What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Randy Moss Waived (confirmed) (1 Viewer)

:kicksrock:

Sonic boom emanating from the state is the sound of all the "true vikings fans" jumping off the bandwagon. At least the tickets shouldn't be so hard to find once again. Sure we'll have some holes and this year is over, but really it's not all doom and gloom, "lol you're ancient now because Brett and Pat Williams is gone." If we can find a franchise QB, a decent HC, and a other role players to partially step up then we're back to dominating.

To anyone trying to say that they actually saw this happening before the season started...GFYS.

I can flip a coin and be right half the time too, but don't be that guy running around screaming, "LOOK, LOOK, I TOLD YOU IT WOULD BE TAILS!"
Clifford did.

:bag:

Sonic boom emanating from the state is the sound of all the "true vikings fans" jumping off the bandwagon. At least the tickets shouldn't be so hard to find once again. Sure we'll have some holes and this year is over, but really it's not all doom and gloom, "lol you're ancient now because Brett and Pat Williams is gone." If we can find a franchise QB, a decent HC, and a other role players to partially step up then we're back to dominating.

To anyone trying to say that they actually saw this happening before the season started...GFYS.

I can flip a coin and be right half the time too, but don't be that guy running around screaming, "LOOK, LOOK, I TOLD YOU IT WOULD BE TAILS!"
:kicksrock: :lmao:

:lmao:

Clifford did.
:kicksrock:

:kicksrock: Sonic boom emanating from the state is the sound of all the "true vikings fans" jumping off the bandwagon. At least the tickets shouldn't be so hard to find once again. Sure we'll have some holes and this year is over, but really it's not all doom and gloom, "lol you're ancient now because Brett and Pat Williams is gone." If we can find a franchise QB, a decent HC, and a other role players to partially step up then we're back to dominating.
That's pretty much total BS. Most Vikings fans I know will enthusiastically cheer the team on week 17 even if they're 2-13 at that point. Are we concerned about the way this season started? #### yeah we are! But that doesn't change the fact that just about every Vikes fan I know will continue to wear purple and cheer them on at every possible opportunity. The Vikings fans on this board are a poor representation of the majority.

:bag: Sonic boom emanating from the state is the sound of all the "true vikings fans" jumping off the bandwagon. At least the tickets shouldn't be so hard to find once again. Sure we'll have some holes and this year is over, but really it's not all doom and gloom, "lol you're ancient now because Brett and Pat Williams is gone." If we can find a franchise QB, a decent HC, and a other role players to partially step up then we're back to dominating.
That's pretty much total BS. Most Vikings fans I know will enthusiastically cheer the team on week 17 even if they're 2-13 at that point. Are we concerned about the way this season started? #### yeah we are! But that doesn't change the fact that just about every Vikes fan I know will continue to wear purple and cheer them on at every possible opportunity. The Vikings fans on this board are a poor representation of the majority.
:thumbup: Every Vikings fan I know has been a fan for pretty much their whole lives, even and especially the ones who don't live in MN. Every team has "bandwagon fans" Heck I NEVER heard of a Patriots fan until Brady got there and now all of the sudden a bunch of my co-workers are Saints fans who never said anything about the Saints before last year. Give me a break with your "Vikings fans are all bandwagon fans BS. I live in Cincinnati and you want to talk bandwagon fans...

:bag: Sonic boom emanating from the state is the sound of all the "true vikings fans" jumping off the bandwagon. At least the tickets shouldn't be so hard to find once again. Sure we'll have some holes and this year is over, but really it's not all doom and gloom, "lol you're ancient now because Brett and Pat Williams is gone." If we can find a franchise QB, a decent HC, and a other role players to partially step up then we're back to dominating.
this guy knows. kudos to you good man. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not gong to abandon the Vikings because of what is going on but I will continue to call for Brad Childress to be fired. I have seen enough. He is not a leader and we have known for a long time that he is not a great football mind. Please, Wilf, fire him. I need something to pin my hope on and as long as Childress is there I have no hope. None.

:goodposting: Sonic boom emanating from the state is the sound of all the "true vikings fans" jumping off the bandwagon. At least the tickets shouldn't be so hard to find once again. Sure we'll have some holes and this year is over, but really it's not all doom and gloom, "lol you're ancient now because Brett and Pat Williams is gone." If we can find a franchise QB, a decent HC, and a other role players to partially step up then we're back to dominating.
Minn is not out of this, look at their schedule.

Looking back, this is typical stuff for the Vikings: Love Boat, Tice scalping tickets, whizzinator, starcaps, "missing" their turn at the draft, Favre, pretty much everything Moss did last time he was with Minny. I thought when the Wilfs took over and hired Childress they were all about bringing in character players.

Whenever something like this happens, I swear I'll stop being a Vikes fan but every season I give it another chance. Vikings fans have seen the bottom of the barrel (Spergon Wynn) and trust me, we're not there yet. We're fast approaching it though.

:goodposting:

So obviously you're a real fan that will be have the luxury of easily finding tickets once again. Grats for us!That being said, Minnesota is such a big bandwagon place and I can't fathom anyone arguing such an infalliblity. Where else do you see fans leaving a Twins game in en masse in the 7th & 8th when the team is down by a run or two so they can beat the traffic? I mean I hate the volume of cars on the road at 10pm as much as the next guy, but c'mon!

I wonder how the people feel about ensuring our team doesn't run to LA? Oh yeah they were just polled on that and they resoundingly said, "I don't care." Minnesotans on a new stadium

Looking back, this is typical stuff for the Vikings: Love Boat, Tice scalping tickets, whizzinator, starcaps, "missing" their turn at the draft, Favre, pretty much everything Moss did last time he was with Minny. I thought when the Wilfs took over and hired Childress they were all about bringing in character players. Whenever something like this happens, I swear I'll stop being a Vikes fan but every season I give it another chance. Vikings fans have seen the bottom of the barrel (Spergon Wynn) and trust me, we're not there yet. We're fast approaching it though.
Hey man don't ever give up on yourteam. If there are still Lions fansyou can hang on with the Vikings.

:coffee:

So obviously you're a real fan that will be have the luxury of easily finding tickets once again. Grats for us!That being said, Minnesota is such a big bandwagon place and I can't fathom anyone arguing such an infalliblity. Where else do you see fans leaving a Twins game in en masse in the 7th & 8th when the team is down by a run or two so they can beat the traffic? I mean I hate the volume of cars on the road at 10pm as much as the next guy, but c'mon!

I wonder how the people feel about ensuring our team doesn't run to LA? Oh yeah they were just polled on that and they resoundingly said, "I don't care." Minnesotans on a new stadium
Wow they polled a whole 1200 people... guess that says it all.

This waiver things is not official yet...

I think the cherry on top would be the higher ups in Minnesota (meaning veteran players) saying "F! you Wilf! Fire Childress, keep Moss, and we'll get you a decent draft pick as we win four more games to finish 6-10.

The waiver thing is not official...yet.

Looking back, this is typical stuff for the Vikings: Love Boat, Tice scalping tickets, whizzinator, starcaps, "missing" their turn at the draft, Favre, pretty much everything Moss did last time he was with Minny. I thought when the Wilfs took over and hired Childress they were all about bringing in character players. Whenever something like this happens, I swear I'll stop being a Vikes fan but every season I give it another chance. Vikings fans have seen the bottom of the barrel (Spergon Wynn) and trust me, we're not there yet. We're fast approaching it though.
Hey man don't ever give up on yourteam. If there are still Lions fansyou can hang on with the Vikings.
We Bronco fans should know....the Broncs are approaching the bottom fast and bracing for the crash. Maybe we can team with the Vikes fans and find a rope for Chili and McDummie both. One end for each, draped over the goal posts.

This waiver things is not official yet...I think the cherry on top would be the higher ups in Minnesota (meaning veteran players) saying "F! you Wilf! Fire Childress, keep Moss, and we'll get you a decent draft pick as we win four more games to finish 6-10.The waiver thing is not official...yet.
What I don't get is that the players don't like it, at least some of management's against it, the owners don't like it, yet Chilly's saying it's a done deal. :thumbup:It's like when the family, the cops, and the car owner all tell Granny not to drive but she's somehow got the keys and she's walking out to the car as fast as her orthopedic stockings will carry her and she's bound and determined to head off to Bingo, cataracts be damned.Would somebody PLEASE take the keys from Grandma Chilly???

Didn't moss get a lot of credit for a firey halftime speech just a few weeks ago with the Vikings? Chilly seems out of touch and out of his mind.

This waiver things is not official yet...I think the cherry on top would be the higher ups in Minnesota (meaning veteran players) saying "F! you Wilf! Fire Childress, keep Moss, and we'll get you a decent draft pick as we win four more games to finish 6-10.The waiver thing is not official...yet.
What I don't get is that the players don't like it, at least some of management's against it, the owners don't like it, yet Chilly's saying it's a done deal. :lmao:It's like when the family, the cops, and the car owner all tell Granny not to drive but she's somehow got the keys and she's walking out to the car as fast as her orthopedic stockings will carry her and she's bound and determined to head off to Bingo, cataracts be damned.Would somebody PLEASE take the keys from Grandma Chilly???
Apparently, the decision to waive Moss was that of Brad Childress', and his alone. The other two-thirds of the Vikings' decision-making team, GM Rick Spielman and Rob Brzezinski (VP of football operations), only learned of the plans to waive Moss when the NFL Network reported it. The three are supposed to have an equal say in personnel decisions. There has been no official word from the team, and reportedly Moss and Moss' agent have not yet been informed of a release. According to NFLN's Jason La Canfora, "not all in the organization were on board with the move."In short: Brad Childress told his team they would be releasing Randy Moss. But they haven't actually done so ... yet.

Monday afternoon, it was reported by NFL Network's Michael Lombardi that the Vikings had released Randy Moss, just one month after trading for him. And then things got interesting.

According to multiple reports, Moss was not listed on Monday's waiver sheet, meaning he has not yet officially been released. The Vikings can still decide to release Moss, but as of Monday at 6 P.M. ET, that move had not happened yet.

What I don't get is that the players don't like it, at least some of management's against it, the owners don't like it, yet Chilly's saying it's a done deal. :lmao:It's like when the family, the cops, and the car owner all tell Granny not to drive but she's somehow got the keys and she's walking out to the car as fast as her orthopedic stockings will carry her and she's bound and determined to head off to Bingo, cataracts be damned.Would somebody PLEASE take the keys from Grandma Chilly???
Apparently, the decision to waive Moss was that of Brad Childress', and his alone. The other two-thirds of the Vikings' decision-making team, GM Rick Spielman and Rob Brzezinski (VP of football operations), only learned of the plans to waive Moss when the NFL Network reported it. The three are supposed to have an equal say in personnel decisions. There has been no official word from the team, and reportedly Moss and Moss' agent have not yet been informed of a release. According to NFLN's Jason La Canfora, "not all in the organization were on board with the move."In short: Brad Childress told his team they would be releasing Randy Moss. But they haven't actually done so ... yet.
In Short Brad Childress is acting as if he is an owner/gm/coach, when he is just a coach, and a pretty shoddy one at that.

Anyway I wake up tomorrow morning and I see headlines of "Wilf fires Chilly, Moss stays home." or something like that? Does the management or ownership get a hold of the ship so to speak?

Something to consider is, will teams want to take a chance on Moss and pick him up off waivers (assuming he is put on there)? You risk picking up his contract and then him being an unhappy and unproductive malcontent the rest of the season, because he longs to be back in New England. And would the Patriots even want him back? If so, will teams like the Jets and Dolphins just pass on him and let him waltz back there?

OK as a viking fan it's time make a wish. About the only way to top the absudnature of this whole mess is for the following to happen.

About 10 AM we need a report of Ziggy flying in to twin cities. With him aboard his private jet is Rrandy Moss. Upon their arrival at Winter Park,

Ziggy asks to meet with Leslie Frazier before saying hello to Chilly.

Ziggy... C'mon man. Do this for the fans and we will gladly build you a stadium.

what's with the few posts on this page. Everyone and their mother seemed to report he was cut.

Pats trade Moss to Vikings for 3rd round pick

Pats go 4-0 since trade, including a game vs Vikes in which Moss barely tries then waxes poetic about the great Pats after the loss

Vikings waive Moss.

Moss clears waivers, since Pats have last (#32) waiver priority they don't make a claim.

Vikings responsible for paying Moss remaining $3.2M 2010 salary

Pats sign Moss to free agent contract for league minimum for rest of season, essentially stuffing the Vikes with the cost of Moss for the balance of the season.

Pats keep Vikes 3rd round pick.

if Moss is playing for a new contract, why would he be jogging his routes or dogging it? That just doesn't make sense to me... :missing:

Eric said:
griff321 said:
:missing: I live in Wisconsin and have no problems wearing my jersey, t-shirts and jacket around town. True Viking fans don't give a bleep about what others say.. Childress sucks, and this team has no shot at winning anything or getting a stadium as long as he is the coach. But that doesn't mean I won't be cheering and throwing my Viking Foam brick at the T.V. come each and every Sunday. :no: :football:

Phurfur said:
Eric said:
griff321 said:
:no: Sonic boom emanating from the state is the sound of all the "true vikings fans" jumping off the bandwagon. At least the tickets shouldn't be so hard to find once again. Sure we'll have some holes and this year is over, but really it's not all doom and gloom, "lol you're ancient now because Brett and Pat Williams is gone." If we can find a franchise QB, a decent HC, and a other role players to partially step up then we're back to dominating.
:missing: been saying that in many threads. Very good chance they could be 9-7 or 10-6 with what is left on the schedule.Only issue is hoping Childress pulls his head out of his A## before it is too late.

griff321 said:
Eric said:
griff321 said:
:football:

Do you watch many games on TV :missing: Every single game I watch, short of the Packers who have no traffic to worry about :no: :bag: the crowds thin out near the end of the games.

This "Viking fans are bandwagon jumpers" is just stupid.. Every single state has their "true" fans and their "Band wagon Jumpers" Minnesota is no worse or better than any other state.

Pats trade Moss to Vikings for 3rd round pickPats go 4-0 since trade, including a game vs Vikes in which Moss barely tries then waxes poetic about the great Pats after the lossVikings waive Moss.Moss clears waivers, since Pats have last (#32) waiver priority they don't make a claim.Vikings responsible for paying Moss remaining $3.2M 2010 salaryPats sign Moss to free agent contract for league minimum for rest of season, essentially stuffing the Vikes with the cost of Moss for the balance of the season.Pats keep Vikes 3rd round pick.
Big dream here, as both the Phins and Seahawks have contacted Moss's agent about getting Moss IF he makes it to them on waivers.

Phurfur said:
Eric said:
griff321 said:

:lmao: been saying that in many threads. Very good chance they could be 9-7 or 10-6 with what is left on the schedule.Only issue is hoping Childress pulls his head out of his A## before it is too late.
Lost cause.

Phurfur said:
Eric said:
griff321 said:
:thumbup: Sonic boom emanating from the state is the sound of all the "true vikings fans" jumping off the bandwagon. At least the tickets shouldn't be so hard to find once again. Sure we'll have some holes and this year is over, but really it's not all doom and gloom, "lol you're ancient now because Brett and Pat Williams is gone." If we can find a franchise QB, a decent HC, and a other role players to partially step up then we're back to dominating.
:hifive: been saying that in many threads. Very good chance they could be 9-7 or 10-6 with what is left on the schedule.Only issue is hoping Childress pulls his head out of his A## before it is too late.
What about this team so far this year thinks they can win 8 of their last 9 games? Or even 7 of them?

Eric said:
griff321 said:

:goodposting: I live in Wisconsin and have no problems wearing my jersey, t-shirts and jacket around town. True Viking fans don't give a bleep about what others say..

Childress sucks, and this team has no shot at winning anything or getting a stadium as long as he is the coach.

But that doesn't mean I won't be cheering and throwing my Viking Foam brick at the T.V. come each and every Sunday. :football: :football:
Do they make those in Blue and Silver? That sounds like a good idea.

I'm not sure why, but nobody called Moss out on giving up on the pass interference play against New England. He didn't even make an effort to go after the ball. It looked like the ball was within reach but he absolutely didn't try. That led to the Vikings having to try run a play where Favre was busted on the chin. Plays like that are what make me glad Chilly waived him. Why would any team want somebody that doesn't really care about the team?

Personally, I think Moss will never sniff a Super Bowl again after his latest behavior. I guess the Pats could possibly get him back but even if he clears waivers, why would they want him? They're winning with out him and all he is a cancer to the team. If anybody saw the Pats-Dolphins game, the whole Pats team was pumped up after the victory, but Randy looked like his dog died. He didn't care that his team won, he cared that Randy didn't have a big game.

It's funny but I think it's actually a worse reflection upon Childress that he screwed up the waiver process than it is that he decided to rid the team of Moss. Why? He's an experienced NFL coach and is in primary control of personnel. He certainly has to know the waiver rules. We also know that there was no particular incident yesterday that prompted quick action, such as Moss assaulting him or something.

What that tells me is that this was an impulsive decision that he made, without much preparation or any sort of plan. This was an amateurish decision by a desperate coach who is losing (has lost?) his grip on his team and who decided to "make a statement".

This version of Moss - the pouting, loafing malcontent - can't be seen as much of an asset for any team right now, so waiving him isn't absurd to me. Childress handling this situation as he has, however, is absurd and reflects extremely poorly on him.

I'm not sure why, but nobody called Moss out on giving up on the pass interference play against New England. He didn't even make an effort to go after the ball. It looked like the ball was within reach but he absolutely didn't try. That led to the Vikings having to try run a play where Favre was busted on the chin. Plays like that are what make me glad Chilly waived him. Why would any team want somebody that doesn't really care about the team?Personally, I think Moss will never sniff a Super Bowl again after his latest behavior. I guess the Pats could possibly get him back but even if he clears waivers, why would they want him? They're winning with out him and all he is a cancer to the team. If anybody saw the Pats-Dolphins game, the whole Pats team was pumped up after the victory, but Randy looked like his dog died. He didn't care that his team won, he cared that Randy didn't have a big game.
Randy had a "bad game" because the Pats didn't want to injure him prior to the trade.

It's funny but I think it's actually a worse reflection upon Childress that he screwed up the waiver process than it is that he decided to rid the team of Moss. Why? He's an experienced NFL coach and is in primary control of personnel. He certainly has to know the waiver rules. We also know that there was no particular incident yesterday that prompted quick action, such as Moss assaulting him or something. What that tells me is that this was an impulsive decision that he made, without much preparation or any sort of plan. This was an amateurish decision by a desperate coach who is losing (has lost?) his grip on his team and who decided to "make a statement". This version of Moss - the pouting, loafing malcontent - can't be seen as much of an asset for any team right now, so waiving him isn't absurd to me. Childress handling this situation as he has, however, is absurd and reflects extremely poorly on him.
There probably is a better way to remove a player, but from Chilly's standpoint he's probably focused on winning the next game and didn't want to waste another ounce of energy on a player that hasn't displayed any teamwork or professionalism. I really hope Chilly is canned after this season (well, unless he finds a way to win the SB). As much as it pains me, I agree with him on this one. If you have dead weight sinking you into the abyss, you need to cut it lose immediately, which is what he did with Moss.

It's funny but I think it's actually a worse reflection upon Childress that he screwed up the waiver process than it is that he decided to rid the team of Moss. Why? He's an experienced NFL coach and is in primary control of personnel. He certainly has to know the waiver rules. We also know that there was no particular incident yesterday that prompted quick action, such as Moss assaulting him or something.

What that tells me is that this was an impulsive decision that he made, without much preparation or any sort of plan. This was an amateurish decision by a desperate coach who is losing (has lost?) his grip on his team and who decided to "make a statement".

This version of Moss - the pouting, loafing malcontent - can't be seen as much of an asset for any team right now, so waiving him isn't absurd to me. Childress handling this situation as he has, however, is absurd and reflects extremely poorly on him.
There probably is a better way to remove a player, but from Chilly's standpoint he's probably focused on winning the next game and didn't want to waste another ounce of energy on a player that hasn't displayed any teamwork or professionalism. I really hope Chilly is canned after this season (well, unless he finds a way to win the SB). As much as it pains me, I agree with him on this one. If you have dead weight sinking you into the abyss, you need to cut it lose immediately, which is what he did with Moss.
Actually, he didn't. He screwed up the waiver move so Moss is still a Viking for now. That's an absolutely embarrassing disaster in and of itself. I don't disagree about ridding the team of Moss. He's a cancer. That was my whole point frankly.

This is 100% my own opinion - I think Denver puts in a claim for Randy Moss - it could save their season and McDaniels has already taken a chance on an ex-pat this year (Maroney).

Phurfur said:
Eric said:
griff321 said:
:hifive: been saying that in many threads. Very good chance they could be 9-7 or 10-6 with what is left on the schedule.Only issue is hoping Childress pulls his head out of his A## before it is too late.
What about this team so far this year thinks they can win 8 of their last 9 games? Or even 7 of them?
Their schedule.. 7 or 8 is Not out of the question.. Cards, Bears (twice), Packers at home(heck they had all the chances to win in Packer country), Redskins, Buffalo, Lions.. That's 7.. and they get the Giants at home so anything is possible.Of course all of this hinges on whether this team implodes, or "comes together" now after this mess. :no:

This is 100% my own opinion - I think Denver puts in a claim for Randy Moss - it could save their season and McDaniels has already taken a chance on an ex-pat this year (Maroney).
The Broncos are 2-6, already have a nice group of WRs who are producing like crazy, and have major problems elsewhere, but an unhappy malcontent is gonna save their season? Are you serious?

Users who are viewing this thread