What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB James Conner, ARZ (3 Viewers)

Tentatively plugging Samuels in over Bell. Will probably flip flop on this, but if JuJu can't go, Sam could get lots of short work along with a full running load.

Tentatively plugging Samuels in over Bell. Will probably flip flop on this, but if JuJu can't go, Sam could get lots of short work along with a full running load.
Watched the game last week and fully expected Samuels to be the workhorse but Edmonds got a lot more rushes than expected.

Just made it hard enough to predict this week and hard to plug Samuels into my RB2 spot over some other middling talent.

Ive been flip flopping all week as well.

A Samuels owner here. Just curious if any Conner owners are bailing and trading him away? If so, what are you looking for?

Not trying to stir things up. Just trying to get a sense if you're grip is firm on Conner or not.

I don't think he's getting a full running load.  He got barely any rushing yards last week.  If he's not in the Wildcat I don't think he gets much rushing opportunity.  

He is going to catch like 15 passes from their joke of a QB. 

A Samuels owner here. Just curious if any Conner owners are bailing and trading him away? If so, what are you looking for?

Not trying to stir things up. Just trying to get a sense if you're grip is firm on Conner or not.
Just traded away Coleman for Connor.

I own Samuels and was waffling over who to start between Samuels and Coleman.

This makes my decision for me and if Connor is dead, so be it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just traded away Coleman for Connor.

I own Samuels and was waffling over who to start between Samuels and Coleman.

This makes my decision for me and if Connor is dead, so be it.
Interesting. I own Coleman also.

According to various trade value charts, Coleman and Conner are close in value 

Schedule edge probably goes to Conner. Coleman has BAL, NO, and LAR down the stretch.

That said, there's been no hints that Conner is ready to go.

I had both and traded both for Singletary and Dede Westbrook today. My team is loaded and Singletary will be my RB3/flex (have Cook and Jacobs). This is a keeper league where I could no longer keep Conner but can keep Singletary if I choose to. 

I don't think he's getting a full running load.  He got barely any rushing yards last week.  If he's not in the Wildcat I don't think he gets much rushing opportunity.  

I'm assuming Edmunds will get about 10 touches. I might use him as a bye week flex. 

Interesting. I own Coleman also.

According to various trade value charts, Coleman and Conner are close in value 

Schedule edge probably goes to Conner. Coleman has BAL, NO, and LAR down the stretch.

That said, there's been no hints that Conner is ready to go.
Seemed a good risk to take for me, and I like that it helps me make the decision more easily tomorrow on who to start.

Having said that I’m fully aware Coleman will now have another 4 TD game.

Samuels could see more work rushing than he did last week. Edmunds was the hot hand last week, but I don't think that was the plan. If he doesn't break one early, I could see it being more like 65-35 in favor of Samuels, and that is before factoring in receiving.

Side note, I actually think Rudolph has been pretty solid. He's won 3 of his last 4 starts, and the only loss by a FG to Baltimore. He keeps the chains moving, and doesn't have too many turnovers, especially compared to his peers among young QBs. I think he could do more, but Pittsburgh simply isn't asking him to, and is choosing to rely on their excellent defense.

Honestly, I think the Fitzpatrick deal looks great right now, because he's been awesome, and elevated the defense to another level, and Rudolph hasn't given me any reason to assume he's not the QB of the future.

Is there any real chance Connors gets shut down for the rest of the year?

My sense is his shoulder hurts and hopefully back in week 12?

Since the Connors owner can't make a trade deal for my Samuels, what about going after Connors?

Is there any real chance Connors gets shut down for the rest of the year?

My sense is his shoulder hurts and hopefully back in week 12?

Since the Connors owner can't make a trade deal for my Samuels, what about going after Connors?
See above. My league mate let him go for Coleman. I think the injury no news allows him to be had for cheaper, but you gotta take the risk that he may be done into account. My team still survives without Coleman, and if Connor is out for good Samuels just seemingly stays a start every week.

You can disagree brother that's your right. Think Samuel's is much more explosive. The Steelers are missing yards and points on the field everytime they give the ball to Conner instead of Samuels. They should eventually see it. When? I'm not sure. Conner also fumbling some in big spots. 

We'll see how this shakes out over the course of the season. It looks painfully obvious to me it should be the Diontae and Jaylen show. 
Now that Samuels has several games sans Conner, still believe Samuels is the better RB? 

James Conner (shoulder) was listed as a full participant on the Steelers' estimated practice report Monday.

The Steelers didn't actually practice Monday, but they're required to submit an estimated practice report. Additional reports have also indicated that Conner is expected to suit up for Thursday night's matchup against the Browns. Conner has racked up 17, 18, 14, 23 and 26 touches in five games since the offense lost Ben Roethlisberger for the season, working as the unit's undisputed workhorse. Jaylen Samuels could still be involved in the passing game, but treat Conner as a low-end RB1 in this plus matchup.

SOURCE: Nate Ulrich on Twitter.

Nov 11, 2019, 2:58 PM ET

Tomlin said today that Conner should be a go for Thursday night
Thank goodness. With as great as he looked before he got hurt and as mediocre as the other guys have been with him out, hopefully he’s back to a full productive load (and that he can stay healthy)

chad in Indy said:
Now that Samuels has several games sans Conner, still believe Samuels is the better RB? 
You're asking someone if their opinion about Jaylen Samuels has changed since October 1st?  Ya gotta get up pretty early in the morning to get one past Chad in Indy.  He'll come stalking ya 6 weeks later if you're mistaken.  No holds barred.  No job too small.

