What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alvin Kamara, NO (2 Viewers)

VikingFrog said:
I’ve been fighting tooth and nail for him with positive comments all year, but after this injury I’m firmly in the camp that Kamara is a bust at the 3-5 pick. 

I got him at 5 and thought I stole him.

Having said all that, I wouldn’t have picked anyone different knowing what I know, and unless I used my magic 8 ball and reached for Taylor, the other guys around him at the 6-7 ADP picks aren’t really doing that much either.
I got him at 6 and the only thing that haunts me now is Brees departure and the capacity for the team to be a lot less good. I feel like I should have seen that coming given I've been prone to slagging Winston pretty hard. The evaporation of his receptions early on was pretty surprising to me.

Would you take the risk of trading for Kamara if you also got Ingram?

I got an offer yesterday of Kamara/Ingram for McLaurin/Carter Jr./Miles Sanders. 

It feels like an overpay if Kamara has reaggravated his knee but a steal if he hasn’t.  

What would you do??

Would you take the risk of trading for Kamara if you also got Ingram?

I got an offer yesterday of Kamara/Ingram for McLaurin/Carter Jr./Miles Sanders. 

It feels like an overpay if Kamara has reaggravated his knee but a steal if he hasn’t.  

What would you do??
I play redraft and if I had Ingram paired with Kamara I would likely hold but I have no idea what other factors are involved for you. I have Kamara and Tony Jones Jr, who is coming back and I feel will be a wild card here if he's healthy.

• Smile
Reactions: ATB
I play redraft and if I had Ingram paired with Kamara I would likely hold but I have no idea what other factors are involved for you. I have Kamara and Tony Jones Jr, who is coming back and I feel will be a wild card here if he's healthy.
I have a pretty good team (2nd place at 7-3 with most points scored) but I lost Henry and my avg points per week has gone down a bit. 

Here’s my team: 

QB - Stafford

RB - E. Mitchell/J. Wilson

RB - Carter Jr.

WR- Kupp

WR - J. Jefferson

WR - K. Allen

TE - Goedert/Fant

FLX - McLaurin

D - Steelers

Bench - Aiyuk, Toney, JWilson, Fant, DHarris, Pollard, M. Sanders,

I feel fairly solid but if Kamara comes back strong is would really put me over the hump. But if he doesn’t it could cripple me  

I prefer McLaurin, Carter, Miles to kamara and back-up, personally. I think this off season will be the time to get out from under Kamara for those that have him. I wouldn't be buying in right now, being that you give up quite a bit and Kamara is injured and therefore slightly unknown going forward this season.

Alvin Kamara (knee) remained sidelined for Tuesday's practice.

Underhill notes that the Saints held more of a walkthrough than an actual practice, but it's concerning that neither Mark Ingram, who popped up on Monday's injury report with a knee ailment, nor Kamara were available to participate just 48 hours prior to kick-off. Wednesday's status will be telling for both. Managers should have Tony Jones stashed everywhere just in case both players ahead of him are ruled out.

SOURCE: Nick Underhill on Twitter

Nov 23, 2021, 3:46 PM ET

Dustin Rothbart

⁦‪@D_Rothy‬⁩

Following AM treatments, reports are showing Alvin Kamara will be a non participants in today’s practice. #Saints have submitted an inactive designation to the league for Thursday. Per source. #TNF #NFL

11/23/21, 9:48 AM

Alvin Kamara (knee) was limited in practice Monday.

An early week limited tag is usually a sign that a player will suit up, so things are pointing in the right direction for Kamara. The knee issue has kept Kamara on the bench for three consecutive weeks. Mark Ingram, who was a full participant in practice today, logged two starts in his absence. Tony Jones and Ty Montgomery split the backfield in the third game. Kamara will likely return in a time-share with Ingram, though the former will handle all of the high-value touches. As soon as he is announced active, Kamara will return to RB1 status.

Nov 29, 2021, 4:23 PM ET

Alvin Kamara (knee) remained limited for Tuesday's practice.

"I do think it is a little bit of a 'we'll see' situation with Kamara just as far as whether he plays and, if he does play, how much he's used in this game," Underhill noted. With Mark Ingram logging full participation in back-to-back days, the Saints may not rush Kamara back into his usual workload. That scenario would be an upgrade for Ingram more so than a significant downgrade for Kamara.

Nov 30, 2021, 3:45 PM ET

Glad he is not playing.  He's obviously got a serious issue.  this team ain't making the playoffs, or doing anything if they squeezed in, so why risk your franchise player.

Let's go Mark!  need a big day out of you old fella.

Glad he is not playing.  He's obviously got a serious issue.  this team ain't making the playoffs, or doing anything if they squeezed in, so why risk your franchise player.

Let's go Mark!  need a big day out of you old fella.

Not playing says who?

Alvin Kamara (knee) is questionable for Week 13 against the Cowboys. 

Kamara got in another limited practice on Wednesday. It looks likely Kamara suits up on Thursday night, but his workload will be a question mark. That said, it will be tough to sit Kamara if he is active. Mark Ingram (knee) was not given an injury designation. 

RELATED: 

Mark Ingram

Dec 1, 2021, 4:03 PM ET

Taysom Hill confirmed as the starting QB - impacting the outlook for Kamara’s fantasy football prospects (assuming that Kamara will be active).

Will Hill coming off a foot injury, not sure they will run him as much as they have in the past. No need to rush Kamara back if he is not 110% healthy as this team is going nowhere this year. 

The Fantasy Source 

@FantasySource_

FANTASY UPDATE:

@Saints

RB Alvin Kamara (knee) not expected to play tonight vs

@dallascowboys

Dang. I wonder if he would have been OK for a Sunday game. Anyway, the fact that he was close this week hopefully means he'll be good to go next week. Still, my team that's fighting for a playoff spot could really have used him tonight.

Yes, next year looks like a deep playoff run for the Saints so they should sit everyone.   :rolleyes:
:goodposting:  

These guys actually get paid to play. The coaches and front office are expected to win as many games as they can, and perform as well as they can on the field, and their jobs depend on it. These things help to sell tickets and drive revenue.

If he isn't healthy enough to play, he shouldn't play. But if he reaches the point of being healthy enough, he should absolutely be out there playing.

You do realize that these guys actually love playing football right? If he's healthy, he's going to play.
I absolutely get that.  My only point is that, given the amount of money they have tied up in that asset, unless he is actually 100%, I’m not putting him back out there.  Knee injuries are deadly serious.  

I absolutely get that.  My only point is that, given the amount of money they have tied up in that asset, unless he is actually 100%, I’m not putting him back out there.  Knee injuries are deadly serious.  
It seems like they've been doing the right thing so far. I think if Kamara is active in the coming weeks, he's going to be damn near 100% and able to produce.

The Times-Picayune's Jeff Duncan reports that Alvin Kamara (knee) is expected to play in Week 14 against the Jets.

Kamara's return would mark his first game action since Week 9. It couldn't come against a better opponent. The Jets are a trainwreck against the run. They are also one of the few opponents that the Saints should be able to soundly defeat regardless of who they have at quarterback, as Gardner Minshew reiterated in Week 13. Kamara would slot in as an RB1 this week, even while likely splitting touches to some degree with Mark Ingram. 

SOURCE: Jeff Duncan on Twitter

Dec 8, 2021, 9:23 AM ET

Alvin Kamara (knee) is expected to practice Wednesday.

Kamara was a limited participant throughout practice last week but the Saints ultimately chose to sit him, likely for the last time in relation to this knee issue. All reports have indicated that he will return for New Orleans' Week 14 matchup versus the Jets. With Mark Ingram now on the reserve/COVID-19 list, Kamara should be expected to return to a full workload against a defense that gives up the third-most rushing yards per game. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dec 8, 2021, 2:33 PM ET

Alvin Kamara (knee) is practicing again on Thursday following Wednesday's "full" session. 

It means Kamara avoided setbacks on Wednesday. He should be ready to rock vs. the Jets' bottom-three run defense, one that surrenders the most running back fantasy points. The entire Saints offense's outlook is clouded a bit by Taysom Hill's case of "mallet finger," but we will not be leaving Kamara out of the RB1 ranks, especially with Mark Ingram (COVID-19) expected to be unavailable.  

Dec 9, 2021, 3:44 PM ET

Saints coach Sean Payton said Alvin Kamara (hamstring, knee) is "full" for Week 14 against the Jets.

Payton noted that Kamara was "very close" to playing last week but the team didn't want to set him back since he was recovering from a separate injury to his hamstring rather than his knee. With Mark Ingram and Ty Montgomery still on New Orleans' COVID list, Kamara could very well handle every backfield touch against a poor Jets unit permitting league-highs in touches and fantasy points to opposing running backs. It's a magnificent spot for Kamara to return for in his first game action since Week 9.

Dec 10, 2021, 3:22 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread