What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Chase Edmonds, TB (2 Viewers)

I have my 1st share... I think he’ll be a valuable piece at some point in the next 12 months 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve said the same in a few threads. DJ is a fantastic receiver, which makes up for his lackluster running production, but Edmonds may be a better all around RB (not sure about blocking). 

It’s going to take some patience for Edmonds though, as DJ probably isn’t going anywhere for a few years barring injury.
Other than his rookie year, David Johnson's YPA has been dreadful and dropping. Some of that is his offensive line but some of that is definitely his lack of skills rushing the ball. Great receiver, average runner. Wouldn't shock me in the least if Cards start using Edmonds more and more.

Edmonds has looked fantastic every time I’ve seen him this year. explosive, capable receiver, chunk plays. 

if DJ is out he’s got a great matchup too. It’d give me a tough decision between L.Murray (at CHI), Singletary (vs MIA) and Edmond for RB & Flex. I can only start 2 of them. 

It seems I went from Carson/Montgomery to an embarrassment of riches in a week. 

FYI cardinals havent signed an RB from the practice squad so it seems like DJ will play.

second week in a row his injury has been slightly blown out of proportion.

Yeah 

The 17.6 two weeks ago and 14.7 last week in ppr really dragged my team down into the gutter
You were starting Chase Edmonds the past two weeks?  I’d find that hard to believe, unless your team is either terrible or crushed by injuries. 

Regardless, do you think 17.6 and 14.7 on 11 and 7 touches is sustainable?  Let’s be real, unless David Johnson is inactive, you’re behind the 8-ball if you’re starting Chase Edmonds on a weekly basis.

You were starting Chase Edmonds the past two weeks?  I’d find that hard to believe, unless your team is either terrible or crushed by injuries. 

Regardless, do you think 17.6 and 14.7 on 11 and 7 touches is sustainable?  Let’s be real, unless David Johnson is inactive, you’re behind the 8-ball if you’re starting Chase Edmonds on a weekly basis.
I'm in 3rd place 5-1 in one of my leagues and I started Chase last week. wish I had him the week before. My ream is neither terrible or crushed by injuries 

The only injury I have at rb is Jaylen Samuels (Adams at WR but that doesnt affect rb2). Been using Gore as my RB2 after trading away Carson... my team is much better after that trade than before. 

I've been trying to upgrade rb2 but I'm actually loving him as an option at rb2 ROS. Might push me over the top

I started him last week

One of my 12 teamer starts 10 with 2 flex spots

Yeah 

The 17.6 two weeks ago and 14.7 last week in ppr really dragged my team down into the gutter
I won a close game & picking up Edmonds with Montgomery on the BYE for his 17 made all the difference. 

Identifying lesser commodities that perform better in a certain format would seem like the shark move to me but idk.   :shrug:

Yep, Chase and his 4 carries per game at 6.7ypc has been carrying teams.  

Lets be real, if David Johnson starts, you can’t start Chase unless you want to be at a disadvantage to your opponent.  It doesn’t matter if he’s averaging 11 yards per carry if he’s only getting 4 carries.
I had a RB on a BYE & another out with injury. In a PPR format his carries were irrelevant. His receptions made all the difference; including the receiving TD when DJ couldn’t punch it in on 1st or 2nd down. 

the big picture matters sometimes. Edmonds is a high floor PPR flex whether you like him or not. 

and if DJ does go down with injury he’s a plug & play RB2 with 1 upside depending on matchup. 

I’m glad I have Edmonds in the two leagues where I have DJ. There’s probably some scenarios where I could play both but have never needed to so far.
Also likely one of the better insurance policies since DJ hasn’t exactly been the most reliable the last few years.

This is just false.  A broken wrist is the only thing he has missed games for in his NFL career.  He has been very reliable.
He’s been hurt for the last 2 weeks & is reportedly a GTD for tomorrow.

It doesn’t have to be a broken wrist for a player to be unreliable.

Also. It’s not false that having a quality handcuff is a smart play. 

He’s been hurt for the last 2 weeks & is reportedly a GTD for tomorrow.  Logging 20 & 18 touches is considered unreliable?

It doesn’t have to be a broken wrist for a player to be unreliable.  What, other than his wrist, has made him unreliable?

Also. It’s not false that having a quality handcuff is a smart play.  I never said a quality backup is not smart.  I said DJ is not unreliable.
As you say above, he is reportedly a GTD for tomorrow.  Do you really believe that?

As you say above, he is reportedly a GTD for tomorrow.  Do you really believe that?
I believe that I read a report that he’s a GTD, yes.

i also believe he was last week as well, with a sore back.

i’m not sure what you’re getting at here. Reality is what it is. He’s a GTD. You want me to get a letter from his coach that says “just kidding”? 
:shrug:

it’s probably smart to handcuff him with Edmonds if you can. Do you Disagree with that? 

I had a RB on a BYE & another out with injury. In a PPR format his carries were irrelevant. His receptions made all the difference; including the receiving TD when DJ couldn’t punch it in on 1st or 2nd down. 

the big picture matters sometimes. Edmonds is a high floor PPR flex whether you like him or not. 

and if DJ does go down with injury he’s a plug & play RB2 with 1 upside depending on matchup. 
SayWhat?  High floor?  How in the hell does one come to that conclusion?  His two consecutive games in which he’s reached double figures in ppr largely because he scored a TD in each, but still isn’t seeing more than mid-20s for snaps?  That’s following five straight games in which he didn’t exceed four points in any game.  High floor.  :lmao:   High is right.

SayWhat?  High floor?  How in the hell does one come to that conclusion?  His two consecutive games in which he’s reached double figures in ppr largely because he scored a TD in each, but still isn’t seeing more than mid-20s for snaps?  That’s following five straight games in which he didn’t exceed four points in any game.  High floor.  :lmao:   High is right.
We all have our opinions. IMO he’s going to see more and more play. 

in time one of us will be right. If it’s not me I’ll be happy to eat crow. 

His snap total was 68% of the offensive snaps. FYI.

dont really appreciate the personal attack though. 

I would say he is a high floor based on his current use and the sheer volume in the ARI offense. I think receptions will come with more playing time. 

FTR high floor to me is like 8-10 points... maybe its higher for others. 

No idea where 68% comes from. His snap total the last two weeks has been 29% (20/69) last week and 35% (27/77) the week before. FYI.  

If David Johnson is playing, odds and statistics couldn’t possibly be more against Chase Edmonds having a high floor.  His floor has been 4 points or less in ppr for 5 out of 7 weeks.  A David Johnson injury is mandatory for Chase to have a high floor.  

I would say he is a high floor based on his current use and the sheer volume in the ARI offense. I think receptions will come with more playing time. 

FTR high floor to me is like 8-10 points... maybe its higher for others. 
~10 points is exactly how I define “high floor”.  So yeah - exactly what I was thinking . 

The bolded is not true FYI to anyone who may be making lineup decisions. He saw 20 snaps. DJ saw 52. 

I believe that I read a report that he’s a GTD, yes.

i also believe he was last week as well, with a sore back.

i’m not sure what you’re getting at here. Reality is what it is. He’s a GTD. You want me to get a letter from his coach that says “just kidding”? 
:shrug:

it’s probably smart to handcuff him with Edmonds if you can. Do you Disagree with that? 
Simple question - do you think he will be inactive tomorrow?

The bolded is not true FYI to anyone who may be making lineup decisions. He saw 20 snaps. DJ saw 52. 
Exactly.  In a week where DJ was questionable to play, Edmonds still only saw 29% of their offensive snaps.  His touches by week are 1, 3, 5, 6, 11 and 7. There’s a positive trend there, but I don’t think it’s to anything more reliable than 6-8.  A floor of 10 in ppr on 6-8 touches is a pipe dream for a RB.

No idea where 68% comes from. His snap total the last two weeks has been 29% (20/69) last week and 35% (27/77) the week before. FYI.  

If David Johnson is playing, odds and statistics couldn’t possibly be more against Chase Edmonds having a high floor.  His floor has been 4 points or less in ppr for 5 out of 7 weeks.  A David Johnson injury is mandatory for Chase to have a high floor.  
1. Maybe I was mistaken about snap count. I could have sworn I just read he was in for 68% of the plays in the gMes he was healthy. if not, my mistake. 

2. He’s scored 14 & 17 points with Johnson playing a full compliment of snaps, but 10 points in PPR is unrealistic without a DJ injury? Ooooooookay.  :unsure:

Simple question - do you think he will be inactive tomorrow?
Simple answer - I have no idea. 

last I checked the Cards don’t call me to ask me if he should play or not, so perhaps my opinion here isn’t the most relevant here?  :shrug:

this is the last update I’d seen. 

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said David Johnson (ankle) is a game-time decision for Week 7 against the Giants.

Kingsbury noted that if the game were today Johnson would not have played. 

that’s what I have to go by.

if I had a gun to my head I’d say he’s probably gonna play - since they didn’t add a RB. 

but  will he be 100%? Man, that’s a much, much tougher call. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread