What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Quick Trivia (1 Viewer)

gianmarco

Footballguy
1)  What do Demaryius Thomas, Adam Thielen, Jay Ajayi, Isaiah Crowell, and Pierre Garcon all have in common?

2)  Which QB leads all starting QBs in YPA?

3)  3 players have more than 1 rushing play of 40+ yards.  Who are they?

ETA -- Don't post if you're looking it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. They are all key ingredients in my 2-5 record.

2. Watson

3. Hunt, Collins, Murray.

Thought about #1 AND it's related to my first answer... no TDs this year.

1)  What do Demaryius Thomas, Adam Thielen, Jay Ajayi, Isaiah Crowell, and Pierre Garcon all have in common?

1) No TDs

2) Smith

3) Fournette, Hunt, Gurley

Good stuff

Along the lines of #2, the top 2 QBs for yards per catch are 2nd year QBs. (Didn't know that until I checked my guess)

Yep, so all answers have been listed but no one with all 3.

1. No TDs. And considering the amount of yards some of those guys have put up, it's a little nutty. Especially DT and Thielen.

2. Alex Smith. Captain Checkdown is actually leading all QBs in YPA. He's also 2nd in the league in plays of 40+ yards with 6. Of note, he has increased his YPA over the last 4 years, so not a complete fluke. And, despite that high YPA of 8.7, he has 0 INTs.

3. Hunt, Fournette, and Patterson. 2 rookies and a WR. Just for fun.

1. Zero TDs

2. A Smith or D Watson - I’ll go with the vet

3. K Hunt, A Collins, T Gurley 

PM for address where to send my prize

TIA

UPDATE: nope

gianmarco said:
Yep, so all answers have been listed but no one with all 3.

1. No TDs. And considering the amount of yards some of those guys have put up, it's a little nutty. Especially DT and Thielen.

2. Alex Smith. Captain Checkdown is actually leading all QBs in YPA. He's also 2nd in the league in plays of 40+ yards with 6. Of note, he has increased his YPA over the last 4 years, so not a complete fluke. And, despite that high YPA of 8.7, he has 0 INTs.

3. Hunt, Fournette, and Patterson. 2 rookies and a WR. Just for fun.
So I win since I got the closest?

Like clockwork, there's the Crowell TD. If Thielen scores, then you know what the rest of those guys will do today.

Funny post getting funnier....time to fanduel DT, Ajayi and Pierre

So, Alex Smith accomplished the following:

--Finished the year with the highest QB rating of all starters at 104.7.
--Had the 3rd most plays by a QB of 40+ yards with 13.
--Had the 2nd highest YPA of any QB with 8.0 ypa (Brees #1 at 8.1 ypa)
--Had the 2nd highest completion % of all starters behind only Brees
--Threw for the fewest INTs among all QBs with only 5 INTs all year (26 TDs vs 5 INTs)
--6th most rushing yards among QBs with 355 (2 yards behind Dak at 357)

Pretty impressive numbers and goes against what most people think of him.  He increased his downfield throwing while maintaining great accuracy and limiting turnovers.  And before we start saying it's Tyreek and his YAC ability, Hill was only 15th in the NFL in yards after catch.  Brees had Kamara at #2 in YAC and Ingram at #8, for comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread