What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Phillip Lindsay, IND (4 Viewers)

I haven’t been able to watch any Denver games but I follow them some by gamecast/box scores and it really seems like the only time Denver does good moving the ball/scoring it’s when they involve Lindsay.

Like the game he got ejected they scored 14 early points and then he left and they barely moved the ball. Scored quick today and then didn’t use him as much and then later in the game start using him again and they start scoring again

This little man is putting a lot of teams in the playoffs as a waiver pickup or last pic in your draft. While it was a VERY risky move (if not a little stupid) I bid my entire BBID allowance on him in every dynasty league I play in after week 1. He has been such a great pickup and is currently the 12th highest scoring RB in our PPR leagues. And his playoff schedule is delicious, as he plays the Bengals, 49ers, Browns, and Raiders during weeks 13-16. Chooo Choooo! 

This little man is putting a lot of teams in the playoffs as a waiver pickup or last pic in your draft. While it was a VERY risky move (if not a little stupid) I bid my entire BBID allowance on him in every dynasty league I play in after week 1. He has been such a great pickup and is currently the 12th highest scoring RB in our PPR leagues. And his playoff schedule is delicious, as he plays the Bengals, 49ers, Browns, and Raiders during weeks 13-16. Chooo Choooo! 
I got him in one league after Week 1, and then he was weirdly dropped in another league right before the Arizona game. Scooped him up and he's been a mainstay in my lineup ever since.

Anyone pumping the breaks on him a little this week? Pittsburgh is a tough match-up (though Fournette did pretty well against them last week). In one league, I'm leaning pretty strongly toward sitting him in favor of Chubb and Breida (and Zeke). In another, it's going to be close between him and Michel. Leaning Lindsay just because I want to be sure Michel is all the way back.

well I didn't list this weekend's schedule for that reason, the Steelers are probably the hardest defense he plays this year. But its pretty sweet after this weekend. And for what its worth, I'm still starting him in all but maybe 1 league even vs. the Steelers. I think he's the best weapon they have in that offense. 

well I didn't list this weekend's schedule for that reason, the Steelers are probably the hardest defense he plays this year. But its pretty sweet after this weekend. And for what its worth, I'm still starting him in all but maybe 1 league even vs. the Steelers. I think he's the best weapon they have in that offense. 
Yeah, I don't think he's a bad start this week. It's only a dilemma for me because I potentially have better options available.

His floor is pretty incredible: Other than the ejection game, he has at least 75 YFS in every game this year, and he's scored in half of them.

Anyone pumping the breaks on him a little this week? Pittsburgh is a tough match-up (though Fournette did pretty well against them last week). In one league, I'm leaning pretty strongly toward sitting him in favor of Chubb and Breida (and Zeke).
Similar boat.  I have Mack and Michel in front of him this week - mainly due to matchups.  Lindsay will be back in my lineup next week.

Similar boat.  I have Mack and Michel in front of him this week - mainly due to matchups.  Lindsay will be back in my lineup next week.
I have Mack in but still have Lindsay at flex over Michel for now.  It’s so hard to bench him...I’d like to know Michels use a bit better to feel comfortable.

I have Mack in but still have Lindsay at flex over Michel for now.  It’s so hard to bench him...I’d like to know Michels use a bit better to feel comfortable.
I figured if Buff can go for 200+ rushing on NYJ, then Michel at 85% health should do just fine.  I think the extra week of rest helped him get healthy.  Looking forward to this matchup as BB never holds back against NYJ.  

Between him and Tarik Cohen for me. I figure Lindsay presents a more reliable floor given less variability in usage, but I can see how Cohen would alternately be a bad match up (the game script against the Lions seems to favor Howard, not Cohen, Chase Daniel may want to play it safer by leveraging the run game) or a good match up for him (Chase Daniel seemed to have favored dump offs to backs in preseason).

I love this guy, but his usage keeps me from playing him in my flex (other options are Golladay and Diggs).  They need to get him the ball 20 times a game.  He is their most explosive weapon.

Lindsay has done much better than I expected but Freeman is the more talented back and the Broncos are not going to give up on him.  Best case scenario is a RBBC for Lindsay.

I'm another one benching him this game, but only because I have similar options with sweet matchups. After this week he's locked into my lineup. He's a phenomenal talent and clearly the guy Denver should continue to ride if they want to have any chance of ending on a high note. Freeman only has value in dynasty or deep redrafts as a handcuff.

Lindsay has done much better than I expected but Freeman is the more talented back and the Broncos are not going to give up on him.  Best case scenario is a RBBC for Lindsay.
we watching the same games?  freeman is a plodder who averaged just over 3ypc last week.  yea, he stole a TD to make the stat sheet acceptable.

the devil is the most talented offensive skill player they have right now.  and averaging 5.5 ypc while breaking 40+ yard runs.

VJ is fighting for his job, along w/ the rest of the staff. 

I heard on the talk radio here that after the Paradis injury, the re-shuffle was basically a center and 4 tackles on the oline.  And they were good last week. They're going to run to minimize keenum's issues, and the majority of the carries will continue to go to Phil.  If your rbbc is 65/35 (for both freeman and booker), then I agree.

And I guess the 198 players drafted before Tom Brady are also more talented than he is, including the 3 kickers taken before him.   :rolleyes:

Disagree.  Lindsay has better vision, quickness and football IQ.  The proof has been baked into the pudding all year.  

Edit: I would love to entertain any cogent argument that feeeman is better.  Let’s here it.  Can’t be based on stats, so you better get creative...

Last edited by a moderator:
Disagree.  Lindsay has better vision, quickness and football IQ.  The proof has been baked into the pudding all year.  

Edit: I would love to entertain any cogent argument that feeeman is better.  Let’s here it.  Can’t be based on stats, so you better get creative...
No, I will give you quickness but that is it.  Freeman more powerful, better YAC, better goal line, football IQ, vision.

To me the usage of the two is pretty good. As a Lindsay owner, not sure who is actually better, but the stats this year point to Lindsay I think. Regardless, a 190 pound back doesn’t need more that 15ish touches per game, almost guaranteed with his burst he will bust 1 or 2 nice gains. Obviously he’s going to get a 20 touch game or 10 touch game mixed in. But I think Denver is playing it correctly keeping both back fresh. 

No, I will give you quickness but that is it.  Freeman more powerful, better YAC, better goal line, football IQ, vision.
Based on what?

I disagree with everything you said except that Lindsay is quicker than Freeman.

If you watch the players with an open mind it doesn't take very long to come to the same conclusion. 

Yep, and if you listen to local radio in Denver, or listen to what Terrell Davis says, everyone is very excited about Linday, TD said he thinks he can break his rushing record. When it comes to Freeman....crickets. 

Lindsay is second in NFL for rookie rushing (Barkley actually gets the workload) and Lindsay splits work with Freeman/Booker and was tossed out of a game in the first qtr...

He is the real deal boys. If he got 20 touches a game he would be a league winner, no one is complaining with this guy in their Flex

obv not rookie v rookie, but this was almost like when some folks thought hyde was better than chubb

you're either seriously blind, ro seriously invested on the wrong side

Seems like a lotta dynasty people that invested first round picks are trying to convince themselves Freeman is the better back.

I have watched both Freeman and Lindsay over the past 4 years on the field.
You’re not watching this year in the pros at least not with an unbiased eye. 

I won’t speak to their college years as I did not really see Lindsay there. I liked Freeman as a prospect and I do think he’s looked good at times as a pro but there’s no way he’s looked better than Lindsay this year.

You’re not watching this year in the pros at least not with an unbiased eye. 

I won’t speak to their college years as I did not really see Lindsay there. I liked Freeman as a prospect and I do think he’s looked good at times as a pro but there’s no way he’s looked better than Lindsay this year.
OK, OK.  Part schtick in here as I admit Lindsay looks much better than I thought he would.  It doesn't change my mind that I believe Freeman is a better NFL back.  LOL at people in here not agreeing Freeman is a more physical back.

OK, OK.  Part schtick in here as I admit Lindsay looks much better than I thought he would.  It doesn't change my mind that I believe Freeman is a better NFL back.  LOL at people in here not agreeing Freeman is a more physical back.
I don't think Freeman is a very physical RB despite his size. He goes down to first contact pretty frequently from what I saw and I would describe his play style as more finesse than power.

Biabreakable said:
I don't think Freeman is a very physical RB despite his size. He goes down to first contact pretty frequently from what I saw and I would describe his play style as more finesse than power.
awful take, near top of league in YAC

Don't Noonan said:
Part schtick in here as I admit Lindsay looks much better than I thought he would.
It's not great shtick, tbh, and really stinky bait as it's coming across (likely purposefully so to stir pots) as willfully ignorant of what both of these backs have shown so far.

Yes, Freeman has more prototypical size and bulk, which I can see would make him run with a more powerful style. But he is simply not been the better back in this offense.

Both have had great plays lowering the shoulder and moving the piles, both have looked good at times in turning corners and getting upfield around defenders. But Lindsay does much more and more often. And more impressive to me is Lindsay's willingness and ability to do it at his size -- he's actually looked good in these short yardage/inside the 10 power runs not shying from contact and actually being effective and keepign his legs churning for extra yards.

Denver may have a high class problem on their hand with two very capable backs, but there is little evidence -- tangible or intangible -- that Freeman is and has been better so far.

Back on track, how do we feel Lindsay will fare this weekend against a fairly stout PIT run D who seems sound both stuffing inside and getting good pursuit from ends and LBs?

Actually fairly nervous despite the fact that PIT has let dynamic/athletic backs run over them this year (CMC is a good example). It's a tough match up for sure, and was surprised to see that he was fairly high ranked by FBG and other analysts this weekend. 

It's not great shtick, tbh, and really stinky bait as it's coming across (likely purposefully so to stir pots) as willfully ignorant of what both of these backs have shown so far.

Yes, Freeman has more prototypical size and bulk, which I can see would make him run with a more powerful style. But he is simply not been the better back in this offense.

Both have had great plays lowering the shoulder and moving the piles, both have looked good at times in turning corners and getting upfield around defenders. But Lindsay does much more and more often. And more impressive to me is Lindsay's willingness and ability to do it at his size -- he's actually looked good in these short yardage/inside the 10 power runs not shying from contact and actually being effective and keepign his legs churning for extra yards.

Denver may have a high class problem on their hand with two very capable backs, but there is little evidence -- tangible or intangible -- that Freeman is and has been better so far.

Back on track, how do we feel Lindsay will fare this weekend against a fairly stout PIT run D who seems sound both stuffing inside and getting good pursuit from ends and LBs?

Actually fairly nervous despite the fact that PIT has let dynamic/athletic backs run over them this year (CMC is a good example). It's a tough match up for sure, and was surprised to see that he was fairly high ranked by FBG and other analysts this weekend. 
Denver kills it at home.Pitt no bueno on the road. Despite being  the better team Pitt's only a 3 pt fave, 46 o/u. Denver's gonna score pts in this one.

I don't see Pitt defense as anything special, they can be run on. since 2003 theyre 2-5 playing at denver. Broncos are playing better nowadays.

PL should tear apart that defense he'll be a major part of the game plan since there's a snow storm out there with 60mph winds ,etc.

So this young stud only gets 25 carries over the last 2 games, despite averaging 7.6 yards per carry in those games. Seriously, how stupid are the Donkeys coaches?!? 

So this young stud only gets 25 carries over the last 2 games, despite averaging 7.6 yards per carry in those games. Seriously, how stupid are the Donkeys coaches?!? 
I have been defending Lindsay's "size" this whole thread, but even I would be willing to admit that limiting his carries to some degree isn't a bad thing. While I don't agree smaller backs are more injury prone, it does seem logical they would wear down more during the course of a game if they were over-used.

Plus as some one else said, they did win both games.

YPC is a pretty weak indicator anyway. If you’ve got a bigger back who is getting the first down, short yardage & GL carries averaging under 4 YPC & then the CoP guy comes in for misdirection rushing plays or running draws on passing downs, and the latter averages over 5-6 YPC, it’s not a very nuanced view to say “sheesh these coaches are dumb.” 

Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL):
Second game in a row Phillip Lindsay has averaged more yards per attempt than the QB. https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1066852833100652544?s=17

Cant believe this Lindsay vs. Freeman argument is still going on.
It's not. 

Don't get me wrong, Freeman looks like he has tools to play now and can still develop into a featured competitor at this level, but at this point it truly is not an argument. Lindsay has proven himself consistently week in, week out.

There's reality, and one or two Freeman owners who like to continue to throw stinky bait in the pool.

YPC is a pretty weak indicator anyway. If you’ve got a bigger back who is getting the first down, short yardage & GL carries averaging under 4 YPC & then the CoP guy comes in for misdirection rushing plays or running draws on passing downs, and the latter averages over 5-6 YPC, it’s not a very nuanced view to say “sheesh these coaches are dumb.” 
Are you trying to say this is the case with Lindsay

Okay, let me reword then, if you were the coach of the Broncos, and BY FAR, you most explosive effective player on offense was averaging 7.6 per carry ,wouldn't you give him more than 12.5 carries per game?? Its not like there is a history that says give him too many and he'll get injured. He's proven himself to be a very tough runner, inside, out, and he's durable. Yes they have won the last 2 games, but still you'd think you'd want to utilize your best weapon. Can you imagine Brees only throwing 20 times a game? Look at what that Panthers are doing with CMC. That is what the Broncos should be doing with Lindsay right now. 

Users who are viewing this thread