What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Sam Howell, SEA (4 Viewers)

These stats are what gives me nightmares about Washington giving up on Sam too early....

Comparing Howell and Josh Allen in their first 18 games

Passing Yards - Howell 4115, Allen 3389
Completion % - Howell 63.2%, Allen 56.4%
Total TDs- Howell 28, Allen 28
INTs- Howell 22, Allen 29
Passer Rating - Howell 79.0, Allen 72.5

Allen just needed some time...and I'll argue Washington's OC and line was MUCH WORSE than Allen's.

Darnold has great weapons in Minnesota
Obviously JJ and Hockenson, but DK, JSN, Fant and the RBs are better in Seattle - I don’t think the weapons are hugely different on the whole.
I think they’re close, but only because Darnold has a better path to starting (and keeping the job) Until the draft anyway.
Having Darnold is like eating Broccoli.
Raw broccoli without ranch dip
I’m still in.

These stats are what gives me nightmares about Washington giving up on Sam too early....

Comparing Howell and Josh Allen in their first 18 games

Passing Yards - Howell 4115, Allen 3389
Completion % - Howell 63.2%, Allen 56.4%
Total TDs- Howell 28, Allen 28
INTs- Howell 22, Allen 29
Passer Rating - Howell 79.0, Allen 72.5

Allen just needed some time...and I'll argue Washington's OC and line was MUCH WORSE than Allen's.
💯 🎯 spot on post.

Chalk me up as an idiot. Cause as a WAS fan I never would have shipped him out of here for a mediocre pick swap. I think he was worth more than that as a quality backup. Hate to see him go. The WAS brain trust obviously 1) didn't want two young QBs on the roster and 2) doesn't think much of Howell or they would have never shipped him outta here. I'd rather have Howell than Mariotta. I think this may bite them if Maye/Daniels takes a long time to get started because Mariotta sucks. WAS radio talking about it like a win. Not IMO
New staff. You would like to think they would salvage as much of the roster pass possible, but usually they toss everything
I wonder if there was something about drafting Maye (Howell's good friend and former UNC teammate) and not wanting to rock that boat. Sounds stupid to me, but I can't think of better logic.

If ANYONE watched football the last 2 years and came away thinking Mariota>Howell, then their logic is out to lunch.

Howell is better, younger, and cheaper.
Mariota is a better backup for a brand new starter rookie where the backup probably doesn't play. Anyone with years of experience and a willingness to teach probably is.

He's a good good guy. Organization wise they probably wanted him for culture.

The basketball guys that are doing a great job asking and researching the right way of doing things probably saw this as the proven path over like Steve versus Aikman.

Why did Howell fail? (4000 yards 26 TDs in first year, I wouldn't say he did but clearly that's a viewpoint) That Q had to be asked a zillion times and I wouldn't be surprised if a veteran backup was involved in the answers

"I've been a starter [and] won a playoff game," Mariota said. "I've also been cut [and] I've also been injured. I've also been benched. All those experiences create value and create opportunities for me to build relationships with guys. I can build with the top guy on the roster to the very bottom of the roster. I think that's important. Sometimes you need guys like myself to be able to glue guys together and be an advocate for the guys."

"I think when you're coming in, that expectation for you to be the quote-on-quote savior and all that is a lot. And I think for me now, to be able to have gone through that experience, if that's the way we go, I can provide a little bit of comfort knowing that, you [need to] be your best version of yourself. Don't worry about everything else. Don't worry about the expectations. Just go out there and try to get better every day and the rest of it will fall into place."

They probably ate that up in an interview

Obviously JJ and Hockenson, but DK, JSN, Fant and the RBs are better in Seattle - I don’t think the weapons are hugely different on the whole.
I think they’re close, but only because Darnold has a better path to starting (and keeping the job) Until the draft anyway.
Steamed with a drizzle of olive oil & garlic. 🤤

Wait! I mean 🤮. Give me some 🥩

Steamed with a drizzle of olive oil & garlic. 🤤

Wait! I mean 🤮. Give me some 🥩
I'd rather slide down a 10 foot razorblade into a pool of alcohol.

Users who are viewing this thread