What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Matt Breida - Giants RB (2 Viewers)

MchNichols struggled to pick up the Bucs playbook when he was there all offseason. Struggled in blitz pickup, knowing assignments, running hard. Don't see him threatening Breida at all. 

kittenmittens said:
Yeah I was worried they sign back Hightower after week 1 to avoid the guaranteed money. 
They may but we know who Hightower is. Even if they do resign him I think Brieda will get his shot if Hyde goes down. I also think Brieda will get 30ish percent of the touches out the gate.

They may but we know who Hightower is. Even if they do resign him I think Brieda will get his shot if Hyde goes down. I also think Brieda will get 30ish percent of the touches out the gate.
This is in the interest of Hyde owners anyway. It gives him his best shot at playing a full 16.

This is in the interest of Hyde owners anyway. It gives him his best shot at playing a full 16.
It is. Also the coaching staff I'm sure do not want to over work him due to his past injury history. But let's not kid ourselves Hyde and Allen are together in the glass body category.

I think Breida will have a role in the offense and I also think he has a bright future ahead. 30 % is pretty good for undrafted rookie... happy to be in this train!

Contrary to emerging hype for Matt Breida as must-have handcuff to RB in RB-friendly offense who gets ding up easily, Breida is still an undrafted rookie.   There is another guy who I considered to be one of deepest sleepers, which is Kyle Juszczyk.  He signed a huge deal for fullback and I get  a feeling that he may get a chance for potential huge playing time and a high volume of offensive touch especially on team that devoid of offensive weapons.  

Contrary to emerging hype for Matt Breida as must-have handcuff to RB in RB-friendly offense who gets ding up easily, Breida is still an undrafted rookie.   There is another guy who I considered to be one of deepest sleepers, which is Kyle Juszczyk.  He signed a huge deal for fullback and I get  a feeling that he may get a chance for potential huge playing time and a high volume of offensive touch especially on team that devoid of offensive weapons.  
Yeah, I think Kyle will take away Hyde's touches too- not. He's still a fullback and won't take anything away from Breida or Hyde.

We need a thread title change as well to redraft and dynasty plea.

Edit: thanks bruddha

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahem, reminder of this quote again:

[The 49ers] told Breida about the two-back system the coaching staff previously used in Atlanta with Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman. Even though they drafted Utah's Joe Williams in the fourth round, he's a bigger back. They needed a speedy one. They needed Breida. If another team offered a better signing bonus, they'd match it.

Waivers just opened in one of my leagues. We get $1,000 BB $$$'s. An owner spent them all on Breida. Last year another owner did the same thing on another player...Tajae Sharpe. Hell, it may be the same owner. Eventually he will get a gem I guess. 

Waivers just opened in one of my leagues. We get $1,000 BB $$$'s. An owner spent them all on Breida. Last year another owner did the same thing on another player...Tajae Sharpe. Hell, it may be the same owner. Eventually he will get a gem I guess. 
lol wut 

I'm also in for an end-of-the-bench-stash. He has the best chance to make noise this week over the likes of Carson, Foreman, Kamara and Smallwood IMO, so I'll toss him there for time being.

Breida vs Ellington?
This week? Pretty clearly Ellington.

Like Ellington, Breida needs an injury to be fantasy relevant this season. Ellington got his injury but as long as Hyde is healthy Breida will likely be very limited in his ops.

You can, most likely, bank on a Hyde injury at some point, then again that strategy also comes with a fair amount of risk. Ask anyone who confidently drafted Derrick Henry last year, dynasty or redraft they're still waiting ("Fragile" Fred anyone?).  And since no one is mistaking Breida for Henry (who has some stand alone value) on the field he is currently little more than a churnable lotto pick or insurance policy for Hyde owners.

IMO of course.

this is approaching CMike / David Wilson status at a much faster rate than either of those 2 threads did... 
Yup.

Although I wish people would go a little easier on David Wilson. He looked very good in his rookie year and then he broke his freakin neck. That just doesn't feel like the same thing as Michael.

This week? Pretty clearly Ellington.

Like Ellington, Breida needs an injury to be fantasy relevant this season. Ellington got his injury but as long as Hyde is healthy Breida will likely be very limited in his ops.

You can, most likely, bank on a Hyde injury at some point, then again that strategy also comes with a fair amount of risk. Ask anyone who confidently drafted Derrick Henry last year, dynasty or redraft they're still waiting ("Fragile" Fred anyone?).  And since no one is mistaking Breida for Henry (who has some stand alone value) on the field he is currently little more than a churnable lotto pick or insurance policy for Hyde owners.

IMO of course.
Breida is 190 pounds, why will an injury change that? He's the backup now and will be if Hyde gets hurt.

Breida is 190 pounds, why will an injury change that? He's the backup now and will be if Hyde gets hurt.
Y'know I am not concerned with the 190 lbs so much as the fact it's on a 5'11" frame, seems a little tall/lean.

But considering Justin Alphabet Soup is the only other back on the roster (and likely their best receiver out of the backfield) it seems like a pretty strong endorsement of Breida as the backup to Hyde and next in line to start.

Of course if Hyde is injured the niners will sign another RB, probably Hightower, but the fact that he hasn't yet been re-signed, as many speculated would happen after week one, is another endorsement of Breida as next-man-up.

Alot of over reactions in here after week 1. Let's see if his touches increase this week. He is still a hold in redraft to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed Breida for my end of the bench lotto ticket this week after getting sniped for Connor.

There's a sense that he won't be the lead back if Hyde were to get hurt?? Seems like if that's true, I should grab someone else instead.

Grabbed Breida for my end of the bench lotto ticket this week after getting sniped for Connor.

There's a sense that he won't be the lead back if Hyde were to get hurt?? Seems like if that's true, I should grab someone else instead.
There is nobody else. 

Users who are viewing this thread