protected but here we are 0-2 and looking at 0-3 and possibly to lose Burrow longer. He did not sound confident he would play. I give him a 10% chance. I hope they make the smart call here.

Burrow should have been in IR to start the season. He is now an investment that needs to be protected but here we are 0-2 and looking at 0-3 and possibly to lose Burrow longer. He did not sound confident he would play. I give him a 10% chance. I hope they make the smart call here.
Is Browning getting the start for sure if they sign Siiemian?

They signed Reid Sinnett. Jake Browning will start if Burrow can not go. I liked Brandon Allen as the backup if they were not going to go after another free agent but they let Allen go tp the 49ers.

They signed Reid Sinnett. Jake Browning will start if Burrow can not go. I liked Brandon Allen as the backup if they were not going to go after another free agent but they let Allen go tp the 49ers.
Ahh, good ol' Reid Sinnet. That makes me feel better. 👀

So, how good/bad is Browning? I really don't want to start Mayfield. I may just pick Browning up and hope he hits a few TDs if Burrow sits. He's got some pretty good receivers. Am I nuts?
I have Mayfield as my backup option. I'll see what kind of reports we're getting tomorrow, but if Burrow plays I'm inclined to start him. If he sits, I'm OK with Mayfield. Philly has been a good matchup for QBs so far

I think Burrow is way more hurt than his team is leading on. I have been trying to cut ties in 2 leagues since week 1. The worst part is I drafted him in 1 league AFTER I saw him carted off in practice.

Bengals listed QB Joe Burrow questionable for MNF against the Rams.

The Bengals also signed free agent quarterback AJ McCarron to their practice squad on Saturday, giving the sense that Burrow, who managed a limited showing in practice on Friday after consecutive “DNP” to start the week, could be in legitimate danger of missing Week 3. Burrow aggravated the calf injury he sustained in camp in Week 2. We’re still waiting on the final injury report from the team. Fantasy managers with Burrow will need to make a contingency plan considering the team plays on Monday.

Bengals listed QB Joe Burrow questionable for MNF against the Rams.

The Bengals also signed free agent quarterback AJ McCarron to their practice squad on Saturday, giving the sense that Burrow, who managed a limited showing in practice on Friday after consecutive “DNP” to start the week, could be in legitimate danger of missing Week 3. Burrow aggravated the calf injury he sustained in camp in Week 2. We’re still waiting on the final injury report from the team. Fantasy managers with Burrow will need to make a contingency plan considering the team plays on Monday.
I get the logic here but sure does not give me good feelings for the immediate future.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Joe Burrow (calf) will be a game-time decision for Week 3 against the Rams.
Rapoport said that Burrow will go through a pre-game workout to determine his status. It’s possible that the Bengals are employing some gamesmanship with Burrow’s status and simply don’t want to tip their hand to the Rams yet. For fantasy managers, this is a nightmare scenario. Burrow plays on Monday meaning there will be next to no backup options available if Burrow doesn’t go. For the bravest managers looking to gamble with Burrow, Matthew Stafford and Baker Mayfield are the emergency options.

Starting Minshew today since I have no other option (SF league) and can’t wait for a game time decision

I started Howell instead of Burrow this week. :bag:

Stafford, who I liked a bit better than Howell, was on the waiver wire, but I had already started Howell over Burrow in Week 1 expecting a slow start from Joe. I then started Burrow in Week 2, only to see him again outscored by Howell. How bad could it be, right?
:toilet:

When asked by ESPN’s Laura Rutledge about Joe Burrow’s Week 3 status vs. the Rams, Bengals HC Zac Taylor said, “we aren’t ready to reveal a decision just yet and will wait a couple more hours before we make a call.”

The Bengals don’t have to make an official decision on Burrow until they announce Week 3 inactives before kickoff. It sounds like Taylor and the team are ready to take things up until the final minute to decide whether or not Burrow will play in what feels like a near must-win game for the 0-2 Bengals. If Burrow is unable to go, Jake Browning is expected to start in a prime time matchup against the Rams.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports the Bengals are expected to elevate QB Reid Sinnett from the practice squad ahead of Monday night’s Week 3 matchup against the Rams.

This will understandably grab the attention of fans and fantasy managers who are waiting for official word on whether or not Joe Burrow will play in Week 3. Fowler says in a post that elevating Sinnett “gives Cincinnati depth for the Rams game behind Joe Burrow, who’s been nursing a calf issue, and Jake Browning,” suggesting a decision on Burrow has not yet been made. The Athletic’s Dianna Russini reported earlier on Monday that there is “optimism” Burrow will play on Monday, but the decision to elevate Sinnett certainly raises some eyebrows. The Bengals have up until 90 mins before kickoff to decided whether or not to rule Burrow out for this week.

When asked by ESPN’s Laura Rutledge about Joe Burrow’s Week 3 status vs. the Rams, Bengals HC Zac Taylor said, “we aren’t ready to reveal a decision just yet and will wait a couple more hours before we make a call.”

The Bengals don’t have to make an official decision on Burrow until they announce Week 3 inactives before kickoff. It sounds like Taylor and the team are ready to take things up until the final minute to decide whether or not Burrow will play in what feels like a near must-win game for the 0-2 Bengals. If Burrow is unable to go, Jake Browning is expected to start in a prime time matchup against the Rams.
Was the use of the word reveal a bit of a Freudian slip? He didn't say we haven't yet made a decision, but we aren't ready to reveal a decision.

Users who are viewing this thread