You're asking someone if their opinion about Jaylen Samuels has changed since October 1st?  Ya gotta get up pretty early in the morning to get one past Chad in Indy.  He'll come stalking ya 6 weeks later if you're mistaken.  No holds barred.  No job too small.
LOL. No. Didn't mean to come across as trolling. Just thought people were jumping on the Samuels train and knocking Conner way too early.  Seeing if opinions had changed now that Samuels has had several games now as the lead RB.  Guess I could have been a little less blunt w the question. 

James Conner (shoulder) remained "full" on Tuesday.

It means Conner is ready to return for Thursday's game against the Browns after missing Weeks 9 and 10. Conner's presence was sorely missed, especially against the Rams. Once again running as a bell-cow workhorse, Conner is squaring off with a defense allowing 135 rushing yards per game and nearly five yards per carry. He's in the RB1 mix for Week 11.

Nov 12, 2019, 3:54 PM ET

James Conner was forced from Thursday night's game against the Browns after aggravating his shoulder injury and will not return.

Conner was removed from the injury report on Wednesday but appeared nowhere close to full health, a fact he apparently admitted to FOX's Kristina Pink. Why he was A. Active, B. Not listed on the injury report, the Steelers will have to explain. Conner had a six-yard reception and five carries for 10 yards before departing. Jaylen Samuels and Trey Edmunds will finish out the night in the Steelers' backfield.
When are teams going to be fined for this?

Steelers need to draft a RB next year. You have to have players that actually play. He is burning roster space while they have guys coming in that cant play for a local high school. I'd be fine if they just dumped him after the season. 

Steelers need to draft a RB next year. You have to have players that actually play. He is burning roster space while they have guys coming in that cant play for a local high school. I'd be fine if they just dumped him after the season. 
They should at least get someone to push the position.   He talented but gets injured if the wind blows

The Frankman said:
When are teams going to be fined for this?
After watching Samuels run for 2 ypc last week, I'm sure Tomlin was like "Hey Jimmy, how are you doing? You ready to be the man on Thursday?"

Conner "Yep, you got it coach. I'm fit as a fiddle" 

Conner missed two weeks with this injury. I've got to think after re-aggravation he's gone for 3 weeks at minimum.

Conner missed two weeks with this injury. I've got to think after re-aggravation he's gone for 3 weeks at minimum.
Did he "re-aggravate" it?  Or did he try to play and realize he couldn't play through it?  It seems like a pretty big difference. 

Bottom line...the Steelers staff should not have played him if they knew he was not 100%.  Even with 10 days off you have to think he will miss (at least) week 12.  

Why did they even play him on a short week coming off an injury?  They don't have options but they should have known he wasn't completely healthy. 

Hopefully the extra time will get him ready for FF playoffs.

Why did they even play him on a short week coming off an injury?  They don't have options but they should have known he wasn't completely healthy. 

Hopefully the extra time will get him ready for FF playoffs.
Exactly....they did have Samuels & Edmunds...who both played.  Edmunds got snaps once Conner exited the game.

Exactly....they did have Samuels & Edmunds...who both played.  Edmunds got snaps once Conner exited the game.
OK, they were on a four game winning streak and playing a divisional rival in a 'close' game, at least early on so I don't think it is fair to beat up Tomlin but honestly, ugh.🤦‍♂️

Just hold him out until week 14.  That's a month to recover.  I only held onto Samuels for the upcoming matchup vs Cinn.

Love the kid, but the best ability is availability and he doesn't have it.
Every single Pittsburgh RB is injured or coming off an injury so it isn't just James.  It isn't fair to single him out when he has taken far more punishment/carries and has produced.  You saw fresh legs from Hunt last night.  This time of the year every RB is banged up but at least he 'tried' to help out his team.  Not exactly a valiant effort but he didn't back down when he clearly wasn't healthy.  That is on the coaches but again look at the circumstances and their options.  

It sucks for FF owners but being injured in late November is everywhere in the NFL.  

Every single Pittsburgh RB is injured or coming off an injury so it isn't just James.  It isn't fair to single him out when he has taken far more punishment/carries and has produced.  You saw fresh legs from Hunt last night.  This time of the year every RB is banged up but at least he 'tried' to help out his team.  Not exactly a valiant effort but he didn't back down when he clearly wasn't healthy.  That is on the coaches but again look at the circumstances and their options.  

It sucks for FF owners but being injured in late November is everywhere in the NFL.  
This isn't the first time James has been injured though, he has a long history.

Again, I love the kid and I hope he gets healthy but right now you simply can't count on him to stay in a game.

When does this coach get the heat he deserves? His most important offensive weapon, who has a history of being injured, gets injured on a meaningless play.   Coach plays games with the injury report, and then subjects his best weapon to contact obviously too early - now his season is in doubt.

Of course, this is a coach with such low standards as to interfere with players in the field of play while a play is ongoing (I literally can think of few, if any, transgressions that are worse for a coach to do during a game).  As if I could lose more respect for this guy... and sadly, from an organization that I may love to hate, but have great respect for (I'm a Ravens fan, and nothing pisses me off more than bandwagon fans ala Pitt and Dallas where you have these folks who where the jersey and have never so much as stepped foot in that state - the real fans I'm cool with, it's a great rivalry and fantastic football city).

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports James Conner's (shoulder) status for Week 12 against the Bengals is "up in the air."

Conner wasn't healthy for Thursday's game against the Browns — he admitted as much — but was stunningly removed from the team's injury report before unsurprisingly leaving early. Sunday's shaping up to be the sixth time Conner's status will come down to his participation in Friday's practice this year, though a mid-game re-aggravation is always a concern. Jaylen Samuels needs to be rostered everywhere even if Conner's cleared for Sunday.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Nov 18, 2019, 2:27 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread