What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Free Agents (QB, RB, WR, TE) (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
QBs - https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/quarterback//
RBs - https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/running-back//
WRs - https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver//
TEs - https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/tight-end//

Notables:
QB - Tom Brady, Jimmy Garoppolo, Daniel jones, Geno Smith, Lamar Jackson, Tyler Huntley (RFA), Gardner Miinshew, Mike White, Jacoby Brissett, Taylor Heinicke, Baker Mayfield

RB - Saquon Barkley, Kareem Hunt, Rashaad Penny, Jamaal Williams, Josh Jacobs, David Montgomery, Raheem Mostert, D'Onta Foreman, Samaje Perine, Miles Sanders, D'Ernest Johnson, Dontrell Hilliard, Jeff Wilson, Devon Siingletary, Jerrick McKinnon, Damien Harris, Alexander Mattison, Tony Pollard, James Robinson, Deon Jackson (ERFA)

WR - Mecole Hardman, Sterling Shepard, D J Chark, Allen Lazard, Jakobi Myers, Marvin Jones, Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster, Parris Campbell, Noah Brown, Trent Sherfield, Darius Slayton, Jarvis Landry

TE - Mike Gesicki, Dalton Schultz, Evan Engram, Austin Hooper, Robert Tonyan, Hayden Hurst, Irv Smith, Foster Moreau

Last edited:
WRs are a motley crew...not much going on there...@JohnnyU, do you think there is hope for Campbell if he goes to a good offense?

WRs are a motley crew...not much going on there...@JohnnyU, do you think there is hope for Campbell if he goes to a good offense?
It looks like he's going to make it through a season :-)holdsbreath:). Anything is possible I suppose, but he is currently a roster clogger for the most part. If he were to go to an offense with an elite QB he would get an uptick in value. Hell, he's already gotten an uptick in value because he's upright.

This tracks with two things I've been spouting around here for awhile.

That the RB FA class is as good as we've ever seen and combined with the strong draft class will alter the RB landscape for fantasy like we've never seen in an off-season. For the players it's less then ideal and I hate to see it for the RB's with so much comp.

And the WR market is barren. While I'm happy as a Steeler's fan I've been pretty critical of Ryan Poles paying a high second for Chase Claypool, but this is why he did it and that part I understand. On that note I think you bank on a few more big or notable name WR trades this off-season. Hopkins, Michael Thomas are main two I think off.

This tracks with two things I've been spouting around here for awhile.

That the RB FA class is as good as we've ever seen and combined with the strong draft class will alter the RB landscape for fantasy like we've never seen in an off-season. For the players it's less then ideal and I hate to see it for the RB's with so much comp.

And the WR market is barren. While I'm happy as a Steeler's fan I've been pretty critical of Ryan Poles paying a high second for Chase Claypool, but this is why he did it and that part I understand. On that note I think you bank on a few more big or notable name WR trades this off-season. Hopkins, Michael Thomas are main two I think off.
I think a lot of fantasy players expecting some of these RBs in the draft to hit the road running are going to be disappointed. It will take some time for some of these RBs to get their big chance, even the big name players and may not make a big impact in year 1. Of course that's always a good time to make a play for one.

RBs are an interesting group...a lot of names there that could put a dent into someone's fantasy value.
IMO that is going to be the primary result of all these FAs - reflecting a lot more supply than demand.

We know that Barkley and Jacobs will be the bellcow somewhere (if not their current teams), and Pollard and Sanders will probably be the primary RBs somewhere. When you factor Bijan and Gibbs will also likely be drafted as starters, that doesn’t leave a lot of openings for many of the other proven vets. The result will probably be a lot more frustrating RBBCs.

Which is the reason Chicago traded for Claypool.

I apologize because I am sure it is me, but I am confused by this...what does Claypool have to do with Campbell? Is it because of the lack of FAs this year?
Yes, I'm pretty sure he was responding to the motley crew part of your post and not the second part about Campbell.

It looks like he's going to make it through a season :-)holdsbreath:). Anything is possible I suppose, but he is currently a roster clogger for the most part. If he were to go to an offense with an elite QB he would get an uptick in value. Hell, he's already gotten an uptick in value because he's upright.
His FA timing may work out great for him, as he may be the cream of a weak crop and not many top end WRs in the rookie draft. Some team will likely overpay Campbell as a result.

Last edited:
RBs are an interesting group...a lot of names there that could put a dent into someone's fantasy value.
IMO that is going to be the primary result of all these FAs - reflecting a lot more supply than demand.

We know that Barkley and Jacobs will be the bellcow somewhere (if not their current teams), and Pollard and Sanders will probably be the primary RBs somewhere. When you factor Bijan and Gibbs will also likely be drafted as starters, that doesn’t leave a lot of openings for many of the other proven vets. The result will probably be a lot more frustrating RBBCs.
IMO this is why we need to start looking at RBs different than how we have in the past...there just isn't going to be many more bell-cows and if there are how long can their body take that type of beating...I am now judging RBs not whether they will be 3 down RBs but whether they have the ability to play all 3 downs...sounds the same but it isn't.

His FA timing may work out great for him, as he may be the cream of a weak crop and not many top end WRs in the rookie draft. Some team will likely overpay Campbell as a a result.

Yup...that is why I was asking about him...he has shown some flashes and if a WR needy team is looking at FA the pickings are really slim...if he ends up in a legit offense, he could become relevant.

IMO this is why we need to start looking at RBs different than how we have in the past...there just isn't going to be many more bell-cows and if there are how long can their body take that type of beating...I am now judging RBs not whether they will be 3 down RBs but whether they have the ability to play all 3 downs...sounds the same but it isn't.
Agreed - if this increase in RBBCs does play out, it will have repercussions on drafting. Many RBs will likely slip relative to WRs, although the value of RBs that are bellcows will probably increase due to scarcity.

I apologize because I am sure it is me, but I am confused by this...what does Claypool have to do with Campbell? Is it because of the lack of FAs this year?
In reference to the WR pool, that was why the Bears traded for a cheaper Claypool.

I havent mastered the multi quote deal yet.

Mecole Hardman is a WR a would think a lot of teams will make a play for. Surprised he isn’t mentioned in the list of WR free agents.

Mecole Hardman is a WR a would think a lot of teams will make a play for. Surprised he isn’t mentioned in the list of WR free agents.
I added him to the notables, but it wasn't my intent to list most of them, but rather have everyone just click the link and see for themselves. I have a link for each (QB, RB. WR. TE).

They'd have gotten something better and cost controlled for longer if they had just kept their pick and let the Packers go further into salary cap hell, which would theoretically time up with the Bears ascent.

Teddy Bridgewater has 2 to 3 games to make the list of notables. Garoppolo is a product of the system - not that his play has been great - but Brock's play shows the importance of landing spot.

It obviously depends on his market, but I think this...
...and this may end up being related. His season went south due to injury, but I wonder if Hardman did enough to warrant a Zay Jones (plus?) sort of contract then KC replaces him with the cheaper Campbell and uses him in a similar role.

...and this may end up being related. His season went south due to injury, but I wonder if Hardman did enough to warrant a Zay Jones (plus?) sort of contract then KC replaces him with the cheaper Campbell and uses him in a similar role.

That is the type of scenario I was thinking about...obviously Campbell has had more lows than highs with the Colts, but he does flash, and he could be a nice, pretty low-cost addition to a contending team with a good offense like a KC, Philly or Minny.

That is the type of scenario I was thinking about...obviously Campbell has had more lows than highs with the Colts, but he does flash, and he could be a nice, pretty low-cost addition to a contending team with a good offense like a KC, Philly or Minny.
He's got a narrative to latch onto as well - injury. Then the year he actually stays in one piece the Colts offense crumbles around him.

Users who are viewing this thread