What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kyler Murray, ARZ (2 Viewers)

All they need to do is limit Kyler's fantasy production though, not be top defenses in the league. Good chance they do that, making Kyler a strong fade outside of deep or super flex leagues.

Droppable in redraft leagues. Brutal playoff schedule ahead and he's not getting it done in FF.
Good call. Kyler has looked really bad the past 2 weeks. Will the Cardinals consider drafting a QB? I think his contract is too prohibitive in 2024 at least to move on
think this relationship is done, they'll trade him and move on
Might have difficulty finding a trade partner. Who would want to take on that new contract Arizona foolishly gave him last year ?

well looks like my post above is lookilng incorrect and Zona is going to ride with him for at least another year, if they end up with MHJ as a lot of mocks are projecting his value is going to get a nice boost.

Marvin, Trey McBride, Zay Jones/michael Wilson/Dortch and another year removed from the injury. I’m very bullish on Kyler this year, definitely targeting him as often as I can. Feel good he’ll be back to form as a premium fantasy qb.

Murray has never been as bad as his detractors think, but also has been disappointing since his blow up 2020-2021. At this point, he's a solid starting QB, who probably isn't as good as his salary, but is still a solid enough QB1 in fantasy, if you are the type to wait on QB. I think he's anywhere in the 6-10 range for fantasy, likely depending on how much he runs another year removed from his knee injury.

Murray has never been as bad as his detractors think, but also has been disappointing since his blow up 2020-2021. At this point, he's a solid starting QB, who probably isn't as good as his salary, but is still a solid enough QB1 in fantasy, if you are the type to wait on QB. I think he's anywhere in the 6-10 range for fantasy, likely depending on how much he runs another year removed from his knee injury.
Last year, 10 QB's had over 4K passing, and all 10 were in the top 12. The other 2 were Hurts and Jackson, who combined to rush over 300 times for 1400 yards and 20 TD's. I think for Murray to get into the top 10 again, he's going to need to score 100+ fantasy points with his legs (something like 600 yards and 7 TD's).

Last year, 10 QB's had over 4K passing, and all 10 were in the top 12. The other 2 were Hurts and Jackson, who combined to rush over 300 times for 1400 yards and 20 TD's. I think for Murray to get into the top 10 again, he's going to need to score 100+ fantasy points with his legs (something like 600 yards and 7 TD's).
He was on pace for 4000 yards passing in 2022 before the ACL injury (only counting 10 games because he only threw 1 pass in the game he got hurt in). Only 8 games last year but 225 yards per game (3825 on a 17 game pace). Add Harrison in addition to McBride and Wilson having another year of experience. Plus Zay Jones and Greg Dortch are pretty decent #3/4s. Murray should hit 4K and 25 TDs, plus the rushing yards. Wouldn't be shocked to see a top 5 finish.

Good points all around. However, he was QB9 after returning in week 10. Given another year removed from injury + the massive improvements to his pass catchers, I'm not sure how we can expect him to be outside the top 10 if he stays healthy.

He was on pace for 4000 yards passing in 2022 before the ACL injury (only counting 10 games because he only threw 1 pass in the game he got hurt in). Only 8 games last year but 225 yards per game (3825 on a 17 game pace). Add Harrison in addition to McBride and Wilson having another year of experience. Plus Zay Jones and Greg Dortch are pretty decent #3/4s. Murray should hit 4K and 25 TDs, plus the rushing yards. Wouldn't be shocked to see a top 5 finish.
All reasons I’m in on him plus his price is still down for now. Even better

Good points all around. However, he was QB9 after returning in week 10. Given another year removed from injury + the massive improvements to his pass catchers, I'm not sure how we can expect him to be outside the top 10 if he stays healthy.
2019 - 17.7 PPG
2020 - 24.2 PPG
2021 - 21.5 PPG
2022 - 19.6 PPG
2023 - 18.1 PPG

As you can see, his PPG has dropped each year since his QB2 finish in 2020. But don't think 18.1 PPG isn't good. Last year Goff finished as QB7 with only 17.2 PPG. Murray just needs to stay healthy, as you said.

Also, I just wanted to say, Murray's pass catchers this year aren't massive improvements from his first 5 seasons. Sure, Harrison should be a phenom, and McBride should make a great 1/2 punch, but the rest are just fillers.

Also, I just wanted to say, Murray's pass catchers this year aren't massive improvements from his first 5 seasons. Sure, Harrison should be a phenom, and McBride should make a great 1/2 punch, but the rest are just fillers.
99.99% agree with you. But if we expect MHJ to be a top 25 WR and Zay Jones to be a good real-life WR who may not be a fantasy guy, then I do think that's massively better than what he had from week 10 on last year when he was QB9.

But I think we mostly agree. And I'll double down on this all comes down to health for Kyler as you said. If he can't stay on the field, none of this matters.

99.99% agree with you. But if we expect MHJ to be a top 25 WR and Zay Jones to be a good real-life WR who may not be a fantasy guy, then I do think that's massively better than what he had from week 10 on last year when he was QB9.

But I think we mostly agree. And I'll double down on this all comes down to health for Kyler as you said. If he can't stay on the field, none of this matters.
Agreed. And yes, his pass catchers, besides Trey McBride, blew chunks for the 8 games Kyler played last season. I was only saying he had some decent options during his first 4 years, including an over-the-hill Larry Fitzgerald, a prime DeAndre Hopkins, and a very decent Christian Kirk.

system/coaching significantly more important than "pass catchers"

And the O Line is improved.

Let's consider all the factors here. We are comparing apples to oranges in this thread. Do better shark pool.

system/coaching significantly more important than "pass catchers"

And the O Line is improved.

Let's consider all the factors here. We are comparing apples to oranges in this thread. Do better shark pool.
Comparing apples to oranges is all we ever do. Otherwise, FF would be a solvable equation.

As far as his health, he has only had the one ACL injury, which unfortunately came at a point late in the season where it rolled into the next season. Not especially worried about his health. Well, not anymore than any other QB who runs.

Excited to see what he does having both an elite WR and an elite TE. Should be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread