What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Random funny/fascinating/cool/odd stuff: the other white meat... snake?? (3 Viewers)

A gibbon who lived alone in her cage had a baby. Japanese zookeepers finally know how​

Now two years later, following a DNA test on her baby, the zoo has worked out who the father is -- and even has a theory about how the gibbons mated.

The test showed the father to be Itō, a 34-year-old agile gibbon, who was in an adjacent enclosure to Momo around the time she became pregnant.

The zoo told CNN on Friday it believed that Momo and Itō had managed to mate through a small hole in a steel plate between their enclosures. The hole measured about 9 millimeters (0.3 inch) in diameter.

Glory holes, I had no idea they were so well known.

https://www.wtaj.com/news/regional-news/sex-doll-mistaken-for-human-remains-in-pennsylvania

Creepy ending to this article.

According to Tunkhannock Township Police, on February 12, police were dispatched to a creek along State Route 307 in Overfield Township where two people found what they thought were human remains in a bag when they walked down to retrieve a ball from a creek. At the scene, police say a black plastic bag with an “extremely lifelike” human foot sticking out of it was discovered. The foot was said to be highly detailed, complete with a French manicure.

The Wyoming County Coroner and Pennsylvania State Police were called to the scene where, upon opening the bag, the remains in question were determined to be an anatomically correct child-sized sex doll, as stated by police.

This sounds like a Far Side cartoon.
And it has pictures of cows looking at an upside-down plane in a pasture.

Lahman, a pilot of more than 60 years, told News4JAX that he was taking a small aircraft from Port St. Lucie to an airfield in Raleigh, North Carolina, and his intention was to stop in the Clay County area to refuel, but a GPS error put him away from the actual airstrip. As he went to put the plane down in a pasture, he said, the livestock rushed out in front of the plane, and in order to avoid them, the plane ended up flipping onto its roof.

Cool story about a Navy Lieutenant, one of the guys who helped avoid a Canadian nuclear disaster.

Fuel rods at the research reactor experienced a partial meltdown after the power surge. It ruptured the reactor and flooded the facility's basement with radioactive water, rendering the reactor core unusable.

In his 2015 autobiography, "A Full Life: Reflections At Ninety," Carter described the incident and his preparations for repairing the reactor. They built an exact replica of the reactor, true to the last detail (except the actual nuclear material) on a nearby tennis court to practice and track their progress.

Carter and his 22 other team members were separated into teams of three and lowered into the reactor for 90-second intervals to clean the site. It was estimated that a minute-and-a-half was the maximum time humans could be exposed to the levels of radiation present in the area.

It was still too much, especially by today's standards. The future president had radioactive urine for months after the cleanup. "We were fairly well-instructed then on what nuclear power was, but for about six months after that, I had radioactivity in my urine," Carter told CNN in 2008. "They let us get probably a thousand times more radiation than they would now. It was in the early stages, and they didn't know."
Jimmy Carter.

Pilot thought instructor who died inflight was ‘just pretending’

Yikes.
Shortly after takeoff, the instructor’s head rolled back. As the two pilots knew each other well, the co-pilot thought his companion was “just pretending to take a nap” while he completed the circuit, the report said. When the plane turned around, the instructor slumped over so that his head rested on the co-pilot’s shoulder, but again the pilot still thought a joke was being played on him. After landing safely with the instructor still resting on his shoulder and not responding, the pilot realized something was wrong and alerted airport emergency services who were unable to revive the instructor.

Remote kissing device recently invented by a Chinese university student. The device is designed specifically for long-distance relationships and can mimic and transfer the kiss of a person to the "mouth on the other side"
https://www.reddit.com/r/interestin...remote_kissing_device_recently_invented_by_a/
This should be a big help with China trying to get everyone to have babies. :<_<:

Remote kissing device recently invented by a Chinese university student. The device is designed specifically for long-distance relationships and can mimic and transfer the kiss of a person to the "mouth on the other side"
Hey, back off. Not on the first date.

This one is scary but somehow funny to me. The part that gets me every time is after just getting out of the way, the officer doesn't even stop to take a breath, change his pants, or whatever. He was milliseconds from getting run over. I think you are entitled to a minute or two when you have an NDE like that. Instead, he just turns around and starts trudging toward the truck, like oh well, I guess I gotta talk to this guy now. Awesome

Possibly Invincible Super Pigs Invading US

When did Popular Mechanics get this low? Anyway, the pigs are a cross between domestic pigs and wild boars.

Originally crossbred to help farmed pigs grow larger and tolerate the cold temperatures of Canada, a drop in the market about two decades ago led some farmers to let their hybrid pigs run free. Now they’re running very free, according to Field and Stream. The super pigs are coming south, likely heading to Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, and Michigan.
Fortunately there is a place where you can report Super Pigs, if you perhaps see them near your local Costco or at intersections disobeying traffic signals.

SQUEALONPIGS

Possibly Invincible Super Pigs Invading US

When did Popular Mechanics get this low? Anyway, the pigs are a cross between domestic pigs and wild boars.

Originally crossbred to help farmed pigs grow larger and tolerate the cold temperatures of Canada, a drop in the market about two decades ago led some farmers to let their hybrid pigs run free. Now they’re running very free, according to Field and Stream. The super pigs are coming south, likely heading to Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, and Michigan.
Fortunately there is a place where you can report Super Pigs, if you perhaps see them near your local Costco or at intersections disobeying traffic signals.

SQUEALONPIGS
Good work, I never get boared with wild pig stories.

Video demonstrating the mini drones the US military, and others, are using. These things are crazy.

I feel like the advances in drones have been insane, it's like I blinked and they went from toys to essential equipment in a dozen industries.

Maybe not a cure but I can stop them right away and teach others how.

Take a deep breath, Exhale but immediately stop and hold the muscle that you just used to stop the exhale for as long as you can.

You’re welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread