What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB A.J. Dillon, GB (2 Viewers)

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Tom Silverstein believes the Packers “aren’t likely to re-sign” AJ Dillon.
Dillon is set to be a free agent this month and will likely be playing elsewhere in 2024. The former second-round pick drastically underperformed expectations in a contract year that saw Aaron Jones miss six games due to injury. Dillon rushed for 613 yards on 178 carries while averaging a career-low 3.4 YPC. Dillon never rushed for more than 76 yards in a game last season and eclipsed 50 yards in just six of 15 games. Profiled as a high-end bruiser back out of Boston College, Dillon has averaged just 2.80 YCO/ATT over the last two seasons while forcing a missed tackle on just 12.1 percent of his rush attempts. Dillon will be 26 at the start of next season and could land a high-profile RB2 role on the right team, but isn’t expected to garner much interest as a lead back.

Looking more and more like this guy is a drop in dynasty leagues. Will anyone sign him? I can see him without a job in 2024. He's earned it.

He just looked slow last year and seemed to get stopped easy. Maybe the play calling was too obvious at times or some blocking scheme changes didn't work. Either way, Didn't look like the same guy from '21 & '22.

I don't know what happened to this guy. He showed something early on, but his yds/carry got progressively worse each year. He was terrible at avoiding contact, I think early on he ran through a fair number of tackles, but as his career went on it almost looked like he aimed right at defenders to hit them dead center making broken tackles impossible. The contrast between him and Jones was stark. Nobody liked seeing this guy get the ball when Jones was healthy. Well, maybe the opponents did.

I don't know what happened to this guy. He showed something early on, but his yds/carry got progressively worse each year. He was terrible at avoiding contact, I think early on he ran through a fair number of tackles, but as his career went on it almost looked like he aimed right at defenders to hit them dead center making broken tackles impossible. The contrast between him and Jones was stark. Nobody liked seeing this guy get the ball when Jones was healthy. Well, maybe the opponents did.
There could be something to the way they deployed their RBs.

When Dillon came in, it was glaringly obvious what the offense was going to do.

They rarely had Dillon & Jones on the field at the same time. Dillon was rarely used in pass pro.

That sort of predictability doesn’t lend itself to productivity.

That said, I agree that he’s also looked sluggish.

He just looked slow last year and seemed to get stopped easy. Maybe the play calling was too obvious at times or some blocking scheme changes didn't work. Either way, Didn't look like the same guy from '21 & '22.
Agreed, but that 21-22 guy should still be in there. I'd happily have Dillon as an RB2 if I were a GM. Especially considering he'll probably be dirt cheap

Dillon would benefit greatly from being in a scheme that isn't outside zone based. That's a big reason why Aaron Jones always looked so much better (that and Jones being a top-3 RB when healthy) it wasn't built for Dillon's skill set.

Dillon would benefit greatly from being in a scheme that isn't outside zone based. That's a big reason why Aaron Jones always looked so much better (that and Jones being a top-3 RB when healthy) it wasn't built for Dillon's skill set.
Totally agreed. That, plus the predictability I mentioned above - dude had no chance.

I’m interested in spending a weekend with Jessica Biel. But that doesn’t mean it will happen…..
Reportedly the Cowboys have been in contact.

I’m not particularly religious, but I’m starting a prayer circle if anyone is interested in joining.
:tebow:

He'd be awesome in Dallas. I wouldn't consider it "all in" but it's probably the best landing spot any AJ Dillon owners could possibly ask for. If Rico Dowdle could produce behind that line, AJ Dillon would go for 900 to 1,100. His price range fits right in with what the Cowboys are wanting to spend too:

"The Dallas Cowboys closed their pocketbook when it came to signing running back Zack Moss, as the $8 million deal he earned from the Cincinnati Bengals escaped their "comfort point."

Where there's smoke, there's fire cuzzie.

I was hoping for big things from AJD last year but he looked finished to me. No wiggle, no speed, no power, easy to tackle, falling down behind the line of scrimmage whenever I had a chance to watch him. And he had plenty of opportunity with Aaron Jones injured for much of the year. Maybe he'll bounce back with Dallas or another team but I'll let someone else roster him.

I’m interested in spending a weekend with Jessica Biel. But that doesn’t mean it will happen…..

I’m not particularly religious, but I’m starting a prayer circle if anyone is interested in joining.
Is that a prayer for Dillon or against ?
I can't figure out which way to lean.
I guess something is better than nothing.

I have him in dynasty(he’s like my RB5, team just won the ship’ last year) and I’m not super optimistic either way about Dillon. However, I’m not sure you can pick a better landing spot than Dallas.

I have him in dynasty(he’s like my RB5, team just won the ship’ last year) and I’m not super optimistic either way about Dillon. However, I’m not sure you can pick a better landing spot than Dallas.
It would be the best possible landing spot.

….for me to immediately deal him for draft picks.

I know I was enamored with this guy coming into the league, but he has failed to impress me since his rookie year. Not sure even a Dallas landing spot would be reason for excitement.

Here's hoping they change the blocking scheme to more gap stuff than zone stuff, which also is what Jacobs is better at too.

Users who are viewing this thread