What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Chase Edmonds, TB (3 Viewers)

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about Gordon anymore. The Broncos do not trust him at all at this point, he puts the ball on the ground way too much.

The only reason he's been getting any playing time at all recently is because... they really didn't have any other options. Look to Murray and Edmonds getting the bulk of the touches moving forward (though don't know how much playing time he's getting this week).

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about Gordon anymore. The Broncos do not trust him at all at this point, he puts the ball on the ground way too much.

The only reason he's been getting any playing time at all recently is because... they really didn't have any other options. Look to Murray and Edmonds getting the bulk of the touches moving forward (though don't know how much playing time he's getting this week).
I'll call it. He will have zero carries, zero receptions. Shoot, I'd bet he won't even see the field this week.

High Ankle Sprain

Out for multiple weeks per new reports, sorry no link.
Gut punch to Denver after releasing Gordon
Down to Murray basically and whoever else I don't have in front of me a the moment.

Marlon Mack?
Surprised he is even on a roster

Bucs signed RB Chase Edmonds to a one-year, $1.08 million contract.

Edmonds resurfaces in Tampa after his release from Denver before the start of free agency. With Leonard Fournette expected to be cut, the 26-year-old gives the Bucs a veteran to pair with Rachaad White. This doesn't change much for White, who remains the favorite for early-down carries and projects to lead Tampa in touches. Edmonds should mix in behind White in a third-down role.
SOURCE: ESPN
Mar 16, 2023 at 11:01 AM ET

I have absolutely 0 expectations, but this at least keeps him above the level of waiver fodder IMO.

TB backfield is enough of a void that he could get some work by default.

I think we've seen that he's unlikely to ever be "the guy" for anyone though.

We've now seen Arizona, Miami, and Denver jettison him. He's a Plan C for an NFL team, but at least somebody was interested.

We've now seen Arizona, Miami, and Denver jettison him. He's a Plan C for an NFL team, but at least somebody was interested.
Even that is a success for a Fordham guy. He wasn’t bad in Miami, but not that good either. Denver was just a weird situation at that point.

It wouldn’t stun me if he bounces back in a backfield split with White, but I expect they’ll get that guy in the draft instead and he’ll fight for a roster spot.

I have absolutely 0 expectations, but this at least keeps him above the level of waiver fodder IMO.

TB backfield is enough of a void that he could get some work by default.

I think we've seen that he's unlikely to ever be "the guy" for anyone though.

So you’re saying there’s a chance

He wasn’t bad in Miami, but not that good either.
Funny how things change in a year. He was one of the very first overall FAs signed last year, with Miami giving him IIRC 2yrs/$12 mln. Pretty solid money and seemed like he was in for a big season. Miami clearly misread him and here we are.

#NeverAgain

This dude has been FF fool's gold for several years now. I didn't buy into him in MIA (thank goodness) and I'm certainly not investing in him in Denver. I expect the Broncos to draft a RB, and it's already crowded wirh Chase, Perine, and Tony Jones - plus at some point JaWill is going to come back. Debates can be has as to how impactful that will be, but I do not see him getting Wally Pipp'd. He'll get a chance whenever he returns.

#NeverAgain

This dude has been FF fool's gold for several years now. I didn't buy into him in MIA (thank goodness) and I'm certainly not investing in him in Denver. I expect the Broncos to draft a RB, and it's already crowded wirh Chase, Perine, and Tony Jones - plus at some point JaWill is going to come back. Debates can be has as to how impactful that will be, but I do not see him getting Wally Pipp'd. He'll get a chance whenever he returns.
He’s on Tampa now. 😉 I expected with the bump to see that he was cut again.

#NeverAgain

I traded this guy for Sterling Shepard straight-up like three or four years ago. Would do it again.

#NeverAgain

wow, I didn’t even know he already lost another job.

El oh el

#NeverAgain

El oh el

#NeverAgain

I traded this guy for Sterling Shepard straight-up like three or four years ago. Would do it again.
Now that is bold.

#NeverAgain

El oh el
He was a free agent.

ESPN’s Jenna Laine expects RB Chase Edmonds to open the season as the Bucs’ third-down back.
Edmonds was buried on Miami’s depth chart before getting traded to Denver and released as a cap casualty this offseason. The Bucs have Ke’Shawn Vaughn as their No. 2 back but expect a pass-down role for Edmonds, who has a 79% pass block win rate since 2018. Edmonds playing on third downs would cut into the targets of Rachaad White after White caught 50 passes last year and 43 at Arizona State as a redshirt senior. White had a 49% snap rate and averaged over four targets per game since taking over as the Bucs’ starter in Week 10.

Wait Edmonds is the third down back? Isn’t White’s value based on his pass catching?
Some teams still believe that pass blocking makes a difference, so I guess he is either going to get the role or this is in the ether to make White work on this more....

Wait Edmonds is the third down back? Isn’t White’s value based on his pass catching?
IIRC, White is also a plus-blocking back, so I’m not sure one beat writer’s opinion means much right now.

Per PFF, he’s been 50.9 or lower in pass blocking every year except 2019. Last year it was a career low pass blocking grade of 29.3 on 27 pass blocking opportunities.

White wasn’t great in pass pro either (45.2 on 42 opportunities) but I’d still be shocked if Edmonds passed him.

Edmonds wasn’t “buried on the depth chart”; he had every opportunity to be the man, they gave him a fat contract. He earned his way into 3rd string and being traded to Denver. He was horrible.

Chase Edmonds is listed as the No. 2 running back on the Bucs depth chart.
It’s easy to read too much into a team’s first depth chart, but Edmonds has drawn praise from players and coaches alike during Tampa’s training camp and now finds himself ahead of Ke’Shawn Vaughn on the depth chart. Tampa’s backfield would likely become a committee if Rachaad White were to miss time in 2023. And Edmonds was miserable in stints with the Dolphins and Broncos last season. White should be the only Tampa running back taken in fantasy drafts.

NFL reporter Jordan Schultz reports Chase Edmonds (knee) suffered a Grade 2 MCL sprain and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.

Edmonds will likely land on short-term IR with his injury. The veteran running back appeared to be in line for a slightly busier day than he saw in Week 1, but will now be forced to miss at least the next month. Edmonds didn’t have any fantasy relevance prior to the injury, and his injury shouldn’t have much of an impact on Rachaad White or rookie Sean Tucker.

Users who are viewing this thread