What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Darrell Henderson, LAR (4 Viewers)

Bojang0301 said:
You do realize Henderson was split out wide 20% of his snaps as a receiver right? I’m surprised you even have the audacity to act surprised about things you know nothing about.
LOL. What does that have anything to do with Kamara? I can at least somewhat understand people liking Henderson, but the comparisons to Kamara are just plain silly. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I don't care where Henderson lined up in Memphis' offense. It doesn't change his skill set.

Catbird said:
The lateral cuts of players like Sanders (and Singletary and Montgomery) seem to me far sharper and more violent than Henderson's. Its Henderson's similar style to Dalvin Cook that explains the great college success they both enjoyed. Both kind of veer and accelerate right by a guy where Sanders (or so many others) cut more laterally around the defender. The wide cutters create a wider gap between themselves and the defender, but have to regain their flow. Cook and Henderson veer just at the moment they approach a defender, pausing him and maintaining their power line while accelerating past before the defender can balance and grab them. Its a different skill and if you are looking for one and getting the other, I think you tend to underappreciate these guys' talent. 

9 yards per carry, (almost 2 full yards every single carry more than any other college RB with 200 carries in 2018) doesn't happen by chance. Doing that 2 years in a row ... says its a real talent he possesses. If he is Dalvin2 (despite the other differences) with that almost unique style, I don't see why Cook numbers in a far better offense, and without the injuries, aren't well within Henderson's ceiling. Lots of reasons he might not get there, like Gurley staying fairly healthy, but I don't think not cutting as wide laterally as Sanders or Singletary is one of them.
The jump cut typically takes place in tight traffic, when a runner has no option but to stop or plow ahead; whereas the “veering” you refer takes place in space. 

The jump cut is the reason Barkley and Zeke can create in the backfield, while guys like Fournette and Gurley, to a lesser degree, generally need space to get going.

Guys can certainly produce without explosive lateral movement, but in certain situations, it really is make or break: those who have it make a guy miss and get yards, and those who don’t get stuffed at the LOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Henderson isn't Dalvin Cook, either. Cook is much better in congested traffic, due mainly to looser hips.

Henderson is fairly stiff for a smaller RB. On the field, he's pretty similar to Abdullah. Both of those guys can get by you if they have an advantage (like when approaching a defender at a good rate of speed).

The good news is Henderson is in an outstanding offense with a talented play designer/caller. As a COP, Henderson will have plays designed for him instead of having to be a more rounded RB who has to get the tough yards, etc.

Henderson has some things going for him & his production per touch could actually be really good, but his long-term outlook for a potential feature back or top FF asset is lacking.

I'm trying to remember a more divisive / discussed valuation of a player in the one month after the draft, at least that wasn't off field related.

McCaffery maybe?

Henderson isn't Dalvin Cook, either. Cook is much better in congested traffic due to looser hips.

Henderson is fairly stiff for a smaller RB. On the field, he's pretty similar to Abdullah. Both of those guys can get by you if they have an advantage (like when approaching a defender at a good rate of speed).

The good news is Henderson is in a really good offense with a talented play designer/caller. As a COP, Henderson will have plays designed for him instead of having to be a more rounded RB who has to get the tough yards, etc.

Henderson has some things going for him & his production per touch could actually be really good, but his long-term outlook for a potential feature back or top FF asset is lacking.
Agree with some of your concerns, but I just couldn’t disagree with the bolded any more than I do.  If Gurley has any major issues, which at present seems reasonably likely, then I have no doubt Henderson can carry a significant load. If he does get feature back volume then he’s very likely outproducing every rookie in this class.  I guess the disconnect is that you don’t seem to think he can handle much volume.

Whatever shakes out, this is going to be a fun one to watch.   

I'm trying to remember a more divisive / discussed valuation of a player in the one month after the draft, at least that wasn't off field related.

McCaffery maybe?
 Not sure about this point in the process, but the CPatterson and David Wilson threads were a trip.

Agree with some of your concerns, but I just couldn’t disagree with the bolded any more than I do.  If Gurley has any major issues, which at present seems reasonably likely, then I have no doubt Henderson can carry a significant load. If he does get feature back volume then he’s very likely outproducing every rookie in this class.  I guess the disconnect is that you don’t seem to think he can handle much volume.

Whatever shakes out, this is going to be a fun one to watch.   
I think Henderson could handle decent volume, but if Gurley has issues, Brown will likely be their starter & Henderson is still the COP.

We're talking about a legit Super Bowl contender for the foreseeable future & the offense is a big part of their success. If Gurley's knee continues to be an issue, I can virtually guarantee they go get a RB in the strong 2020 class unless Brown lights it up.

For me, the bottom line is Henderson doesn't have typical feature back skills & those type guys eventually get replaced even if they get a chance.

Anyway, you're right, lots of eyes will be on Henderson & it'll be fun to see what happens.

BTW, I don't think the Rams took Henderson with the intention he'd EVER carry them. He was drafted to fill a role & they've actually been unusually clear about that. McVay has been looking for a COP since he got there. They signed Lance Dunbar in 2017 & were high on Hines & Ito Smith last year, but got sniped.

Remember, McVay & company could care less about FF.

I would refer all you'ns back to the 2017 Kamara thread where most were labelling him a COP (he is not as good as Kamara but still a neat and near enough example to remind us to be careful of labels)

And yes the Saints staff were also toting Kamara as their new COP

First of all, NFL staffs lie, as the default

Second of all, sometimes these "COP" guys change minds of their coaches once they get into camps

But EVEN IF he is solely 3rd down and 4min drill back AND Gurley stays healthy, he is still EASILY worth a late dynasty first rounder

So even with that label, pick him as your Flex and he can win you some games

But when heb breaks out of that label he will win you some leagues

LOL. What does that have anything to do with Kamara? I can at least somewhat understand people liking Henderson, but the comparisons to Kamara are just plain silly. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I don't care where Henderson lined up in Memphis' offense. It doesn't change his skill set.
You would have easily labeled Kamara a COP and called it the end of the thread. Just like you did Aaron Jones... just like you would any back that doesn’t weigh in your non sense 220lb threshold. That you arbitrarily require and then don’t when it’s convenient. Sorry that some of us have been around here long enough to call you out on your inconsistencies and how you try to mislead folks around here. Every thread you wander into you and spit your vitriol about players you don’t like you find mountains and mountains of false information that people don’t need. Your opinion isn’t a fact and plenty of people in this thread are spitting facts. What do you contribute? Your eyes telling you he’s not Kamara? Cool story. Kamara was a sub athlete with sub production coming out. Very, very few predicted his success pre draft and only his situation warmed folks later until he broke out.

All the Kamara references are interesting.  I seem to remember that he was not very highly thought of by more than a few in FF rookie drafts also and his ADP was sitting right around where Henderson’s is now.  His proponents were cautiously optimistic because the talent was offset by a likely timeshare, and there were a couple of relentless naysayers who were certain he wasn’t so good.

All the Kamara references are interesting.  I seem to remember that he was not very highly thought of in FF rookie drafts also and his ADP was sitting right around where Henderson’s is now.
Yep I think the SP in general was skeptical of Kamara because of Jalen Hurd.

While Igram not the same level of competition as Gurley is, still a former 1st round pick and a good RB. The Saints with a history of using a Cop heavily in the passing game. 

I ranked Kamara as a tier two RB 16th overall pre NFL draft. I had Perine and Foreman ranked ahead of him. My view of him improved because of the Saints but I was not expecting him to be as good a performer as he has been. I figured he would be like Pirere Thomas, maybe a bit better than that.

