What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Keaontay Ingram, ARI (1 Viewer)

27 carries for 60 yards and a TD last year.

Maybe I'll look elsewhere.
To be fair, that’s a pretty small sample size.
Who knows what will happen with Ingram, but Kyren Williams was pretty unimpressive last year, if I recall.

If the team likes him and he gets a shot, who knows what could happen.
Exactly. Always best to be careful when using small sample sizes to project future production. This Sunday it could be Demercado, could be Ingram, could be Tony Jones Jr., or could be a mess to avoid entirely. Nothing wrong with stashing and seeing how it plays out.

i took a shot and picked up Ingram couple of days ago because I knew nothing of Demercado and have at least seen Ingram play in college. That and I wasn't willing to bid high on Demercado, an unknown commodity on a bad team, and as expected he was expensive. well said above, all of these guys are dart throws with upside, so let's see where this lands on Sunday and next couple of weeks while Conner is out.

Just read an article at azcentral.com citing the OC as saying that everyone in their RB room will have some role in this week's game & that they're "working through what the plan will be [@RB]." The HC said something similar, that whosever activated will get their touches & they'll go from there. Demercado says he hasn't been told what his role will be.

I've gone back thru Ingram's notes, fr 6th rd pick, not a lot there to gain confidence in what his role is. Perhaps the chances he has gotten, weren't any good? Dropped weight his final year at USC to become quicker, which did happen. His first 3 years were at Texas, but he was losing reps to 'backs that were younger than him. Just watched him come out of the block at the combine, clocked at 4.59, looked too slow. Perhaps today's practice report will be of help to us.

Anyone with any insight on Ingram's neck situation? Any homers know if he's close to returning?

Everyone's falling over themselves to get the rookie, but I recall last year this guy had pretty decent buzz.

Picking him up may not be the worst idea.
I picked him up this week. Don't have any links, but have heard reports he should be back this week and those same reports think it will actually be Ingram, and not Demercado that handles the early down work.
Interesting.

I actually picked up D. Foreman last night. Debating Ingram.

Not wure what's better...CHI with D. Foreman and R. Johnson or AZ offense with K. Ingram, the rookie, and maybe even T. Jones.
Yeah, that is a tough call. Not sure I really like any of them more than the others.
Foreman is better than Ingram, Demarcado & Jones combined.

That's a low bar to cross but Foreman absolutely does.

Cardinals removed Keaontay Ingram (neck) from their Week 6 injury report against the Rams.

This certainly puts a bit of a damper on all the Emari Demercado waiver claims that went through this week. Ingram missed each of the Cardinals’ last two games with a neck injury, and has rushed 12 times for 15 yards all season. He’s listed as the team’s RB2 ahead of Demercado, but Ingram is also averaging 1.9 YPC for his career. It wouldn’t be surprising to see the two backs split touches heading into the week, with Demercado likely serving as the third down back. Neither back should be trusted as anything more than a RB3/flex play.

I think this is probably a pile of junk but in one league I picked up one back and the other in another league.
These guys look like complimentary backs to me while Conner had some bruiser qualities. I don't think they can do his job.
I think they each get a bunch of stuffed 1,2 yard gains then maybe a 6-7 yard one here n there.
With Rondale Moore being king of screen passes, I'm not sure how much third down passing down ppr value they even have relative to other backs in the league.

I think the move for the Cards to make was Clement to starter than everyone falls into place nicely. I'll be grabbing him Saturday night in leagues where I have crazy deep rosters. If I'm wrong, so what, I drop him Wednesday.

I am totally spitballing here after watching videos and reading.

I have a bad habit of giving up too soon on some RB fliers. Just recently cut Ingram, so if he goes off tomorrow, you’re welcome. Wouldn’t mind if he still does, as it would be funny to see the Demercado owners anguish over it.

E. Demercado ruled out.

Tough matchup @CLE. Backup QB most likely.

Worth a shot for the truly desperate (which I am)?

Maybe garbage time PPR points.

Users who are viewing this thread