What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Phillip Lindsay, IND (2 Viewers)

Melvin Gordon changed his court date to December 14th.  That is the day after their Week 14 game.  So there is a good chance Melvin will serve his suspension in Weeks 15-17.  Unless the Broncos are in the playoff hunt in which case he'll likely delay his court date again and serve his suspension next year.  Potentially being the starter during the fantasy playoffs makes Lindsay an enticing player to pick up or trade for.  He is a definite tier 2 running back with Melvin out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phillip Lindsay (knee) will be limited during Thursday's practice. 

It's an upgrade from Wednesday's missed practice. He's now on track to play this week against KC, making Lindsay and backfield mate Melvin Gordon undesirable fantasy options. A late-week setback for Lindsay would position Gordon as a decent low-end RB2 option. 

RELATED: 

Melvin Gordon

SOURCE: Jeff Legwold on Twitter 

Dec 3, 2020, 1:48 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Broncos RB Phillip Lindsay (knee, questionable) is expected to play in Week 13 against the Chiefs.

Lindsay has created a timeshare in the Denver backfield, logging 29 carries to Melvin Gordon's 28 over the past three weeks. With both backs splitting work as massive underdogs to the Chiefs, neither is a particularly appealing fantasy option. Gordon's touch advantage gives him a better shot at RB2 numbers while Lindsay slots in on the RB2/3 border. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dec 6, 2020, 8:27 AM ET

Phillip Lindsay rushed 14 times for 26 yards in Week 13 against the Chiefs.

Lindsay had his usual workload despite playing through a knee injury. He continued to have a near even timeshare with Melvin Gordon, who went off for a season-high 131 yards. Lindsay has shown signs of wearing down, averaging 2.0 YPC the last two weeks. He'll likely play in the lesser half of a committee with Gordon in Week 14.

Dec 6, 2020, 11:49 PM ET

Phillip Lindsay (knee) is practicing in full for Week 14 against the Panthers. 

Lindsay didn't appear anywhere close to 100 percent as he turned 14 carries into 26 yards against the Chiefs last Sunday night, but he apparently avoided setbacks. Lindsay has frequently looked better than Melvin Gordon this season, but that should not be assumed with his current health. Lindsay is a middling RB3 for the first week of the fantasy playoffs. 

Dec 10, 2020, 6:48 PM ET

Phillip Lindsay (hip) is questionable for Week 15 against the Bills.

As is Melvin Gordon (shoulder). Both are still expected to play in a rough matchup opposite a stingy (of late) Buffalo defense that has stuffed Austin Ekeler (14/44), Raheem Mostert (9/42), and James Conner (10/18) since returning at full health from the bye the past three games. Gordon is expected to out-touch Lindsay as the stronger RB2/3 between the two, but the latter could easily out-perform Gordon on fewer carries.

SOURCE: Jeff Legwold on Twitter

Dec 17, 2020, 12:23 PM ET

Phillip Lindsay (hip) won’t play in Week 16 against the Chargers.

It’s possible Lindsay’s played his last game with the Broncos since he’s an unrestricted free agent this spring. With Royce Freeman also questionable, it’s possible Melvin Gordon handles every backfield touch for Denver by default. Gordon had been splitting carries with Lindsay but should reward managers who kept him around as a touch-based RB2 with volume on Sunday.

SOURCE: Aric DiLalla on Twitter

Dec 25, 2020, 4:10 PM ET

Broncos GM George Paton said he "wants" restricted free agent RB Phillip Lindsay back for 2021.

Patton said they will be applying a tender on Lindsay but the level hasn't been determined. Another team could slide in and sign Lindsay if the Broncos get loose with their evaluation, but the most likely scenario is Lindsay returning as Melvin Gordon's sidekick. He battled various injuries in 2020, ultimately landing him on injured reserve.

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter

Mar 4, 2021, 2:49 PM ET

Broncos extended an original-round tender to restricted free agent RB Phillip Lindsay. 

The Broncos have been dithering on Lindsay's value for weeks. They have settled on "not very much." The "low" tender is worth only $2.133 million, while the Broncos would not be entitled to draft pick compensation if they decline to match an offer elsewhere since Lindsay was an undrafted free agent. Lindsay had a rough, injury-shortened 2020, but since there is nothing to lose for other teams, he might actually draw an offer sheet or two. If the Broncos were gung-ho about retaining Lindsay, he would have been tendered at the second-round level. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Mar 15, 2021, 9:02 PM ET

Broncos rescinded its original-round tender to restricted free agent RB Phillip Lindsay.

Denver's wavering on the 26-year-old's value ultimately led to the two sides moving on. Lindsay had always been underestimated by the organization, rushing for 1,000 yards in each of his first two seasons despite being widely available as an undrafted free agent, and has proven he can thrive as a pure between-the-tackles runner in any backfield committee. He'll be a player to monitor in the later rounds of fantasy drafts pending his next destination.

SOURCE: Mike McCartney on Twitter

Mar 18, 2021, 9:37 AM ET

The way the Broncos treated him was, quite frankly, embarrassingly shameful .
Are we missing something here?  Local kid who has a great career at Boulder, makes the hometown team as an undrafted FA and turns into quality RB that fans like...you would think this is the type of guy you want around your organization but they basically just kicked him to the curb while not have much behind him...just doesn't make sense.

Are we missing something here?  Local kid who has a great career at Boulder, makes the hometown team as an undrafted FA and turns into quality RB that fans like...you would think this is the type of guy you want around your organization but they basically just kicked him to the curb while not have much behind him...just doesn't make sense.
Horrible mistake by new GM Paton. He has no clue of the intangibles Lindsay brings to the team (on top of the proven performance).

Only explanation I can think of is

a) injury history

b) stupid new GM not understanding current personnel, then doing his best Bob Quinn imitation to stock the new team with players/people he knows from his old team (e.g. Mike Boone)

The way the Broncos treated him was, quite frankly, embarrassingly shameful .

Horrible mistake by new GM Paton. He has no clue of the intangibles Lindsay brings to the team (on top of the proven performance).

Only explanation I can think of is

a) injury history

b) stupid new GM not understanding current personnel, then doing his best Bob Quinn imitation to stock the new team with players/people he knows from his old team (e.g. Mike Boone)
In Adam Shefter's post it says that they "mutally parted ways." Wouldn't the indicate he was okay with this move?

Sooooooo WTF is happening here exactly? Is he available to sign? Count me on the side that says he could be super undervalued in FF right now and could spoil some backfield out there. Someone mentioned that but I'm on board.

In Adam Shefter's post it says that they "mutally parted ways." Wouldn't the indicate he was okay with this move?
No. Broncos never made a meaningful offer, then slapped a lower-round tender on him. That hindered his negotiating leverage with new teams since Broncos could have matched.

Now he is unrestricted.

This kid bleeds Colorado mountain blood so hardly believe any of the above was his choice.

Sooooooo WTF is happening here exactly? Is he available to sign? Count me on the side that says he could be super undervalued in FF right now and could spoil some backfield out there. Someone mentioned that but I'm on board.
He's a UFA now. I think he'll be more destructive (in Fantasy Football of course) to the backfield he joins than he is useful for the Philip Lindsey owners.

He's a UFA now. I think he'll be more destructive (in Fantasy Football of course) to the backfield he joins than he is useful for the Philip Lindsey owners.
That's probably true but he is basically free in dynasty right now. As a FF depth piece he is probably going to kill his current ADP. If he isn't useful he may at least be marketable. Trade a penny for a dime kind of thing? Someone will need a guy like him inseason.

That's probably true but he is basically free in dynasty right now. As a FF depth piece he is probably going to kill his current ADP. If he isn't useful he may at least be marketable. Trade a penny for a dime kind of thing? Someone will need a guy like him inseason.
Oh, I'd def try to get him in he was cheap, which as you said, he should be.

PERFECT James White replacement.  Bill, please make the call!!
OK, I'll play. Why is Lindsay the perfect White replacement? He's averaged 1.8 receptions and 11 receiving yards per game in his career so far with only 6 yards per reception. He's been used far more in the running game (7 times as many rushes than receptions . . . White has more career receptions than rushing attempts.) If you want the Pats to bring him in, fine, but I don't see his role being anywhere near how they used White. If you want someone similar to White, then have BB call Duke Johnson (who is a FA).

People are to quick to assume Linsday is a threat in the passing game because he's built more like a third down back but while he's dangerous in space he's not much as a pass blocker or receiver. He's a different kind of RB, a dangerous COP RB but not a third down/passing down RB.

OK, I'll play. Why is Lindsay the perfect White replacement? He's averaged 1.8 receptions and 11 receiving yards per game in his career so far with only 6 yards per reception. He's been used far more in the running game (7 times as many rushes than receptions . . . White has more career receptions than rushing attempts.) If you want the Pats to bring him in, fine, but I don't see his role being anywhere near how they used White. If you want someone similar to White, then have BB call Duke Johnson (who is a FA).
Agreed...I like Lindsay but he would add zero diversity to what they currently have with Harris and Michel...he is not the style of RB they need right now.

What makes you think this? In his first 3 years he has been fairly useful in 2 of them. Not talking a league winner obviously,  but he can still be useful.  Especially now that he gets to pick his team/offense. 

What makes you think this? In his first 3 years he has been fairly useful in 2 of them. Not talking a league winner obviously,  but he can still be useful.  Especially now that he gets to pick his team/offense. 
I just have a feeling he'll sign somewhere where he won't get enough touches to make him a worth while starter, but instead just take away from the starter enough to be a thorn in their side. Just a gut feeling.

Texans signed RB Phillip Lindsay, formerly of the Broncos, to a one-year, $3.25 million contract.

The Texans have signed more backup players in the first week of free agency than any team in the history of the NFL. Lindsay will be just that in Houston with David Johnson most likely starting. Lindsay and Mark Ingram will battle things out on early downs behind one of the league's worst offensive lines. With quarterback also up in the air, this running back depth chart is worth avoiding at almost all costs in fantasy. Lindsay offers plus speed as a one-read runner when healthy, but injuries were a problem in 2020.

- Mike McCartney, Twitter

Well I guess the Texans' phones are working. Everything else is on fire but they have a good signal. I suppose they could go down to the local Walmart and trade those in for in-store credit or something on their way out.

Users who are viewing this thread