What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (1 Viewer)

Nailed it. First 5 at 7:38 avg, next 5 at 7:20, next 5 at 6:59, last 5 at 6:44. Got a little dicey heading uphill around mile 16-17, but I was able to pull it together heading back downhill to the finish, going 6:42/6:39/6:36 for miles 18-20.

Very much looking forward now to the taper.

And whoever said it was right...definitely didn't wear the headband. 45° to start, went singlet, shorts, and gloves (which I wore the whole time).
Whatta about dem new shoes?  (Outstanding run btw) 🤠

Nailed it. First 5 at 7:38 avg, next 5 at 7:20, next 5 at 6:59, last 5 at 6:44. Got a little dicey heading uphill around mile 16-17, but I was able to pull it together heading back downhill to the finish, going 6:42/6:39/6:36 for miles 18-20.

Very much looking forward now to the taper.

And whoever said it was right...definitely didn't wear the headband. 45° to start, went singlet, shorts, and gloves (which I wore the whole time).
That was me on the headband.  

i wear headband when temps are in 30’s and I’m running easy.

therefore you should wear it when it’s 40 below if you are running hard. 😀

great run BTW!

Last edited by a moderator:
My DBAP effort today.  Cold AF.  Windy AF.  Postholing in shorts.  But getting to the summit needed to be done!

And then I high-centered the car on a snowbank in the parking lot (dumb AF).  

Gotta love October in the Canadian Rockies.
This group has a bunch of bad mother####ers. We also have a guy who is a #BMF but also a nutbag mother####er.

That would be you running in that crazy Canadian environment.

Here’s to a #BMF AND #NBMF.  :banned:

Looks like @xulf negative split like a boss, too. Smoking finish for his last mile.
Just so consistent and then smashed the end! Awesome stuff. 

They obviously had issues with that 15k timing mat. I was a little worried for him based on the tracking... but strava shows he crushed it! 

The Great GO! St. Louis Halloween Race - 2019:
    GM's BH crossed the 10.6 Miles at 09:02
    Course time: 01:28:34
    Pace: 08:22 min/m

Slowing down but also had an uphill section. One more steep but short climb at mile 11 then home free. Hope she can hold on and finish strong. 

I'm worried she went out too quick :(

The Great GO! St. Louis Halloween Race - 2019:
    GM's BH crossed the Finish at 09:24
    Course time: 01:51:01
    Pace: 08:28 min/mi

Got in under her goal but will see how she feels about it. Still a great race for her and a PR.

Thanks for the comments everyone.  Something was clearly jacked up on the splits.

Feeling super awesome about the race.  That was pretty much everything I had and it was definitely faster than what I thought I could do...they try to break you in mile 11-12 with some hills, but once that was over, I let it go on the downhill.  I figured if I tripped, I would just roll across the finish.

My wife also beat her time from last year by 14 minutes...so we are feeling happy in our household...and in some pain.

Thanks for the comments everyone.  Something was clearly jacked up on the splits.

Feeling super awesome about the race.  That was pretty much everything I had and it was definitely faster than what I thought I could do...they try to break you in mile 11-12 with some hills, but once that was over, I let it go on the downhill.  I figured if I tripped, I would just roll across the finish.

My wife also beat her time from last year by 14 minutes...so we are feeling happy in our household...and in some pain.
Congrats to you and Mrs. @xulf!  Awesome time and great effort!

Did I miss it and @tri-man 47 PR'd his 5K this morning?!  Could be just a Strava PR but an impressive time nonetheless (20:16)!
No, no ..no PR.  'Young Tri' PR was 18:08 a few decades ago.  "Old Tri' PR (in these twelve years of primarily run focus) is 20:03 from seven years ago.

20:26 (6:35/mi) is the official time today (6:37; 6:34; 6:28).  1st in AG by a couple of minutes; 23rd overall out of 600-700 or so.  This was my best 5K in six years, however, and I'm pleased with that.  I ran hard, but the Vaporflys clearly made this relatively effortless.  HR averaged around 147.  Toward the end, I could feel the legs being a little wobbly, and so short race leg strength was probably the limiting factor today.  Now I'm truly in taper time!!!!!

PS, I dont know how you maniacs do a full.  Something wrong with you people  :mellow:
I thought the same thing during my first half. The full marathoners split from us, and in my head I was like, there is something seriously wrong with those people. Fast forward 2 years later, and I was one of those people. I was looking at the half marathoners thinking what a bunch of #######! You’ll get there soon enough.

:pickle: :pickle:

High-mileage part of training is done.  Now comes the harder part.  The I-want-to-eat-all-the-food-but-I'm-not-running-enough-volume-to-justify-eating-all-the-food part of training.   :wall:

High-mileage part of training is done.  Now comes the harder part.  The I-want-to-eat-all-the-food-but-I'm-not-running-enough-volume-to-justify-eating-all-the-food part of training.   :wall:
You need to check out the Otis diet thread and just do what he does.  You will for sure maintain a healthy weight.

Are you going to cut down to 50 and 35 miles the last two weeks like you did last time you ran this race? 

Are you going to cut down to 50 and 35 miles the last two weeks like you did last time you ran this race? 
42 miles this week coming off two straight weeks with 60+ miles.  Don't have my training schedule yet for the next two weeks, so I'm not quite sure yet.  I'd imagine it would be similar.

I'll have my last hard workout mid-next week.

Shoes are solid! I’ve got 43 miles on them now, so on the shelf they go until race day!
Had a pair of the white ones waiting for me when I returned to the office 👍 - definitely sitting in them now and I feel fast. 

I’ll use these to see how they go and they seem like a bridge the @JShare87flys that my legs will be more likely to accept than going straight into them. Then it’s a matter of deciding whether a partially crushed gravel path is a smart course to try to VaporFly on or wait till spring. 

Anyone else’s Strava route history get pruned?

ETA: nm. My route yesterday was slightly different 

Users who are viewing this thread