What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB J.K. Dobbins, LAC (4 Viewers)

Didn't see it. Don't own him but am a fan. Hope he is ok.
Own Hill and Williams in Dynasty and were likely cuts before the season. May have to keep 1 of them now. 

I’ll be shocked if he’s not done. What an awful night for all Dobbins owners. If he’s out for an extended period of time, Gus becomes a low end #1. 

Almost real-time analysis by Dr. Morse from Miami. Knee sprain. PCL likely affected, not sure about ACL. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrJesseMorse/status/1431763322702008326
For those drafting tonight, Dr. Morse say 3-4 weeks best case. Obviously, ACL would be out for the year.
this is not from a trusted source and should be verified

JK Dobbins’ mechanism of injury is knee hyperextension with a slight valgus moment. This mechanism is not common for an ACL. The more likely diagnoses include injury to the PCL and/or MCL, as well as a possible bone bruise.

saw several similar internet diagnosis on Twitter, but not from injury experts that I normally rely upon. just throwing out that as a caveat. if this is true then it looks like not a season ender.

this is not from a trusted source and should be verified

JK Dobbins’ mechanism of injury is knee hyperextension with a slight valgus moment. This mechanism is not common for an ACL. The more likely diagnoses include injury to the PCL and/or MCL, as well as a possible bone bruise.

saw several similar internet diagnosis on Twitter, but not from injury experts that I normally rely upon. just throwing out that as a caveat. if this is true then it looks like not a season ender.
Seeing the same info of a timeline of a month. Unless more damage to acl which isn't clear from video. May have dodged a bullet

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing the same info of a timeline of a month. Unless more damage to acl which isn't clear from video. May have dodged a bullet
we should wait for further developments, but I do keep seeing that same line of reasoning. It appears that the knee was hyperextended, and that is usually not associated with an ACL.

Doc Chao(please save you Dr. Chao analysis) is saying best case it's similar to what Kittle had last year and would knock him out at least a month into the season and worst case is ligament damage knocking him out for the season. Does not look like ACL but does not mean it's not season ending.

He's prefacing this by saying it's based on limited video from one angle.

Hope lives a little longer.

Inside Injuries pic/analysis

Inside Injuries @InsideInjuries

#Ravens RB J.K. Dobbins was carted off after suffering a left knee injury today. Take a look at the angle of his leg and you can see how severe the hyper-extension was.

Best case: bone bruise and/or slight ligament sprain

Worst case: torn ACL

Doc Chao(please save you Dr. Chao analysis) is saying best case it's similar to what Kittle had last year and would knock him out at least a month into the season and worst case is ligament damage knocking him out for the season. Does not look like ACL but does not mean it's not season ending.

He's prefacing this by saying it's based on limited video from one angle.

Hope lives a little longer.
The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec reports there's "significant concern" J.K. Dobbins has a major knee injury.

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec reports there's "significant concern" J.K. Dobbins has a major knee injury.

The Ravens didn't say it, but they didn't have to. There's significant concern that J.K. Dobbins sustained major knee injury.

- Jeff Zrebiec

Is this guy an insider of NFL or Ravens? Curious where he got his information.

I truly don't know who he is.

Michael Lombardi

ETA: not sure about his information source or accuracy, but I did get an alert to this Tweet through a generally respected app. I'm sure there will be confirmation from more sources soon if it's true.

Michael Lombardi

ETA: not sure about his information source or accuracy, but I did get an alert to this Tweet through a generally respected app. I'm sure there will be confirmation from more sources soon if it's true.
I could have waited 5 minutes and saw multiple people thinking the same thing.  Most of the tweets are "Ravens suspect ACL tear."

Trade Rumors 

Rapaport

Schefter

Are they in the room?

ouch

it's easy to say "oh just don't draft him" but if he's back in 6 weeks....
If Dobbins has a fully torn ACL, they can diagnose that with 99% certainty before the MRI.  If you don’t think the Ravens pretty well know what the situation is already, you’re fooling yourself.  And not at all unusual for that information to be making the rounds pre-MRI.

If Dobbins has a fully torn ACL, they can diagnose that with 99% certainty before the MRI.  If you don’t think the Ravens pretty well know what the situation is already, you’re fooling yourself.  And not at all unusual for that information to be making the rounds pre-MRI.
To this point, when I had a torn ACL I had someone in the medical field feel my leg, bend it, and asked a few questions.

That person said I had 2 of 3 or 3 of 4 signs that my ACL was torn. So I agree they probably have a pretty good idea, but still not 100% sure.

If

Dobbins

has a fully torn ACL, they can diagnose that with 99% certainty before the MRI.  If you don’t think the Ravens pretty well know what the situation is already, you’re fooling yourself.  And not at all unusual for that information to be making the rounds pre-MRI.

Schef deleted his earlier tweet and replaced it with:

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

·

36m

J.K. Dobbins currently is undergoing his MRI, but the expectation going in was that he had suffered a season-ending knee injury, per sources

for once he got scooped.

To this point, when I had a torn ACL I had someone in the medical field feel my leg, bend it, and asked a few questions.

That person said I had 2 of 3 or 3 of 4 signs that my ACL was torn. So I agree they probably have a pretty good idea, but still not 100% sure.

Yeah, if it's a complete tear they know in about 5 seconds.

I drafted yesterday, took Drake over Edwards late, only to hear this news as I got into my car.

Meh

could have should have.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports an MRI confirmed that J.K. Dobbins suffered a torn ACL and will miss the 2021 season.

This officially elevates Gus Edwards to RB2 status and puts Justice Hill on the radar in PPR leagues. Edwards has been a highly efficient runner to start his career, averaging over five yards per carry in each of his three pro seasons. While Edwards may be able to partially replace Dobbins as a runner, he can’t backfill what Dobbins brought as a pass-catcher. Edwards has averaged .4 receptions per game over his career. Hill, who caught 49 passes in three years at Oklahoma State, will be Baltimore’s primary back on third downs. With the typical recovery time for a torn ACL being around nine months, Dobbins should be ready for the start of training camp in 2022.

- Adam Schefter, Twitter

For deep keeper folks, anyone still keeping him and punting to 2022?
We declare our keepers Tuesday night, then draft on Labor Day.  We only keep a half-dozen guys, so I hate to spend a keeper spot on someone who's going to net me 0 points all year.

Plan is to not keep Dobbins, pick him in the middle of the draft, then put him on IR for the year.

Guys out for the year often go undrafted/unclaimed in our league, but I'll spend a late pick to reclaim him and stash on IR.

Users who are viewing this thread