What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Michael Carter, claimed by AZ (2 Viewers)

Definitely an anomaly. Tough matchup tonight in all facets since the Colts give up not a lot to the RB position. Maybe he can overcome the matchup, maybe not.

I'm just reminding myself that this is not a good Jets team, but that they are at least featuring him enough to maintain RB2/RB3 floor, with a very nice ceiling if the right variables click.

I'm thinking 10-12 half ppr points is the most likely outcome given his rush / receiving share, just so I'm not disappointed lol

If he sneaks into the endzone, great for all 

Definitely an anomaly. Tough matchup tonight in all facets since the Colts give up not a lot to the RB position. Maybe he can overcome the matchup, maybe not.

I'm just reminding myself that this is not a good Jets team, but that they are at least featuring him enough to maintain RB2/RB3 floor, with a very nice ceiling if the right variables click.

I'm thinking 10-12 half ppr points is the most likely outcome given his rush / receiving share, just so I'm not disappointed lol

Listen here, TampaMike19...we don't need your kind of negativity all up in here. Our man Carter is gonna be a top 10 back this week in spite of the team he is on. Jets need yards too. 😁

BobbyLayne said:
Timmay said:
For fantasy purposes, I hope he sees this volume moving forward, however I watched the game, the Bengals did not adjust their defensive scheme one time in the game. The RB's were open 4-5 yards down field for the Mike White checkdown every single pass play. It was sad to watch as a Bengals fan. While Carter looked good this game, I would temper expectations moving forward on a bad Jets team, volume should be there, but production too early to tell imo. 
Same for Ty Johnson, who was also a Top Ten back in half/PPR week 8. I view this game as an anomaly, not necessarily a harbinger of what is to come in the second half of the season.
I'm not so sure it is an anomaly because Mike White did the same thing when he came in the week before against NE. It was a bit less effective, but Carter and Johnson combined for 14 catches on 16 targets. It could just be whoe Mike White is and he looks fairly effective (I don't think either INT vs Cincy was on him)

I will be starting him in one league and probably putting him in the other place I have him (PPR over the likes of Darrel Williams, Claypool, Toney, and Waddle). Feels a bit like chasing points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to imagine the Jets go with what works... maybe Cincy wasn't ready for the checkdown game plan, but I can't imagine the Jets abandon it after it was so successful. I'm trying to get Carter where I can... but his price is a mystery. Got offered Carter for Lockett in a half ppr league... and I'm tempted.

I'm not so sure it is an anomaly because Mike White did the same thing when he came in the week before against NE. It was a bit less effective, but Carter and Johnson combined for 14 catches on 16 targets. It could just be whoe Mike White is and he looks fairly effective (I don't think either INT vs Cincy was on him)

I will be starting him in one league and probably putting him in the other place I have him (PPR over the likes of Darrel Williams, Claypool, Toney, and Waddle). Feels a bit like chasing points.
Yep, 16.4 in PPR was good for RB13 in Week 7. I’m starting Carter this week with Swift on a bye. Snap count wise MC has seen 48% & 60% the last two weeks, far outdistancing Johnson who had been in a 20-24% band the last 4 G.

I stand corrected. Think I’ve been of the mindset Javonte will emerge as my second half Flex starter; the first half I’ve been putting Cooks & Sutton in as my WR3 + FL. Might have some tough lineup calls down the stretch.

Through two weeks, Mike White has thrown it either "short (0-9 yards) or behind the line of scrimmage on 70.1 percent of his attempts. While we only have 80 dropbacks to work with, it's the 2nd highest rate ahead of only Jacoby Brissett this year.

I grabbed just in the nick of time in two leagues. This weeks he starts in both, one over the likes of both DEN RB's, E Sanders. In the other league he is starting over Peterson.

I feel like the big question with regards to Carter's value is what will happen when Zach Wilson is healthy? If he gets his job back, I'm tempering my excitement for Carter this year, as much of Carter's value stems from White's willingness to check it down, while Wilson doesn't. 

I feel like the big question with regards to Carter's value is what will happen when Zach Wilson is healthy? If he gets his job back, I'm tempering my excitement for Carter this year, as much of Carter's value stems from White's willingness to check it down, while Wilson doesn't. 
Wilson might just learn a little something from White in this process. You have a weapon who can help you win games in Carter, USE HIM.

I would hope so, but man it's the Jets...and Wilson has been brutal. I'm not sure learning is something we can bank on from them.

Carter's performances are definitely NOT an anomaly, he's here to stay.  watch the film on him. it's a sneaky good team disguised as lousy team. give it some time they'll get their stuff together.forget the NE game, that was an average loss to BB. They've realized that running the ball is job #1. They drafted Carter early for a reason - he who is a future star in this league.kid can flat-out ball.

just my guess: he's going to be in the conversation for 2nd half fantasy MVP. get him anywhere you can via trade or waivers. they're just scratching the surface with this guy.

he hasn't done crap most of the year but is just 7 pts behind Chubb in a ppr league I'm in. Imagine how much more he's worth now that they're featuring him! 

Lack of garbage time and perpetual two minute drill was annoying. Ty johnson basically dominated that which is very much not ideal 

Josh johnson had no problem throwing to ty johnson lol. Maybe they have trust with each other idk 

From what I watched, the Jets RBs were continually open and Johnson just never looked at them, always chasing the bigger play.  As someone who owns Carter in three leagues, it was not the most encouraging of QB performances but I thought Carter ran fairly well and obviously can do some damage if they ever get him the ball in space.

One of the most frustrating experiences in all my years of fantasy football.

It's already been mentioned, but Johnson never even looked his way. Several times he was wide open underneath. There is no question he could have easily had 4-5 more receptions. Also, their use of Ty Johnson is almost a dead giveaway. When Carter in....run. When Ty in....pass.

And to add insult to injury, the one time Johnson did look towards a RB, it was Ty on the TD. Ugh.

From what I watched, the Jets RBs were continually open and Johnson just never looked at them, always chasing the bigger play.  As someone who owns Carter in three leagues, it was not the most encouraging of QB performances but I thought Carter ran fairly well and obviously can do some damage if they ever get him the ball in space.
JJ is more apt to run for yardage than check down.

Ty Johnson's usage can be a bit frustrating but I love what I see with Carter...he can both run and catch and he seems to really have good vision with the ball in his hands...add that one Johnson TD to Carter and it turns into a big night...if you own Carter in Dynasty you have to be very pleased and if you don't not getting that TD last night may keep his value down a bit if you want to deal for him right now.

Mike White getting hurt killed his value last night, well that and the Jets defense being pitiful to take the running game out of the picture. 

felt like a floor. Not gonna win many leagues....but wont lose them either.

Could be real nice in a year or two when the team around him doesn't suck so bad

Feel he is ranked too low this week. I understand it is Buffalo, however, last two games White has been QB:

9 targets, 8 receptions, 67 yards

14 targets, 9 receptions, 95 yards

Also has double digit carries the past 5 weeks.

The Jets will be playing from behind and need to throw. Those of you who watched last week also saw Carter wide open underneath a handful of times only for Johnson to absolutely ignore him. Doesn't seem to be the case with White under center.

12 carries for 50 yards and 5+ catches for another 50 plus, hopefully, a TD sprinkled in.

Feel he is ranked too low this week. I understand it is Buffalo, however, last two games White has been QB:

The Jets will be playing from behind and need to throw. Those of you who watched last week also saw Carter wide open underneath a handful of times only for Johnson to absolutely ignore him. Doesn't seem to be the case with White under center.

12 carries for 50 yards and 5+ catches for another 50 plus, hopefully, a TD sprinkled in.
🤞

I can see this with maybe a bit less running efficiency; he might hit that number on more carries. 5 receptions seems like a floor with White.

He's in my lineup.

Adso said:
I can see this with maybe a bit less running efficiency; he might hit that number on more carries. 5 receptions seems like a floor with White.

He's in my lineup.
He is in over Gaskin for me

so those needing to fill in a RB ....  do you pick up Coleman or Ty Johnson to replace Carter in your lineups ?

Johnson in a PPR, Johnson in both ?

so those needing to fill in a RB ....  do you pick up Coleman or Ty Johnson to replace Carter in your lineups ?

Johnson in a PPR, Johnson in both ?
I like Johnson more in both, particularly PPR. But I think they'll both be involved enough to diminish their values considerably. And I wouldn't be surprised to see Perine activated as well.

Jets placed RB Michael Carter on injured reserve with a high-ankle sprain. 

This is a body blow for Carter's fantasy managers, as the fourth-round rookie been settling in as an every-week RB2 who both caught passes and received goal-line carries. Now Gang Green will go with a committee of Ty Johnson and Tevin Coleman, with pass-catcher Johnson the preferred option in fantasy. Coleman's go-nowhere early-down totes are not going to include many touchdowns in this awful offense. Carter will be eligible to return for the first week of the fantasy playoffs when the Jets travel to Miami in Week 15, but it is difficult to say what his role might be at that point, or if he will even be ready. He's a borderline hold if you are desperate for roster spots in re-draft leagues. 

Nov 27, 2021, 4:05 PM ET

Bummer. The Jets season is in the tank so even if he is ready week 15 there's a decent chance they keep him on ice until next year.

Jets coach Robert Saleh said he expects RB Michael Carter (ankle, IR) to return for Week 15 against the Dolphins.

Carter has been sidelined since Week 11 because of a high-ankle sprain. Once back at practice, Carter will be designated to return from injured reserve, opening a 21-day window for him to be officially activated. Before suffering the ankle injury, Carter was coming alive as a weekly RB2 with elite receiving usage. From Week 7 to Week 10, Carter averaged 14 carries plus eight targets per game. He will slot in as a solid RB2 option versus the Dolphins this week.

Dec 13, 2021, 3:55 PM ET

Following.  Someone dropped him last week in my league and I have the top waiver position.  If he plays, he's likely better than the other junk I am putting out there in my flex spot.  

Not liking him with the current state of this offense with Wilson tbh. Miami matchup is brutal 
Are they a great run defense? I thought their calling card is the blitz packages.

Regardless, they're playing well and Zach is not. Ty Johnson and the entire offense seems so lifeless.

The Jets D is still busting their butts. Lotta respect for those guys even though it’s a dumpster fire. They’re playing hard for Saleh.

Regardless, I need one of these four to be healthy for a Flex bc I am outright dropping Sutton:

Carter, McKissic, Pollard, Swift

Starters are Najee & Javonte but no really good options for starter #10 (W/R/T Flex.). Shame bc Carter was really coming on in the weeks before he was hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread