What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rashaun Woods and/or Derrick Hamilton? (1 Viewer)

What can someone tell me about Battle. Can he handle being the#1 guy? I never got to see him play (east coast) but have heard that he looked impressive before his injury.

Woods is pursuing his true passion. Leave him alone.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/cgi-bin/commen...n=print&num=323
Who would have thunk it!??!Rashaun Woods is an avid bass fisherman. He is a fanatic about fishing period in fact. He has been well known to work out during the day and to take off and go fishing at night. He has fine-tuned this routine almost to a science and has even participated in several Bass tournaments to boot.

"I had one today that I had to miss," Woods said during his Sunday press conference At 49er headquarters. "I got into a bass club earlier in the year and it ended up falling on A tournament day, but you have to put the most important things first. That's kind of on the back burner."

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont forget Marcus Maxwell and Rasheed Marshall- both are real interesting athletes, Marshall a QB to WR convert, and Maxwell a size/speed WR.

Obviously, need to keep an eye on this for sleepers, etc, but the 49ers will sign at least one veteran FA if not a couple.

1) They'll draft someone

2) Vernon Davis will play the role of Todd Heap, Alge Crumper, etc...
I don't know man. As much as i want the niners to draft VD, i'm starting to think that they are going to draft a Defensive player. Since they are letting JP and Carter go. :cry:

Lots of time, lots of available players.

Examples:

Nate Burleson, WR, MIN. RFA, they's have to give a 3rd for him. Hmm, just happened to get one of those.

Eric Moulds, WR. Vet experience and still had a lot of game in him.

Marcus Robinson, WR, MIN. Probably could had for a 4th or 5th rounder. MRob would give them a solid posession receiver and a good end zone target.

If TO goes to:

Miami - Maybe Booker goes out.

I think Alex Smith's targets in order of talent are going to be:

1) Eric Johnson

2) Arnaz Battle

3) Rasheed Marshall

4) Otis Amey

Hopefully they can add someone to that list, because it's looking pretty short on talent. Hopefully a veteran Johnnie Morton type guy. Or maybe a guy through the draft, like Vernon Davis, Derek Hagan, Maurice Stovall, or Brandon Marshall.

Rashaun Woods will never amount to anything more than a bass fisherman.

I just dont understand this trade by the 49ers unless they are really down on Lloyd. I thought he was one of the best young talents in the NFL. In a draft/free agency year that has such little talent, why get rid of a talent for a 3rd and a 4th? Those are crappy picks.... I just dont understand this....

I just dont understand this trade by the 49ers unless they are really down on Lloyd. I thought he was one of the best young talents in the NFL. In a draft/free agency year that has such little talent, why get rid of a talent for a 3rd and a 4th? Those are crappy picks.... I just dont understand this....
I guess you haven't heard all the knocks on Lloyd then. In my opinion a 3rd and 4th were a steal for Lloyd, and time will tell.

Dont forget Marcus Maxwell and Rasheed Marshall- both are real interesting athletes, Marshall a QB to WR convert, and Maxwell a size/speed WR.
Nolan likes these 2. I'd be shocked if they're a starter but last year I probably said the same about Battle.

49ers | Team visiting with Bryant

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:04:56 -0800

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports free agent WR Antonio Bryant (Browns) is in San Francisco visiting with the San Francisco 49ers. ESPN.com's John Clayton adds the two sides are trying to reach a contract agreement.

I don't think Alex Smith is getting much sleep these days.

One WR and no TE as of today.  Not a recipe for a sophomore QB.
FF one year memory? Eric Johnson?
when was the last time Johnson finished a season?
He played 14 games in 2004. He played with broken ribs for half the season as well. When was the last time Winslow, Troupe, or Watson played a full season? Maybe it is a just tough position to play and stay healthy?

Despite being a Johnson fan, I still think the SF should draft V Davis.

the guy has missed two full seasons out of the last three. I think you need to consider this before jumping down Jeff's throat for omitting Johnson (probably on purpose).

the guy has missed two full seasons out of the last three.  I think you need to consider this before jumping down Jeff's throat for omitting Johnson (probably on purpose).
Nice guy. Forget I mentioned him.

Last edited by a moderator:
The truth is, Johnson should be healthy this year. When he's healthy he's the Niners best receiving threat.

I agree with Toxicbees, I think the deal was a steal for SF if you don't take into account their current WR situation. BL is a WR2/3 at best. He is a pouty, lazy incomplete player who makes a few ESPN catches a year. Simple as that.I posted in another trhead the reason he's gone is the conflict between him and Nolan, his contract demands, and that he badly wanted out of SF. SF had quietly given him permission to pursue a trade, and WASH offered the best deal (obviously).

As it turns out, neither ...

49ers | D. Hamilton waived

Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:17:09 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the San Francisco 49ers waived WR Derrick Hamilton Thursday, Aug. 10.

Users who are viewing this thread