You never really know how guys will perform at the NFL level.  The signs were there that Kamara could do what hes done but most didn't expect that 

In thinking about it I do recall ZWK making some good arguments for Kamara based on the previous productivity of Saints RB. I should have listened to that more.

You would have easily labeled Kamara a COP and called it the end of the thread. Just like you did Aaron Jones... just like you would any back that doesn’t weigh in your non sense 220lb threshold. That you arbitrarily require and then don’t when it’s convenient. Sorry that some of us have been around here long enough to call you out on your inconsistencies and how you try to mislead folks around here. Every thread you wander into you and spit your vitriol about players you don’t like you find mountains and mountains of false information that people don’t need. Your opinion isn’t a fact and plenty of people in this thread are spitting facts. What do you contribute? Your eyes telling you he’s not Kamara? Cool story. Kamara was a sub athlete with sub production coming out. Very, very few predicted his success pre draft and only his situation warmed folks later until he broke out.
Right, I diss players I don’t like. That’s how it works. I also have an outstanding long-term track record of getting things right.

You keep bringing up Aaron Jones like he’s a stud. LOL. Jones has a LONG way to go before he’s considered a top FF asset. I advocated selling him when you could get a 1st in the outstanding 2018 class. That was the time to cash out unless you REALLY needed his production. BTW, I stand by my evaluation that Jones won’t be a long-term feature back. His time could very well end as a starter next year due to the strong 2020 RB class.

Can we get back to Henderson? If so, I want to reiterate how he’s not going to be a long-term feature back, thus, will likely never attain the status of a top dynasty asset.

BTW, I loved Kamara coming out.

Also, my standard is 215, not 220, but like I’ve said many times, it’s not a hard template. For example, Cook easily passes my criteria.

I want to reiterate how he’s not going to be a long-term feature back, thus, will likely never attain the status of a top dynasty asset.
You've said this about a dozen times. if it's all you're going to say, without adding any hard objective evidence to support it, then please stop posting here; you've made your point, you're on record, move on

You've said this about a dozen times. if it's all you're going to say, without adding any hard objective evidence to support it, then please stop posting here; you've made your point, you're on record, move on
You beat me to it and used less hyperbole.

Yeah, I did that just for Bojang. The dude is incredibly disrespectful hiding behind a keyboard.

We can all move on as far as that goes. You included. The thread is interesting, though. Also, if somebody interacts with me, I’ll generally respond.

BTW, where’s your hard evidence? Subjectively comparing him to Kamara & Cook over & over? Or the gaudy YPC at Memphis just like Pollard had?

LOL. That’s not evidence. That’s subjectivety just like everyone else in this thread (me included).

Feel free to leave the thread when you don’t see anything else interesting or you don’t get any interaction. I’ll do the same.

& BojangSo that solves it... no one quote him and he will go away

let's see if he sticks to his word
Huh? That's not what I said.

I'll likely post again. This thread is interesting to me because of the difference in where I have Henderson & where guys like you have him.

Again, I respect the posters who can agree to disagree. Guys like you & Bojang simply don't like what you're hearing. It gets personal for you & him (& maybe some others).

I really don't have a suggestion of how to make it better for you. Put me on ignore is about the only thing you can do (which you've threatened to do many times when we disagree). It's funny how cordial you can be when we agree. I don't get it, LOL.

Huh? That's not what I said.

I'll likely post again. This thread is interesting to me because of the difference in where I have Henderson & where guys like you have him.

Again, I respect the posters who can agree to disagree. Guys like you & Bojang simply don't like what you're hearing. It gets personal for you & him (& maybe some others).

I really don't have a suggestion of how to make it better for you. Put me on ignore is about the only thing you can do (which you've threatened to do many times when we disagree). It's funny how cordial you can be when we agree. I don't get it, LOL.
I usually have you on ignore. idk why I took you off. thanks for suggesting it

FTR I disagree with several people cordially. especially when they offer more than "I just dont like him" as their reasoning, or some weird weight requirement

Wow ok. Gonna pose a question that maybe helps get us on a new track. Can we compare him to Lindsay in terms of running styles? Not talking about weight or role or who they were as prospects. Is Lindsay a similar runner to Henderson in terms of the downhill, upright (no juke) style as has been described above? I don't seem to remember seeing Lindsay do a lot of lateral jump cuts and such. More of hitting angles hard and blowing past people. 

I know their role is likely different but I see Henderson as having a floor similar to Lindsay in terms of fantasy value. I think DH will carve out a nice receiving and complimentary role to Gurley and that he finishes as a bottom end RB2 with weekly TD upside. 

Instead of yapping about his ceiling (since we all know Gurley is there), can we agree he has a flex worthy floor? Or no?

I think DH will carve out a nice receiving and complimentary role to Gurley and that he finishes as a bottom end RB2 with weekly TD upside. 

Instead of yapping about his ceiling (since we all know Gurley is there), can we agree he has a flex worthy floor? Or no?
I wont comment on Lindsay as I can admit to watching maybe 1.5 games worth of Denver football last year, so i dont feel I can comment on how he was used last year or how he looked. (although i watched a lot of Colorado games when he played there, so I can see your comparison reasons)

In PPR leagues I see him as a low end RB2. I just look at who finished there in 2018- several COP guys in lesser offenses (Dion Lewis, Yeldon, Ekeler, Howard, Richard)... I dont see DH finishing lower. 

I know their role is likely different but I see Henderson as having a floor similar to Lindsay in terms of fantasy value. I think DH will carve out a nice receiving and complimentary role to Gurley and that he finishes as a bottom end RB2 with weekly TD upside. 

Lindsay was RB14 in PPG so if we are talking what Lindsay was last year no I would not describe that as Henderson's floor.

Can't say if he is flex worthy, not sure what your criteria would be but I think his floor, and this assume he is healthy, is something like 8 PPG  and that's desperation flex to me.

In PPR format the Rams RB's put up a shade under 29 points a game. Gurley when healthy was 26PPG so even if you lop 30% of his production you got about 10-11 RB points a game and Malcolm Brown will get some.  Now they might start throwing to RB's a little more, and IMO for Henderson to be a stand alone asset with a healthy Gurley that's what is going to be needed because improving on efficiency or rushing TD's will be difficult.

It remains to be seen how much usage Henderson gets, but a possible FLEX start here & there in a PPR? Sure.

Depth is more important than ever in FF. It's very unlikely he'll produce enough to be considered an every week starter, though. 

Wow ok. Gonna pose a question that maybe helps get us on a new track. Can we compare him to Lindsay in terms of running styles? Not talking about weight or role or who they were as prospects. Is Lindsay a similar runner to Henderson in terms of the downhill, upright (no juke) style as has been described above? I don't seem to remember seeing Lindsay do a lot of lateral jump cuts and such. More of hitting angles hard and blowing past people. 
I don't see Lindsay, personally. Lindsay doesn't come off us upright to me, might have the quickest feet in the league, and has an extra gear. Henderson obvioiusly has the bigger frame. I don't have a good comp for Henderson. 

I'd say Lindsay's 2018 would be a lofty ceiling for Henderson, if Gurley is healthy. Lindsay led his team in carries. I think Gurley would need to miss a few games for Henderson to put up those numbers. 

I wouldn't feel comfortable starting Henderson in my flex week 1. I think he'll be extremely efficient and will have some big games here and there, but Gurley is still one of the better 3 down backs in the league, when healthy. 

Having said all of that, I think LAR was a perfect fit for him, and he's an RB1 if Gurley goes down. 

I usually have you on ignore. idk why I took you off. thanks for suggesting it

FTR I disagree with several people cordially. especially when they offer more than "I just dont like him" as their reasoning, or some weird weight requirement
I told you why I don't like him as a feature back. In short, his escapability traits aren't good enough considering his lack of size.

A decent COP in a good offense? Sure, I can agree with that.

I have 4 shares of Henderson, buying him at 1.11, 1.12, 1.10, and 1.12. I bought with the expectation that he would be a nice 3rd down back to compliment Gurley and if we are REALLY lucky, he becomes a Kamara light for that offense. Worst case he's maybe a healthy Chris Thompson, who when on the field, was putting up very nice PPR numbers with McVay in DC. And quite frankly, after the top 3 Rbs, I just didn't see a lot worth drafting in the first 2 rounds (unless late 2nd) so I felt comfortable "reaching" for him in the late 1st. McVay will make good use of him IMO. 

Why do we assume that Henderson is going to get the passing down work? I think he’s an every n series kind of guy,  not the passing down back. 

Why do we assume that Henderson is going to get the passing down work? I think he’s an every n series kind of guy,  not the passing down back. 
That's actually a very good point. It's the true definition of a COP.

Henderson is a competent pass-catcher, but not a plus receiver where he's a big part of the passing gameplan.

I saw a stat where Henderson split out wide a fair amount at Memphis, but he only had 19 receptions last season (more of a decoy).

Lindsay was RB14 in PPG so if we are talking what Lindsay was last year no I would not describe that as Henderson's floor.

Can't say if he is flex worthy, not sure what your criteria would be but I think his floor, and this assume he is healthy, is something like 8 PPG  and that's desperation flex to me.

In PPR format the Rams RB's put up a shade under 29 points a game. Gurley when healthy was 26PPG so even if you lop 30% of his production you got about 10-11 RB points a game and Malcolm Brown will get some.  Now they might start throwing to RB's a little more, and IMO for Henderson to be a stand alone asset with a healthy Gurley that's what is going to be needed because improving on efficiency or rushing TD's will be difficult.
I'm assuming Henderson's role will be largely as a receiver. Which is why I said his role is presumably going to be different than what Lindsay's was/is, even though I didn't specify that. But I don't think they drafted Henderson to play Brown in front of him. I say Brown will be a nonfactor aside from the occasional touches here and there. But yeah something like 10 to 14 pts seem right. I think realistically it *will* be a bit of a desperation flex. Some weeks it will be 7 to 9 pts and other weeks it will be 16 to 24, if they use him effectively and he scores a TD. Maybe better for best ball? Lindsay wasn't terribly consistent either. To be fair I did say DH would end up a back end RB2 as his floor and to your point, Lindsay was a top end RB2, so I'll concede Lindsay is above his floor.  

That's actually a very good point. It's the true definition of a COP.

Henderson is a competent pass-catcher, but not a plus receiver where he's a big part of the passing gameplan.

I saw a stat where Henderson split out wide a fair amount at Memphis, but he only had 19 receptions last season (more of a decoy).
I don’t think he’s going to be in over Gurley every passing play either. I’m assuming Gurley (and probably Brown too) are better in pass pro since they’re heavier and more experienced. But I do think McVay will want him on the field a good amount and when he’s out there he’s going to get the ball in space. Often times via the passing game.

You can see in his clips he catches the ball naturally with his hands. There’s also highlights of him running routes and making catches deep down the field. Lots of backs can catch screens and dumpoffs. Not many can catch the ball 20-30 yards down the field. I can’t imagine any LB staying with him with his acceleration and quickness and I assume that’s a mismatch McVay wants to exploit. Or he’ll force the defense to go dime or smaller and then Henderson can be handed the ball against a light front.

No Lindsay has elite jump cuts and lateral ability. They are very different in that regard - not saying one is better or worse but very different styles.

Good comp for Henderson. Both have the extreme burst and no-nonsense style. Henderson has a more sturdy build though. 

Having gone back and watching some Felix Jones Arkansas clips, that’s my favorite comp for Henderson:

Explosive, a bit upright, north-south, dangerous in space with a head of steam, crazy efficiency in non-pro style offenses, similar builds and athletic traits, a little stiff in the hips.

Lets hope Henderson can stay healthy and keep his weight in check, unlike Felix.

Having gone back and watching some Felix Jones Arkansas clips, that’s my favorite comp for Henderson:

Explosive, a bit upright, north-south, dangerous in space with a head of steam, crazy efficiency in non-pro style offenses, similar builds and athletic traits, a little stiff in the hips.

Lets hope Henderson can stay healthy and keep his weight in check, unlike Felix.
Ironically in the Dallas area, and obviously because he played in Dallas, but they've been throwing around the Felix Jones comp for his Henderson's ex-teammate  Pollard.

One thing that Henderson is way better at then I ever saw from Felix is his ability to line up as a WR and has some ball tracking skills I never saw from Felix.

In terms of build, workout measurements and way I think the plan to use him while Gurley is healthy the player I'd comp Henderson to is Gio Bernard. Now despite the similar builds and workout numbers they don't run alike in the least(Dalvin Cook remains best style/frame comp to me), but can see similar usage/plan for him. That's what I think his floor would look like, what you see from Gio when Mixon is healthy.

Ironically in the Dallas area, and obviously because he played in Dallas, but they've been throwing around the Felix Jones comp for his Henderson's ex-teammate  Pollard.

One thing that Henderson is way better at then I ever saw from Felix is his ability to line up as a WR and has some ball tracking skills I never saw from Felix.

In terms of build, workout measurements and way I think the plan to use him while Gurley is healthy the player I'd comp Henderson to is Gio Bernard. Now despite the similar builds and workout numbers they don't run alike in the least(Dalvin Cook remains best style/frame comp to me), but can see similar usage/plan for him. That's what I think his floor would look like, what you see from Gio when Mixon is healthy.
I don’t see Cook, personally. I question Henderson’s lateral agility, and see that as a strength of Cook’s. In space they’re pretty similar, but Henderson is more explosive. In traffic, I think Cook is much more elusive.

I don’t know what to expect from him this season. I wouldn’t be shocked by Gio usage, but see him as a more complete back. I think he’ll get his targets, but don’t see him as the primary passing down back.

FTR: I have him as my RB3 in this class. I have Murray, Hock, and Fant over him in the 1.04 - 1.06 range, assuming you’re willing to draft a QB or TE that high. But if not, I see an argument for taking him as high as 1.04, assuming trading back/out is not an option. 

I know it sounds like I’m low on him, compared to some in this thread, but I actually do like him a good deal, more than his ADP.

I don’t see Cook, personally. I question Henderson’s lateral agility, and see that as a strength of Cook’s. In space they’re pretty similar, but Henderson is more explosive. In traffic, I think Cook is much more elusive.

I don’t know what to expect from him this season. I wouldn’t be shocked by Gio usage, but see him as a more complete back. I think he’ll get his targets, but don’t see him as the primary passing down back.

FTR: I have him as my RB3 in this class. I have Murray, Hock, and Fant over him in the 1.04 - 1.06 range, assuming you’re willing to draft a QB or TE that high. But if not, that’s understandable and I see an argument for taking him as high as 1.04, assuming trading back/out is not an option. 

I know it sounds like I’m low on him, compared to some in this thread, but I actually do like him a good deal, more than his ADP.
I’m with you on his ranking, in the mid-1st pick range.

I’m sitting at 1.3, 1.4 and 1.10 in one league where I own Gurley, and plan on grabbing Henderson at 1.04 and not chancing him falling to 1.10. I figure the WR I'll get at 1.10 is not much different from the WR I’ll get at 1.4. 

I’m with you on his ranking, in the mid-1st pick range.
Not to nitpick, but wI'll point out that I wouldn't draft him in the mid-1st, despite him being the 7th rookie on my board. He's a late first round value, imo. I get why you're doing it, but just wanted to clarify, in case I was misunderstood. 

Not to nitpick, but wI'll point out that I wouldn't draft him in the mid-1st, despite him being the 7th rookie on my board. He's a late first round value, imo. I get why you're doing it, but just wanted to clarify, in case I was misunderstood. 
So who do you take at 1.07 then? You say you wouldn’t take him til late first, but you have to pick SOMEONE at those 1.7-1.10 picks. 

So who do you take at 1.07 then? You say you wouldn’t take him til late first, but you have to pick SOMEONE at those 1.7-1.10 picks. 
This goes back to the discussion over the last 8 pages...  

You can trade down and gamble on him falling to 1.10-1.12 so that you can post in an online forum and not get ridiculed for "reaching," but then watch him get scooped up at 1.8 or 1.9 and then kick yourself for trading down for "value" in a very unpredictable draft where value is a muddy term 1.5-2.3.

Or you can be happy your guy is there and take him. 

May the odds be ever in your favor

I like Murray, Hock, and Fant more than him, so if I'm going to stick at 1.07, I'd take one of them. But in general, I don't like the value in the mid-1st this year, so I'd try to trade out of it. 

This goes back to the discussion over the last 8 pages...  

You can trade down and gamble on him falling to 1.10-1.12 so that you can post in an online forum and not get ridiculed for "reaching," but then watch him get scooped up at 1.8 or 1.9 and then kick yourself for trading down for "value" in a very unpredictable draft where value is a muddy term 1.5-2.3.

Or you can be happy your guy is there and take him. 

May the odds be ever in your favor
I haven't ridiculed anyone. If Henderson is that much more valuable to you than the guys likely to be on the board if you get sniped, then the right move is to take him. I never said otherwise. That's just not the case for me. Nothing personal. 

I haven't ridiculed anyone. If Henderson is that much more valuable to you than the guys likely to be on the board if you get sniped, then the right move is to take him. I never said otherwise. That's just not the case for me. Nothing personal. 
Not intended to imply you or anyone in particular

I like Murray, Hock, and Fant more than him, so if I'm going to stick at 1.07, I'd take one of them. But in general, I don't like the value in the mid-1st this year, so I'd try to trade out of it. 

Not trying to be a jerk but...:)

ALL the 6 players you have ranked above Henderson are drafted before you, and you can’t find a trade partner to trade down. Who do you pick at 1.7?

i know it’s a big hypothetical since odds are high that one of the 2 TEs and Murray are there at 1.7, but still, I've had my rankings before where I’m sure I’ll get one of my top X players and a worst case scenario happens where all of “my guys” are taken. So I always want to rank the number of players that match where my draft pick is, so I’m not making that worst case scenario decision while on the clock. 

Love your  contributions on this board btw, Coop!

Not trying to be a jerk but...:)

ALL the 6 players you have ranked above Henderson are drafted before you, and you can’t find a trade partner to trade down. Who do you pick at 1.7?

i know it’s a big hypothetical since odds are high that one of the 2 TEs and Murray are there at 1.7, but still, I've had my rankings before where I’m sure I’ll get one of my top X players and a worst case scenario happens where all of “my guys” are taken. So I always want to rank the number of players that match where my draft pick is, so I’m not making that worst case scenario decision while on the clock. 

Love your  contributions on this board btw, Coop!
If the 6 guys I like more go before him and I am unable to trade the pick, I'd take Henderson, in a vacuum. (If I am competing and have a hole in my starting lineup, I'd likely bite the bulltet and take Montgomery.)

If the 6 guys I like more go before him and I am unable to trade the pick, I'd take Henderson, in a vacuum. (If I am competing and have a hole in my starting lineup, I'd likely bite the bulltet and take Montgomery.)
Thought so ;)

It definitely is an "in a vacuum" kind of scenario I forced you into. 

Thanks for taking the time to answer. 

Users who are viewing this thread