What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Dead Zone Half PPR - Request to Crowd Share League Winning Data (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
hoping for a little help. In recent half ppr drafts:

how many rbs were taken in rounds 1 & 2 (total)
how many in round 3
how many in round 4
how many in round 5
how many in round 6

could be a big help for those yet to draft

tia

Last edited:
15 of the 1st 20 picks were Running Backs

5 of the next 20 picks were Running Backs

Over 40 picks from about 21-59, only 10 were Running Backs

Rounds 7 and 8...40% of the picks were RBs, feels like the RB3 Run and it starts even earlier in some leagues, just letting you know.

Rounds 12-18, maybe 5 Running Backs go super late. Pacheco-Mattison-Spiller(me and since released for Drake)-Hines

Hope some of that helps, good luck

This is a good topic. I've listed the numbers below for some of mine.

I've also been meaning to ask this question - if everyone is so focused on avoiding the RB Dead Zone, won't we ultimately just make it go further back?

:headexplode:

12 team 1/2ppr, really weird roster requirements:
  • First - James Connor (3.03)
  • Last - AJ Dillon (5.11 - me)
  • TOTAL - 11
  • Note: Zero RBs drafted in round 6
12 team 1/2ppr:
  • First - Javonte (3.02)
  • Last - Damien Harris (6.08)
  • TOTAL - 16
14 team (sue me) 1/2ppr:
  • First - Javonte (3.01)
  • Last - Singletary (6.09)
  • TOTAL - 17

Rounds 7 and 8...40% of the picks were RBs, feels like the RB3 Run and it starts even earlier in some leagues, just letting you know.

Rounds 12-18, maybe 5 Running Backs go super late. Pacheco-Mattison-Spiller(me and since released for Drake)-Hines

Thanks for including the first 2 rounds - that's good info I forgot to ask

In a 12 teamer with pick 21 - was thinking about going WR at 1.04 but will be bad if I am looking at RB 16/WR6 in round 2

Any thoughts? Sounds like 1.04 should go with RB (Ekeler, Henry - but not thrilled with either)

Maybe the biggest observation is RB 15 in round 2 vs RB 20 2 rounds later - with like a projected variance in scoring of 15 points

Last edited:

I've also been meaning to ask this question - if everyone is so focused on avoiding the RB Dead Zone, won't we ultimately just make it go further back?

• TOTAL - 11
12 team 1/2ppr:
  • First - Javonte (3.02)
  • TOTAL - 16
14 team (sue me) 1/2ppr:
  • First - Javonte (3.01)
  • TOTAL - 17

Only looking at the second league listed as it's 12 team and not weird. In 4 whole rounds, 16 RB in 48 picks.

For that league, could you also post the total number of RB taken in round 1 &2 combined? Sorry to ask you to go back and check

Thanks for including the first 2 rounds - that's good info I forgot to ask

In a 12 teamer with pick 21 - was thinking about going WR at 1.04 but will be bad if I am looking at RB 16/WR6 in round 2

Any thoughts? Sounds like 1.04 should go with RB (Ekeler, Henry - but not thrilled with either)

Maybe the biggest observation is RB 15 in round 2 vs RB 20 2 rounds later - with like a projected variance in scoring of 15 points
Why is Joe Mixon and Najee Harris not options??? Because you can't find a website to endorse them as safe easy picks that won't lose you the season?

Why don't you look at Ekeler totals and what he typically averages per game, touches, etc...you're paying a premium or at least not getting any discount.

Harris 380 touches, how many did Ekeler get?

Mixon so boring but 1,500/15TDs, Year 2 of this explosive offense with all the pieces, what's not to like?

You can't win your league/draft in the 1st round but you sure can lose it by stepping on a land mine.

Good Luck

• TOTAL - 11
12 team 1/2ppr:
  • First - Javonte (3.02)
  • TOTAL - 16
14 team (sue me) 1/2ppr:
  • First - Javonte (3.01)
  • TOTAL - 17

Only looking at the second league listed as it's 12 team and not weird. In 4 whole rounds, 16 RB in 48 picks.

For that league, could you also post the total number of RB taken in round 1 &2 combined? Sorry to ask you to go back and check

NP.
1.01 Taylor
1.02 CMC
1.03 Ekeler
1.04 Henry
1.05 Cook
1.07 Harris
1.11 Mixon
1.12 Kamara

2.04 AJones
2.05 Swift
2.07 Barkeley
2.09 Fournette
2.12 Javonte

Why is Joe Mixon and Najee Harris not options??? Because you can't find a website to endorse them as safe easy picks that won't lose you the season?

Why don't you look at Ekeler totals and what he typically averages per game, touches, etc...you're paying a premium or at least not getting any discount.

Mixon so boring but 1,500/15TDs, Year 2 of this explosive offense with all the pieces, what's not to like?

You can't win your league/draft in the 1st round but you sure can lose it by stepping on a land mine.

Good Luck

No reason to talk down to anyone. Mostly I think there is a lot of negative regression on the guys you listed. Ekeler is likely not going to repeat, Harris dealing with a foot injury and a bad QB situation. The best argument is Mixon and he will regress as well. But I think Jefferson is a better pick than all those guys.

Structure matters. If it's a 2 RB, 2 WR league no flex, then the RBs should go earlier. If it's 2 RB, 3 WR and a flex or multiple flexes, then the WRs have more value (not as much as full PPR of course) and should be drafted earlier.

Good Luck

No reason to talk down to anyone. Mostly I think there is a lot of negative regression on the guys you listed. Ekeler is likely not going to repeat, Harris dealing with a foot injury and a bad QB situation. The best argument is Mixon and he will regress as well. But I think Jefferson is a better pick than all those guys.
Talking down?
You're taking what I wrote the wrong way, I actually am challenging you to look into Ekeler's stats because you said you were taking him or Henry, I'm trying to guide you to other options that might not look crystal clear because of all the internet jargon people read.

I don't write with malice, was just trying to help

Users who are viewing this thread