What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Latavius Murray, BUF (1 Viewer)

He was going to catch a couple passes too. Probably have at least another 30-40 yards. Yeah he would have scored 30+ points tonight the way he was going.

So what's the expectations the rest of the year assuming Murray is cleared to play next week? RB2? His schedule is pretty tough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been waiting this topic to blow up and as someone said BOOM! From page 5 to page 10 in one day :clap:

Although sample size was small, I could not have been more impressed. He run hard and read the holes and

what's more important, that one play where there was no hole he picked up six yards!

10 days till the Rams game, so he has a long time to recover. Happy to have him at the moment.

Latavius HURRAY!

This is a good reminder that NFL coaches often have no idea what they're doing.
There's that, they are just trying to be too smart by half, and some just refuse to play the younger less experienced over vets.

Who knows where they'd be if they gave the job to Murray from game one.

LeVeon Bell took a similar kind of hit and played the next week. Murray has 10 days. We really don't know how long he will be out. The severity of the concussion is impossible to know.
That Bell hit from last year was worse actually, he was knocked out cold.

Concussions are tricky to gauge so it is too early to tell but the extra days off do improve his chances of playing next week. The fact he was nowhere to be found in the locker room after the game probably means he needed some quiet time though and that is not a good sign.

Time will tell but the kid does look great.

I know this sounds stupid but each of his four runs he looked great.
Someone further up (Chaka) mentioned further up that Murray's two runs last week were the best two runs the Raiders have had all year. Now it looks like he has the 6 best runs for the team all year and one of them had to be the best single carry they have had since Bo Jackson tore up the Seahawks in the Kingdome.

Anyone see the Oak/SD game? I was mostly watching Phi/Gb & AZ/Det so I could not really tell who was doing what in Oakland.

But the stat line looks good. Any hope he will get some more chances now?
I was at the game yesterday. Not much to say really, his first two carries were the two best rushing attempts of this entire season for the Raiders. The holes were decent but he still got banged around a bit at the line (where McFadden and MJD most assuredly would have been dropped) but he showed decisiveness and hit the hole hard and plowed into the secondary with surprising quickness.

It's too few touches to really draw many conclusions but he was really impressive with his opportunities. And he also looks like a giant out there. A quick giant who looked like he was trying to initiate contact with defenders to gain more yards (and put a hurting on them). I can't imagine many DBs out there want to see a guy of his stature running free in the secondary.
Note of thanks here as this inspired me to shift my WW priorities and get him. Great stuff, appreciated.

I know I'm going to sound like the fun police, but do you think we should wait until we see this guy carry the ball for more than 4 times in a game before calling him an RB1 and comparing him to Arian Foster and Adrian Peterson just because he runs upright?

I agree he's looked good in his few carries, but it's just a few carries and his schedule is brutal the rest of the year. This was a trap game for KC. Their defense just didn't show up to play on a short week coming off a big win and going against a winless team.

Agree he's not an RB1 yet. People are getting giddy. But let's also not dismiss this as a "trap" game or that the KC defense conveniently just decided not to show up. I'm not buying that. This is the defense that was going to set an NFL record for holding a team without a rushing TD through 11 games. Then they met Latavius and he gashed them for scores. This wasn't a fluke.

Fresh legs helped, but there is no denying this guys talent. Kicking myself for not making room for him. Question is now, do the Raiders keep his carries low as to not throw away the #1 pick in the upcoming draft? He gives them balance and that's not good for tanking.

One thing that very much matters is they rode him to a win. The NFL has largely forgotten how a RB can plain and simple carry a team forward on his back. That possibility is in the DNA of the game, if a RB takes over sometimes it seems like there is absolutely nothing the other team can do about it. We don't know if he is that kind of RB yet but we do know the Raiders will have to have to find out.

If anyone gets a transcript or snippet of Sparano when he's asked how and why Murray has been on the bench all year would love to see that.

Anyone see the Oak/SD game? I was mostly watching Phi/Gb & AZ/Det so I could not really tell who was doing what in Oakland.

I was at the game yesterday. Not much to say really, his first two carries were the two best rushing attempts of this entire season for the Raiders. The holes were decent but he still got banged around a bit at the line (where McFadden and MJD most assuredly would have been dropped) but he showed decisiveness and hit the hole hard and plowed into the secondary with surprising quickness.

It's too few touches to really draw many conclusions but he was really impressive with his opportunities. And he also looks like a giant out there. A quick giant who looked like he was trying to initiate contact with defenders to gain more yards (and put a hurting on them). I can't imagine many DBs out there want to see a guy of his stature running free in the secondary.
Note of thanks here as this inspired me to shift my WW priorities and get him. Great stuff, appreciated.
:goodposting:

Ditto.

Waffled Charles Sims or Latavius all day and chose Sims. Leaguemate texted me an hour before kick alerting me to the Roto note on Sims ankle popping up and I made the switch. Pickles.

ESPN had a snippet on the scroll about it being the best 4 carry performance, ... In the History of the league.

I was at the game yesterday. Not much to say really, his first two carries were the two best rushing attempts of this entire season for the Raiders. The holes were decent but he still got banged around a bit at the line (where McFadden and MJD most assuredly would have been dropped) but he showed decisiveness and hit the hole hard and plowed into the secondary with surprising quickness.It's too few touches to really draw many conclusions but he was really impressive with his opportunities. And he also looks like a giant out there. A quick giant who looked like he was trying to initiate contact with defenders to gain more yards (and put a hurting on them). I can't imagine many DBs out there want to see a guy of his stature running free in the secondary.
:goodposting:

Ditto.
Happy to help, wish I had made room for him on my roster

The strongest indicator that Murray should get starter/bulk of carries going forward is the fact the Raiders went and stuck with Reece in the 4th quarter. Reece averaged 4.5 / carry and thus proving both McFadden and MJD are responsible for their own lack of production, not necessarily the O-line.

Murray is a RB 1 when he is cleared to play. He may not put up tons of points every week but the potential is there.
A big game does not make some one a RB 1, especially when that player got hurt on just 4 carries.
He didn't get hurt on 4 carries. He got a concussion on one helmet to helmet tackle....whether he had 3 previous carries or 30 is irrelevant, and says nothing of his durability.

I agree that it is a small sample size but he also had 4 carries for 43 yards last week as well. He looked very good in the preseason also. I am buying in Dynasty if owners are selling "high"

Users who are viewing this thread