What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rain - locals please chime in (1 Viewer)

Judge Smails

Footballguy
NFL.com site shows 4 games likely to have significant rain. Most are showing rain all 4 quarters.

Tampa Bay at Cleveland
Green Bay at Philadelphia
Atlanta at Washington
Las Vegas at Seattle
Chicago at NY jets

Is this affecting your lineup decisions? If any locals have updates tomorrow that would be helpful.

Edited to add - looks like the Jets game will now be the worst. Added

Last edited:
I'm west of DC. It just started raining here, though lightly. No wind as of yet, but it's supposed to kick up a bit later. There's a huge swath of precip both west and south of the area moving in DC's direction. That field is awful on the best of days, so I expect it'll be torn up pretty good today.

I’m about 20 miles from the Washington stadium. Wind won’t be a factor but there will be moderate rain ending around half time. I wouldn’t alter any lineup decisions because of it.

NFL.com site shows 4 games likely to have significant rain. Most are showing rain all 4 quarters.

Tampa Bay at Cleveland
Green Bay at Philadelphia
Atlanta at Washington
Las Vegas at Seattle

Is this affecting your lineup decisions? If any locals have updates tomorrow that would be helpful.
The bolded are the only ones I think sound bad enough to alter lineup calls, and even then, its probably just kickers. Not sitting any guys like Evans/Godwin, Brady, Cooper or McLaurin.

Vegas at Seattle
35-40 degrees
Less than 20% chance of rain says weather sites

I would not hesitate to start players and kickers in this game vs say Philly tonight where it's projected to be a little wetter and field conditions more diffciult

At MetLife - no rain yet but on its way. Not like many are starting players in this game though other than maybe Montgomery and the defenses.

Vegas at Seattle
35-40 degrees

I would not hesitate to start players and kickers in this game vs say Philly tonight where it's projected to be a little wetter and field conditions more diffciult
Important info for Carlson and Myers.

Vegas at Seattle
35-40 degrees

Important info for Carlson and Myers.
Exactly, I have Carlson and I went ahead and cut my other kicker if I had one in certain leagues, Elliott has been terrible, not because he stinks kicking but just not many chances for him
I picked up Dicker and will be playing him in the warm weather of Arizona, Carlson has a much higher ceiling but it is pretty cold there and Dicker should come close to double digits today i'm thinking. Should be a lot of points in that game, 2-3 FGs, 2-3-4 XPs, all good.

Expect a band of rain mid game and maybe another one late in Cleveland (probably post game though), but otherwise just breezy...and I actually see some blue sky as I look out my window right now. Wouldn't alter any plans based on the forecast.

At MetLife - no rain yet but on its way. Not like many are starting players in this game though other than maybe Montgomery and the defenses.
I have a Wilson v C Samuel decision. More worried about the Washington field and Peterman than anything with both of them. Leaning Wilson and hoping for an early score.

Expect a band of rain mid game and maybe another one late in Cleveland (probably post game though), but otherwise just breezy...and I actually see some blue sky as I look out my window right now. Wouldn't alter any plans based on the forecast.
Thanks!

I have a Wilson v C Samuel decision. More worried about the Washington field and Peterman than anything with both of them. Leaning Wilson and hoping for an early score.
Yeah probably a toss up. No wind at MetLife right now for what it’s worth.

Users who are viewing this thread