What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jonathan Taylor, IND (1 Viewer)

Hmm, is this happening? A positive note - he will be fresh and well rested. Moss hasn't been as good as the start of the season and now he's banged up.

Having a 100% Taylor would be huge right now and they are still fighting for a playoff spot and the division lead.

Estimated full practice. No Moss. Been a roller coaster for Taylor owners. Strong week 16 and week 17 and we forget and rejoice..

This is why I drafted JTaylor for 7.5% of my auction dollars. An elite back at a deep discount to win a championship. I’ve got CMC and Pollard. JTaylor will play the flex so I have a little latitude on a sub if he’s not active.

Estimated full practice. No Moss. Been a roller coaster for Taylor owners. Strong week 16 and week 17 and we forget and rejoice..

This is why I drafted JTaylor for 7.5% of my auction dollars. An elite back at a deep discount to win a championship. I’ve got CMC and Pollard. JTaylor will play the flex so I have a little latitude on a sub if he’s not active.
If JT plays I play him, but I worry about limited touches.

I have the same concern. I’ve pretty much decided that if he’s active, I start him. If not, I start Spears or someone else. Either way, I‘ll let the chips fall where they may.

I have the same concern. I’ve pretty much decided that if he’s active, I start him. If not, I start Spears or someone else. Either way, I‘ll let the chips fall where they may.
That's all we can do. If you bench him in a good matchup you will feel terrible if he has a good game. If you play him and he's limited, well, that's the kind of choices you live with.

That's all we can do. If you bench him in a good matchup you will feel terrible if he has a good game. If you play him and he's limited, well, that's the kind of choices you live with.
My logic is they need to win. Moss is banged up. Trey Sermon sucks. It's Taylor time.

At this point I'm not too worried about competition for touches - Sermon/Goodson could get some some reps but Taylor is still the best back and he's well rested going in.

With the injury being to his hand/thumb there shouldn't be any worry about his running ability. They will probably tape up his hand pretty good - the only worry might be ball security and catching if anything. Like I mentioned earlier, his legs are fresh and probably as healthy as they have been all year (remember he had ankle and back issues to start the season).

It would be nice if there are a few more reports that come out before the weekend though but right now I think things are looking up.

My logic is they need to win. Moss is banged up. Trey Sermon sucks. It's Taylor time.
If JT plays you don't have to worry about Sermon / Goodson for touches unless hey are limiting JT. Thus the reason why I said if JT plays you play him unless you have other strong options. You don't bench JT because of his backup RBs otherwise.

Hey, Johnny U - who is the better emergency backup for JT if he doesn't play, Sermon or Goodson? Full PPR.

Hey, Johnny U - who is the better emergency backup for JT if he doesn't play, Sermon or Goodson? Full PPR.
I think Sermon is, but unless you are desperate, .......

I can’t think of a good reason to limit JTaylor. It’s just a hand problem. And the more practical concern is receiving or fumbling…and maybe blocking. So maybe he comes out in some passing situations but even then I don’t really know the receiving skills of the rest of the crew. I can more than live with 15-20 touches especially if that means he’s got a decent chance to pickup a TD. Even 60 yards and a TD is a tolerable performance at the moment. Not ideal but at least a little chunk of points in the right direction. I’ve started to think more in terms of points per touch and Taylor is probably something like 0.7 points per touch on average. (I’d rather bet on Taylor than Spears just for the probably number of touches.)

James Boyd
#Colts RB Jonathan Taylor says he’ll practice today and that’ll determine a lot toward his status at Atlanta.

He says he’ll wear some sort of brace/wrap. Taylor had his right thumb wrapped up in a T-shirt when he spoke to us, so we still haven’t seen his thumb since the surgery.
Pass catching and blocking are my concerns - will he be taken out on passing downs? Hmm....

I'm excited to see a fully healthy JT next season. Especially with a full off season and TC to gear up. I think he and Richardson are going to be a fun duo.

I'm excited to see a fully healthy JT next season. Especially with a full off season and TC to gear up. I think he and Richardson are going to be a fun duo.
Yes sir. Rough season. The two bright sides were he will be well under 200 carries for a season and he did have 7 tds in 9 games. Will be just 25 at the start of season. Peak years ahead.

Hope you guys are right. Just took him with the 3.6 pick in a PPR SF Dynasty Best Ball Startup draft. Was back and forth between him and ETN. But I figure if this line can make Moss look that good, you'd think a healthy rested JT would be even better next year. Just hope Richardson doesn't vulture every goal line carry. Then again, didn't he get hurt on a goal line rush?

I'm guessing in redraft next year he gets discounted to the 2nd round pending any injuries. The talent is there but so much uncertainty surrounded him this year people will be scared off. Or they could forget all that by next July and he goes top 5. Who knows.

Anyone know if his injury was serious or reinjured the same ankle? Gotta call up Steph curry and figure out what he did for his ankles

Is any one else concerned next year with Richardson back Taylor will actually lose carries and some goal line touches???

In Richardson’s almost 4 games he rushed 25 times and had 4 rushing TD’s.

In 1 of my leagues we have a 1 player Keeper rule.
I have:
J. Taylor
B. Hall
R. White
A. Eckeler

Eckeler…no
White close ….but pass
Taylor and Hall. Toss up.
Hall with Rodgers back… hmmm.
Taylor… Richardson scares me…hmmm.

Is any one else concerned next year with Richardson back Taylor will actually lose carries and some goal line touches???

I have:
J. Taylor
B. Hall
R. White
A. Eckeler

Eckeler…no
White close ….but pass
I may not be remembering correctly but wasn't his season over after an injury that happened at the goal line? If so, I could see the logic in the team wanting JT to have the carries to protect him

I have:
J. Taylor
B. Hall
R. White
A. Eckeler

Eckeler…no
White close ….but pass
I may not be remembering correctly but wasn't his season over after an injury that happened at the goal line? If so, I could see the logic in the team wanting JT to have the carries to protect him
It wasn’t a goal line hit that ended his season.

I have:
J. Taylor
B. Hall
R. White
A. Eckeler

Eckeler…no
White close ….but pass
Breece for me.

I have:
J. Taylor
B. Hall
R. White
A. Eckeler

Eckeler…no
White close ….but pass
Whoever you can get less for in a trade between Hall and Taylor would be my call.

It's a debate that I can see both sides of. On one hand, if the QB is a good running QB then the teams offense is better giving the RB more opportunities. On the other hand, this good running QB takes some of those 4 yard TD runs away. I've seen enough of Richardson to conclude he has the goods to be legit. So as a Taylor owner I'm happy. Gone are the time and time again 3 and out possessions of Mr Minshew. Should be a fun offense to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread