What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Austin Ekeler, WAS (4 Viewers)

ankles never last just one week it's almost always a 3-4 week deal. a H.A.S? if so, 4-6 weeks. if you've ever sprained an ankle you know how long it takes lol. and if he comes back next week, what's the chance of re-injury, 70%? What does Jesse Morse say ( fantasy doctors)

ankles never last just one week it's almost always a 3-4 week deal. a H.A.S? if so, 4-6 weeks. if you've ever sprained an ankle you know how long it takes lol. and if he comes back next week, what's the chance of re-injury, 70%? What does Jesse Morse say ( fantasy doctors)
He was dealing with it in camp as well, but didn’t miss the opener.

It could be minor enough to tape up & play.

I’m waiting for practice reports. If he even practices limited on Thurs or Fri I’m gonna plan on him playing.

It’s way premature to say he’s out.

Ankles are often not even 1 week. Nobody has said anything about a high ankle sprain.

He was dealing with it in camp as well, but didn’t miss the opener.

It could be minor enough to tape up & play.

I’m waiting for practice reports. If he even practices limited on Thurs or Fri I’m gonna plan on him playing.

It’s way premature to say he’s out.
Yep, if Ekeler is active, he's an autostart.

I haven’t heard much at all. No X-rays, MRI’s, boot, etc. It doesn’t seem long term to me. But if he misses vs Tenn I’m OK

I'd have to find where I saw it, but I believe Ekeler himself said his ankle is swollen, but it's something he's played through before.

Jeff Mueller
🚨Austin Ekeler injury -

It’s hard to tell for certain, but multiple angles suggest Right High Ankle sprain

If true:
•Avg RB missed time: ~3 weeks
•Some RBs have missed 1-2 wks if mild severity, heavily taped/braced
• ~20% production dip on average upon RTP

Video 🧵

Look between MIA #8 legs (sorry).

Ekeler’s R foot plants, it appears trailing defender rolls up on his ankle in eversion+dorsiflexion 👇🏼

Visible pain and limp response

Next play, Ekeler clearly favors his right ankle and doesn’t want to place weight through it initially, then limps off.

He missed the next 12 snaps, got taped up
and played in only 4 of the 26 snaps post-injury, including missing the entire last 2 min drill/drive

When he did play, he was visibly limited with reduced burst and acceleration, and continued to limp off of his right leg.

He had one target that he had to jump up for and he avoided landed down on his right foot, then limped off.

🚨Joshua Kelley should be a top WW priority🚨

I'd have to find where I saw it, but I believe Ekeler himself said his ankle is swollen, but it's something he's played through before.

Chargers Central

#Chargers RB Austin Ekeler says that his ankle is swollen and sore, but he has previously dealt with the same type of injury.

Via ESPN.

#BoltUp

Jeff Mueller
Austin Ekeler had a high ankle mechanism in Wk14, 2021 to his left ankle.

He played Wk15:
12-59-1 rushing, 4-23 receiving

Suffered aggravation, missed Wk16

Played Wk17:
17-58-1 rushing, 3-54 receiving

Another possible sign that this is a Right High Ankle sprain for Ekeler.

Jeff Mueller
🚨Austin Ekeler injury -

It’s hard to tell for certain, but multiple angles suggest Right High Ankle sprain

If true:
•Avg RB missed time: ~3 weeks
•Some RBs have missed 1-2 wks if mild severity, heavily taped/braced
• ~20% production dip on average upon RTP

Video 🧵

Look between MIA #8 legs (sorry).

Ekeler’s R foot plants, it appears trailing defender rolls up on his ankle in eversion+dorsiflexion 👇🏼

Visible pain and limp response

Next play, Ekeler clearly favors his right ankle and doesn’t want to place weight through it initially, then limps off.

He missed the next 12 snaps, got taped up
and played in only 4 of the 26 snaps post-injury, including missing the entire last 2 min drill/drive

When he did play, he was visibly limited with reduced burst and acceleration, and continued to limp off of his right leg.

He had one target that he had to jump up for and he avoided landed down on his right foot, then limped off.

🚨Joshua Kelley should be a top WW priority🚨

Appreciate it

Austin Ekeler (ankle, personal) not present ast Wednesday's practice.

Fantasy Impact

Ekeler was already headed towards this week's injury report with an ankle issue. Now he's also personally dealing with the death of his agent Cameron Weiss. Look for an update on Ekeler's status Thursday

Austin Ekeler (ankle, personal) not present ast Wednesday's practice.

Fantasy Impact

Ekeler was already headed towards this week's injury report with an ankle issue. Now he's also personally dealing with the death of his agent Cameron Weiss. Look for an update on Ekeler's status Thursday
He’s attending a funeral.

We have no update from the team on his injury.

I believe his absence today is due to his agent's funeral moreso than the injury.
Exactly. We already knew he wouldn’t be there today.

The rest of the week will be telling.
Ekeler is also very much a guy who doesn't need to practice to play. I'd like to see at least a limited practice Friday, but he's an autostart as long as he's active.

Rapoport also reported that he did not get the sense that Ekeler would have practiced for the Chargers today anyway due to the ankle injury he suffered against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday. He said that the Chargers will evaluate where Ekeler is on Thursday with his ankle injury from the Dolphins game, and that he played through an ankle injury in 2022 that was somewhat similar.

2nd down and 4th down. You can see he wasn't in. I drafted Kelley in both my leagues as a cuff.

I noted upthread he wasn't in, then found out about the ankle and I had the suspicion he was out this week.

I can only go off of what I saw, which is him on the bench with the game on the line. That leads me to believe a week of rest is in the cards. Idk, all speculation as of now, we’ll see.

I can only go off of what I saw, which is him on the bench with the game on the line. That leads me to believe a week of rest is in the cards. Idk, all speculation as of now, we’ll see.
Pure speculation. He’s nicked for sure. Stephania Bell isn’t very concerned. I don’t know where this talk of high ankle sprain is coming from. Ekeler sitting out stretches of games, even late, is not new. I see nothing indicating it’s more than a questionable tag for this week only

Pure speculation. He’s nicked for sure. Stephania Bell isn’t very concerned. I don’t know where this talk of high ankle sprain is coming from. Ekeler sitting out stretches of games, even late, is not new. I see nothing indicating it’s more than a questionable tag for this week only
Stephania is probably not strapping on the pads.

Stephania is probably not strapping on the pads.
Hah. She’s usually really good with timeframes for injuries. We’ll see

I get the feeling...and hear me out on this ...The Chargers are working Kelly in to find out what they have in him. Ekler may not be around next year and running him ragged helps no one. Kelly may be the play here.

he won't play this week. brutal matchup for LA RBs vs Titans, though.
but just when you think it's impossible someone goes and rips the defense to shreds. Chargers can spread it out, and run the draws and screens. Kelley should thrive here.

Users who are viewing this thread