What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, KC (1 Viewer)

i think there is a bit of vitriol in a lot of the threads. Everyone convinced they have the crystal ball that tells them their guy is going to be the next huge thing

I suppose you're right. I was on the receiving end this time, though, so it seemed worse (always worse when it's happening to you). I remember the Eddie Lacy thread back around 2013 or 2014. I had people literally wanting to kick my *** about me saying he wasn't very good and would eat himself out of the league.

Happens time and time again. Can't take anything to personally on here

Clyde Edwards-Helaire rusehd six times for 22 yards in the Chiefs’ Week 1 loss to the Lions, adding a seven-yard reception.

To the surprise of fantasy managers everywhere, CEH started and touched the ball on the Chiefs’ first two plays. He then took a backseat to Isiah Pacheco, though he did out-touch Jerick McKinnon 7-1. Pro Football Focus charted McKinnon as out-touching CEH 20-14. We don’t really know what’s going on here, but it certainly doesn’t appear poised to result in any fantasy value for Edwards-Helaire in Week 2 against the Jaguars.

Geoff Schwartz points out that had CEH cut to the left where that gap is, rather than follow his blockers to the right, the Lions LB would’ve just met him at the line of scrimmage and stopped him there. CEH is too small and slow to exploit such an opening with unblocked defenders in front of him.
Darren McFadden, that's a TD 99/100 times.

CEH is no Darren McFadden.

ETA: That's my 2nd DMC reference today, something I did not see coming when I woke up.

Geoff Schwartz points out that had CEH cut to the left where that gap is, rather than follow his blockers to the right, the Lions LB would’ve just met him at the line of scrimmage and stopped him there. CEH is too small and slow to exploit such an opening with unblocked defenders in front of him.

ETA: That's my 2nd DMC reference today, is something I did not see coming when I woke up.
Yup, nor is he Brian Westbrook, who I’m sure Andy Reid thought he was getting when he made that pick.

ETA: That's my 2nd DMC reference today, something I did not see coming when I woke up.
For that one magical year he was great to watch. He had a gear and top end speed a lot of rbs can't dream of. He would have cut back on that hole Clyde misses and been gone. 100%. Okay I'll give him that one year in Dallas as decent. That one Oakland year though.

For that one magical year he was great to watch. He had a gear and top end speed a lot of rbs can't dream of. He would have cut back on that hole Clyde misses and been gone. 100%. Okay I'll give him that one year in Dallas as decent. That one Oakland year though.
I had him as my RB2 that magical year. It was glorious. I was sitting at the airport waiting for a flight, missing that game when my phone blew up. That was the game where the Raiders were just trying to ice the game & run it out, and DMC hit the hole for an 80+ yard TD.

I was all smiles the whole flight.

Good old Run DMC. Bought the dip on him in 2010 and he did very well for me. A shame he couldn’t stay healthy. He was one of my favorite college RBs I’ve seen.

CEH, not so much.

At this point I hope he has a good game and signs somewhere else this offseason so I can unload him to a sucker who falls for the fresh start hype.

Charles Goldman
#Chiefs HC Andy Reid said Clyde Edwards-Helaire would be the "No. 1 guy" with Isiah Pacheco ruled out this week. As I've been saying. Big opportunity for CEH to showcase ahead of free agency.
He has had an opportunity to showcase, is he a different player all of a sudden? It is rare where a first round pick has a career day in his first start and then turns into a career backup.

I picked him up everywhere I could.

Do I think he's suddenly more talented? No.

I DO think random people come out of nowhere to help win the fantasy playoffs every year. A change in opportunity has made many fantasy heroes. The KC offense hasn't been it's usual power house self.

Definitely pick up especially with Reid not ruling out IR - starting him on your roster this week is not a definite but it could pay off pretty big

Definitely pick up especially with Reid not ruling out IR - starting him on your roster this week is not a definite but it could pay off pretty big
I have Breece Hall and Derrick Henry, yet I might be crazy because I am considering plugging CEH in over one of them. Breece is banged up and the Jets offense is a disaster. Henry is playing the Fins and he gets phased out of the offense for Spears when the Titans fall behind.

Who has the best outlook next year for that draft class: Dobbins, Gibson, or CEH?
Probably Dobbins. He's always looked good when healthy. The other 2 haven't. I'd rather bet on Dobbins staying healthy, than Gibson/CEH suddenly becoming better players.
Except Ravens RBs are cursed.

The good news with Dobbins is that his entire left leg is healthy.

His entire right leg is running on replacement parts. That leg has had

- broken fibula (pre-NFL)
- high ankle (pre-NFL)
- ACL
- Meniscus
- LCL
- Hamstring
- Achilles

All the NFL injuries were in a 3-year span.
:oldunsure:

Who has the best outlook next year for that draft class: Dobbins, Gibson, or CEH?
Probably Dobbins. He's always looked good when healthy. The other 2 haven't. I'd rather bet on Dobbins staying healthy, than Gibson/CEH suddenly becoming better players.

- high ankle (pre-NFL)
- ACL
- Meniscus
- LCL
- Hamstring
- Achilles

Damn. That was all one leg? Brutal

- high ankle (pre-NFL)
- ACL
- Meniscus
- LCL
- Hamstring
- Achilles

Damn. That was all one leg? Brutal
IIRC the ACL, MCL, & Meniscus was all 1 injury in 2021.

- high ankle (pre-NFL)
- ACL
- Meniscus
- LCL
- Hamstring
- Achilles

Decent chance he's not on the Ravens next year, perhaps the curse shall be lifted.

- high ankle (pre-NFL)
- ACL
- Meniscus
- LCL
- Hamstring
- Achilles

Decent chance he's not on the Ravens next year, perhaps the curse shall be lifted.
I think there is a decent chance he's not on any roster next year.

Users who are viewing this thread