What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Breece Hall, NYJ (1 Viewer)

There were some laughable takes in here.
Oh gosh now I have to scroll back though. I have to assume it was all based on the Jets landing spot, right? Nobody actually disliked Breece?
Some of them may not be in this thread, and most had more to do with the Jets and not him as a prospect. Many also seeing Carter as a bigger threat than he was. I like Carter a lot too, but they clearly drafted Hall to be the main guy and only gave Carter the veteran deference in starting him early. Don’t forget that Salah is also trying to build a culture here. Giving the rookie the starting gig “sight unseen” would be counter to it.

There were some laughable takes in here.
Oh gosh now I have to scroll back though. I have to assume it was all based on the Jets landing spot, right? Nobody actually disliked Breece?
Some of them may not be in this thread, and most had more to do with the Jets and not him as a prospect. Many also seeing Carter as a bigger threat than he was. I like Carter a lot too, but they clearly drafted Hall to be the main guy and only gave Carter the veteran deference in starting him early. Don’t forget that Salah is also trying to build a culture here. Giving the rookie the starting gig “sight unseen” would be counter to it.
There's always a nice buy window when rookies start out slow due to veteran deference.

I see one poster a page back who sure had some harsh words for Hall. Looks quite silly right now.

I see one poster a page back who sure had some harsh words for Hall. Looks quite silly right now.
Some one also ridiculed the Jets for “wasting draft capital to trade up for Hall” (they used a fifth to move up by the way) and how they would have been far better off signing Melvin Gordon instead of wasting their pick.

Some one also ridiculed the Jets for “wasting draft capital to trade up for Hall” (they used a fifth to move up by the way) and how they would have been far better off signing Melvin Gordon instead of wasting their pick.
So rather than take a stud RB on a rookie contract, spend big dollars on an aging FA?

Unless you're in a win-now scenario, and even then I still wouldn't do it, that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

One of most dangerous Running Backs in the NFL, this guy will make you pay

600+ yds and 4 TD, he's really been the focus more the last 2-3 weeks with 17-18-20 carries over that stretch.

He can easily make a run at close to 2,000 yds from scrimmage this season and at least 10-12+ TDs, maybe a lot more.

Likely a Top 5 pick in redraft next year. He's young and available/healthy, what's not to like?

That was in the Melvin Gordon thread. It's still there. I invited him to come back and re-visit his comments. He's been on since last week and has silently declined. Never listen to @BoltBacker ever again for fantasy football or real football. He won't own his comments and his comments turned out to be really stupid, self-promoting, and self-aggrandizing in how he sounds like's he's trying to write like a PFF expert but can't even hold down the fort with respect to reasoning.

He just pastes walls of text of nonsense that I had to read and respond to. Waste of time then, waste of time now. Actually, don't bother reading that thread, just know that there's a guy named BoltBacker who isn't worth a listen. It was like that guy with Le'Veon Bell and why it was unfair he was unsigned and that he should get money.

Two flip sides of the RB coin, same awful analysis. Lots of that on this board.

Likely a Top 5 pick in redraft next year. He's young and available/healthy, what's not to like?
It’s still early, but wouldn’t shock me at all if he leapfrogged everyone to be the top dog when you factor in his age and dual purpose role. As mentioned above, particularly by Rock, the days of “but he plays for the Jets” are long gone.

So rather than take a stud RB on a rookie contract, spend big dollars on an aging FA?

Unless you're in a win-now scenario, and even then I still wouldn't do it, that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
I’m fairness Gordon wasn’t commanding a big contract, but of course the rookie contract is even better for the better talent that will still be relevant for at least four years while Gordon is toast.

One of most dangerous Running Backs in the NFL, this guy will make you pay

600+ yds and 4 TD, he's really been the focus more the last 2-3 weeks with 17-18-20 carries over that stretch.

He can easily make a run at close to 2,000 yds from scrimmage this season and at least 10-12+ TDs, maybe a lot more.

I'm contemplating offering CMC up in return for Hall and a throw in to see if I can get something for name value. I need RB depth and can see Panthers packing it in here soon. Redraft league

I'm contemplating offering CMC up in return for Hall and a throw in to see if I can get something for name value.

I have both of these guys in a sixteen team league and am somehow 1-5 and almost last in points scored. My QBs have been so bad that they haven't scored over ten points in a game (and they have often scored two) until this week. It's been a disaster. But I have Hall and CMC. Hwarf.

Consensus number 1 rookie pick this year. Was still underrated

I'm going to do a backpat. I gave up Javonte Williams in a deal to get the 1.01 so I could take Breece after the combine results. College production + off-the-charts athleticism led me to a hard decision. Unknown over sure thing. Glad I did.

He walked to the cart under his own power, didn't look that serious and i believe he will be fine in the coming weeks. Next week wouldn't surprise me a bit.
Jets are being safe with him, I hope it's as positive an outcome as I feel about it

No updates as of yet. I thought it was a concussion but it's his knee. He started to walk to the tunnel and then took the cart. If you watch the replay it's challenging to see what happened. I did not see his leg or knee twist but there were a lot of bodies in the mix.

No updates as of yet. I thought it was a concussion but it's his knee. He started to walk to the tunnel and then took the cart. If you watch the replay it's challenging to see what happened. I did not see his leg or knee twist but there were a lot of bodies in the mix.
I hope it's nothing serious. Rookie was taking the league by storm and my FF team but hopefully it's not significant for his sake.

Hate this. Hopefully a knee sprain or bone bruise. Jets are having a nice year but no need to rush Breece back either. Michael Carter is one of the more well rounded back-ups in the league.

It's almost like this is becoming a rite of passage for NFL RBs. This is crazy. I really feel for the kid, and the team. He looked so good. Hopefully it's "just" an ACL and not other damage like Dobbins is going through.

I just want to puke. Just brutal. It's never easy to be a Jets fan.

Cursed franchise for sure

I actually don't let sports bother me after the game is over, but this one hurts. I'm also sickened. Breece hit 21.87 MPH on his touchdown today, the fastest measured ball carrier this year. And then, poof. It's gone. It has seriously ruined my day.

As I've gotten older, I shrug it off by the next day, but that might just be because I'm jaded from years of my sports teams being terrible. I can remember being upset all week back in younger days. Still, this sucks. It was like a kick in the nuts when he went down. Not just to the Jets, but to some of my fantasy teams. Oh well.

Cursed franchise for sure

I actually don't let sports bother me after the game is over, but this one hurts. I'm also sickened. Breece hit 21.87 MPH on his touchdown today, the fastest measured ball carrier this year. And then, poof. It's gone. It has seriously ruined my day.

As I've gotten older, I shrug it off by the next day, but that might just be because I'm jaded from years of my sports teams being terrible. I can remember being upset all week back in younger days. Still, this sucks. It was like a kick in the nuts when he went down. Not just to the Jets, but to some of my fantasy teams. Oh well.
Same here. I rode him to a 5-1 record. Nobody is going to be able to replace what he's given us.

Not just to the Jets, but to some of my fantasy teams.

Same here. I was all-in on Hall, from promoting him even before the Jets drafted him, to rooting for him as a member of the Jets, to rostering him on about three of five fantasy entities. And trying to get him where I wasn't rostering him. It's such a shame. It's part of the game, I know, but one always hopes against hope that their favorite player won't get injured.

If ever there was a time to say "it is what it is," this is that time.

Users who are viewing this thread