What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn - TB (2 Viewers)

In order to get 2.05, I traded Christian Kirk and the 4.06.  
I still think it’s a savvy move. 4.06 isn’t worth that much IMO, and Kirk is hard to gauge - I’m not that high on him. 

so you traded Kirk for a handcuff. Assuming you’ve got the WR depth I still like it. 

Went 1.08 in one of my drafts. Pretty terrible imo. In another he went early 3rd but it is idp and super flex.varies widely from league to league.
Yeah, agree.

i play redraft IDP and it’s always a challenge to describe draft value to people.

I feel like we need a Google Translate option for IDP leagues because I so often find myself saying stuff like “managed to land Singletary in the 15th, which for non-IDP is like the 9th”.

:lol:  

back on topic, IF I were the RoJo owner, and I had 1.08, maybe I’d do it. Just seems like there are a couple WRs there who’d offer better value at that spot. 

for a non-RoJo owner that seems really early for Vaughn. Maybe folks don’t have confidence in RoJo, which would be understandable since most didn’t last year, but I see him as an ascending RB. I’m not sure what Vaughn is right now. 

He doesn't make it out of the first round in rookie drafts.  Rojo is nothing.
He made it out of my 1st round in over half of my rookie drafts so far (5 out of 9).

Currently at pick 17 and still on the board in my current.

He made it out of my 1st round in over half of my rookie drafts so far (5 out of 9).

Currently at pick 17 and still on the board in my current.
2 more picks gone still on the board at 19 that Freeman news has dropped his stock it appears.  AJ Dillon went before him just now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who said a few weeks ago Vaughn would was not making it out of round one of their drafts was right. He was not at the time in any kind of typical non-SF two RB start league. His ADP in FFPC rookie drafts was 1.8.

But this time of year the smallest news sends players value in different directions and expressing an interest in Freeman probably scared a lot of people off.

I agree with @ILUVBEER99.  I think his ADP is going to rise considerably as we get into real drafts and further into the offseason.  The reality is that people draft differently than they rank/mock when its their team on the line and when people are staring down the barrel of a RB need (which in reality almost every team has right now) and a guy like Vaughn in a good situation with a real chance to win a big role they will pull the trigger.

He's a 3-down type player that was drafted early in the 3rd round to a great offense and a coach that likes to use a lead RB in a big way (along with a QB that likes throwing to the RB).  That's basically the exact same scenario (or even better) as guys like David Montgomery, Darrell Henderson, and Royce Freeman who all settled in around the mid-1st round range (early 1st in Montgomery's case).  I don't fully expect Vaughn to move quite that high but I think he will land squarely in the 1st round when all is said and done.
Been the complete opposite of this in the leagues I been in.  Back in May he was a 1st rounder.  Then in June an early to mid 2nd and in my first July rookie draft he dropped to pick 20.  

I agree with @ILUVBEER99.  I think his ADP is going to rise considerably as we get into real drafts and further into the offseason.  The reality is that people draft differently than they rank/mock when its their team on the line and when people are staring down the barrel of a RB need (which in reality almost every team has right now) and a guy like Vaughn in a good situation with a real chance to win a big role they will pull the trigger.

He's a 3-down type player that was drafted early in the 3rd round to a great offense and a coach that likes to use a lead RB in a big way (along with a QB that likes throwing to the RB).  That's basically the exact same scenario (or even better) as guys like David Montgomery, Darrell Henderson, and Royce Freeman who all settled in around the mid-1st round range (early 1st in Montgomery's case).  I don't fully expect Vaughn to move quite that high but I think he will land squarely in the 1st round when all is said and done.
Been the complete opposite of this in the leagues I been in.  Back in May he was a 1st rounder.  Then in June an early to mid 2nd and in my first July rookie draft he dropped to pick 20.  
Agree he has been sliding and it seems like Ronald Jones is getting a lot of love in the FF community. I took him early 2nd.

3rd rookie off the board in my expert league...taken very early
Sight unseen, I imagine the Arians factor has something to do with it. Vaughn was his draft pick, while Jones was inherited - and we know that Arians likes to ride his RBs with a heavy workload.

