What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k in June (2 Viewers)

Did 2miles last Monday, then got into an "eh, screw it" mood later in the week and didn't run (also had parent-teacher conferences on Thursday, so that messed things up as well), but then did 3miles on Saturday, both times at a just-under-10 pace.

Today I did 3miles at a 9:00 pace, unable to find that slower gear yet again. lol

Temps are heating up around here, into the 90s all week, so there's another challenge to add to the list. :goodposting:

IvanKaramazov said:
I'm not one to carry "extra stuff" when I run. I just don't get how some people can wear fanny packs, those water bottle belts, carrying water bottles, radios, etc. It just seems to me that the water would slosh too much, the packs would bounce around, I'd get a death-grip on the radio/bottle/whatever, etc. Yes, I know radios can be strapped to the arm, but my big-assed Garmin watch bounces around my wrist, barely tolerable. Even carrying gels tests my limits. :goodposting:If I did break down and go the Ipod route, I'd put only "Nickelback - I wanna be a Rockstar" on it, and make sure it's on repeat. :thumbdown:
Hmmmm...I carry an old Camelbak (bought when they first came out) on all my runs. Never a problem except in extreme cold. Can hold up to 100 oz...and depending on weather/distance...I'll fill it up....and then drink near all. Essentially...when I want water - I want water...and I drink when I run. :)
Kinda depends on the length of your runs and availability of water/liquids along the way.For runs over 45 minutes or so, I usually run with my trusty fuel belt- up to 28oz of whatever liquid I want, and is very well weighted on my hips. No sloshing (I tried a camelback- didn't like the way it sat on my back and sloshed), very easy access and can keep my phone/keys/money/gels in the pouch. I used to do 1/2 IM races with it so I could use my own sports-drink, but I ended up ditching it for races due to the weight.I should say that water fountains just aren't available on my normal route, so either I stop and duck into a store, or bring my own.
For anything less than 4 miles, I don't generally carry water.For between 4 and about 10 miles (depending how hot it is), I have an Asics belt that I use to carry a water bottle.For over 10 miles I have a 1.x litter Camelback I use. For anything over 15 miles I will generally use a 3 liter Camelback backpack. It takes some getting used to, but nothing is worse for me than running out of water during a long run. All of this also serves to make me feel lighter during races, when I'll either bring nothing or just my Asics belt (so I can take a drink when I want, not just where the water stops are).
I did 15 miles yesterday, and since the weather was nice, I decided to run outside. There's a 3 1/4 mile route around campus that I'm used to, so I just parked my truck in a strategic location and left everything there, stopping for water or a gel or whatever after each lap.
What gel are you referring to?

I might as well put in here too. I am running in the Chicago Marathon in October and have been training since December. I've had to miss several workouts due mostly to weather. -20 for a month didn't help but ran in -20 wind chill a couple/5 times. I have a group of 4 that I will call newbies. One guy ran 18 and walked 8 and the rest of us have never even attempted a 5K. We are running 4 times a week at 3.5 to 4.2 miles and have ran 7 miles. Working on our own until June 4th when we will jump on HH's 18 week training. I am the slowest of the 4 and need the motavation. We aren't going for a certain time, just trying to run the whole thing.

I might as well put in here too. I am running in the Chicago Marathon in October and have been training since December. I've had to miss several workouts due mostly to weather. -20 for a month didn't help but ran in -20 wind chill a couple/5 times. I have a group of 4 that I will call newbies. One guy ran 18 and walked 8 and the rest of us have never even attempted a 5K. We are running 4 times a week at 3.5 to 4.2 miles and have ran 7 miles. Working on our own until June 4th when we will jump on HH's 18 week training. I am the slowest of the 4 and need the motavation. We aren't going for a certain time, just trying to run the whole thing.
Galloway's "Book on Running" excellent, excellent training program for first-time Marathoners...particularly with no time goal :blackdot: My father used it for his first (of dozens!) at age 50...I used for my first at age 30. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hal Higdon training models are really good. While I have a strong training background (from my triathlons), I'm working toward my first marathon. HH is set up well. Are you in Chicago? Running on the lakefront? The marathoners are really out in force through the late summer on the lakefront trails.I had LASIK surgery on Friday - very successful ...distance vision is now 20/20 (still need readers for close-in viewing). I cheated and got right out on Saturday for a 30 minute bike ride and on Sunday for 4 miles (three at a hard pace). This will be great, now, for early morning training in the summer and all swimming when I won't need to worry about contacts.Meeka, if you have the tired legs, you might try mixing it up with some very easy jogging but with a few 30 second accelerations just to stretch out the legs.

:goodposting:I was going to run in Central Park but didn't really have the time and wasn't sure I knew the place well enough to get in and get back to hotel to meet with other people at 7:00 in the lobby on Friday. I probably had some time on Thursday but didn't think about it because I had run the previous day. Weather was tolerable so I could have done it.
Have you run in CP before? There's a 2 mile loop at the bottom of the park that's a nice, scenic run. Find some time on your next trip here- it's worth it (nice looking wimmen working out too).
I had not run there before. Now that I am a runner I will schedule in some time for my next visit.

:thumbup: good luck. keep us updated.

I'm also a Gu fan. Academy Sports here in College Station, is selling packs of 30 (10 vanilla, 10 chocolate, 10 lemon = my favorite) for approximately $13. They generally sell for $.93 a piece = a great deal. For longer runs (15+ miles) and bikes (35+) I like to pack at least one energy bar as well (usually Clif).

On a side note, I'm hoping to get back into the running/biking/swimming game in the next week. I've been out with a broken toe (4 weeks), then a torn calf muscle (caused by my first run after breaking my toe: I, like an idiot, went balls out in my first run back), and now a vasectomy. In total, I haven't completed a run since the first week of January, and have done little swimming and moderate biking this year. If my scrotal pain is better by this weekend, I'm going to ease back into it. My next planned event is only a Sprint Triathlon (500m/25k/5k) and I have until the end of April to train = barring another setback (getting old REALLY sucks!) I should have no difficulty being ready in time. :fingerscrossed:

pigskinliquors said:
I've been out with a broken toe (4 weeks), then a torn calf muscle (caused by my first run after breaking my toe: I, like an idiot, went balls out in my first run back), and now a vasectomy.
The juxtaposition of these two items is...interesting... :yes:

pigskinliquors said:
I've been out with a broken toe (4 weeks), then a torn calf muscle (caused by my first run after breaking my toe: I, like an idiot, went balls out in my first run back), and now a vasectomy.
The juxtaposition of these two items is...interesting... :confused:
:IBTL: It's actually "Balls Puffy" right now, which I guess, technically, is balls out!

pigskinliquors said:
Academy Sports here in College Station, is selling packs of 30 (10 vanilla, 10 chocolate, 10 lemon = my favorite) for approximately $13.
:goodposting: 13 bucks!!?? They have an on-line store?(Good luck with yer balls... :bye: ) :(

IvanKaramazov said:
Poppa said:
Here's one of my favorites - GU Chocolate
GU guy also... :lmao:
:lmao:
Check out Hammer Nutrition GelIt's cheaper. I buy it in the 26 serving jug and transfer it to a small easy to carry flask. Refrigerate the rest until the next run.

It digests easier for me. The taste isn't so sugary and the complex carbs are kinder on my stomach. The simple sugars and overly sweet taste of GU wreaks havoc on my stomach, particularly the longer the run (ie: 12 miles +).

The Sustained Energy drink is great too for long bike rides/runs.

IvanKaramazov said:
Poppa said:
GU guy also... :pickle:
:headbang:
Check out Hammer Nutrition GelIt's cheaper. I buy it in the 26 serving jug and transfer it to a small easy to carry flask. Refrigerate the rest until the next run.

It digests easier for me. The taste isn't so sugary and the complex carbs are kinder on my stomach. The simple sugars and overly sweet taste of GU wreaks havoc on my stomach, particularly the longer the run (ie: 12 miles +).

I've never liked Hammer products- not enough electrolytes (I sweat a lot and high mineral content) and they make me sick.But- you are very right to point out that it works for you. I'm a big fan of trying everything out (race checkins are good places to get free samples) to see what works on an individual basis.

After sorting out the nutrititional differences (which are fairly minimal), it's all about finding the gel/drink/bar you're going to want to eat and are capable of digesting on race day.

Ran 2.75 miles yesterday. I think the time off on Sunday did me some good as the run was pretty easy for as long as it was.

The irony of daylight savings time starting as soon as the weather got nice means I ran it in the semi-darkness. Not sure how I felt about that.

The juxtaposition of these two items is...interesting... :bye:
:lmao: It's actually "Balls Puffy" right now, which I guess, technically, is balls out!
Hey, numbnuts, you gonna do the hotter than hell this year or what?

I've typically been fine with PowerBars and PowerGels. However, at last summer's half-IM, with some bloating after the swim, everything tasted awful. A bite of a PowerBar was like chewing cardboard, and the gels weren't tasting too good either. Plus, they were handing out Gatorade Endurance, and the high sodium content makes that a rather nasty taste. I've got long runs the next two weekends (19 and 20 miles), so I'll be playing around with the caloric intake a bit.

Found a lower gear and did 5mi in 48min today. :thumbup: A bit of I-T ache after about 3mi. I'm going to have to find me a nice flat course, as apparently these sloped canal banks are the culprits to my I-T. I've been trying to keep an eye on my stride, and look for the flattest part of the banks, but I guess I need to watch it a bit closer.

In any event, it's going great! :yes:

I'm more of a Strawberry/Strawberry-Banana PowerGel person, mainly because it's been a TNT sponsor and we got 'em for free. :D I haven't found a chocolate that I like, of any brand. It's like trying to choke down pudding during a run. :yucky:

I've typically been fine with PowerBars and PowerGels. However, at last summer's half-IM, with some bloating after the swim, everything tasted awful. A bite of a PowerBar was like chewing cardboard, and the gels weren't tasting too good either. Plus, they were handing out Gatorade Endurance, and the high sodium content makes that a rather nasty taste. I've got long runs the next two weekends (19 and 20 miles), so I'll be playing around with the caloric intake a bit.
Yeah... that's why I'm a big fan of trying different stuff out as much as possible, especially the stuff that's going to be available race day.My IM, I had 3 meal plans- ended up at plan "D" after I couldn't drink another sip at mile 80 on the bike of the IM Cocktail (Accelerade, CarboPro, Amino Vitale) I had been training with for over a month. Ended up forcing down a turkey sandwich on the bike, pretzels and any other salty things I could find on the run course (including a handful of salt). Also ended up in the med-tent afterwards.Do you guys use caffeine too?

Found a lower gear and did 5mi in 48min today. :rant: A bit of I-T ache after about 3mi. I'm going to have to find me a nice flat course, as apparently these sloped canal banks are the culprits to my I-T. I've been trying to keep an eye on my stride, and look for the flattest part of the banks, but I guess I need to watch it a bit closer.In any event, it's going great! :yes:I'm more of a Strawberry/Strawberry-Banana PowerGel person, mainly because it's been a TNT sponsor and we got 'em for free. :D I haven't found a chocolate that I like, of any brand. It's like trying to choke down pudding during a run. :yucky:
That is REALLY great news! :eek:

The juxtaposition of these two items is...interesting... :pics:
:bag: It's actually "Balls Puffy" right now, which I guess, technically, is balls out!
As I'm sitting here w/ ice on my nads, I am actually numbnuts! My wife has affectionately called me that since the "procedure." The thought of being on a bike right now is incomprehensible. I'm passing this year, but it is something I really want to do in the future. I'd hate to slow you guys down, and probably need to talk the wife into letting me get a second bike to do so. She'll need a bike soon as well, as she's doing her first tri at the end of April. I'm pretty confident she'll get the bug = she gets a bike, and I get a bike?!

The juxtaposition of these two items is...interesting... :whistle:
:pickle: It's actually "Balls Puffy" right now, which I guess, technically, is balls out!
What is?

The juxtaposition of these two items is...interesting... :whistle:
:pickle: It's actually "Balls Puffy" right now, which I guess, technically, is balls out!
What is?
HH 100

The juxtaposition of these two items is...interesting... :mellow:
:banned: It's actually "Balls Puffy" right now, which I guess, technically, is balls out!
As I'm sitting here w/ ice on my nads, I am actually numbnuts! My wife has affectionately called me that since the "procedure." The thought of being on a bike right now is incomprehensible. I'm passing this year, but it is something I really want to do in the future. I'd hate to slow you guys down, and probably need to talk the wife into letting me get a second bike to do so. She'll need a bike soon as well, as she's doing her first tri at the end of April. I'm pretty confident she'll get the bug = she gets a bike, and I get a bike?!
scared huh?

The Hal Higdon training models are really good. While I have a strong training background (from my triathlons), I'm working toward my first marathon. HH is set up well. Are you in Chicago? Running on the lakefront? The marathoners are really out in force through the late summer on the lakefront trails.
Actually I am in Iowa. Glad the surgery went well.

Back on track after a really off week last week. I was able to run 5k on Tuesday night and was at 3.5 tonight and felt really good at the end of the run. I will probably only get 1 run in this weekend as a GB is having kid #3 tomorrow and I will be watching his first 2 and my 2 all weekend. That guy will do anything to watch hoops in peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
GU guy also... :banned:
:coffee:

I've never liked Hammer products- not enough electrolytes (I sweat a lot and high mineral content) and they make me sick.But- you are very right to point out that it works for you. I'm a big fan of trying everything out (race checkins are good places to get free samples) to see what works on an individual basis.

After sorting out the nutrititional differences (which are fairly minimal), it's all about finding the gel/drink/bar you're going to want to eat and are capable of digesting on race day.
I have to take Hammer's endurolyte tablets for electrolytes from olympic distance to full IM. I agree with you that what works for one person may not work for another...particularly the longer the distance.

I like your point of trying everything out....well before race day. Train your stomach and practice race nutrition well before race day. Don't try anything new during the race.

Back on track after a really off week last week. I was able to run 5k on Tuesday night and was at 3.5 tonight and felt really good at the end of the run. I will probably only get 1 run in this weekend as a GB is having kid #3 tomorrow and I will be watching his first 2 and my 2 all weekend. That guy will do anything to watch hoops in peace.
Take the kids to the local high school track with you. Bring some dog collars and leashes, and stake 'em out at the 50yd line. Run a few miles on the track, and you're golden. :loco:

Things are going well here, but I'm still not sure I'll be able to run 13.1 miles by the end of May. I'm up to 6 now, but that's on the treadmill. I wish it would warm up here. I thought about running a 5k here on Saturday, but it's just too damn cold.

Things are going well here, but I'm still not sure I'll be able to run 13.1 miles by the end of May. I'm up to 6 now, but that's on the treadmill. I wish it would warm up here. I thought about running a 5k here on Saturday, but it's just too damn cold.
Schmegma, don't make me run alone in Madison! The weather will continue to break and you'll get outside soon. Six miles on the treadmill should quickly translate into more miles outside, where you get more scenery and distractions. Consider: If you hit the end of March doing seven miles, then adding a mile a week to your long run will get you to thirteen miles by the second week of May. More likely than not, you'll be able to get ahead of this pace. Don't worry about missing some week days (as I saw on your blog). You can do well with a few weekday workouts and then longer training on the weekends.See you in Madison, buddy.

Schmegma, don't make me run alone in Madison! The weather will continue to break and you'll get outside soon. Six miles on the treadmill should quickly translate into more miles outside, where you get more scenery and distractions. Consider: If you hit the end of March doing seven miles, then adding a mile a week to your long run will get you to thirteen miles by the second week of May. More likely than not, you'll be able to get ahead of this pace. Don't worry about missing some week days (as I saw on your blog). You can do well with a few weekday workouts and then longer training on the weekends.See you in Madison, buddy.
Yeah, the only thing that will keep me from running the half marathon in late May is an injury, and that's one thing I'm working very hard to prevent. I'm actually right on track with my training plan, so I'm sure going 13 miles won't be a problem. It just seems so far away when I'm only up to 6 and that distance is about enough to kill me!I do love running, though. I wish I'd gotten back into this 5-10 years ago rather than 9 months ago. Now if I could only get my wife to understand how much I love racing on the weekends. We just had a big argument about that. She pretty much hates everything that I love just so she can make my life hell.

Schmegma said:
tri-man 47 said:
Schmegma said:
Yeah, the only thing that will keep me from running the half marathon in late May is an injury, and that's one thing I'm working very hard to prevent. I'm actually right on track with my training plan, so I'm sure going 13 miles won't be a problem. It just seems so far away when I'm only up to 6 and that distance is about enough to kill me!I do love running, though. I wish I'd gotten back into this 5-10 years ago rather than 9 months ago. Now if I could only get my wife to understand how much I love racing on the weekends. We just had a big argument about that. She pretty much hates everything that I love just so she can make my life hell.
You are going to rock out that 1/2m... and don't forget- it's not just 13 miles, it's 13.1 miles!I hope you're kidding, at least a little bit about that last paragraph?I went through some drama with my wife when I got into triathlons, especially the IM training. It became an issue of priorities for her- that I was prioritizing my workouts and races over her, which didn't make her feel so great about us or the relationship. The IM training, I'd be getting up before 5 on Sat and Sun and then out for workouts (including commute time) from 2 to 10 hours. This meant I had to take it easy Fri&Sat night (always leaving the party early, no-drinking) and was usually pretty exhausted during the day from my workout. Not much fun for her. Even the 1/2 IM training was equivalent- shorter workouts, but I was proportionally less fit training for my first one, so the weekends were the same.When we finally got to the point where we understood what the problem was, I promised to do my best to have my time with her, especially on the weekends, be "quality" time- not "rest" time inbetween workouts. I also did my best to explain to her how happy all of the training and racing made me, which she could see pretty easily. Beyond the endorphins from the workouts, I was feeling better about my body (so was she) and better about myself in making a realizing all these goals. A happy me meant a happier us- so that wasn't such a hard sell. The hardest part was giving "quality" time to her... it meant staying out a little later than I would have liked and drinking more coffee and spending more time on my feet than I would have liked just to have an active weekend with the woman I loved. But I do/did love her, so it was worth it. GL!

LOL Deep down, my wife loves me, but she doesn't care much about spending time with me. She's got her things, and I've got mine. So I'm pretty free and clear to do my training without any complaints from her. On summer weekends, I often get back from an early 3-4 hour bike ride before she's even up and going. For races, she has no interest in attending. My daughter comes along, and that's fine with all of us.

You'd think that our significant others would be pleased, as just noted above, that we're in great shape and strong of mind. I think the fitter I get, the more my wife lets herself gets out of shape. :sleep:

My 1st wife never came to any of my races - not a one. She could'nt have cared less. I got another wife...She loves to participate in my racing activities!

:bag:

It's been 10 days since my last confession...

4 runs last week, including running outside Sat (almost 9) and Sun (6). Weather was pretty good both days - my Sat run was a little random because one part of the running path was flooded and another was covered over by 6 inches of mushy snow, so had to improvise my route. Sunday I stuck to my regular 6 mile path. This is probably the most frustrating time of year to run in Chicago, IMO.

2 treadmill runs this week - planning 2 runs for the weekend (10 and 6).

This weekend will complete 6 weeks of training. I'll report in next Wed, but I'll be just over 100 miles and probably 4 or 5 pounds lost. Less than I would have expected, but still progress in the right direction.

Sports Authority has had Brooks Adrenaline 6 shoes on sale for $45 this week - I picked up a pair and may go back for another. I now have three pairs of Brooks in rotation (2 for outside and one for the treadmill).

I'm in the same boat as Floppo and Schmegma with my wife regarding my training. She is not a fan of my long weekend runs, although I have been doing them during afternoon nap time so far. As the weather gets warmer, it will become more of an issue unless I'm out the door by 6am & back before the kids have breakfast.

... Madison, eh?...

Sports Authority has had Brooks Adrenaline 6 shoes on sale for $45 this week - I picked up a pair and may go back for another. I now have three pairs of Brooks in rotation (2 for outside and one for the treadmill).
How do these compare to the "Adrenaline GTS 5" (well, that's what it says on the tongue) model? I need to replace my shoes, and figgered I'd just go back to the same place and get the same shoes, for twice the $ale price you mentioned. If these are comparable (maybe they have an extra racing stripe, and they stamped a 6 instead of a 5?), then I'd much rather save money. :excited:

I'm lucky I guess. My wife is the one who got me into racing in the first place. Up until last summer, I was on a regular 3 miles 3x per week schedule, which was fine for keeping the weight off. She was doing about 12-15 miles per week and running occasional area 5Ks and 10Ks. Finally one day last summer she twisted my arm and convinced me to join her for a 5K, and liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

We don't run together very often, but we're currently training for the same event (she's doing the half, I'm doing the full). We don't have a ton of common interests otherwise, so this at least gives us something to talk about besides work.

How do these compare to the "Adrenaline GTS 5" (well, that's what it says on the tongue) model? I need to replace my shoes, and figgered I'd just go back to the same place and get the same shoes, for twice the $ale price you mentioned. If these are comparable (maybe they have an extra racing stripe, and they stamped a 6 instead of a 5?), then I'd much rather save money. :D
I think they're pretty comparable, but I'm not sure. I ran in them for 3.5 miles on the treadmill and they felt good - I'm 200 lbs and look for stability & cushioning in a shoe. The sale is 50% off and I think ends tomorrow (Sat). Check out brooksrunning dot com - I didn't even see the GTS 5 listed, so I'm guessing that's no longer in production. There is a GTS 7, so maybe that's why the 6 is on sale. My other pairs are the Trance model, which are about $130. So I'd be pretty happy if this pair works out!

I'd like to get my wife into running with me, but she's afraid of giving herself black eyes. I can't seem to convince her that today's sports bra technology is WAY better than it was 100 years ago. :missing:

She's probably also afraid that she'd have to give up smoking at some point as well. :D

At any rate, she supports me and comes out for my races (yeah, like I was going to go to Dublin for a marathon without her!). She and our daughters even chased me around the course at PF Chang's this past January, seeing me off at the start and then meeting me at 5, 10, 20, and the finish. :lmao:

Check out brooksrunning dot com - I didn't even see the GTS 5 listed, so I'm guessing that's no longer in production. There is a GTS 7, so maybe that's why the 6 is on sale. My other pairs are the Trance model, which are about $130. So I'd be pretty happy if this pair works out!
Yeah, looks like the 6 is SO last month. :goodposting: lol Even brooksrunning has them on sale down to $63. Another site lists them as "closeout".Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check out SA. :(

RustyFA - if you're in Iowa, why are you doing the Chicago Marathon, may I ask? Buyer beware: it's an absolute zoo. It's, like, 40,000 people, and even late in the race, it's curb to curb people. It takes more than thirty minutes to even get everyone across the starting line. It's an event more than a "race." I suppose it can be a neat way to see the Chicago neighborhoods, and some folks enjoy the big event. But as a runner, it's not my cup of tea. I was actually eyeing the Des Moines marathon before ending up on a spring marathon schedule. But hey, not to discourage you ... :wall: If nothing else, you do get a lot of crowd support through most of the race.

RustyFA - if you're in Iowa, why are you doing the Chicago Marathon, may I ask? Buyer beware: it's an absolute zoo. It's, like, 40,000 people, and even late in the race, it's curb to curb people. It takes more than thirty minutes to even get everyone across the starting line. It's an event more than a "race." I suppose it can be a neat way to see the Chicago neighborhoods, and some folks enjoy the big event. But as a runner, it's not my cup of tea. I was actually eyeing the Des Moines marathon before ending up on a spring marathon schedule. But hey, not to discourage you ... :excited: If nothing else, you do get a lot of crowd support through most of the race.
I've done Chicago 4 times, and been an observer once. While Tri-man's comments are accurate about the field of runners (I think about 33k finished last year), it is an absolutely unbelievable event to participate in. Crowds 3 and 4 people deep through a lot of the course (not by US Cellular Field, but they pick back up as you get further north), lots of bands, great course through Chicago neighborhoods - as he said, it's an event. There is a huge energy you experience. If you're looking to set a PR, it can be tough if you start too far back. The first couple of miles are slow if you're in the main pack (ie looking for a 4:00 - 4:30 finish time). But if you're looking to finish your first marathon, I think this might be ideal - there is so much support out there to will you across the finish line.

Rusty - be careful with your training leading up to week 18 (official training program kickoff). In the past I've peaked too early for Chicago because I started putting in a lot of miles in the spring. You need to be on your game when you start hitting those high-mileage weekend runs!!

tdtg said:
I have to take Hammer's endurolyte tablets for electrolytes from olympic distance to full IM.

I agree with you that what works for one person may not work for another...particularly the longer the distance.

I like your point of trying everything out....well before race day. Train your stomach and practice race nutrition well before race day. Don't try anything new during the race.
From what I recall, there were some uncertainties about how much electrolytes each pill carried, as they recommended a wide range of them per hour. I tried them, but had to take too many to keep properly salted.I moved on to Lava Salts- more in each pill, and I think they were more clearly labeled per pill. 1 every 30-45 minutes depending on how hot it is. Have you tried those? How about Crank E-gels instead of Gu or the others? The E-gels have the most electrolytes and calories if you're a salty sweater like me.

I tell you what stepping up from 4x to 5x a week of 90 minute rides is hard. I get bad case of dead legs about two rides a week now.

Schmegma said:
tri-man 47 said:
Schmegma said:
ouch. Although my wife yelled at me the other day when I was running on the treadmill. Somethinig about "I don't know who you are doing this for" and "what are you trying to prove." Turns out she was just mad because I was exercising and she was not. Wimmen.Ran 2.75 this morning. God that was the suck. I really need it to warm back up so I can run outside. 30 minutes on a treadmill is just boring.

Users who are viewing this thread