What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, DAL (2 Viewers)

For the second week in a row, he had a TD that wasn’t called or reviewed, but this time he got it on the next carry.

Ezekiel Elliott rushed 12 times for 49 yards in the Cowboys' Week 6 loss to the Cardinals Monday night.

Zeke was targeted a team-high 11 times in the pass game, catching eight of them for 31 yards, but Elliott was one of the bigger reasons the Cowboys weren't competitive. He lost a pair of first-half fumbles and has now lost four fumbles on the year after losing five his entire career coming into 2020. Behind an offensive line totally ravaged by injuries and now playing with Andy Dalton, who won't threaten defenses, Zeke is going to see a lot more attention from defenses the rest of the way. He's still an RB1 based on volume and gets an easier date at Washington in Week 7.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:30 PM ET

Cross-post. Just offered Zeke in dynasty for Aaron Jones/Justin Jefferson or K. Hunt/Jefferson/1st rounder and was rejected without much of a counter offer. (I initiated contact over email so there was no formal offer made to counter, but it sure didn't sound like he wanted to, though he was very polite.)

Seems like a lot for Zeke
It was a lot, I guess. The other owner seemed like he was more hesitant to part with a WR like Jefferson solely based on his position rather than on talent, though. But thanks for the input. Dynasty Leauge Football had both at about even. I forgot to add that it was Zeke and AJ Dillon for K. Hunt/Jefferson/1st (he rosters A. Jones). That's a slight uptick in value.

But he didn't counter with a Hunt/Jefferson drop the 1st offer, so I think it was less of "too much" than not being willing to part with a receiver. And honestly, Hunt and Jefferson aren't really enough for Zeke. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Giving Zeke the big contract was a mistake but it has nothing to do with his fumbles. If he didn't fumble once this year, its still a pretty bad decision to give that much money to a RB.

Unrelated I'm interested what other Zeke owners are doing. His schedule is brutal the next few weeks.
Trying to see what I can get from him, but it's not much.

All these so called "experts" ranking him in the top 5 this week are out of their minds. It's just groupthink and damn lazy. Did any of them watch the game last week? Washington was doing whatever they wanted on D and Philly has a much better run defense. And as bad as the Ginger Rifle looked, I can't imagine this rook getting thrown into the fire is going to be much better. Eagles pass rush will eat this week. Zeke will be lucky to post even RB2 numbers.

All these so called "experts" ranking him in the top 5 this week are out of their minds. It's just groupthink and damn lazy. Did any of them watch the game last week? Washington was doing whatever they wanted on D and Philly has a much better run defense. And as bad as the Ginger Rifle looked, I can't imagine this rook getting thrown into the fire is going to be much better. Eagles pass rush will eat this week. Zeke will be lucky to post even RB2 numbers.
While I agree with most of what you posted. Washington’s DL is LOADED and far superior than Philly’s.  I still think Zeke get stuffed. 

While I agree with most of what you posted. Washington’s DL is LOADED and far superior than Philly’s.  I still think Zeke get stuffed. 
No doubt Washington D line is loaded (as a tortured fan it's the only thing giving me a slight ray of hope) but Philly has a better run stop unit. The Wash pass rush will kill you, but they can still struggle against the run and their second level can be exploited. 

No doubt Washington D line is loaded (as a tortured fan it's the only thing giving me a slight ray of hope) but Philly has a better run stop unit. The Wash pass rush will kill you, but they can still struggle against the run and their second level can be exploited. 
The silver lining is that the Eagles' linebackers are AWFUL in coverage. I expect Zeke to score respectably in PPR. 

Is everyone looking to sell in dynasty?

I’ve been trying to buy low.  Had some back and forth offers, got this today

I give:  David Johnson/CeeDee Lamb

Get:  Zeke/Kerryon/Van Jefferson

Ezekiel Elliott rushed 19 times for 63 yards and caught 1-of-2 targets for 10 yards in Week 8 against the Eagles.

The Cowboys tried to hide Ben DiNucci behind their running game, but Elliott couldn't find running room against stacked boxes. Elliott has struggled without Dak Prescott in the lineup, rushing for 157 yards (52.3 YPG) the last three weeks. Elliott is on pace for 1,042 yards and 12 total touchdowns, numbers he's unlikely to hit playing with an injured offensive line and without Prescott. He should get Andy Dalton back for a matchup with the Steelers in Week 9.

Nov 1, 2020, 11:45 PM ET

3 straight single digit games.  Cowboys are an absolute dumpster fire.  

Dynasty buy low for next year, or get out while he's still got name value?

3 straight single digit games.  Cowboys are an absolute dumpster fire.  

Dynasty buy low for next year, or get out while he's still got name value?
IMO, I think he’s on the way down and Pollard does more with his touches. I’m obv not saying he’s better, but the Cowboys are saddled with Zeke’s big contract. Dak and key lineman will return next year, but Zeke is barely an RB2 ROS 

I remember chatter over the summer about how he supposedly was looking not as great as he had in the past, and without a productive passing game to open things up and give him lanes to run, he is looking pretty mediocre. Feels like he is a guy whose peak is in the rear view mirror.

I remember chatter over the summer about how he supposedly was looking not as great as he had in the past, and without a productive passing game to open things up and give him lanes to run, he is looking pretty mediocre. Feels like he is a guy whose peak is in the rear view mirror.
The classic 25 year old has-been /s.

Not downplaying the significant adversity the Cowboys are facing but as soon as Dak went down they immediately took on this aura of "We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas". Sure they can reload and reset next year but I would still be very concerned about how they are showing out this year. 

Pitt next week and then a bye. My hope is that my team can survive without him for two weeks and then the Oline and Dalton are healthier on the other side of the bye. 

Pitt next week and then a bye. My hope is that my team can survive without him for two weeks and then the Oline and Dalton are healthier on the other side of the bye. 
o-line was decimated by season ending injuries, so I wouldn't expect anything to change on that front. I don't care how old Zeke is, he lacks burst and explosiveness. 

HYPERBOLE!!!!!!!!

I am not Zekes biggest fan. I think he’s fat and smokes way too much weed. I dislike his personality both on and off the field. With that said, Zeke looked REALLY, REALLY good his first couple games. Fast, explosive and powerful. 

The oline is essentially four FBGs and Zach Martin. Dak is gone. The defense sucks. None of that is Zekes fault. 

I have a theory that says that any running back not named Adrian Peterson has a peak value of no more than five years, and closer to four. The game is just too violent for anyone's physiology to last longer than that.
as much as I'd like to disagree I think you are right on.

I have a theory that says that any running back not named Adrian Peterson has a peak value of no more than five years, and closer to four. The game is just too violent for anyone's physiology to last longer than that.
That is part of the never pay RBs 2nd contracts idea. You are paying for what they did, not what they'll do. I think its especially true of your more classic RBs, like Zeke, Gurley, Gordon etc. 

The only RBs who should get 2nd contracts in my eyes, are the difference making receivers, CMC, Kamara, Ekeler, guys like that who can contribute 80+ catches, and more importantly, can make those catches downfield, against DBs, and not just checkdowns against zones or LBs.

Even as a defense Zeke, I agree with this. I still think Zeke looks fine, but he doesn’t look as good as he did his first two years.
Depending on what you mean by “fine,” I disagree. He looks like an average RB at best. I understand that a lot of his value comes from being able to handle a lot of touches - and I doubt Pollard could handle 20 touches a game - but the offense is better when Pollard is on the field. Zeke has no burst, he takes too long to reach top speed - and isn’t fast when he gets there. He can’t make guys miss anymore and the power is fading, too. Now he’s fumbling and missing holes. He’s done being an above average RB until or unless he transforms his body. I don’t think he has the discipline to do that.

That is part of the never pay RBs 2nd contracts idea. You are paying for what they did, not what they'll do. I think its especially true of your more classic RBs, like Zeke, Gurley, Gordon etc. 

The only RBs who should get 2nd contracts in my eyes, are the difference making receivers, CMC, Kamara, Ekeler, guys like that who can contribute 80+ catches, and more importantly, can make those catches downfield, against DBs, and not just checkdowns against zones or LBs.
aka players who are hybrid RB/WRs. 

Maybe not the right thread for this, but the Cowboys coaching staff was killing me last night.  There were far too many gadget plays:  reverses, double reverses, wildcat with the QB splitting out wide, etc.  Seems like they decided to throw all kinds of 🙂 at the wall and hope some stuck.  

If they had that little faith in that QB, just go straight wildcat: zeke and pollard in the backfield, one of the receivers at the other RB spot, and try to beat them that way.  But the "here's another play we found in Coach Klein's green notebook, let's try this!" and "remember the annexation of puerto rico play that kid from little giants used?  That was genius, let's throw that in there," stuff was friggin' nuts, IMO. 

Maybe not the right thread for this, but the Cowboys coaching staff was killing me last night.  There were far too many gadget plays:  reverses, double reverses, wildcat with the QB splitting out wide, etc.  Seems like they decided to throw all kinds of 🙂 at the wall and hope some stuck.  

If they had that little faith in that QB, just go straight wildcat: zeke and pollard in the backfield, one of the receivers at the other RB spot, and try to beat them that way.  But the "here's another play we found in Coach Klein's green notebook, let's try this!" and "remember the annexation of puerto rico play that kid from little giants used?  That was genius, let's throw that in there," stuff was friggin' nuts, IMO. 
It was the very definition of going East-West, their trick plays. The Eagles caught on. The running off-tackle gambit was, as Collinsworth pointed out, their best trick. 

Users who are viewing this thread