What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Damien Harris, BUF (2 Viewers)

The Athletic’s Joe Buscaglia reports RB Damien Harris is dealing with a knee injury.

Harris missed the second half of Tuesday’s practice and was seen pointing at his right knee while walking gingerly around the practice field. He was not seen participating during Wednesday’s practice, per Buscaglia. It’s a concerning development for Harris, who has missed 14 games over the past three seasons with New England. A sustained absence from training camp could give Latavius Murray the edge to take on Buffalo’s big back role behind James Cook. Harris’ health status will be worth monitoring in the coming days.

Tough kid who can play but he always has something going on…he needs to prove he can be reliable.

He's getting a little action in each game, mostly late in blowouts. Last week he got some action on their 3rd drive including a carry from the 6. But Cook has been great, and 33-year old Murray looked spry in the Miami game. If either Cook or Murray misses time, he could be playable in big leagues.

I guess it all depends on your benches but I would drop him for a Spears, Charbonet or players of that ilk. I am looking for big possible upside with my last roster spots and he isn’t it. Even if Cook went down it would be a split if he and Murray. Don’t see when he’d be comfortably startable.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports Damien Harris (neck) has been released from the hospital and “is going to be fine.”

It was a scary scene in Buffalo on Sunday night when Harris left the field by ambulance following a neck injury in the first half. Despite how things looked on Sunday, Harris is reportedly only dealing with some neck pain and does not appear to have suffered a more serious injury. We’ll see if he practices with the team leading up to Week 7’s contest against the Patriots, but it wouldn’t be surprising to see him miss at least one game to fully recover.

Bills HC Doug McDermott said Damien Harris (head/neck) is in the league’s concussion protocol.
In addition to the scary neck injury Harris suffered in Sunday night’s win over the Giants, the veteran running back was also dealt a brain injury. He’ll need to clear concussion protocol if he wants to have any chance of playing in Week 7 against the Patriots, but given the combined injuries he’s dealing with, it wouldn’t be surprising to see him miss at least one game. We’ll know more about his status when the team posts their Wednesday injury report.

Users who are viewing this thread