What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Darrynton Evans, TEN (1 Viewer)

It's possible, sure. I'm still picturing Tannehill in a red jersey and have doubts
Yeah they wont hit the QB in practice so things will not be full steam as far as that goes. Its going to be a challenge for all teams not having the preseason games.

As BB points out the college teams do this without preseason games every year.

You make a good point about the trust level the coaches have with the rookie players and Evans didnt show good pass protection in college based off what I have read about him and some of what I have watched, he blew some blocking assignments I saw as well.

I've been allowed to do what? Share a method that has a very good track record & has helped me in the hobby we all enjoy?

That's trolling now?

🤣
Yes, it very much is a troll. It’s not a theory and never has been. A theory has stability, you on the other hand will move your statements around to try and stir up anger (pissing in the pool). You have for years, you continue to and staff continues to not care while banning others who posted frequently. Staff that don’t post a damn thing or contribute anything in here. It’s pathetic. You bring down the IQ around here and make it less enjoyable to be apart of this board. Congrats on that.

Yes, it very much is a troll. It’s not a theory and never has been. A theory has stability, you on the other hand will move your statements around to try and stir up anger (pissing in the pool). You have for years, you continue to and staff continues to not care while banning others who posted frequently. Staff that don’t post a damn thing or contribute anything in here. It’s pathetic. You bring down the IQ around here and make it less enjoyable to be apart of this board. Congrats on that.
People like you just don't get it. You stick to your initial thoughts & never change. Worse, you condemn people who color outside the lines. The biggest point, though, is the belief 200-pound RBs aren't at a monumental disadvantage in today's NFL. It's mind-blowing.

I've been in this hobby a long time with a ton of success. The reason is I adapt well. As far as the way I scout smaller RBs, I wouldn't waste my time listening to nonsense like yours (& a few others) if I didn't feel the need to give back a little bit to this board (& the hobby, in general). Like I said earlier, you can take something from it or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: LBH
He’s just giving his opinion on a board with many of them. I don’t understand how that is considered trolling. Even if you think his reasoning is flawed I’m not sure why anyone would be bothered by it

In-house Titans writer Jim Wyatt believes it "remains to be seen" what third-round rookie Darrynton Evans' role will be. 

Per Wyatt, coach Mike Vrabel has said on "numerous occasions" it will "depend on how much the rookie can handle." That's not exactly earth-shattering news, but it is notable the Titans aren't anointing Evans even with so little behind him on the depth chart. Considering the importance of the running game in Tennessee, the Titans remain a candidate to sign veteran depth between now and Week 1. 

SOURCE: tennesseetitans.com 

Aug 13, 2020, 10:34 PM ET

5 Titans training camp observations: Darrynton Evans flashes potential, explosiveness

Excerpt:

Evans flashes explosiveness

The Titans are excited about third-round pick Darrynton Evans’ potential as an explosive playmaker, a reputation the running back developed with Appalachian State.

He showed it during one-on-ones early in practice. Working against David Long, Evans briefly slipped on a cone before recovering. As Long approached, Evans countered with a wicked juke that allowed him to get past the linebacker.

doghouse today, fumbled twice in non-tackling drills

This can be good. If he holds the ball well while getting the coach's attention this works out as an inadvertent 'look at me coach' moment. If he fumbles more though, that's trouble

Rotoworld take:

The Titan's Insider's Terry McCormick noted that RB Darrynton Evans fumbled twice in team periods.

Evans is a shifty back who can make an impact from Week 1 as a receiving-threat out of the backfield. He caught 39 passes at Appalachian State and Tennessee lacks depth behind Derrick Henry. However, this rocky start to camp isn't ideal for his shot at backing up Henry. Luckily for Evans, the Titans may have no choice but to make him Henry's understudy. Dalyn Dawkins was the No. 3 back in Tennessee last year and recorded just 11 carries. Evans remains a premium Zero RB target and late-round back in fantasy drafts.

SOURCE: Terry McCormick on Twitter

Aug 16, 2020, 4:18 PM ET

Zero fumbles in college. The team isn't concerned today.

Dawkins didn't pan out as scat back neither has Muhammad. Maybe this year but as weak as the backups are I gotta figure Senorise Perry as most likely third RB to keep. And....yeah....sign someone

Zero fumbles in college. The team isn't concerned today.
Its a big jump as far as level of competition.

Do you know if the fumbles were just mental errors by Evans or was their contact involved? I imagine some of the skills a NFL defender has would not be tested as much in the Sun Belt.

Its a big jump as far as level of competition.

Do you know if the fumbles were just mental errors by Evans or was their contact involved? I imagine some of the skills a NFL defender has would not be tested as much in the Sun Belt.
One was punched out by an OLB that spent last year on PS, signed, and by all accounts he looked fired up.

Idk on the other

On board! I own Henry and picked Evans up at 3.04 in our rookie draft. Seems relatively cheap for pretty decent insurance.

On board! I own Henry and picked Evans up at 3.04 in our rookie draft. Seems relatively cheap for pretty decent insurance.
In what was not as deep a draft last season, we saw a similar back in Darrell Henderson go much higher.  Evans is not going to take carries away from Henry, but Evans has some stand-alone value as the lightning to Henry's thunder, and, like you say, he makes a nice insurance policy.

Cameron Scarlett and Evans ran with the ones after they rested Henry.

Evans got banged up late; no new, no concern re injury

IDK Scarlett but ya gotta note anyone other than those two getting time with the ones

NBC Sports' Peter King cites a Titans source stating third-round rookie RB Darrynton Evans "has a chance to be a poor man’s Alvin Kamara.”

Evans has missed a week of practice with an undisclosed injury, but it's clear the Titans continue to think highly of the running back after this year's NFL draft. The question is if Evans has been on the practice field long enough to meet those expectations. King distinctly notes Evans' role would not take touches away from Derrick Henry, instead he would be used all over the formation. It is unclear who could fill that void if Evans is not ready, as the Titans roster is full of journeymen on the depth chart behind Henry and the rookie.

SOURCE: Football Morning in America

Aug 31, 2020, 6:35 PM ET

ESPN's Turron Davenport only projects the Titans to roster two running backs on their 53-man roster.

Derrick Henry and Darrynton Evans are the two. Henry is set for 250-300 carries and could be utilized more as a receiver following Dion Lewis' departure. He's a first-round pick in fantasy drafts. Meanwhile, Evans has an up-and-down camp, but he must've done enough to warrant this two-back projection. In the event Henry misses games, Evans would likely get the crack at a dozen-plus touches as a speedy runner and receiver, although Tennessee would certainly look towards free agency to help Evans out as well.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/29758974

ESPN's Turron Davenport only projects the Titans to roster two running backs on their 53-man roster.

Derrick Henry and Darrynton Evans are the two. Henry is set for 250-300 carries and could be utilized more as a receiver following Dion Lewis' departure. He's a first-round pick in fantasy drafts. Meanwhile, Evans has an up-and-down camp, but he must've done enough to warrant this two-back projection. In the event Henry misses games, Evans would likely get the crack at a dozen-plus touches as a speedy runner and receiver, although Tennessee would certainly look towards free agency to help Evans out as well. Evans, a third-rounder out of App State, is a late-round flier in deeper leagues as a pure insurance type.

Sep 2, 2020, 2:20 PM ET

News has been weak this summer and it's unusual and difficult to digest, but the little we heard of his pass pro was that he struggled.

There has been plenty of time to improve and nothing reported so it's possible he did but I'm leaning toward him getting more work down the line once he proves pass pro skills in practice.

This is very much just a guess

Blasingame, not Evans, Henry's top backup.

Lots of love for him in camp wrap-up articles and cutdown day articles.

There is certainly room for both but this should deter handcuffs in ff

Blasingame, not Evans, Henry's top backup.

Lots of love for him in camp wrap-up articles and cutdown day articles.

There is certainly room for both but this should deter handcuffs in ff
Evans being out should give us a good look at Blasingame's improvement and gauge this for FF

Head’s up - not on the injury report, set to debut. 

I grabbed him as a “just in case” lottery ticket. Ya never know. If you’ve got a bench spot to play with, there’s worst adds, redraft folks. 💡 

Titans RB Darrynton Evans was removed from the team's injury report.

Evans practiced in full on Friday and is expected to make his debut behind Derrick Henry as the team's third-down back. Henry has out-targeted Jeremy McNichols 5 to 1 to this point, simultaneously tying Josh Jacobs for the league lead in running back touches (59), but the King's receiving-game role could change with Evans suddenly in the fold. It's something to monitor in Week 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Titans RB Darrynton Evans (hamstring) was placed on injured reserve. 

Evans, after missing Wednesday's practice, is out for at least three weeks. The rookie has struggled with hamstring issues for more than a month. With Evans out, Jeremy McNichols should be rostered in 12-team leagues as the next running back up after Derrick Henry. For now, McNichols should see some weekly usage, especially on passing downs. He saw ten touches in Week 5 against the Bills. 

RELATED: 

Jeremy McNichols

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter 

Oct 15, 2020, 11:35 AM ET

Titans activated RB Darrynton Evans (hamstring) from injured reserve.

Evans appeared in two games before going on I.R., rushing five times for 21 yards across 13 snaps. He's not going to see any notable usage in Tennessee as long as Derrick Henry remains healthy as the 25-30 touches bellcow.

Dec 7, 2020, 6:11 PM ET

Titans RB Darrynton Evans has worked as a receiver in the team's OTA sessions. 

Many running backs get work as a receiver during offseason workouts, when teams mostly work on pass game basics. Evans' OTA usage could be noteworthy if he serves as the team's main pass-catching back behind the dominant Derrick Henry, who saw 25 targets in 16 games last year. Evans, a third round pick in 2020, rushed 14 times for 54 yards and caught two passes for 27 yards and a touchdown across five regular season games last season. He dealt with a range of injuries that left him as Tennessee's RB3 for much of the year. Evans, 22, will enter 2021 as the favorite to inherit the team's starting job should anything befall the indestructible Henry. 

RELATED: 

Derrick Henry

SOURCE: TennesseeTitans.com

May 28, 2021, 10:03 AM ET

Only so many people showed up and let's not overthink WR drills. If he lines up at WR often in an offensive set then it's noteworthy

He is somewhat considered a lock to be the #2 RB behind Henry right? And possibly 3rd down back? Seems like a good late sleeper no? 

Brian Hill is not a threat. He's an in case Evans isn't good enough to be the primary backup insurance policy. 

MAC_32 said:
Brian Hill is not a threat. He's an in case Evans isn't good enough to be the primary backup insurance policy. 
I agree with you about Hill.  The jury is still out on Evans because we haven't seen enough, but I think he's the guy behind Henry.

I agree with you about Hill.  The jury is still out on Evans because we haven't seen enough, but I think he's the guy behind Henry.
For me I dont know if Evans will be any good or not but I know Brian Hill is not good enough for me to bother with so I will take the mystery box over him every time.

Seems like the back to own behind Henry.   He was sitting there on my waiver wire all of last year.  As the Henry owner, I feel negligent not scooping him.    I can't speak for the rest of my league, but I think I heard too many sources saying that he's just a scatback if Henry goes down.   I interpreted this to mean that he's probably the most valuable TEN back if DH goes down, but he's sharing the backfield with Foreman, McNichols, and I think there was some fullback whose name escapes me in a RBBC.   This year Foreman is out and Hill is in.

I think I kind of look at backup RBs in a 24-man fantasy roster as a worthy handcuff deserving of a roster spot if they will become a starter / fantasy RB2 / RB13-24 with an injury to the #1.   Do you guys think he gets there?   I'm kind of thinking more of a high end RB3, which is arguably a flex starter.   The other factor with Evans is how durable Henry has been.

He will be available, mixed in to the rookie draft.   I think I view him as a 4th round target somewhat unlikely to make it to the top of my draft board.

Seems like the back to own behind Henry.   He was sitting there on my waiver wire all of last year.  As the Henry owner, I feel negligent not scooping him.    I can't speak for the rest of my league, but I think I heard too many sources saying that he's just a scatback if Henry goes down.   I interpreted this to mean that he's probably the most valuable TEN back if DH goes down, but he's sharing the backfield with Foreman, McNichols, and I think there was some fullback whose name escapes me in a RBBC.   This year Foreman is out and Hill is in.

I think I kind of look at backup RBs in a 24-man fantasy roster as a worthy handcuff deserving of a roster spot if they will become a starter / fantasy RB2 / RB13-24 with an injury to the #1.   Do you guys think he gets there?   I'm kind of thinking more of a high end RB3, which is arguably a flex starter.   The other factor with Evans is how durable Henry has been.

He will be available, mixed in to the rookie draft.   I think I view him as a 4th round target somewhat unlikely to make it to the top of my draft board.
Khari Blasingame is the FB and last I heard from Bri he seemed to think that Blasingame might be the back up to Henry. Or perhaps it would be a split between Blasingame and Evans each fulfilling more niche roles.

@Bri Am I remembering this correctly? Or do you think things have changed?

Eager to hear what Bri has to say about Brian Hill. Considering the line Hill had to work behind in ATL, some may be selling him short. I know Jonnu and Davis will be missed in the run game, but Reynolds is a solid run blocking receiver, and you'd have to figure there's a plan in place FB/TE to set edge and extend perimeter the way those 2 did for Henry.

On Evans, IMO, he's a satellite back, at best, limited touches in specific situations to maximize role. Not one to expect more than a percentage of time share if Henry were to go missing.

• Thanks
Reactions: Bri
Khari Blasingame is the FB and last I heard from Bri he seemed to think that Blasingame might be the back up to Henry. Or perhaps it would be a split between Blasingame and Evans each fulfilling more niche roles.

Well that's true for sure, then. Evans is a nobody if he hasn't picked up pass pro at an NFL level. If he can show that he has, then he's their third down back. I don't get the vibe "lead RB" looking at him play. He's smallish and I wouldn't put a series past him but I'm not buying that he's that type.

I think Brian Hill is the backup RB now ànd it's gonna be very hard for Evans to be anything more than a piece of the puzzle.

Blasingame faces a challenge by a top rated HS and college FB that can also play TE. That battle is gonna be great for camp. Hill started playing hback fullback so he'll be a part too. I think as they shift from the 2 and 3TE offense, they'll have a hback. Their Tackles are totally up for the switch but they may need some help now n then

I'm watching this one now.

Evan's had to leave the game some sort of leg injury. McNickols came in for him.

Maybe he comes back though, I dont know.

The main thing I've seen in the first quarter is the Falcons blocking is terrible.

Waiting on injury info 

Henry has barely practiced. He's been the lead back while they rest the King.

Every day isn't padded (seems less every year) and when the pads come on Hill is subbing for him often which probably indicates a future share.

McNichols is an odd 4th RB that the staff trusts and subbed in playoff games.

Evans lacks punch but is easily the best athlete. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a three way share if Henry goes down.

Evans has passed the pass blocking test, just fyi, he's trusted now.

That said...

If we're not plugging people into Henry's role and God forbid he gets hurt- I'd imagine a million passes in a pass happy offense with Evans catching a dozen. They're NOT gonna plug in meh players to Henry's role while they have gems at WR. Why would they feed Evans a ton and not Julio and AJB? 

Even as a Henry owner, I'm not the least bit interested in Evans. Classic case of not enough lead in his pants for a FF-worthy role (of any depth).

Size (pounds) matter for RBs. Not much debate about it at this point.

Even as a Henry owner, I'm not the least bit interested in Evans. Classic case of not enough lead in his pants for a FF-worthy role (of any depth).

Size (pounds) matter for RBs. Not much debate about it at this point.

I'm in the same boat as a Henry owner.  I would love a clear backup to emerge that I can go after in the rookie / free agent draft to get some security, but I'm not seeing it.   Seems like it should be Evans based on draft capital. I know that Waldman and the fbg podcast have been pitching Brian Hill as the backup to own, and a better fit for this offense than what he was asked to do in ATL.   I guess this is where I would lean if forced to pick.  The reality is that it would probably be a 2-man committee at best, I'm not bullish on either of the talents and would probably be better off doing other things with the roster spot.

I'm in the same boat as a Henry owner.  I would love a clear backup to emerge that I can go after in the rookie / free agent draft to get some security, but I'm not seeing it.   Seems like it should be Evans based on draft capital. I know that Waldman and the fbg podcast have been pitching Brian Hill as the backup to own, and a better fit for this offense than what he was asked to do in ATL.   I guess this is where I would lean if forced to pick.  The reality is that it would probably be a 2-man committee at best, I'm not bullish on either of the talents and would probably be better off doing other things with the roster spot.
Hill came into the league as a FB and utility type ST and RB. The Titans are reportedly getting him on the field with Henry so there is certainly some appreciation there despite Evans taking first team snaps.

(The Titans love their two FBs right now so I don't expect Hill to do much in that role)

Khari Blasingame is listed as #2 on the depth, with Evans on IR to start the sesaon. He has good speed for a big guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd6oeJBU5Fg

Anything to see here?

Users who are viewing this thread