In 5 dynasty leagues I'm in he went anywhere from 1.08 to 1.11.  One league he slipped behind Ruggs and Raegor.  That's about where I like him and think he's more valuable to a contender where he has a pretty good path to relevancy in season 1 given Brady+Arians and Jones not living up to the draft stock spent on him.

In 5 dynasty leagues I'm in he went anywhere from 1.08 to 1.11.  One league he slipped behind Ruggs and Raegor.  That's about where I like him and think he's more valuable to a contender where he has a pretty good path to relevancy in season 1 given Brady+Arians and Jones not living up to the draft stock spent on him.

ESPN's Jenna Laine expects third-round Bucs RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn to begin the year as a backup. 

Vaughn was greeted by waves of hype following his selection at No. 76 overall, but he didn't get a chance to build any momentum as the coronavirus pandemic wiped out the entire offseason program. Coachspeak and media reports have continued to suggest Ronald Jones remains the favorite on early downs, with Dare Ogunbowale likely to serve as Tom Brady's new James White. It's far too early in the summer to write off Vaughn's re-draft prospects, but he is going to need some things to go right in training camp.  

SOURCE: ESPN

Jul 23, 2020, 10:40 AM ET

I believe Vaughn is vastly overrated as far as his long-term prospects. 

I haven't kept up with his ADP, but it sounds like it's sliding into an area more associated with the actual talent level.

Bucs placed third-round RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

More and more rookies are landing on this list, as they are among the first wave tested an NFL headquarters. Vaughn will need to be cleared before resuming football activities, where he will compete for immediate snaps in the open Bucs backfield.

SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Jul 27, 2020, 5:55 PM ET

Bucs activated RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn from the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

RB Raymond Calais and RB Aca'Cedric Ware also came off the team's COVID-19 list. Vaughn returns to action a day after Bucs HC Bruce Arians said RB Ronald Jones would be the "main guy" in the Tampa backfield. Vaughn's ADP has dipped into the eighth round of 12-team leagues. With a further ADP drop, the rookie is shaping up as a solid stash in redraft leagues, especially for those who don't put much stock in Arians' backfield proclamations. 

SOURCE: Rock Stroud on Twitter

Aug 6, 2020, 4:21 PM ET

Yeah I don't know what to think for this season (aside from COVID) for the Bucs RBs. Before this blurb from Arians I was thinking that the signing of McCoy might be thought of as a bit of an indictment on Jones. With Vaughn going on the IR there for a few days, it only makes sense to bring a vet in. I'm sure McCoy will make the roster.

I just have the hardest time swallowing my vomit in order to believe Jones will be the guy. If he can block for Brady then sure. 

Ke'Shawn Vaughn remains on the Bucs' reserve/COVID-19 list.

The assembled Bucs media thought it spotted Vaughn at Thursday's practice, but there has been some kind of disconnect. The third-round rookie is falling further and further behind when it comes to time to put pressure on Ronald Jones, though he does figure to be activated in the near future. 

SOURCE: Jenna Laine on Twitter 

Aug 6, 2020, 6:59 PM ET

Is there any sense that these COVID list players are going to be listed with just a little more info when we are inseason? Like they are positive, not positive, symptomatic, etc.

Bucs activated RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn from the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Vaughn spent the last two weeks away from the team.  It's not a great start to his training camp, but there's still enough time for him to make a push for a Week 1 role. Playing for a veteran-loving coach with pass-blocking concerns, it's going to be hard for Vaughn to beat out Ronald Jones despite not much of a talent gap. Vaughn should find his way into a committee role even if he doesn't start.

RELATED: 

Ronald Jones

Aug 9, 2020, 10:43 AM ET

Bucs activated RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn from the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Vaughn spent the last two weeks away from the team.  It's not a great start to his training camp, but there's still enough time for him to make a push for a Week 1 role. Playing for a veteran-loving coach with pass-blocking concerns, it's going to be hard for Vaughn to beat out Ronald Jones despite not much of a talent gap. Vaughn should find his way into a committee role even if he doesn't start.

RELATED: 

Ronald Jones

Aug 9, 2020, 10:43 AM ET
I like him better than someone like A J Dillon and it's not like Ronald Jones is a huge hurdle. 

Opportunity is meaningful to getting on the field, but talent and performance will determine success.  I hear a lot of praise for Ke'Shawn Vaughn based on opportunity, and less about his ability to hold down a significant role long term.  I like Vaughn's potential fit in the Bucs' offense based on his ability as a receiver out of the backfield and his penchant for running through arm tackles.  What he lacks in fluidity, he makes up for in contact balance.  Vaughn doesn't wow in any aspect of his game, but he is a Kareem Hunt-like lunch pail runner who could find success in Tampa.  Vaughn, as a prospect, is not in the same tier as CEH, JT, Swift, Dobbins or Akers, but I would put him at the head of the class within the next tier of RBs.

How would you rank these rookie RBs for dynasty (ppr):

Ke'Shawn Vaughn

Antonio Gibson

AJ Dillon

Zack Moss

Anthony McFarland, Jr.l

Darrynton Evans

Opportunity is meaningful to getting on the field, but talent and performance will determine success.  I hear a lot of praise for Ke'Shawn Vaughn based on opportunity, and less about his ability to hold down a significant role long term.  I like Vaughn's potential fit in the Bucs' offense based on his ability as a receiver out of the backfield and his penchant for running through arm tackles.  What he lacks in fluidity, he makes up for in contact balance.  Vaughn doesn't wow in any aspect of his game, but he is a Kareem Hunt-like lunch pail runner who could find success in Tampa.  Vaughn, as a prospect, is not in the same tier as CEH, JT, Swift, Dobbins or Akers, but I would put him at the head of the class within the next tier of RBs.

How would you rank these rookie RBs for dynasty (ppr):

Ke'Shawn Vaughn

Antonio Gibson

AJ Dillon

Zack Moss

Anthony McFarland, Jr.l

Darrynton Evans
I don't want to rank them, but I like McFarland the best of that group

Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians said third-round rookie RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn could contribute as a kick returner in Week 1.

It's a fall from grace for the third-rounder as his stock has plummeted since the team added 32-year-old LeSean McCoy. With Arians already labeling Ronald Jones as "the guy," there's minimal room for Vaughn to handle any amount of touches on offense behind the aforementioned duo and special teams captain Dare Ogunbowale. Vaughn is a fine dynasty hold with McCoy likely one-and-done, but there doesn't seem to be a path for opportunity for the former (barring injury) during his rookie season.

SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter

Aug 21, 2020, 11:07 AM ET

I have 2 rookie drafts at the end of August I have a feeling that Moss and Gibson will go ahead of Vaughn and maybe even Dillon.

So back in May in the FFPC and FFWC Vaughn was a staple in the 8-11 range and then in July he was more of a mid 2nd rounder and now he might be heading into the 3rd round range.

Some even took Vaughn over the big 7 that isn't looking so good now.

I just took him at 3.2 in 12 teams behind Dillon, Gibson,  Moss and Evans. Feels like value at this point, though I don’t have expectations of him being playable this season.

Vaughn has some qualities which make him an intriguing prospect, but his dynasty price had gotten hyper-inflated in early drafts (even going in the first round in some drafts).  As a third round pick or even an end of the 2nd round pick in dynasty rookie drafts, there is some value in adding Vaughn to your dynasty squads.  I still believe Vaughn belongs in that tier of backs with Moss, Gibson and Dillon (and in PPR, include McFarland and Evans).  You could honestly make a compelling argument for any of those backs to belong at the top of the list.

Vaughn went pick 32 in my current dynasty rookie draft that started on Sunday.  This was before they signed Fournette.  

Dude was outright dropped in one of my Zealots leagues. Now the question is "how much is he worth in blind bidding dollars?"

Still surprised he was dropped in Zealots with 51 roster spots. Tough call on bid dollars. I'd say a lot, but since the available amount varies from team to team in zealots it is hard to say. Some team that's been stashing cash might go huge. 

People have been sniffing around a little with garbage offers. I hate stashing RBs that I drafted relatively high. But I'm not ready to sell for a small loss yet. Jones is going to #### up and I'm not sold on Fournette. If you can hold until later in the season it is at least possible Vaughn gets some run and flashes. I'd still probably hold at that point but I'd like to see him on a football field before I do anything. 

Users who are viewing this thread